Lap Top is burning my thighs!!!!

Why? What causes that it's like fire!
You're going to fry the lap top. It has to vent from the bottom. Do not cover up the vent slots on the bottom. They generate a lot of heat. They have to vent through all the holes and slots.

You must be reading my posts. They have that effect on women. :eusa_drool:

But cereally, that's not a good sign. It's most likely your battery heating up. How old is the battery? Might want to pull it out and run strictly on AC until you can replace it. They can melt or worse.

EDIT -- wait, Sonny's right here, right on the money:
You're going to fry the lap top. It has to vent from the bottom. Do not cover up the vent slots on the bottom. They generate a lot of heat. They have to vent through all the holes and slots.

I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

Even as we speak I have mine as usual on this one, I love it:

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.

If I use my laptop on my..well..lap...I put something hard underneath it if I am using it longterm.
Sonny is right, blocking the vents reaaallly shortens the life of your computer.

Get a laptop cooling stand, it raises the laptop so air can circulate. 15 bucks on Newegg

It only happens when I'm here... thoughts????

Ah, well then we're back to the original theory --- it's from reading my posts. :eusa_angel:

All the wimmens here have that issue. After one particular steamy exchange, BlueGin had her whole laptop melt into a puddle.

:eusa_shifty:

I don't care about you and BlueGin, dammit! :argue:

I think it's from these damn ads.....

But cereally, that's not a good sign. It's most likely your battery heating up. How old is the battery? Might want to pull it out and run strictly on AC until you can replace it. They can melt or worse.

I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.

If I use my laptop on my..well..lap...I put something hard underneath it if I am using it longterm.
Sonny is right, blocking the vents reaaallly shortens the life of your computer.

Get a laptop cooling stand, it raises the laptop so air can circulate. 15 bucks on Newegg

Ah, well then we're back to the original theory --- it's from reading my posts. :eusa_angel:

All the wimmens here have that issue. After one particular steamy exchange, BlueGin had her whole laptop melt into a puddle.

It could be from our phone call yesterday. ...... just saying ...

202.jpg

... it was hot. I'm breaking into a sweat just thinking about it... whew!!!

Lap tops and their batteries, they EXPLODE. They might get hot and that. Wouldn't that be unpleasant over your genitals? BANG!

now I'm scared! Actually it's cooled down some...it's weird thought, it will just get super duper hot at times...

202.jpg

Yea, it was great. I enjoyed it also. We'll have to do it again sometime. I love phone sex. You're a hot woman. You make a man climb the walls. Just let me know when you have time for another call. I'm ready any time. Thanks love.

Yea, it was great. I enjoyed it also. We'll have to do it again sometime. I love phone sex. You're a hot woman. You make a man climb the walls. Just let me know when you have time for another call. I'm ready any time. Thanks love.

... no! thank you!!!!
images

Lap tops and their batteries, they EXPLODE. They might get hot and that. Wouldn't that be unpleasant over your genitals? BANG!
Yes. That definitely could ruin someone's day for sure. It could turn a hole as tight as a mouse's ear into one the size of the Grand Canyon, it you know what I mean.

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!
I agree. I'm bad bad bad bad. I'm terrible. Yes, I should be ashamed, and I am ................. NOT !!!!!

now I'm scared! Actually it's cooled down some...it's weird thought, it will just get super duper hot at times...

Hmmm....Bonzi when it is hot...

1) Do you hear the cooling fan going into "turbo"? At that point the cooling fan should really be moving.
2) Place your hands over the vents - do you feel hot air blowing out?
3) Is the flow pretty decent?

If the answer to (1) is no - your cooling fans are not working. Your computer will definitely commit suicide soon. You need it fixed ASAP.
If no to (2 or 3) - your fans are blocked/partially blocked by dust/debris. If you or your hubby is comfortable in doing so - unscrew the little philips screws to take the bottom off. You will likely have to remove the battery - as there are usually more screws there. Remove the dust.

If yes to all three, or removing dust doesn't help - then it is fairly possible your browser is hijacked and has malware running in the background that is making your processors work overtime. What browser do you use?

1) Do you hear the cooling fan going into "turbo"? At that point the cooling fan should really be moving.

If the answer to (1) is no - your cooling fans are not working. Your computer will definitely commit suicide soon. You need it fixed ASAP.
If no to (2 or 3) - your fans are blocked/partially blocked by dust/debris. If you or your hubby is comfortable in doing so - unscrew the little philips screws to take the bottom off. You will likely have to remove the battery - as there are usually more screws there. Remove the dust.

If yes to all three, or removing dust doesn't help - then it is fairly possible your browser is hijacked and has malware running in the background that is making your processors work overtime. What browser do you use?

It's probably the latter.. cause it's very random. It will start to get really hot, then cool down. Then sometimes, hot for a long time... I will listen for the fans, never notice...

Yes. That definitely could ruin someone's day for sure. It could turn a hole as tight as a mouse's ear into one the size of the Grand Canyon, it you know what I mean.

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!
I agree. I'm bad bad bad bad. I'm terrible. Yes, I should be ashamed, and I am ................. NOT !!!!!

so..... about our next phone call.... ;)

There is a thingy you can put your laptop on while in yer lap. It has a fan thingamabob dealywop doomajig that keeps it cool.

Hope that helped. :rofl:

It's probably the latter.. cause it's very random. It will start to get really hot, then cool down. Then sometimes, hot for a long time... I will listen for the fans, never notice...

ruh roh..."never notice":eek-52:
That's a problem. It should be quite loud...basically impossible to not notice.

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!

Yes, the answer is yes .................... it's definitely a huge YES ................ just let me know when ....... oh darling .... yes...

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!

Yes, the answer is yes .................... it's definitely a huge YES ................ just let me know when ....... oh darling .... yes...

I'm hurt you keep laughing at my responses!! :(

There is a thingy you can put your laptop on while in yer lap. It has a fan thingamabob dealywop doomajig that keeps it cool.

Hope that helped. :rofl:

Yeah, unless I'm being hacked, I think that may be the answer!! ;)

Sonny!!! shame shame!!!

I'm hurt you keep laughing at my responses!! :(
Sorry................. I shouldn't have laughed ........ you're right, it wasn't funny ........ I'll take everything you say seriously from this point on, promise ... no more laughing ............ forgive me darling .....

Forum List

Back