latest electoral map

The fact that Romney is going to have to put in time, money, and effort to win NC is a horrible sign for his campaign.

This is the problem for him. You can say well Obama isn't going to take these states because he is a Dem and they have turned red with Republican state government but Romney doesn't have a firm grasp on Republican votes.

He doesn't have a demographic or base, they are tiptoeing around him. He is going to need to spend a lot of money and time in states that would ordinarily go red.

Obama has money he isn't spending yet, he hasn't needed to.

The absolute confidence in the states which "are" effectively already "in" the President's re-election column is the basis upon which folks make their predictions about the necessity or the non-necessity of the President winning some of the so-called swing states.

For example, there was -- not all that long ago -- just an unquestioning assurance that Wisconsin was "in" the President's column.

But the President is a massive cluster-fuck of fail and the States which his people have simply assumed "will" be his are less and less likely to be such "gimmes" in the future, as Election Day draws ever closer.

I will agree that nothing is gonna flip NY or California. But there ARE other states out there -- presently seen as solidly "blue" -- which may turn out not to be blue at the end of this race.

Romney isn't the one to flip these states.

The fact that Romney is going to have to put in time, money, and effort to win NC is a horrible sign for his campaign.

This is the problem for him. You can say well Obama isn't going to take these states because he is a Dem and they have turned red with Republican state government but Romney doesn't have a firm grasp on Republican votes.

He doesn't have a demographic or base, they are tiptoeing around him. He is going to need to spend a lot of money and time in states that would ordinarily go red.

Obama has money he isn't spending yet, he hasn't needed to.

I would not be overconfident.

No one has gotten re-elected with an unemployment rate as high as it is now since 1940. And in that case, FDR was dealing with a GOP that had just barely started to climb back from near oblivion.

Using past elections as a guide Hawaii is the only state that I see going too obama. Since it became a state it's voted republican once in a presidential election and that was Reagan's re-election bid.

Last edited:
NC, Virgina, Fl, even NV.... Toss up? I think not. Romney should easily carrie those states

They are toss-ups. I think Romney has the edge in Florida- but the latest data has Virginia leaning democrat. Remember this map is "registered voters" driven- not likely voters.

I have no doubt Romney is going to win in 2012-

You will be proven wrong.

No one has gotten re-elected with an unemployment rate as high as it is now since 1940. And in that case, FDR was dealing with a GOP that had just barely started to climb back from near oblivion.

that is correct but if asked are you better off today than when the Great Recession began, under the previous Republican Administration - Dec. 07 and with uninterrupted positive GDP since June of 09 the answer can only be affirmative.

the real difficulty of the Obama Administration is not Romney but dissuading the Republican "Hoax" that the economy is worse off today than how the Rs left it in 08.

NC, Virgina, Fl, even NV.... Toss up? I think not. Romney should easily carrie those states

They are toss-ups. I think Romney has the edge in Florida- but the latest data has Virginia leaning democrat. Remember this map is "registered voters" driven- not likely voters.

I have no doubt Romney is going to win in 2012-

You will be proven wrong.

No no. She will be proved correct and you will be confirmed as a cock-eyed optimist.

The Fail in Chief is getting dumped.

Bank on it.

Using past elections as a guide Hawaii is the only state that I see going too obama. Since it became a state it's voted republican once in a presidential election and that was Reagan's re-election bid.

Do you dip your paint chips in ketchup or mayonnaise?

Do you use hot sauce when you eat those little balls of shit you find in public restrooms?

that is correct but if asked are you better off today than when the Great Recession began, under the previous Republican Administration - Dec. 07 and with uninterrupted positive GDP since June of 09 the answer can only be affirmative.

the real difficulty of the Obama Administration is not Romney but dissuading the Republican "Hoax" that the economy is worse off today than how the Rs left it in 08.

And that's basically what the campaign boils down to; the GOP lying their ass off vs the Obama campaign debunking their lies.

And that's basically what the campaign boils down to; the GOP lying their ass off vs the Obama campaign debunking their lies.

If the recession ended in 2009 and things have gotten worse would it be a safe bet to say this down turn in the economy now is all because of obama's economic policy ?

If the recession ended in 2009 and things have gotten worse would it be a safe bet to say this down turn in the economy now is all because of obama's economic policy ?

You're asking the wrong peep BigReb...

You're asking the wrong peep BigReb...

I know but there's always hope for the little shit eater.

/channeling lildeb

Yes.

Wait, what?

Actually toilet paper girl you two must make it a team effort in thos public bathrooms looking for those little balls of shit.

Here was my reply I really don't need your help

Do you use hot sauce when you eat those little balls of shit you find in public restrooms?

Forum List

Back