Kitty rescue stories....

A woman has devoted her life to cats and even given up her 4,200 square foot home to more than a thousand furry friends.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-23-at-11.21.09-PM.jpg

YouTube/bTV
Lynea Lattanzi started the Cat House On the Kings in Parlier, California in hopes to provide homeless and rescue kitties a place to call home before they find their forever homes.
All the kitties there can roam freely in a clean and spacious environment. It’s truly a kitty paradise.
More info on the Cat House on the Kings | Facebook
Screen-Shot-2016-01-23-at-11.19.51-PM-1.jpg
YouTube/bTV
Since Lynea has given her house completely to the cats, she has moved into a trailer, so her feline babies can reign over the five-bedroom house.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-23-at-11.24.05-PM.jpg

YouTube/bTV
Lynea and her team of volunteers care for about 800 adult cats and 300 kittens.

I have always been a dog person but
I have 2 male cats who found me and I take care of them. They will not come inside, so I have little outside homes for them and feed them 2 times a day. My neighbor and I caught them in a cage and got them neutered..they had to stay in my extra bathroom for a week, they have forgiven me...

I also rescued a sweet cat who lives inside she was 1/2 off because she was going to be put down that day.
She has the sweetest personality.

My sons girlfriend brought her huge orange cat to live here when she went to college, his name is Moses and lives inside. He is in Cat Retirement ...

So I guess I am a cat person now..:lol: They all have their own special personality.

I just rescued a 3 year old pup this last summer too.

A woman has devoted her life to cats and even given up her 4,200 square foot home to more than a thousand furry friends.

YouTube/bTV
Lynea Lattanzi started the Cat House On the Kings in Parlier, California in hopes to provide homeless and rescue kitties a place to call home before they find their forever homes.
All the kitties there can roam freely in a clean and spacious environment. It’s truly a kitty paradise.
YouTube/bTV
Since Lynea has given her house completely to the cats, she has moved into a trailer, so her feline babies can reign over the five-bedroom house.

YouTube/bTV

Wow! Lol.

YouTube/bTV
YouTube/bTV

YouTube/bTV

Gives new meaning to the phrase "cat house." :D Lol.

I have always been a dog person but
I have 2 male cats who found me and I take care of them. They will not come inside, so I have little outside homes for them and feed them 2 times a day. My neighbor and I caught them in a cage and got them neutered..they had to stay in my extra bathroom for a week, they have forgiven me...

I also rescued a sweet cat who lives inside she was 1/2 off because she was going to be put down that day.
She has the sweetest personality.

My sons girlfriend brought her huge orange cat to live here when she went to college, his name is Moses and lives inside. He is in Cat Retirement ...

So I guess I am a cat person now..:lol: They all have their own special personality.

I just rescued a 3 year old pup this last summer too.

Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

A tiny one-day-old kitten was found abandoned at a local grocery. “Raising kitten from literal day one is a very trying, but rewarding task. He is one of the sweetest kitties I have ever known,” imgur user CaliCatlady101 said.

“He had just been fed after having been dropped off by the kind folks who found him at the grocery.”

Photo: imgur@CaliCatlady101
He was so tiny at just 1 day old.

“One of the quickest ways to get a bottle baby to sleep is to put them near your heart… He couldn’t purr yet, but look at that happy look on his sweet little face. This was about day 3 of having him.”

After a meal. A full belly!

ZLJ9Z3n.jpg

One night, he had to be taken to the animal hospital for emergency, but little Ollie fought hard to live and his human mom wouldn’t give up on him.

V7xqAK5.jpg

A few days later, his eyes opened!

“Ollie woke up after an afternoon feed with BOTH EYES OPEN!! The eyes had been opening little by little over the past few days, but at 12 days old they finally opened fully, and Ollie gave this happy little dazed look of a happy and full baby.”

pUuVaWg.jpg

At 2 weeks, Ollie was going strong and growing fast!

HFX0A2E.jpg

He is quite a clinger and won’t let his mom go anywhere without him.

zAISCJs.jpg

“He wasn’t always the best motivator when it came to chores, but he was darn cute company.”

7JnVSZ5.jpg

“When Ollie discovered that he was no longer able to be tucked in to shirts, or held constantly, he reverted to sitting on shoulders instead.”

J2j6bjd.jpg

2 months old!

xnWAnBe.jpg

Ollie helps his mom heal.

“I had just had leg surgery, and Ollie was always there for cuddles :).”

5NKK1lF.jpg

Ollie in 2016!

6ZLjR7S.jpg

“The original plan was to raise him just until he was of adoption age, then send him to a local no kill shelter. Well, fast forward a few months, and Ollie won a place in my heart, and is a permanent member of the family.”

I0yoPCG.jpg

A tiny orphaned kitten was found in the yard without a mom. After weeks of bottle feeding, the little has grown so much!

jF2ATlM.jpg
Photo: reddit
They found this little baby in their yard all by himself. The cat mother left the kitten when she was moving the nest according to the rescuer via reddit.

They took the little fur baby in and started nursing him around the clock. He was very content after some kitty milk and a warm belly rub.

HwmFBH8.jpg

Their family dog came to help care for the little orphaned baby.

n5AIYd1.jpg
They nursed him back to health after days of feeding and caring. The kitty fell asleep holding his rescuer’s hand.

NpG1mgg-2.jpg

Watching cartoons with his humans in bed.

xgyTkuQ.jpg

He’s turned into a lap kitty!

r8LEIbT.jpg

All grown up! He’s a fluffy happy cat!

rPMvYId.jpg

A tiny orphaned kitten was desperately in need of motherly love, so a man decided he would be his new ‘mom’.

Luka Davis @lukabeans
Luka Davis took in a tiny orphaned kitten that needed a lot of help, care and love that a mother would give.

It’s been three years since Luka lost his best furry friend Bounty.

“Even though this kitty is an orphan, having to bottle feed him and literally play the role as his mum makes me love him even more,” Luka said.

“It’s made him love us a ton too. It’s like another Bounty but different skin.”

He named him Winston!

Luka Davis @lukabeans
Winston needed a lot of help and love, when he came to his new home.

12276733_1658334651110650_2087665826_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans
Luka fed him around the clock, and little Winston would fall asleep on him.

12357778_828132413962336_1990575984_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans
Purring and cuddling with his human dad.

12317927_992158357513072_283544639_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans
Little Winston was nursed back to health and fluffier than ever!

12317380_492033867647318_1050846935_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans
He loves following Luka around and to be his little lap kitty.

12331348_1700647563489908_1385855409_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans
More lap time!

12407253_455598307963619_1201183874_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabeans

Now he has someone to cuddle with forever!

12534269_173719736320854_1093888105_n.jpg

Luka Davis @lukabean

I remember freaking out when I was a kid and saw a cat stuck in a tree. Then dad says "when's the last time you saw a cat skeleton in a tree".
A lot of the time a cat who is "stuck in a tree" is simply afraid to come down from the tree because another predator has treed it.

A young woman found a kitten on the side of the road while she was biking to work.

"I though she was dead as she was cold and covered in fly eggs, but then she took a breath!"

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Old_Donkey_Teeth
"I happened to see her out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and picked her up, and I thought she was dead. She started meowing when I pinched her paw a little to see if I could get a response," reddit user Old_Donkey_Teeth told Love Meow.

That was the moment she saw hope. She took the tiny kitten home, warmed her up slowly, cleaned out all the fly eggs and gave her food that she desperately needed.

980x.jpg

"The vet said she was 1/3 the normal weight for a kitten her (approximate) age. In short, she had fleas, intestinal worms, maggots that had burrowed into her skin, and she was severely malnourished. This kitty had her work cut out for her."

The rescuer made a custom carrier for the kitten so she could safely and comfortably transport the fur baby to work by bike where she continued to care for the kitten around the clock.

"She loved the short ride to her 'job' where she ate, slept, and looked cute all day."

980x.jpg

She was named Trinket! Finally perking up!

980x.jpg

Her appetite grew and she was eating like a champ!

980x.jpg

She became an expert in napping!

980x.jpg

How Trinket wakes up in the morning!

980x.jpg

All grown up now!

"Nowadays she has issues with depth perception and some 'eccentricities' (to put it nicely), but she is otherwise very healthy. She is a petite girl weighing in at 4.9 lbs fully grown," Trinket's rescuer told Love Meow.

980x.jpg

She has found a new buddy (a Schnauzer) to cuddle with.

"Happy days ahead. Trinket is one tough baby!"

980x.jpg

we rescued another cat

he showed up almost dead

eyes so infected looked like he was losing his sight

we got him some meds and eye creme good food

a warm garage and he sprang back to life

big white and grey cat the grandkid named him sonic

A tiny kitten with a perfect mustache was found in a donation drop-box at the Salvation Army. The kitten cries alerted the staff there and they contacted the Cat House on the Kings for help.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of The Cat House on the Kings
"Sally Ann was found by staff from the Downtown Fresno Salvation Army when they opened their donation bin to check for and remove donations," Harvie Schreiber of Cat House on the Kings told Love Meow.

"They do not know who put her in there, how long she was in there, or if donations were then dumped in on top of her. When they discovered her, they called The Cat House on the Kings and one of our volunteers went right down to pick her up."

They said the kitten was very friendly and would run up to people when someone walked into the door.

Sally Ann finally arrived in the Cat House on the Kings!

980x.jpg

Sally can't get enough of pets and ear scritches!

980x.jpg

ABCNews
Sally Ann continues to do well.

"She has had her first vaccines, she was spayed on Wednesday, and she has been tested for FeLV and FIV (negative) ~ which we do for all cats. She also received flea preventative and deworming medications, in addition to a general checkup.

"She is friendly and cuddly despite her rough start to life and we expect her to be "good as new" by the time that she is fully recovered from her spay surgery," Schreiber told Love Meow.

980x.jpg

ABCNews
Now what she needs is a forever loving home!

980x.jpg

A young man found this little calico kitten in the middle of a busy street. He picked her up and put her in his truck "I found a stray that snores as loud as a train!"

She immediately tried to climb up to his shoulder.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Matthew B./matt-383
"She was crawling in the street in an area only surrounded by woods so she was either born there and the mother didn't get to transfer the whole litter or someone just dumped her," Matt said.

"(I) took her to the vet the next day to get rid of all of the fleas and as soon as I did, she instantly fell asleep in the truck. I didn't have the heart to wake her up when I got home so I just sat there quietly with the radio off for about an hour until she woke up."

She fell asleep in his truck...

980x.jpg

When they got home, he didn't want to wake the kitten fast asleep, so turned off the radio and sat there for an hour until the little fur buddy woke up.

980x.jpg

Upate: She's now living happily with a family and another rescue cat :)

980x.jpg

Have taken in 5 since the end of January, when it got to be -1 degrees here, and we had 26 inches of snow. 2 were boys that hung together outside for about 6 months, and would run up to the front of the house when the wife and I would pull up to feed them. Always looking for head scratches, and falling over for belly rubs, I just couldn't take the chance that they wouldn't make it through the snow storm. They had a friend, a beautiful black very long haired girl, that was probably 5 years older than the 2 boys, and would head butt them all the time and rub on them. I had tried to get her, but she disappeared right after I took in the 2 boys. After 12 days, all of a sudden she showed up, a lot thinner then before, apparently she was trapped somewhere by the snow, and didn't eat. Picked her up, took her in and she ate 2 cans of food! Now she lives in one of the bathrooms, and lays next to the heater all day, just enjoying the warmth.

At another house, I had a small year 1 old female, that was scared to death of everything, living under one of the cars that had a bunch of leaves under it. She had built a nest and decided that this was where she would live. She finally came up to me when feeding a few others in the garage, and PICKED ME to rub on, and become her friend, and feeder. She had gotten so tame that when I called for her, she would run up to me. Again, with that storm coming I simply picked her up, and she now lives in another bathroom, making a nest of towels under the sink cabinet. She has the door open to the bathroom but only goes out a few feet, and just prefers to stay there.

Last one was a DROP OFF as I heard a knock on the door, and as I opened it, saw a young boy, maybe 12, starting to run away. I didn't immediately see the little 4 month old he had left at the door that was in a clothes basket with a towel, and a can of closed cat food. He had taped 2 small clothes baskets together and had a note saying "Please help Paris, she's a good girl, but my parents won't let me keep her." He was crying, and I felt so bad for him, I told him we'd take her in.
She has now become the Queen of the house, and just wants to be petted and follows my wife everywhere she goes, always sitting in her lap. A real winner with that little one.

Awesome thread! Thanks for posting these Vig - reaffirms my belief in the goodness of people :)

Forum List

Back