Legal Drinking Age to Be Lowered?

And you continue to serve as evidence of Fisty's remarks about rank stupidity permeating American culture. Never is such a phenomenon more visible than when it comes to a fool and a moron such as yourself being incapable of valid or rational argumentation.

The fact that you continue to respond to me serves as adequate rebuttal to your claims.

Why not let the states decide? They let states decide death penalty and other issues.
Exactly especially since that is what they used to do and since it is now 21 I think it is alittle wierd that their is more alchohol abuse and benge drinking among young people especially college students.

Why not let the states decide? They let states decide death penalty and other issues.

States get to decide whether they ban alcohol or not, it's only logical that they should also be given drinking age as well.

Others do not disagree. They are just stupid. Nobody has an ideology where the name "Ted" is a factor in their voting. They are just stupid and see a fuzzy object. Same for the other things.

Vote for the re-animated corpse of Theodore Bundy.

With a name like Ted, you can't possibly go wrong.

are there any dry states?

States give the power to locals....

For example, Ocean City, New Jersey is a DRY town....no liquor/bars what so ever, gotta cross a bridge to get to the next town over's liquor store.

it's town by town that rules/governs this....the State can not force a district or or city or township to carry/serve alcohol....is my understanding of it.

care

Are there any states where the drinking age is not 21?

The actual "drinking age" isn't 21, interestingly enough. The minimum purchase age is 21.

You sure? I remember when Wisconsin changed from 19 to 21. 1986 or 87 something. when illinois and michigan were 21.

That's a possibility. The 1984 federal ordinance stipulated that states would lose federal highway funding if they were not in compliance with the law. It's possible that Wisconsin rode it out for a while.

The fact that you continue to respond to me serves as adequate rebuttal to your claims.

And if you respond to me, you're a big fat poopyhead! :eusa_angel:

I WIN! I WIN! :D

I don't think a minimum age limit serves any purpose in this regard, to be honest. Educating the young to drink responsibly and in moderation from an early age would seem the most commendable route.

I don't think a minimum age limit serves any purpose in this regard, to be honest. Educating the young to drink responsibly and in moderation from an early age would seem the most commendable route.

And why haven't their parents educated them on this Agna...?

Or have they, but the kids just didn't listen....?

The later, is more likely, imho.

I have no room to even comment on this topic....drinking age was 18 when i turned such, and i began going to clubs at 16/17 using my older sister's Driver's License as ID, which did not have pictures on them back then!!! I went to dance and be with my friends who were usually older than me or my sister's age.... i never got drunk or anything....but i did have a drink occaisionally!

And believe it or not, my parents WHO ALWAYS caught me for whatever mischief I was up to, NEVER caught me doing that! :eek: One reason I am alive today and speaking to you!!!!! :lol:

Care

I have no room to even comment on this topic....drinking age was 18 when i turned such, and i began going to clubs at 16/17 using my older sister's Driver's License as ID, which did not have pictures on them back then!!! I went to dance and be with my friends who were usually older than me or my sister's age.... i never got drunk or anything....but i did have a drink occaisionally!

And believe it or not, my parents WHO ALWAYS caught me for whatever mischief I was up to, NEVER caught me doing that! :eek: One reason I am alive today and speaking to you!!!!! :lol:

Care

I'm calling them right now :eusa_whistle:

Personally, I think we should get rid of the drinking age, or at least limit the authority of the government to public property, but it will never happen. Too many municipalities make a lot of money arresting minors in possession and placing them on probation.

I disagree. The structure of the United States' attitude toward youth drinking is not set up to encourage moderation or instruction from a young age, because of the fact that legislators here pursue prohibitionist policies in order to win more votes, and because many parents are ignorant of the fact that the actual drinking age is not 21, and their offspring can often consume alcohol with their consent. (Such as in Texas.)

The legacy of Europe provides a worthy example to look to, as they have more widespread rates of moderate alcohol consumption, and lower rates of binge drinking.

Forum List

Back