Legal Drinking Age to Be Lowered?

I'm being extreme because you're advocating taking away my right to vote on the premise that most people my age are "too stupid." So using your rationale we'd have to take the right to vote away from everyone.

When the constitution was first written, wasn't it true that only the educated could vote?

Using my rationale, there will be plenty of people voting, and through education and training, anybody can opt in.

Where in the Constitution does it say that a voter has to be educated, trained, and forced to pass a test to vote? Using your rationale we'd take away the liberty of the people to choose who represents them in government based on their own criteria. Using your criteria we'd force people to vote based on how other people think they should vote.

That is why your rationale fails.

Where in the Constitution does it say that a voter has to be educated, trained, and forced to pass a test to vote? Using your rationale we'd take away the liberty of the people to choose who represents them in government based on their own criteria. Using your criteria we'd force people to vote based on how other people think they should vote.

That is why your rationale fails.
Where in my rationale do I suggest anything about the Constitution?

Where in my rationale do I suggest anything about the Constitution?

That's part of the problem. The Constitution is the basis of our government and it doesn't state that voters need to take a class or pass a test to vote for who's going to represent them in their government, so what you're suggesting is unconstitutional.

That's part of the problem. The Constitution is the basis of our government and it doesn't state that voters need to take a class or pass a test to vote for who's going to represent them in their government, so what you're suggesting is unconstitutional.
Lots of things used to be unconstitutional.

The best literature on earth could still use revision. Most authors still think of ways to change their works long after they have been published.

The Constitution has many flaws, but if we simply go against it whenever we want then we might as well not have it at all.

Many revisions to the Constitution would be good, your idea of mandatory education and testing for voters is not a good idea as I have already shown.

The Constitution has many flaws, but if we simply go against it whenever we want then we might as well not have it at all.

Many revisions to the Constitution would be good, your idea of mandatory education and testing for voters is not a good idea as I have already shown.
How am I going against it?

How am I going against it?

You are saying that people must get educated and trained to be able to "opt in" to vote. That is not in the Constitution, therefore you are going against the Constitution.

If you are saying that you think that this "voters education" should be an amendment then I have said that that would not be a good idea as it would take away the rights of the people to vote on whatever basis they choose for the people to represent them.

You are saying that people must get educated and trained to be able to "opt in" to vote. That is not in the Constitution, therefore you are going against the Constitution.

If you are saying that you think that this "voters education" should be an amendment then I have said that that would not be a good idea as it would take away the rights of the people to vote on whatever basis they choose for the people to represent them.
I am just talking. Free Speech is in the constitution. I am not stopping anybody from voting. I'm not even stopping anybody from committing voter fraud. I am just talking.

Most voters don't have a legitimate basis for their votes.

I am just talking. Free Speech is in the constitution. I am not stopping anybody from voting. I'm not even stopping anybody from committing voter fraud. I am just talking.

Most voters don't have a legitimate basis for their votes.

I am not stopping you from talking about your ideas, nor asking you to stop talking about your ideas. You put your ideas on a public message board for discussion and that's what we've been doing. I simply gave you a few reasons why I don't agree with your ideas.

Who's to say most voters don't have a legitimate basis for their votes? If I want to vote for somebody because their name is "Ted" then that means I want somebody named Ted to represent me in office and I voted on that basis. The same thing if I vote for somebody because they're young or old, or I saw a video of them bowling or taking shots in a bar on CNN. Now I personally vote based on the issues, and I don't care who it is or what party they represent. That's the best way to vote, in my opinion. Others, however, may disagree.

I am not stopping you from talking about your ideas, nor asking you to stop talking about your ideas. You put your ideas on a public message board for discussion and that's what we've been doing. I simply gave you a few reasons why I don't agree with your ideas.

Who's to say most voters don't have a legitimate basis for their votes? If I want to vote for somebody because their name is "Ted" then that means I want somebody named Ted to represent me in office and I voted on that basis. The same thing if I vote for somebody because they're young or old, or I saw a video of them bowling or taking shots in a bar on CNN. Now I personally vote based on the issues, and I don't care who it is or what party they represent. That's the best way to vote, in my opinion. Others, however, may disagree.
Others do not disagree. They are just stupid. Nobody has an ideology where the name "Ted" is a factor in their voting. They are just stupid and see a fuzzy object. Same for the other things.

Should the legal drinking age be lowered to 18 since many collage students might be more compelled to drink when it is against the law?
I think it should be like Germany, you can drink at 16 but can't drive until you are 18. Most countries that have lower drinking ages have lower DUI rates. Young adults who can legally drink earlier in other countries usually tend to be more responsible about drinking.
Also when I was in high school it was easier to buy pot then it was to get someone to buy you alcohol! So I am sure it was easier to buy other drugs also.

Others do not disagree. They are just stupid. Nobody has an ideology where the name "Ted" is a factor in their voting. They are just stupid and see a fuzzy object. Same for the other things.

Are there any states where the drinking age is not 21?

Forum List

Back