Lap Top is burning my thighs!!!!

You got your priorities mixed up. Instead of a hot laptop burning your thighs, you should have a hot babe sitting there, instead.

You must like girl on girl action....
Does my avie really look "manish"????? Hmmm

The OP just sounded so funny that I had to comment. I never even bothered to look at your avie nor read any of the other posts. Then again, avies don't mean much anyway. I have seen lots of guys with girls as their avatar.

I was only speaking of guy and gal interaction, but girl on girl interaction might be fun to watch.:badgrin:

Do you thing with all the technology, they would come up with a better ventilation system...?
There has GOT to be a better way!

Laptops have some of the best cooling systems out there, one fan and a heat sink, which is a heat pipe configuration all designed for a tight, compact situation as in the laptop case. The only thing that will compromise this excellent situation is blocking off the vents, preventing the fan from bringing in cooler air from the outside and exhausting it back out. Seriously, you shouldn't be working with this PC in your lap. It is burning you because the vents are being blocked. Try to sit so that you don't block its vents if you just have to have it in your lap.

I agree; and, sometimes it may be a battery going bad. Any noticeable drop in run time when on battery is an indication.

I remember back years ago when my office had those old white Compaq laptops that you could have the laptop on all day, doing spreadsheets, and the fan never ran. It didn't over heat either, but whenever I started running that old demo of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, then the fan would start running and run flat out. It had to have something that made the PC work for the fan to run back then. Now, the modern PCs' fans run all the time because the CPU's are just so powerful these days and generate so much heat that has to be vented off.

3 pages, surely someone has mentioned a cool pad from any number of manufacturers.

Anything of cloth type construction such as pillows are out because of stopping air flow, but with cool pads they can be of either gel type and no fan or those that have USB powered fans and additional USB ports.

I wouldn't run a laptop with out a cool pad of some sort and will spend the money for a good one.

We currently have 3 laptops and 2 cool pads, both fan driven.

My only complaint is most cool pads are designed for smaller laptops and we have a couple of 17" HP's.

3 pages, surely someone has mentioned a cool pad from any number of manufacturers.

Anything of cloth type construction such as pillows are out because of stopping air flow, but with cool pads they can be of either gel type and no fan or those that have USB powered fans and additional USB ports.

I wouldn't run a laptop with out a cool pad of some sort and will spend the money for a good one.

My only complaint is most cool pads are designed for smaller laptops and we have a couple of 17" HP's.

That Logitech I pictured in post 5 --- on my lap right now -- is 20 inches wide. And supremely comfy. Sounds great too.

I saw where somebody had mentioned the rack that you can fit the laptop in that has separate fans to vent the heat, but this lady probably likes to sit out in the sun and use her PC. So if the sun isn't burning her thighs, the laptop surely will.

I saw where somebody had mentioned the rack that you can fit the laptop in that has separate fans to vent the heat, but this lady probably likes to sit out in the sun and use her PC. So if the sun isn't burning her thighs, the laptop surely will.

I'm not purchasing anything... I think I will just wait for it to blow up, then either go to the hospital or get a new lap top from my company.

You like to live stupidly, just like the whiner the other day who complained of ads slowing his service.

When offered free ad blocking software, he claimed nothing was free and went back to bitching.

You are looking for post count and making moronic statements. all in a vein attempt to be cute.

You are not neither is your quest for post count.

You could be nice lady instead of obnoxious ...................

I'm not purchasing anything... I think I will just wait for it to blow up, then either go to the hospital or get a new lap top from my company.

No?

I repeat... twenty inches. Right here in my lap.

:eusa_whistle:

No?

I repeat... twenty inches. Right here in my lap.

:eusa_whistle:

You like to live stupidly, just like the whiner the other day who complained of ads slowing his service.

When offered free ad blocking software, he claimed nothing was free and went back to bitching.

You are looking for post count and making moronic statements. all in a vein attempt to be cute.

Well that was nice, thanks... :)

I had a lap top that did that before, and I ended up frying the battery. It could be that you're blocking the vents, but it also could be that it's just run it's course I suppose. These stupid lap tops aren't made to last forever. They want you to have to buy a new one every couple/few years. They make things like crap on purpose! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! :wink_2:

You need to start wearing long pants. That way it won't burn your thighs when it gets too hot.

She could get herself an HP. I used to be a civil service employee, and we ran those HP's mostly 24/7 for 6 years straight. Mine lasted forever and is probably still going strong. Then again, I did shut it down on Friday nights and to take it home to do work or travel.

You mean vain not vein.

Speaking of obnoxious, the previous post qualifies.

She could get herself an HP. I used to be a civil service employee, and we ran those HP's mostly 24/7 for 6 years straight. Mine lasted forever and is probably still going strong. Then again, I did shut it down on Friday nights and to take it home to do work or travel.

Really? That's what I have. A cheapo one though.

Forum List

Back