Kudlow: 'We're taking a look at whether Google searches should be regulated'

Incredible. The left has finally found a regulation they don't like.

There are plenty of regulations I don't like. But especially loathsome are the ones where our Dear Leader suggests them for media organizations, threatens to interfere with Amazon/ other large corporations, and suggests that he may take a look at making Google searches more "Trump-friendly".

That's the problem with unprincipled partisans. They have no consistent values and judge the validity of a law based on who it targets.

Well look at that. Republicans are now going to try to impose what they used to (and let’s be honest, probably still do) wrongly think net neutrality is. They love that big gubmint meddling, don’t they?

The flow of information and government have always been closely tied at the hip. It isn't just republicans seeking to monopolize that flow. And this is why I believe the GOP is seeking to rewrite the rules so to speak.

There can be no denial at all that the far left controls the flow of information (media) with an iron fist. They almost have a complete monopoly on it via their Googles and so forth. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if PCs and other mobile devices are sold with software already installed to prefer left-leaning messages and screen out "other"..

At some point the unequal weight needs to be addressed. I just hope they are conservative about new legislation. Trump DOES control the FCC, so.... He's got a bit of leeway in this regard. But it's an election year so they have to tread lightly while they do it. Would be the best time: a reform that IS needed AND a tight rein on the reformers. Should strike the perfect balance.

There are plenty of regulations I don't like. But especially loathsome are the ones where our Dear Leader suggests them for media organizations, threatens to interfere with Amazon/ other large corporations, and suggests that he may take a look at making Google searches more "Trump-friendly".

That's the problem with unprincipled partisans. They have no consistent values and judge the validity of a law based on who it targets.

Incorrect - but carry on

There can be no denial at all that the far left controls the flow of information (media) with an iron fist.
Absolutely that can be denied. The GOP has the most efficient propaganda machine in American hostory. They have their entire following of 10’s of millions of people funneled into getting 100% of their information from a handful of sources. Fox News, Drudgereport, the local talk radio station, Trump’s twitter; then those have a bunch of satellite propaganda blogs that stir the shit around the echo chamber by paraphrasing and linking to the original story like Infowars, Breitbart, OAN, etc., interpreting everything even more radically than their source did.

And yet, the left has been clamoring to bring back the Fairness Doctrine.

The right has their base and the most powerful person in the world backing them on the fairness doctrine. Make sure to give them your vote in November.

There can be no denial at all that the far left controls the flow of information (media) with an iron fist.
Absolutely that can be denied. The GOP has the most efficient propaganda machine in American hostory. They have their entire following of 10’s of millions of people funneled into getting 100% of their information from a handful of sources. Fox News, Drudgereport, the local talk radio station, Trump’s twitter; then those have a bunch of satellite propaganda blogs that stir the shit around the echo chamber by paraphrasing and linking to the original story like Infowars, Breitbart, OAN, etc., interpreting everything even more radically than their source did.
That vs the entire machine in media on the left. I still say it's unbalanced. But their reform of Google etc. must be very fair to both left and right. I'd insist on that. And it will be because they won't jeopardize the election by looking like fascists like it's so easy to point out in the left.

It looks like they have a ready and willing accomplice in the White House.

That vs the entire machine in media on the left. I still say it's unbalanced. But their reform of Google etc. must be very fair to both left and right. I'd insist on that. And it will be because they won't jeopardize the election by looking like fascists like it's so easy to point out in the left.
They will not “reform” Google, you nut. As much as you wish it, Trump and his GOP mafia do not have dictatorial powers.

They will not “reform” Google, you nut. As much as you wish it, Trump and his GOP mafia do not have dictatorial powers.

But what if it's the will of "We the People"?

Then pass an amendment to repeal the first amendment

Fascinating. I just love watching all the role-reversal.

How do you feel now that you support the big fed gubmint’s efforts to abuse their power to control information?

How do you feel now that you support the big fed gubmint’s efforts to abuse their power to control information?

I don't.

I don't.
Good

I don't.
Good

How about you? Are you good with big government abusing its power to silence homophobic bakers?

I don't.
Good

How about you? Are you good with big government abusing its power to silence homophobic bakers?
Their speech was never silenced

I don't.
Good

And just like that, back to dishonesty and obfuscation.

I don't.
Good

And just like that, back to dishonesty and obfuscation.
Hey look! Here's a story about where speech was actually involved! Christian printer doesn’t have to make pro-gay shirts, appeals court rules

The homophobic cake baker was not asked to put pro-gay speech on the cake.

I don't.
Good

Ah yes, "It's different when we do it!"

Forum List

Back