Leftists have stopped teaching Algebra

Massachusetts is well known for their shitty schools. No wonder they don't want to teach algebra.

It isn't enough to stop teaching algebra in public school. Whites and Asians will still maintain supremacy. Teaching these advanced classes must be prohibited totally. Protect equality.

Why? because there are too many white and Asian students taking Algebra.

And if that makes sense to you, chances are you might be a Joe Biden voter.
I didn't get Algebra until 9th grade when I was in school but it was a required course for all students as was English (4 years of it in high school), History, Geometry, Basic Science, biology. Electives were things like home-ec, physics, chemistry, journalism, poli-sci, typing, shorthand, bookkeeping etc. There was zero time for stupidity like CRT and other social engineering and we got an education that prepared us to compete with anybody.

And there is none of that I haven't used at some time in my life, though I have probably used algebra the least.

Only a person of very low intellect presumes that "disparate impact" is proof of racism. Which is why it is presumed to be racist in American public schools.

The clueless are posting again.

Take these two examples:

I started algebra in the 5th grade, in 1964!

The 3 most difficult years of your life. 1964-1965-1966.
How many Blacks could pass a real Jr High course in Algebra? Very few so it is racist, right?
I had very few students fail Algebra in 38 years ( 17 in the Middle School).
If they did fail, it was because they didn't care, it certainly wasn't because of their race, any race.

But keep pretending Flash that you have a clue about curriculum in middle school.

Last edited:
Got to be honest, if my parents had tried to force me to go to some part-time school *on top* of full time regular school, I would have raised some ruckus
I might have stepped in front of a bus.

Oh, no. I never succeeded at algebra except for one semester in 9th grade, because I got lucky and had a very bright, engaging teacher. I got an A.

Boring teachers are the death of a lot of math careers.

One bad teacher is all it takes. I went from liking school to loathing it in a month. A tin-plated popinjay turned my brother into someone who LOATHES school.
Oh that's in addition to music and art class. They don't call these moms Tiger Moms for nothing. My sister in law is a Chinese national. If their kids misbehave it's off to China and relatives.
Yeah, I recall a mother like that from high school.

Her son hung himself due to a "bad" grade (a B on a calculus test), her daughter was whoring by 13 and probably dead by 16..

Massachusetts is well known for their shitty schools. No wonder they don't want to teach algebra.
Massachusetts is known for having the best schools in the entire country. You are now known as being a dumb ass.

I might have stepped in front of a bus.

One bad teacher is all it takes. I went from liking school to loathing it in a month. A tin-plated popinjay turned my brother into someone who LOATHES school.

Yeah, I recall a mother like that from high school.

Her son hung himself due to a "bad" grade (a B on a calculus test), her daughter was whoring by 13 and probably dead by 16..
That doesn't seem to happen in Asian families, Chinese, Japanese or even Korean. Children in such families turn out very well.

Last edited:
Kids are supposed to be kids. Six hours a day, five days a week is enough. Unless the kid wants to attend a second, part time school, I think it’s ridiculous.
They don't want children. They want automatons. I remember a mother like that...she demanded 18 hours a day of studying and absolute perfection in ALL classes. (She considered a grade of 95 failure.) Her children were told that if they were not valedictorians, they would be disowned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get Algebra until 9th grade when I was in school but it was a required course for all students as was English (4 years of it in high school), History, Geometry, Basic Science, biology. Electives were things like home-ec, physics, chemistry, journalism, poli-sci, typing, shorthand, bookkeeping etc. There was zero time for stupidity like CRT and other social engineering and we got an education that prepared us to compete with anybody.

And there is none of that I haven't used at some time in my life, though I have probably used algebra the least.
You use it alright--you just don't think about it.

I’ve always hated math, so I’m probably biased. But when is algebra ever necessary?

Again, it goes back to aptitude and vocational training. The kid is on an educational/vocational path toward some
kind of engineering? Great teach them algebra. Otherwise, why bother beyond standard arithmetic?
If you're planning on being an engineer or in the scientific field you need to learn algebra and work up to Physics, Differential Equations, Trigonometry, and Calculus.

If you're planning on being an engineer or in the scientific field you need to learn algebra and work up to Physics, Differential Equations, Trigonometry, and Calculus.
right. So send those kids to programs centered on those subjects.

Elementary school teaches the foundations. A broad, well rounded education.

By middle school it is obvious where most kids’ strengths, weaknesses and interests lie. Starting at that age, education should become aggressively vocational in nature and specialized.

There will always be a place for physical education, team sports and extracurriculars. Those are not incompatible with vocational middle and high schools.

right. So send those kids to programs centered on those subjects.

Elementary school teaches the foundations. A broad, well rounded education.

By middle school it is obvious where most kids’ strengths, weaknesses and interests lie. Starting at that age, education should become aggressively vocational in nature and specialized.

There will always be a place for physical education, team sports and extracurriculars. Those are not incompatible with vocational middle and high schools.
Algebra should be the minimum any child should learn.
When I went to school we weren't allowed to use calculators.
We weren't allowed to use them even in college with Algebra.
Algebra is easy if you know your multiplication tables.

Ok, I do realize algebra isn’t really advanced. Like I said I hate math and so don’t give it much thought.

Perhaps algebra should be the bare minimum for a child’s education math-wise. I’ll concede my lack of expertise. The actual educators should obviously be the ones deciding that.

But I still think a specializing and vocational-izing secondary education is a good idea. The broad, general nature of high school subjects did nothing for me. All I got out of high school was the sports and the socializing aspects.

And I could have had the sports and the socializing while also learning a trade.

Japan has some of the highest suicide rates in the world.

Not saying that’s related to education or parenting necessarily, but it certainly disproves the idea that it doesn’t seem to happen in those families.
Hardly. It's the adult Japanese that commit suicide. It is far more likely that the Japanese suicide rate is tied to the place suicide holds in the culture.

How old are you? Who takes Algebra in College?
Did you use a slide rule?
How did you solve trig problems?
Unknown.jpeg

The district should design their curriculum to address the shortfall in the years BEFORE the algebra course is offered. It is the schools' problem if the black and hispanic kids are not given the proper opportunities to compete. It is a school failure--address the problem. Don't remove opportunity for education.
The school's problem? Algebra like reading is unacceptable.

Forum List

Back