Lap Top is burning my thighs!!!!

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!
I agree. I'm bad bad bad bad. I'm terrible. Yes, I should be ashamed, and I am ................. NOT !!!!!

so..... about our next phone call.... ;)
Yes, the answer is yes .................... it's definitely a huge YES ................ just let me know when ....... oh darling .... yes...

I'm hurt you keep laughing at my responses!! :(
Sorry................. I shouldn't have laughed ........ you're right, it wasn't funny ........ I'll take everything you say seriously from this point on, promise ... no more laughing ............ forgive me darling .....

yeah yeah... ;)

If you have been hacked there are some flippertygibbet thingamajiggy doomaflotchies you can find on the net where you can protect yourself.

If you have been hacked there are some flippertygibbet thingamajiggy doomaflotchies you can find on the net where you can protect yourself.

Wow girl, you are so helpful! What would do without you!!??

Why? What causes that it's like fire!
You're going to fry the lap top. It has to vent from the bottom. Do not cover up the vent slots on the bottom. They generate a lot of heat. They have to vent through all the holes and slots.

You must be reading my posts. They have that effect on women. :eusa_drool:

But cereally, that's not a good sign. It's most likely your battery heating up. How old is the battery? Might want to pull it out and run strictly on AC until you can replace it. They can melt or worse.

EDIT -- wait, Sonny's right here, right on the money:
You're going to fry the lap top. It has to vent from the bottom. Do not cover up the vent slots on the bottom. They generate a lot of heat. They have to vent through all the holes and slots.

I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

Even as we speak I have mine as usual on this one, I love it:

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.

If I use my laptop on my..well..lap...I put something hard underneath it if I am using it longterm.
Sonny is right, blocking the vents reaaallly shortens the life of your computer.

Get a laptop cooling stand, it raises the laptop so air can circulate. 15 bucks on Newegg

It only happens when I'm here... thoughts????

Ah, well then we're back to the original theory --- it's from reading my posts. :eusa_angel:

All the wimmens here have that issue. After one particular steamy exchange, BlueGin had her whole laptop melt into a puddle.

:eusa_shifty:

Intellectual men are sexy... What can I say? :)

But cereally, that's not a good sign. It's most likely your battery heating up. How old is the battery? Might want to pull it out and run strictly on AC until you can replace it. They can melt or worse.

I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.

If I use my laptop on my..well..lap...I put something hard underneath it if I am using it longterm.
Sonny is right, blocking the vents reaaallly shortens the life of your computer.

Get a laptop cooling stand, it raises the laptop so air can circulate. 15 bucks on Newegg

Ah, well then we're back to the original theory --- it's from reading my posts. :eusa_angel:

All the wimmens here have that issue. After one particular steamy exchange, BlueGin had her whole laptop melt into a puddle.

:eusa_shifty:

I don't care about you and BlueGin, dammit! :argue:

I think it's from these damn ads.....

So I shouldn't tell you about how I can turn her into RedGin?
OK, never mind. :D

Yanno, I never see ads at all. AdBlock Plus baybeh. Wipes 'em all out.

202.jpg

cyber sex.........

202.jpg

cyber sex.........

I knew that one was coming...... (no pun intended....) :banana:

BTW did vacuuming out the laptop help or is it still heating up?

I didn't do it yet.... you can say "I told you so" when I message your from the ER with 3rd degrees burns (or worse) on my legs (or other body parts!!)

BTW did vacuuming out the laptop help or is it still heating up?

I didn't do it yet.... you can say "I told you so" when I message your from the ER with 3rd degrees burns (or worse) on my legs (or other body parts!!)
iamwhat is correct, the very best way to clean a laptop is to take the back off the laptop and blow it out with canned air if you're comfortable doing that. If it doesn't appear dirty then the fan(s) may have failed and the laptop will fail. If it's been hijacked that also could cause the problem.

Bonzi,
All joking aside don't cover the bottom of the laptop. No towels or pillows between you and the laptop. Use a flat hard surface or a laptop cooling panel under your computer. The more the CPU or graphics are used the more heat it will generate. Laptops need a lot of ventilation and heat kills them fast. Heat is the reason that laptops have a 3 year life expectancy. Those that live hot, die young.

Bonzi,
All joking aside don't cover the bottom of the laptop. No towels or pillows between you and the laptop. Use a flat hard surface or a laptop cooling panel under your computer. The more the CPU or graphics are used the more heat it will generate. Laptops need a lot of ventilation and heat kills them fast. Heat is the reason that laptops have a 3 year life expectancy. Those that live hot, die young.

Do you thing with all the technology, they would come up with a better ventilation system...?
There has GOT to be a better way!

You got your priorities mixed up. Instead of a hot laptop burning your thighs, you should have a hot babe sitting there, instead.

You got your priorities mixed up. Instead of a hot laptop burning your thighs, you should have a hot babe sitting there, instead.

You must like girl on girl action....
Does my avie really look "manish"????? Hmmm

Forum List

Back