Legal Drinking Age to Be Lowered?

Such a remark is informed only by your underdeveloped brain, since you are under twenty-five years old.

Correct? :eusa_shhh:
I might be underdeveloped with respect to how my own brain operates in 3 and a half years, but I am far more developed with respect to most other people regardless of age.

Most of mankind is stupid, therefore one section of mankind is also likely to be mostly stupid.
So surely you are in favor of further restrictions, and not less. In addition to age, there should be tests to prove that you know what you are doing.

So surely you are in favor of further restrictions, and not less. In addition to age, there should be tests to prove that you know what you are doing.

Nope, I am not in favor of further restrictions. If you tell 18 - 20 year olds they can't vote because most of us are stupid, then you have to tell all of America they can't vote because most of them are stupid.

I think RGS provided a great argument against said tests, so I will quote him.

A test is unconstitutional. Why? Because there is no way to make a test for voting that is not politically motivated to eliminate some group or groups. You can forget about that idea or have you forgotten the Civil Rights fights we already went through and the "tests" for literacy that the South used to prevent blacks from voting?

Your other other claim of 30 is just as capricious, no evidence exists to prove at 30 everyone is ready to vote either.

Nope, I am not in favor of further restrictions. If you tell 18 - 20 year olds they can't vote because most of us are stupid, then you have to tell all of America they can't vote because most of them are stupid.

I think RGS provided a great argument against said tests, so I will quote him.
I don't accept RGS's rationale.

And, most of America is too stupid or unqualified to vote in an informed way.

Agnapostate continues to serve as valuable evidence of why 16 year olds don't need to vote. Or drink, for that matter.

And you continue to serve as evidence of Fisty's remarks about rank stupidity permeating American culture. Never is such a phenomenon more visible than when it comes to a fool and a moron such as yourself being incapable of valid or rational argumentation.

And you continue to serve as evidence of Fisty's remarks about rank stupidity permeating American culture. Never is such a phenomenon more visible than when it comes to a fool and a moron such as yourself being incapable of valid or rational argumentation.
I disagree.

I disagree.

No, you just think you do. I have MRI and fMRI scans that agree with me. :)

image.axdp

Like you are going to change your opinion.

Why do you post on political forums at all if you maintain such a view? Few ever change their deeply held opinions. Present evidence that the drinking age should remain at 21 so that those with no deeply held convictions on the matter have the opportunity to see a rational debate on the matter.

I don't accept RGS's rationale.

And, most of America is too stupid or unqualified to vote in an informed way.

Well his rationale was very good in this instance so it would be foolish to ignore it.

Then we should get rid of the right to vote all together.

Why do you post on political forums at all if you maintain such a view? Few ever change their deeply held opinions. Present evidence that the drinking age should remain at 21 so that those with no deeply held convictions on the matter have the opportunity to see a rational debate on the matter.
Few ever come to online debate forums, especially about politics, in a genuine search for education, and those who do can't sort through all the arguments enough, due both to the way boards like this and this one are structured and who they bring in, and to the inexperience betraying those in search for the knowledge they want.

That is pretty extreme. Why are you so extreme?

I'm being extreme because you're advocating taking away my right to vote on the premise that most people my age are "too stupid." So using your rationale we'd have to take the right to vote away from everyone.

Few ever come to online debate forums, especially about politics, in a genuine search for education, and those who do can't sort through all the arguments enough, due both to the way boards like this and this one are structured and who they bring in, and to the inexperience betraying those in search for the knowledge they want.

Then what are you waiting for? Advance your arguments.

I'm being extreme because you're advocating taking away my right to vote on the premise that most people my age are "too stupid." So using your rationale we'd have to take the right to vote away from everyone.
Using my rationale, there will be plenty of people voting, and through education and training, anybody can opt in.

Forum List

Back