Kitty rescue stories....

Cat born with no back legs given titanium-alloy leg implants

Vincent, a three-year-old short-haired cat, has had extremely rare implants fitted thanks to Iowa State University's (ISU) Lloyd Veterinary Medical Centre.

Amazing video footage shows Vincent now thinking nothing of strolling across an exam room with his new found legs.

The titanium-alloy prosthetics are state-of-the-art in design according to vet Dr Mary Sarah Bergh who attached them.

Cat_metal_legs_3518144b.jpg
Vincent enjoying his new legs

It's estimated as few as a dozen cats worldwide have anything like the design now helping Vincent - which involves the metal poles poking out through his skin.

The design of the implants allows for the cats bones to grow onto the titanium shafts to support his weight. But the titanium shaft is exposed to the environment, which puts Vincent at risk for infection and is an ongoing challenge Dr Bergh and his owner Cindy Jones.

Cindy, from Nevada, Iowa, first found Vincent at the Story County Animal Shelter when someone brought him in as a kitten missing his hind legs.

Vincent’s first surgery occurred in February 2014, and he was taking his first steps within days of the procedure.

A second surgery followed earlier this year in February, and he’s undergone subsequent treatments to gradually lengthen the prosthetic legs.

Eventually, they’ll be as long as the hind legs of an average house cat to normalize his gait. At that point, he should be able to get around with little difficulty - even if he wants to try jumping.

Cat born with no back legs given titanium-alloy leg implants

Vincent, a three-year-old short-haired cat, has had extremely rare implants fitted thanks to Iowa State University's (ISU) Lloyd Veterinary Medical Centre.

Amazing video footage shows Vincent now thinking nothing of strolling across an exam room with his new found legs.

The titanium-alloy prosthetics are state-of-the-art in design according to vet Dr Mary Sarah Bergh who attached them.

Cat_metal_legs_3518144b.jpg
Vincent enjoying his new legs

It's estimated as few as a dozen cats worldwide have anything like the design now helping Vincent - which involves the metal poles poking out through his skin.

The design of the implants allows for the cats bones to grow onto the titanium shafts to support his weight. But the titanium shaft is exposed to the environment, which puts Vincent at risk for infection and is an ongoing challenge Dr Bergh and his owner Cindy Jones.

Cindy, from Nevada, Iowa, first found Vincent at the Story County Animal Shelter when someone brought him in as a kitten missing his hind legs.

Vincent’s first surgery occurred in February 2014, and he was taking his first steps within days of the procedure.

A second surgery followed earlier this year in February, and he’s undergone subsequent treatments to gradually lengthen the prosthetic legs.

Eventually, they’ll be as long as the hind legs of an average house cat to normalize his gait. At that point, he should be able to get around with little difficulty - even if he wants to try jumping.

That is amazing. They do it for people, why not animals? I wonder why the make them so short though? Balance issues maybe? Maybe some little feet on the ends of them or something would help?

He was just 5 days old, when he came into the shelter without a mom, but the tiny ginger kitten came with a few extra digits. He’s a little polydactyl, a big mitten kitten.

Photo by Megan @meggiecatsmeows
The kitten was very hungry when Megan of @meggiecatsmeows took him into her foster care. “I have to be careful not to over feed him.” She put him on a heating pad because he couldn’t control his body temperature.

They named the little fur ball Hemingway due to his extra toes. He was so tiny that a regular nipple from the bottle would be too big for him. “Little Foster kitten Hemingway having his formula with the help of the miracle nipple. It’s awesome because you just attach it to the syringe and the kittens can nurse perfectly with,” Megan said.

More info on Instagram @meggiecatsmeows

Photo by Megan @meggiecatsmeow

The day Hemingway opened his eyes.

Stella the resident dog is so happy to have another baby to love as she misses her previous foster Parker.

Hemingway is growing by leaps and bounds!

Look at those big ears and mittens! He’s almost ready for his forever home!

Share this story and help little Hemingway find his new home!

A wonderful lady spotted a tiny newborn kitten on the side of a busy road all alone. He was just a few hours old, the tinniest thing she had seen.

Photo by @meggiecatsmeows
The kind woman rushed the kitten to get help. He weighed just 0.16 lbs (72 grams) at the time, but this little preemie baby had a fighting spirit like a tiger!

Megan, a fosterer from @meggiecatsmeows took in the tiny fur baby and started feeding him every two hours to build him up. “My foster baby ‘Parker’ is beyond tiny,” she said. “It’s very hard when the babies are this young without a mommy.”

His coloring is very unique. If you look at his back, it appears that he has a pair of wings. “Those wings carried him to safety as he was only hours old when he was found on the side of a busy road and brought to me. He’s a very special kitten,” said Megan who has been fostering for five years and has saved over 50 babies.

More info on Instagram @meggiecatsmeows.

Little Parker is finally gaining weight! It makes all the sleepless nights worthwhile!

1 week old. His eyes are about to open…

1 month old! Little Parker finally weighs over 1/2 lbs.

“Those wings carried him to safety as he was only hours old when he was found on the side of a busy road and brought to me.”

The day Meggie returned her foster kitten to the shelter for adoption, it was the hardest she had felt. “I know I saved him and that’s the only thing that’s getting me through letting him go.” So she can continue helping other kitties find their forever homes.

Parker at his forever loving home!

11910294_896766790358644_2065269973_n.jpg

Two little motherless kittens walked up to a father and son in a scrapyard, looking for help…

One of the kittens poked out his head when he saw the young man.

Photo by Brendan Miller
“My father and I were collecting some equipment for our new business at a scrapyard and we found this kitten and its sibling all by themselves. After looking around for the mother, we found her deceased nearby unfortunately,” Brendan Miller shares with Love Meow.

The kittens were a bit shy at first, but the little tabbies were all alone and hungry. They slowly walked up to their human friends and tried to get some sort of contact.

“They warmed up to us after a while, they seemed to like the camera.”

Another kitten also came out from hiding.

Photo by Brendan Miller
At this point it was clear that the little ones were looking for help.

Photo by Brendan Miller
They just lost their mother and now they only had each other.

Photo by Brendan Miller
One of the kittens walked up to the young man, and suddenly flopped down on his side…

Photo by Brendan Miller
He rolled on his back and started playing with his big shoe.

CUdbLGW.jpg

Photo by Brendan Miller
Then he curled up on his feet to settle in for a break.

yV0jAsK.jpg

Photo by Brendan Miller
The father and son knew they had to get the two kittens out of there so they called the owner of the property about the kitties.

rUfdTai.jpg

Photo by Brendan Miller
The person came and offered to foster them until they are big enough for their forever homes. The young man said he couldn’t take in the kittens due to financial reasons, but it warmed their hearts to know that the little fluff balls are now in good hands.

IDftOqP.jpg

Photo by Brendan Miller

Vig- do you do TNR/rescue too for cats like I do?

No, Once I have them, they either stay with me until they die, or are adopted. Lost too many to harsh winters, when it starts to get 20 degrees or so, in they come...they seem to enjoy a 70 degree house, and the constant FREE MEALS all over the place! I call them my good, little Democrats! :)

This kitty has an amazing will to live and incredible upper body strength. He was born with only two front legs but races like a champ!

Itty Bitty Kitty Committee
Itty Bitty Kitty Committee (Charleston, West Virginia, Facebook) shares the story:

Back in March we received a message from our local shelter about kittens who were orphaned and needed to be bottle fed.

One of the kittens was born without back legs. We had no idea if the kitten was in pain, if he had internal damage or if he would even live. We took him directly to one of our veterinarians for an evaluation.

The kitten, now known as Dan (formerly Cayden), was not in any pain and was actually very strong. Dan wanted to live and his doctor knew that we would give him every chance possible so we took him into foster care and raised him on a bottle.

As Dan grew so did his upper body strength. We continued with weekly vet visits to make sure that he was developing okay on the inside.

Every visit proved that he was just fine…he was just a bit unique.

He never dragged his back side. He was so strong that he would race across the floor on his two front legs without so much as his behind hitting the ground.

Truly an amazing sight to watch.

12371056_1338339289525953_3876253244643326426_o.jpg

Dan was adopted by a family when he was about 12 weeks old. They had met Dan several times and were in love with the little guy from the first day that they held him.

11134021_1150629188296965_7266507748920816550_o.jpg

About 9 months have passed since we all met Dan and he is still an amazing kitty who is truly one reason why we do what we do. He uses his litter box and races down the steps with no problems at all.

12375206_1338340476192501_6903456020115585292_o.jpg

His best friend is his canine brother. He is healthy, he is happy and he is very much loved.

12370901_1338340739525808_4206709474084920331_o.jpg

A tiny kitten lost an eye but gained forever humans who love him to bits. This is a story with a very happy ending.

Meet Sheldon the cat

imgur@mandapanda1218
When Sheldon was a wee kitten, one of his eyes got infected but his previous owners let it go unchecked.

“They surrendered him to an animal shelter, but the eye ended up rupturing and it had to be removed. He was in the shelter for about a month before my boyfriend and I found him,” imgur user mandapanda1218 said.

“When we got him at the shelter, (my boyfriend) called his name, and Sheldon instantly came over.”

That day he left the shelter with his new humans. “On the way home he wouldn’t stop meowing. I had to take him out of the kennel and hold him so he’d calm down.”

He was really timid when he first got home and immediately found a hiding spot.

imgur@mandapanda1218
“Day 2 went a bit better. We got him a collar, and spend around $200 on ‘cat supplies’. We were aware we were spoiling him, but we wanted him to have the very best so he knew he was loved.”

Sheldon finally opening up to his new human mom, purring aloud on her lap.

imgur@mandapanda1218
“He loves playing with our 2 rats (Loonette and Debbie). Sometimes he gets a bit too rough, but Loonette is quick to kick his butt when he needs it.”

08-PDYMAvN.jpg

imgur@mandapanda1218
“He loves laying next to me and on top of my chest. It sometimes comes with less sleep for me, but as long as the fur baby is comfortable.”

10-Sorry-for-the-selfie.jpg

imgur@mandapanda1218
This has become Sheldon’s all time favorite spot.

11-ClvGJg9.jpg

imgur@mandapanda1218
Sheldon today! Happy and loved!

“I love this cat so much… I’m so glad we found him and was able to give him a forever home. :)

12-esSro5D.jpg

imgur@mandapanda1218

This little tuxedo kitten was found without a mom, but soon that was about to change. A pregnant dog met the little kitten in need of some motherly love. She immediately took him in and started raising him like her own.

First day at his new home. The kitten wanted some cuddles so badly that he started hugging the teddy.

Photo by Jamie Myers
“Some family friends found this little 2 week old kitten (guesstimate) in a field behind their house. Knowing we foster bottle babies for the local humane society, they called and asked if we could help the little guy. We of course said yes,” Jamie Myers told Love Meow.

“Our mama dog was very close to delivering her pups at that time and took kitten in without hesitation! He was her baby and remained her baby even through the delivery of her own pups.

“To this day kitten doesn’t know he is a cat!” Myers said.

“Mama dog is Callie, kitten is Widgie (short for Widget, because he was just a little widget when we got him)”

Photo by Jamie Myers
Callie is on orphan kitten duty. She won’t let him out of her sight. She seems to know that the kitten doesn’t have a mommy and she is adopting him.

Photo by Jamie Myers
At this age, kitty already knows he is the boss!

Photo by Jamie Myers
The dogs are patiently waiting till kitten gets done with his kitty milk so they can have the leftovers! Mama Callie makes sure her kitten gets to eat first!

11406905_385941174926350_6347239379421888385_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
“He has no idea he wasn’t part of Callie’s litter! He doesn’t care that he’s a different color….or species…she is his mama and these are his siblings!” Myers told Love Meow.

1058658_10208877996050074_1083038333_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
Mama letting her kitten know that she still loves him even though she has her own puppies.

1931938_10208878015690565_207247080_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
Snuggling time!

12395498_10208877996170077_1220507587_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
Here Widgie is giving a puppy a “pep talk”!

12380340_10208878034091025_35127991_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
Widgie is very special to the family. He came to them right when they lost their cat Oreo, who was also a tuxedo.

702885_10208878015930571_608423093_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers
Cuddling with his siblings! Bliss!

12404606_10208878015970572_1313566903_n.jpg

Photo by Jamie Myers

A little tuxedo kitten was rescued just in time to spend his first Christmas in a warm, comfy home.

It was Christmas Eve when they found a tiny stray kitten in the woods, meowing for help. “My mother called me in a panic that she found a kitten in the woods by my house. She is not a cat person but saving this guy is changing her mind,” reddit user enterfaster shares the story with Love Meow.

They never had a cat until this little fur buddy came into their lives. Now they are completely smitten with him.

“We can’t get over how awesome this little guy is.”

Thanks to @EnterFaster for sharing the story and photos with Love Meow.

Playing hide and seek in the book shelf.

hpsiwo3.jpg

He just had his first Christmas in his new home.

PrrPQ2R.jpg

Rescue cat finally gets rehomed after story of her 'terrifying' eyes goes global
  • 23:30, 18 AUG 2015
  • UPDATED 10:22, 19 AUG 2015
  • BY ADRIAN HEARN
Pops has found a happy home to go to at the tender age of 19.

SWNS
Pops-the-unwanted-cat.jpg

Happy ending: Pops the unwanted cat has now been re-homed
A cat that was overlooked by potential suitors because of her 'terrifying' eyes has finally found a happy home to go to.

Pops was found wandering the streets at the age of 19 and taken to an animal shelter.

But her elderly age, ghost-like eyes and matted fur meant she was not the most popular cat for adoption.

So the Cats Protection League made a national appeal for someone to rehome Pops - and ended up receiving international attention.

Cat lovers from as far as Egypt and the USA got in touch to offer a retirement home for the previously unwanted animal, who was staying with the Cats Protection League in Radstock, near Bath.

SWNS

Adoption: Pops was left abandoned on the street

The charity today revealed Pops has been rehomed.

Belinda Dark, a volunteer at the charity, said: "Our homing officer Mollie has been inundated with phone calls about Pops.

"We had nearly 200 offers to our website to home Pops not to mention the offers via Facebook.

"We have had offers from the length and breadth of the country.

"As well as France, Germany, USA and Egypt.

SWNS

Appeal: People from all over the world got in touch to say they would adopt her

"However, as exciting as it would be for Pops to be a globe trotter it was important we re-homed her in her native Bath.

"She is an elderly cat and, therefore, it was important she didn't have to travel a long distance.

"Pops was certainly the oldest cat we are aware of in our care.

"We've had a 14 year old before but never one as old as her.

"It's great to see her finally find a home."

Pops' new owner, who does not want to be named, said: "I couldn't believe no one had snapped her up already.

SWNS

Pops the unwanted cat who has now been re-homed

"I felt really sorry for her when I read her story, at 19-years-old she should be able to live out her final years in the comfort of her own home.

"It is funny to think of so many people wanting to take her in, especially from so far and wide.

"We are happy we were the lucky ones who got to take her in.

"I wasn't put off by her eyes and health problems.

"We think she is adorable.

"She is warm and cuddly and settling in well."

A three-legged kitten was adopted by a family with a 2-year-old girl, Scarlette, who is also an amputee herself. When they first met, they connected as if they understood each other.

Courtesy of Smiles For Scarlette
Scarlette is a very brave little girl who has beat a rare form of cancer though her left arm was left amputated. She absolutely adores cats.

“We wanted a little kitten to have her grow up with, so she has something that’s just like her,” Simone Tipton told Love Meow.

They spent half a year looking for a three-legged kitty to join their family and just before Christmas they found her!

More info on Smiles For Scarlette | Follow them on Facebook

That night, the family saw a story about a little three month old kitten that just had an amputation on the local news, KTLA, and started calling to find out how they could adopt the kitten. When they weren’t getting the info they needed over the phone, they made a trip to the San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus.

12473857_578327545651755_8553737496472024449_o.jpg

“Scarlette was really excited, she absolutely loves cats. She did notice that Doc had staples on her side and said ‘owies’. I let her know that she had owies just like her, and she placed her hand on her side and just nodded,” Tipton told Love Meow.

That was the moment when they knew this kitten was the one. “She recognizes that the cat has similar struggles as she does.”

12419063_578327365651773_6981141960193985776_o.jpg

The perfect home!

“Doc has adjusted to living here so well, she jumps on everything, despite her limitation. She is extremely snuggly and loves to plop in your lap,” Tipton told Love Meow.

12391041_575327215951788_8977447683659089762_n.jpg

\

A tiny blind kitten was saved by a kind man who refused to give up despite being told that she wouldn’t survive.

reddit@Mantees
Years ago when Mantees was on vacation in the South of Italy, he spotted a tiny kitten desperately crying for help. Upon close inspection, he realized that the kitten’s eyes were completely closed out.

“I decided to take care of her during my holiday, so that she would be stronger and more capable to survive when I would leave back home,” he said.

reddit@Mantees
The tiny kitten had trouble walking and couldn’t close her mouth normally. She lost her eyes to infection and the vet said that the kitten was too weak and suggested that she wouldn’t survive.

reddit@Mantees
But Mantees was determined to save the kitten against all odds. He and his brother started treating her eye infection, ears infection, worms and fever, while keeping her warm and fed every 4 hours. They even taught her to navigate around the house by following the noise of their steps and clapping hands.

QiDk9.jpg

reddit@Mantees
After 15 sleepless nights, the kitten got much better but it was time for Mantees to leave. “So I changed my plane reservation to include a pet, and long story short, she is now sleeping in my bed, with the body under my covers and her head on my pillow,” he said (reddit)

ybsOR.jpg

reddit@Mantees
She was named Skunky and she is all grown up now!

1y0j5.jpg

reddit@Mantees
Taking over her human’s computer with her best friend.

R4VYf.jpg

reddit@Mantees

Two months ago, a tiny one day old kitten was found crawling down the footpath all by himself and soaking wet after a downpour. A kind woman picked up the kitten and gave him a home and became the mom he never had.

Courtesy of Kathryn Van Beek at Bruce the Kitten
She named the little kitten Bruce, after the orphaned Bruce Wayne aka Batman.

Kathryn Van Beek was walking home that day after the pouring rain in Kingsland, Auckland when she spotted something barely squirming on the footpath. At first she thought it was a mouse, but when she looked closer, she saw a tiny kitten still with his umbilical cord attached.

“He wasn’t meowing when I found him but he was crawling slowly along on his tummy as though he was trying to find his mother. Poor little mite,” Kathryn told Love Meow.

She took him home and gave the little kitten food that he desperately needed. On day three, Bruce started purring :).

Feeding and caring Bruce became a full time job for Kathryn. She had to get up during the night to feed the baby. Setting the alarm wasn’t necessary because they soon realized that despite his tiny size, Bruce was louder than any alarm clock when he was hungry. Kathryn took the kitten with her to work for the first few days of his life.

At 12 days, Bruce weighed over 100 grams!

12232737_1723020494597499_4757619386681097294_o.jpg

Kathryn and her family never planned to have a second cat, but soon after they started fostering Bruce, they knew he was there to stay forever.

Bruce’s eyes opened!

11052477_1726065557626326_9020575041757423046_o.jpg

They taught him to eat on his own.

12304112_1727069814192567_8579731479972556751_o.jpg

He needed some help with grooming, but little Bruce was getting stronger and bigger every day.

12322385_1727069764192572_9114372223079553070_o.jpg

His purrsonality is larger than life!

12244505_1731488960417319_1269757650879758858_o.jpg

“He is 9 weeks old now and doing really well,” Kathryn told Love Meow.

12440385_1738700619696153_2841287682869444437_o.jpg

Bruce just had his first Christmas with his mom and dad and his big sister Jager the cat. Today he’s weighing in at 900 grams (almost 2 lbs)!

10154237_1737427769823438_2313402338590072022_n.jpg

A tiny shelter kitten has made a terminally ill child’s dream come true. She has become his best companion and doesn’t want to be anywhere but to be with him.

Photo: Stafford County Animal Shelter
Ryan Mott was 8 years old when he was diagnosed with a rare aggressive form of brain cancer, DIPG. DIPG is inoperable and incurable. The beautiful brave child had always wanted a furry friend, and one very special kitty came into his life just last Saturday.

Sadie (formerly Holly), a 10 week old tortie, was waiting for a forever home at the Stafford County Animal Shelter in Stafford, Virginia. When she and Ryan met at the shelter, they had an instant connection. The kitty immediately latched on his arms and started purring up a storm. “In his arms she purred and gave kisses to him like she was saying that you are my human,” the shelter said.

The two are now completely inseparable.

More info on Stafford County Animal Shelter | Facebook | How you can help

When they met at the shelter, Sadie climbed up to Ryan and purred up a storm.

“This is therapy for Ryan. They love each other,” Michelle Calvin Mott, Ryan’s mother, said. “The kitty just lays in his chest all day.”

11950295_10201417457596564_6125972978026950812_o.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Michelle Calvin Mott
Inseparable friends! “Sadie always falls asleep on Ryan,” Michelle said.

12471855_10201418022570688_1941308751185421635_o.jpg

A rescue runty puppy lost a paw but found love from two unlikely ‘parents’. He was just a few days old, super tiny and in desperate need of motherly care and love.
Then this happened…​

Photo by aleovir @ Bored Panda
His own mother for some reason didn’t want to take care of him and even tried to eat him. After he was taken away from the mother, they found him a couple of unlikely new ‘parents’ who took him in like their own.
Nicolas the tiny puppy with just three legs was adopted by two cats who seemed to know that the little canine baby needed a lot of love. They took to him immediately.
They were there by his side when their human mom fed the pup every three hours and changed his bandage everyday.
The kitties always ended up cuddling with their puppy, purring aloud as if they were helping him heal.
“Gladly, with constant care from me, my cats and my other 5 dogs he turned into a lovely dog!” aleovir said on Bored Panda.
More info on Bored Panda.
He was just a little over a week old.​

The kitties adopted little Nicolas and gave him lots of baths and cuddles.​

pupis-7__700.jpg

The little guy was fed every 3 hours.​

pupis__700.jpg

The kitties wouldn’t let him out of their sight…​

pupis-11__700.jpg

…and gave him purrs and kisses to help him heal.​

pupis-12__700.jpg

Nicolas has all healed up and is happy and loved!​

pupis-13__700.jpg

A tiny shelter kitten has made a terminally ill child’s dream come true. She has become his best companion and doesn’t want to be anywhere but to be with him.

Ryan Mott was 8 years old when he was diagnosed with a rare aggressive form of brain cancer, DIPG. DIPG is inoperable and incurable. The beautiful brave child had always wanted a furry friend, and one very special kitty came into his life just last Saturday.

Sadie (formerly Holly), a 10 week old tortie, was waiting for a forever home at the Stafford County Animal Shelter in Stafford, Virginia. When she and Ryan met at the shelter, they had an instant connection. The kitty immediately latched on his arms and started purring up a storm. “In his arms she purred and gave kisses to him like she was saying that you are my human,” the shelter said.

The two are now completely inseparable.

More info on Stafford County Animal Shelter | Facebook | How you can help

When they met at the shelter, Sadie climbed up to Ryan and purred up a storm.

“This is therapy for Ryan. They love each other,” Michelle Calvin Mott, Ryan’s mother, said. “The kitty just lays in his chest all day.”

11950295_10201417457596564_6125972978026950812_o.jpg

Inseparable friends! “Sadie always falls asleep on Ryan,” Michelle said.

12471855_10201418022570688_1941308751185421635_o.jpg

I can only hope the family will stay true to this remarkable animal after the inevitable comes to pass. If not, I will gladly give this wonderful animal a home. I recently lost one of my fur-fam and have a loving place for such a creature.

Phoenix the cat suffered burns, but found love and a forever home with someone who understands her completely because she’s also a burn survivor.

Courtesy of Dumb Friends League
Phoenix was 10 months old when she was found near the laundry room of an apartment complex. She was taken to the Dumb Friends League in Denver, Colorado for emergency help. They suspected that her injuries “may have been caused by hiding under a clothes dryer to stay warm.”
“At that time, it appeared her burns were mostly superficial. But after a day or two they worsened, which is often the case with burn injuries,” Megan Rees of Dumb Friends League told Love Meow.
Despite her injuries, Phoenix rose up and never stopped purring.

“Since the day she arrived, Phoenix was nothing but sweet with everyone that came into contact with her,
“Our chief veterinarian performed surgery to remove the burned skin and he did a skin graft on her ears. Despite all her pain and discomfort, Phoenix would purr throughout her veterinary exams and seek affectionate from all of our staff who were helping to treat her,” Rees told Love Meow.
After two months recovering in a foster home, look at Phoenix now!​

She is truly a special and resilient cat.​
Phoenix’s forever human!
Gloria has a story that is similar to Phoenix. At 16 she was involved in a household accident that left her face, neck and hands seriously burned. When she heard about Phoenix, she immediately felt the connection with the kitty.
Though she wasn’t looking for a cat to adopt at the time, after reading Phoenix’s journey, she said: “When something is meant to be, the world gets real small.”
“When Phoenix and Gloria met for the first time you could tell there was an immediate connection. Phoenix curled right up in her lap and that where she stayed during their whole visit, until they left the shelter together. It was the perfect match!” Rees told Love Meow.

Phoenix-adopted.jpg

Her story is a powerful reminder of the incredible resilience of animals, and how compassion and commitment saved the life of this precious kitten.”
Phoenix cuddling with her forever human!​
i
Phoenix-adopted-2.jpg

Forum List

Back