Our Solar/Alt Energy Future

The ultra rich profit off of petroleum. Should we get rid of it?
You profit off of petroleum, should we get rid of it?

The ultra rich, Bill Gates? He made his billions off of oil? Elon Musk, did he make his billions off of oil? Zuckerberg? That was oil?

I can see your confusion. I did not write my statement with enough detail for you to understand.

The Ultra Rich are profiting from government subsidies that are specifically given to Solar and Wind investors as well as corporations. The CEO's and the management of Solar and Wind companies take million dollar bonuses when they get their subsidies.

Yes, we should get rid of Solar, Wind, Geothermal, and Electric Vehicles, because the profit is the subsidy

No, bullshitting is what you do. I have more than proved 100's of times what solar panels and wind turbines are made of.

Heavy industry using billions of tons of chemicals is what builds solar and wind.
You haven't proved it once, you fucking liar. Link to a post from you proving it.

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Solar on Multifamily Affordable Housing (SOMAH) Program, St. Mary’s Elderly Housing Corporation, and Asian Pacific Environmental Network have partnered with Sunrun (Nasdaq: RUN), the nation’s leading provider of clean energy as a subscription service, for a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate a new rooftop solar installation at St. Mary’s Gardens, an affordable housing community in Oakland, California.

Built in 1979 by St. Mary’s Elderly Housing Corporation, a local nonprofit corporation, St. Mary’s Gardens offers 100 affordable-living homes to senior citizens aged 62 or over who qualify as very low or extremely low income. Sunrun installed solar panels on the apartment rooftops, providing tenants with 117 kilowatts of solar power. The solar system generates enough energy to offset nearly two-thirds of tenants’ energy usage, saving each household about $35 per month on their electricity bill through virtual net metering.

“It is gratifying to connect affordable housing communities and families to a cleaner energy source and provide them with the many benefits that come with solar energy,” said Sunrun CEO Mary Powell. “Rooftop solar effectively removes the variable risk of energy inflation for affordable housing developments. We are proud to promote energy equity while delivering meaningful monthly savings to the residents of St. Mary’s Gardens.”

“Elderly citizens like myself are unfortunately often overlooked on energy issues,” said Joseph Wang, an 88-year-old St. Mary’s Garden resident. “As someone on a fixed income, $35 a month is a significant savings that will positively impact my life. I’m very proud of St. Mary’s staff for improving our buildings’ energy efficiency and making our neighborhood and community more sustainable with this solar installation.”

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 24, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Solar on Multifamily Affordable Housing (SOMAH) Program, St. Mary’s Elderly Housing Corporation, and Asian Pacific Environmental Network have partnered with Sunrun (Nasdaq: RUN), the nation’s leading provider of clean energy as a subscription service, for a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate a new rooftop solar installation at St. Mary’s Gardens, an affordable housing community in Oakland, California.

Built in 1979 by St. Mary’s Elderly Housing Corporation, a local nonprofit corporation, St. Mary’s Gardens offers 100 affordable-living homes to senior citizens aged 62 or over who qualify as very low or extremely low income. Sunrun installed solar panels on the apartment rooftops, providing tenants with 117 kilowatts of solar power. The solar system generates enough energy to offset nearly two-thirds of tenants’ energy usage, saving each household about $35 per month on their electricity bill through virtual net metering.

“It is gratifying to connect affordable housing communities and families to a cleaner energy source and provide them with the many benefits that come with solar energy,” said Sunrun CEO Mary Powell. “Rooftop solar effectively removes the variable risk of energy inflation for affordable housing developments. We are proud to promote energy equity while delivering meaningful monthly savings to the residents of St. Mary’s Gardens.”

“Elderly citizens like myself are unfortunately often overlooked on energy issues,” said Joseph Wang, an 88-year-old St. Mary’s Garden resident. “As someone on a fixed income, $35 a month is a significant savings that will positively impact my life. I’m very proud of St. Mary’s staff for improving our buildings’ energy efficiency and making our neighborhood and community more sustainable with this solar installation.”
Technically, it provides only about 10 kw of power. San Fransisco is piss poor place for solar, too much Marine Layer. What you would call fog.

Take away the subsidies and the government dictating that utilities must give them free power, and they would never consider solar.

Technically, it provides only about 10 kw of power. San Fransisco is piss poor place for solar, too much Marine Layer. What you would call fog.
Technically, it's saving these very poor people $35 per month.

Think how much they would be saving in places without so much Marine Layer, what you would call fog.

:auiqs.jpg:
View attachment 757001

iu

Michael Moore Presents: Planet of the Humans | Full Documentary | Directed by Jeff Gibbs​

View attachment 757002

Intelligent folks don't support your fake solutions.

Intelligent people don’t deny man-made climate change or our ability to reduce carbon emissions. Intelligent people see this as an opportunity to do better and make money.

Your post proves that you’re gullible and easily lead down the wrong path.

Take away the subsidies and the government dictating that utilities must give them free power, and they would never consider solar.

Always ready to reject things that are better and cheaper, because they’re not perfect.

For profit companies will never spend capital to upgrade infrastructure because of the impact on dividends. That’s why your infrastructure has fallen so far behind other first world nations.

Your reliance on the free market means that low population areas will never have the infrastructure to support international trade and business because it’s not profitable.

Government investment and subsidies are exactly what is needed to build the infrastructure.

Technically, it's saving these very poor people $35 per month.
Think how much they would be saving in places without so much Marine Layer, what you would call fog.
Handing $35 to the poor, while paying $100 in tax money to the solar company, great idea, pat yourself on the back for being so generous and good

Handing $35 to the poor, while paying $100 in tax money to the solar company, great idea, pat yourself on the back for being so generous and good

Link to prove costs? The number is meaningless without proof or context.

If that’s $100 per household per year, that’s a total savings of $420 per year and a net savings of $320 per year.

The bald fact is that the Trump Cult hates ANYTHING that puts money in the pockets of working Americans. Tax cuts for the rich - great idea. Tax cuts for corporations who don’t need the cash - sure give them more.

Money for poor children’s lunches when schools are closed. No fucking way. 22 Republican states turned it down. Probably the same 22 states that banned abortion, and Medicaid Expansion.

No money for the poor ever!!!!!

You have a good, negative, wrong, imagination.

Get back to me when you quit making things up

Not imagination. You’re gonnna need links to refute anyone’s post and your uninformed blither has none.

Did the article say that it cost each $100 for each resident? No. You just lie and lie and lie.

Link to prove costs?
you ask for a link, then start giving links, first
the fact of the matter, is you are another that does not know your ass from a hole in the ground

the government is using a $100 to give a person $35? That is a $100 of my money, not theirs. Yes I get it, people are suffering. But it is not my fault, it is the governments

now bitches like you think you are better person because you are fine with the government taking from the middle class to give to the poor that the government created

how is there poor people in a democrat run city in a democrat run state which claims to be the 6th richest, in the world

such a bargain, giving the government $100 so that they can save a poor person $35

Forum List

Back