Kitty rescue stories....

They said this little rescue kitten would not be able to see from his right eye for the rest of his life, but the tenacious kitty proved them wrong.

Meet Sage the cat!

980x.jpg

Sage at 1 week oldCourtesy: @stagesofsage
"Sage was found as a stray by an older woman after his mom abandoned him along with the rest of his litter. Sadly, he was the only one who had survived," Nora told Love Meow.

The woman took the kitten to a local pet supply store to try and find him a foster family. "One of the staff members who I am friends with contacted me, asking if I could take him. He was only 4 days old."

The tiny furball went home with Nora that day. Soon she noticed something was not right.

980x.jpg

This is Sage at his first vet visitCourtesy: @stagesofsage
The little kitten came with a list of ailments.

"After starting him on formula and getting him in to see a vet, I found out he had a severe upper respiratory infection and an ulcer in his right eye that caused him to go blind," Nora said.

"I was told that he wouldn't be able to see from that eye for the rest of his life."

980x.jpg

This is the first time Sage opened his eyes.Courtesy: @stagesofsage
As Nora continued to care for Sage around the clock, things began to turn around.

His sneezing stopped and there was no more goop in his eyes. At this stage, Sage almost beat his upper respiratory infection. The little fur baby started showing his spunkiness and unbridled energy.

A week after he opened his eyes, he already looked like a different kitty!

980x.jpg

Courtesy: @stagesofsage
Nora began to notice change as she treated his eyes daily. The ulcer in his right eye was shrinking.

Sage on his way to see an ophthalmologist.

980x.jpg

Beating the odds!

During the appointment with his ophthalmologist, they were all surprised by Sage's resilience. Not only was the infection gone from his eyes, Sage started regaining sight in his right eye.

"He's a little fighter!"

980x.jpg

The haze in his right eye slowly faded away. He kept looking better and better every day.

"In just a couple of weeks the fog in his eye should clear and it should be normal."

980x.jpg

It was an emotional rollercoaster for Nora throughout his recovery. At times, it was hard, but the little buddy forged through. "Every time he faces an obstacle it breaks my heart."

Sage's incredible fight to get better has been nothing short of a miracle.

At this stage, he could see so much better and could climb like other kitties.

980x.jpg

"After multiple attempted treatments and lots of love, he has regained vision and the infection in his eyes and his respiratory system cleared.

"Sage is finally big enough to explore other rooms in the house. The windowsill has become a favorite place."

980x.jpg

Sage is 9 weeks old now and can see perfectly from both eyes.

"He is now totally healthy. He's a very feisty, energetic guy who has been super loving and social since the beginning," Nora told Love Meow.

"I'm so lucky to have found him. He was originally supposed to be a foster but I fell in love with him right away."

980x.jpg

He looks just like my Petie that had a shattered right leg when he dragged himself up to me one night.... Petie after 8 weeks of a cast is just fine, thank you, and sleeps on my chest every night, purring me to sleep!

A stray calico Mama was rescued along with her five day-old babies. One of them is a mini version of herself.

When WAGS Pet Adoption (Westminster, California) took in the furry family of five, they knew they needed a foster home.

"They told us about a stray mom who had day old kittens that needed fostering. We were told someone dropped them off at the police department,"

Randolph dropped everything at hand and got on her way to pick up the kitties.

"We literally drove to the shelter within the hour to get them."

980x.jpg

Courtesy: @rainingkittens
Mama worked diligently, nursing and cleaning her babies during the trip to their new foster home. All five kittens were doing well when they arrived.

One of them was a mini copy of Mama. Her name is Punzie.

While Mama tried to eat, little Punzie stuck her tiny head out for a whiff. She couldn't see, but she surely could sniff. "Mom was so hungry! She ate an entire can of cat food in 3 minutes," Randolph said.

980x.jpg

"Mama is super sweet but pretty shy and skittish. She obviously didn't have much people interaction prior to coming to us," Randolph told Love Meow.

Slowly but surely, Mama came out of her shell. She realized her human friends weren't so bad and even allowed them to help her with the babies.

Mama toiled tirelessly for her kittens. She fed, groomed, cuddled and cared for all five with unconditional love.

Punzie leaning on her mama for some extra TLC. Mama watching over her as she falls into a slumber.

980x.jpg

Punzie was so tiny. Her head was as big as Mama's paw.

Mama kept her close so she could feel her warmth and hear her heartbeat.

980x.jpg

Mama snuggling with her five kittens, guarding them while they are fast asleep.

980x.jpg

At the wobbly phase...

Curious Punzie checking out Mama's food.

Watching and learning from Mama...

Mama showed Punzie how to use the litterbox and she tried to copy it.

980x.jpg

Mama and her adorable mini me :).

"I made this!"

980x.jpg

Punzie has 3 sisters (Cupcake, Sonny, Jasmine) and one brother (Brody)

They stayed with their Mama until they were ready for adoption.

980x.jpg

Punzie walks up to Mama for some love, and Mama immediately holds her down for an urgent power bath.

Punzie the destroyer trying to hunt down a towel...

Mama watching from afar... she is very proud.

All the kitties have been adopted except for the little black kitty, Jasmine, and Mama. Share this story and help them find their forever loving homes.

Two 4-week-old kittens braved through a Texas flood last year. They were surrounded by water, crying in a thunderstorm. A woman heard their plea and rushed to the rescue.

Meet Sinead and Siobhan!

980x.jpg

Photo: Christina @floodrefugeekitties
"Over Memorial Day weekend in 2015, Austin flooded badly. The bed and breakfast I work at has a feral cat colony, and one of the cats who we had not yet been able to TNR had just given birth under the house," Christina wrote on GreaterGood.

Water kept rising in the yard, she could clearly hear the little kittens meowing. "So I put on my big rain boots and waded out in knee-deep water to find a little grey kitten marooned on a rock, a foot of water on all sides. Her mother and siblings were nowhere to be found. I snatched her up and dried her off and took her home, along with one of her siblings."

The two kitten sisters had goopy eyes, parasites and fleas, but they were so happy to be away from the flood waters and safe in a home.

They gave them several baths to remove all the fleas.

980x.jpg

"We fed them KMR with a syringe every 4 hours until they were old enough to eat gruel. It was hard work, and involved my partner and I sleeping in shifts to make sure the kittens could be fed all through the night," Christina said.

They made sure the little ones always went to sleep in a warm bed with a full belly. There were many sleepless nights, but seeing the furry sisters get better every day, it was so rewarding.

980x.jpg

"At first we just called them Black Kitty and Grey Kitty."

980x.jpg

With endless care and love, the two sisters began to come around.

980x.jpg

Their eye infection went away and the two furry sisters began to thrive.

Loving their indoor life. They are no longer feral!

980x.jpg

The black kitten became quite attached to her human dad and fell asleep on him.

It's her favorite nap spot now.

980x.jpg

At 4 months old the two sisters were flourishing! They named them Sinead O'Grayder and Siobhan Katya Plurabelle.

"You'd never know they were half-drowned and feral when we got them. They're lap cats now!" Christina said.

980x.jpg

Initially the couple planned to foster the kittens until they were big enough for adoption, but the two sisters never left their rescuers.

Christina and her partner grew as attached to the kittens as the kittens were to them. There was no way they could part with each other.

"Siobhan plays fetch with little rubber dinosaurs. She cries if you don't throw the dinosaur."

980x.jpg

"Sinead is mischievous and always getting into trouble. She goes crazy and leaps 3 feet into the air and kicks off the wall."

980x.jpg

The two sisters were pulled out of flood waters one year ago. Their future was uncertain, but their rescuers never gave up on them.

Now they are grown up, happy and healthy. They tell their humans every day how loved they feel by giving them kisses and snuggles.

980x.jpg

A kind-hearted man found a 4-week-old kitten in the woods by herself. When he brought her home and fed her some food, she clung to him and wouldn't let go.

Meet Georgia the kitten!

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Chris Tumminia
"I live on 6 wooded acres in rural South Jersey bordered by farmland on all but one side. I was walking out to my mailbox when I spotted the kitten," Chris Tumminia told Love Meow.

It was about 100 yards from the road where Chris found the kitten. He wasn't sure how she wandered into the woods by herself.

"My wife (Kari) and I looked around for quite some time trying to find a nest but there are too many places to hide. I have yet to see a mommy cat either. We're not sure whether she was orphaned or dropped by a bird of prey... I have no idea."

They feared the kitten wouldn't survive on her own, so they brought her in, cleaned her up and fed her some cat food. "She ate it right up!"

980x.jpg

"Once we got her inside, we picked some ticks off of her, and have to address some fleas she had.

"We had to scrape out a hundred fleas from the little girl," Chris told Love Meow.

As they combed out the fleas, the kitten didn't mind at all. She was purring and happy to be taken care of.

980x.jpg

After filling her belly, the kitten demanded to be held.

"She's very vocal and squeaks like crazy if we put her down. I finally put a heating blanket under her bedding set on low and now she's quiet," Chris told Love Meow.

Georgia loves her heating pad but there's something else she loves even more.

980x.jpg

Georgia goes back to her human dad and nuzzles into his arms for a nap and some much-needed TLC.

980x.jpg

They have prepared a warm bed for her, but little Georgia wouldn't let go of her humans.

The tiny kitty curls up into a fur ball and nestles into Chris' arms as she conks out.

980x.jpg

"We have two friends who rescue kittens, one works for our local shelter, so we had good resources to go to for help," Chris told Love Meow.

Georgia cries and gives them this look whenever they put her down. Needless to say, she quickly returns to her human's lap.

980x.jpg

They have two 4-year-old cats they rescued as kittens. Once Georgia is ready, she will meet her new brothers from another mother.

Little Georgia clings to her humans and is loving her forever home.

980x.jpg

A couple adopted a shelter cat, and then went back for his best friend, who was waiting for a buddy and a home.

Meet Enzo the cat!

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Purrfect Pals Cat Shelter
Enzo spent most his life in a home after he was adopted as a cute kitten, but at 5 years old, he was returned to Purrfect Pals Cat Shelter (Arlington, Washington).

"His life-long people were having a human baby and were concerned about his habit of giving 'love bites.'," Purrfect Pals Cat Shelter told Love Meow.

"Sweet, active, inquisitive and desperate to make friends, Enzo was rebuffed by all of the adult cats he came in contact with. He doesn't understand personal space or etiquette when it comes to interacting with other cats... He's the awkward kid on the playground nobody wants to play with."

But one young kitten saw something special in Enzo and walked up to him with open paws.

The sweet black kitty finally made a friend. They played and hung out together, and Enzo was the happiest cat when he was with Puffin.

980x.jpg

Puffin (aka Charlie Puff-N-Stuff)Courtesy: Purrfect Pals Cat Shelter
Puffin is one of the four kitties born to an emergency c-section at the shelter. "Fortunately, mama and babies all came through the surgery and they spent time in a foster care home together," Purrfect Pals Cat Shelter told Love Meow.

When Puffin was put up for adoption, he and Enzo met. They became pals, and Puffin didn't mind Enzo's overly attached nature. He seemed to know that his buddy just wanted some love.

"Then the inevitable happened, Puffin was adopted and Enzo was left behind, friendless again."

Enzo was lonelier than ever. "He was restless, sad, begging for love from people and acceptance from the other cats."

They transferred him to another adoption show, hoping that would help him find a buddy and a forever home, but it was without success.

980x.jpg

Monday night, the couple who adopted Puffin came back to the shelter. They talked about finding their kitten a playmate and had just one perfect cat in mind.

That very night, Enzo finally got his wish - he went home to his best friend, Puffin!

They were reunited at their forever loving home!

980x.jpg

"It took a while, but both boys are home together with years of troublemaking and entertainment ahead!"

Enzo and Puffin enjoying their bird TV together. They will never be apart.

980x.jpg

A friendly little kitten showed up in a family garden in Ireland. She walked up to her human friend and wanted to come inside. The human didn't stand a chance.

Meet Taco Belle.

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Niamh
"I found her in my garden with two burnt paws and a filthy coat... She was around 3 months according to the vet," Niamh told Love Meow.

The kitten was taken to an animal clinic where they thought she might have been trapped in the car engine, but she was in good health otherwise.

The little stray was extremely friendly and litterbox trained. "She must have had humans at some point."

Niamh began to search around the neighborhood, hoping to reunite the kitten with her family.

980x.jpg

"No one claimed her after repeated attempts to find her owner," Niamh said.

The kitten needed a home, so she adopted her.

"I named her after Taco from The League, adding the Belle when I figured out she was a she.

"All my animals have food related names so Taco kinda works. (Lily Pancakes, Chicken and Pudding are the other animals)."

980x.jpg

Taco Belle sneaks up from atop to give her human a surprise. "Nowhere is safe from Taco."

Now she runs the household along with her furry siblings.

980x.jpg

Every morning Taco wakes up her human and demands attention.

The kitty is full of energy and quirks.

980x.jpg

"She has a weird little tuft on the top of her head... It's slightly longer and stands up right. It's the cutest thing," Niamh said.

"I like to think that it has magical powers..."

980x.jpg

Taco Belle loves to 'help' Niamh whenever she studies and share 'her bed' with her at night.

Hugging her human's foot during a nap.

980x.jpg

It's been a year since Taco appeared in the garden and chose the place to be her home.

She's loving her life and couldn't be happier!

980x.jpg

When a cat chooses you, it means forever.

A kind hearted man saved three kittens from drowning in storm waters. When he reunited them with their cat mama, she showed him how happy she was.

980x.jpg

imgur
It was during a heavy storm when this guy rescued the three tiny kittens.

"They were stuck in about 3-4 inches of water," he said via imgur. "Been trying to get momma to let me meet them."

He knew he had to take them in before it was too late.

"Momma had them in a flower bed against the house. She didn't know that the water was rising that fast."

980x.jpg

imgur
He grabbed the kittens, took them in, put them in the bath tub and brought in towels to dry them up.

All clean now!

980x.jpg

imgur
It took a while, but he found the mama cat and finally convinced her to come into the house. The sound of her babies definitely helped. Mama was a bit apprehensive about her human friend at the beginning but seeing her babies well gave her a lot of comfort.

980x.jpg

imgurimgur
The kittens immediately went to the mama for a meal, and the mama gave them a bath as they nursed away.

980x.jpg

imgur
"Momma and kittens are doing great this morning," he added.

The guy is planning to get the mama fixed after the kittens are weaned. A customer of his is taking two kittens, and he will keep one and the mom.

After mama settled into the house, he went to check on her. She came out of her hiding spot and walked up to her human friend.

980x.jpg

imgur
"I think she likes me," he said.

980x.jpg

imgur
Mama gave her human friend some snuggles as if she was saying "Thank you for saving my babies."

980x.jpg

imgur

This little orphaned kitten was the only survivor of his litter and never knew how it was like to have a mom until now. He wouldn't let go of his new mama.

Meet Eli the kitten.

980x.jpg
Courtesy: @foster_kittens

Little Eli was just one day old when they found him with his deceased siblings. He was bottle fed from that day on. The tiny tabby kitten yearned for the love from a cat mama.

Madeline the cat and her kittens were taken into their foster home in Seattle Washington for a second chance at life.

Cindy of foster_kittens became their caregiver and hoped Madeline would accept the little motherless kitten. When the sweet mama cat met Eli, she took to him and claimed him as her own.

When Eli came to Cindy, he was a wee kitten who just wanted to be loved.

980x.jpg

Eli adores his new mom but doesn't know how to nurse. "Kittens who are bottle-fed get used to a different type of drinking. He hasn't stopped purring since he got here."

Mama Madeline gives him a bath to welcome him into her family.

980x.gif

After a bottle of milk, he snuggled up with mama and the other kittens for a nap. "He seems to love having a family," Cindy said.

"I keep thinking of how Madeline's first litter of kittens didn't survive (before she came to me) .... and how Eli was the only survivor of his litter. What a sweet mom Madeline has been to Eli."

980x.jpg

"Kittens who have been bottle fed are typically smaller than kittens who nursed from a mom, but they soon catch up once they eat solid food," Cindy said.

Eli quickly became very attached to his mama Madeline.

980x.jpg

"A great benefit of bottle babies is they love people: they are snuggly and purry and totally absorbed in their human," Cindy said. "There's nothing quite like having a tiny, well-fed, purry kitten crawl up under your neck and fall fast asleep."

After getting bottle fed by Cindy, Eli joins the cuddle puddle with his mama and siblings. He can't get enough of the love.

980x.jpg

The little tabby boy has really bonded with his cat momma.

"Madeline and I have a good routine with little Eli: I bottle feed him, then she cleans him up and potties him," Cindy said.

980x.jpg

Her kittens adore their adopted brother too. It's a snuggly lovey purr pile.

980x.jpg

A tiny 5-week-old kitten was found on the highway unable to walk. When Carmen Bernard of Florida spotted him, the kitten's legs were twisted like a pretzel.

980x.jpg

Photo: The Little Kitty That Could
Carmen thought he had been hit by a car but when she took him to the vet the next morning, she found out that the kitten wasn't hurt.

It turned out that the little seal-point kitty was not run over. The vet concluded that she was most likely born that way. Another thing they discovered was that the kitten, around 5 weeks, was completely blind and probably would never be able to see.

Her right leg was partially formed but it was almost put on "backwards", but her front legs worked just fine.

When the vet gave Carmen two options to either put the kitty to sleep or take care of her for the rest of her life since chances of a kitten like her to be adopted are slim, Carmen didn't hesitate and chose to take her home and love her forever.

She named the kitten Pretzel.

980x.jpg

When Pretzel came to her new home, she was very fearful. She would hiss, spit and swat at anything that came near her. The little kitten never had much human contact and was very frightened.

Not being able to see had added a bit of stress on the little kitten. Then one day, with a lot of patience and the constant supply of love, she started purring and gave Carmen a head butt. It was then she began coming out of her shell.

980x.jpg

A few days after her rescue, she learned to eat solid food, and no longer needed her human mom to hand feed her.

Nothing can stop this brave little kitty from being happy and playful just like other cats. To Pretzel, she's perfectly normal.

980x.jpg

The wonderful doctors at the University of Florida gave the little brave kitty reconstructive surgery for her legs.

They were unable to save the right leg but was able to straightened the left leg so little Pretzel could keep walking on her own.

980x.jpg

What a sweetheart!

980x.jpg

It's been nearly four years since Pretzel was found on the highway.

She's grown into a beautiful lady cat.

980x.jpg

Pretzel loves to offer a helping paw whenever mom is doing something.

She's a curious kitty with a big heart.

980x.jpg

Pretzel's human mom took her off the highway and never gave up on her.

The beautiful kitty now can walk on her own, and is very loved by her big family. She couldn't be happier.

980x.jpg

A garbage collector heard meowing from a brush pile. Upon investigation, he found two tiny newborn kittens crying for help.

"I couldn't leave them there," he said.

980x.jpg

Photo: FormerWMDriver
The kittens were left in the brush pile without a mother in sight. "It's possible that the mama cat left them there."

He first kept the kittens in the pile, hoping the mother would return. "I came back several hours later… the two guys were still sitting there, looking confused, so I went ahead and picked them up. I didn't want to leave them there."

He placed the kittens in his helmet and drove them to an adoption drive, hoping the people there could help, but he was told that "anything under two pounds will be euthanized."

The kittens were so young, so he decided to take them home to foster.

He named the kittens Simon and Raphael.

980x.jpg

"If they were left in the alley where we collected the brush pile that day, I know in my heart they would not be alive right now," he said.

"This is one of the most rewarding things I've done."

980x.gif

He got some formula and brought the kittens home. After a few days looking after the kittens, they simply couldn't part with them.

"We decided we just had to keep them."

980x.jpg

The resident cat came to give the kittens some much-needed TLC.

980x.jpg

"Simon (the kitten) needed the most love and attention," he said.

It was touch and go for awhile, but with a lot of love, both fur babies began to thrive.

The two feline buddies grew by leaps and bounds.

980x.jpg

Simon telling his human the importance of recycling.

980x.jpg

They are all grown up now!

"Every time I look at them, I know that I made the right choice. It makes me very happy to have given them both a loving home."

Two tiny kittens were rescued from an unusual place. They were discovered in a nest in a tree, and their mother was nowhere to be found.

980x.jpg

Specialized Mobile Animal Rescue Team Los Angeles
On September 12, a Los Angeles based rescue group, SMART, had one of their most unusual rescues to date.

They received a call about crying kittens trapped in a tree. One of the rescuers, Nav, was dispatched to the area right away. "When Nav arrived, the tree was merely 10 feet tall," the rescue group wrote on Facebook.

Nav located the kittens and set up a ladder at 6 feet, tall enough to reach the babies.

As he parted the branches, he saw two tiny kittens napping in a little nest in the center of the tree. "I wouldn't believe it if I wouldn't have seen it," he said.

980x.jpg

"Two abandoned, unweaned kittens were in what appeared to be a nest in the middle of the tree."

According to the rescue group, the cat mom had not been seen for two days.

980x.jpg

The kittens were in a tight little hiding spot.

980x.jpg

The rescuer carefully scooped up the kittens and brought them down from the tree.

980x.gif

They placed the kittens in a carrier and found them a foster home where they would be bottle fed and cared for around the clock.

Safe now!

980x.jpg

A kind-hearted man spent seven hours digging through piles of wood to save a litter of tiny kittens in the dumpster.

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Cliff
A month ago, Cliff heard meowing coming from a pile of wood in the dumpster. He spotted a little helpless kitten hanging onto scraps of wood, letting out a few faint cries. Soon he discovered that there were more than one kitten.

"They got dumped in the dumpster, then there was wood dumped on top,"

He spent hours digging through piles of wood and steels to save the abandoned kittens. They were so young that their eyes just opened.

980x.jpg

He first located the whereabouts of the kittens and then carefully dug through the piles to retrieve them. After hours upon hours of digging, he got all the kittens, but one didn't survive.

"Mom chose a huge box to give birth in and kittens got thrown in dumpster," Watching Over Whiskers said.

980x.jpg

This is where Cliff found the kittens.

980x.jpg

Cliff got a tiny gray kitten out from under a pile of wood scraps. He put the fur baby on his lap and gave the little one some much needed TLC.

He placed a tiny kitten in his pocket to keep warm and continued to look for others.

980x.jpg

After hours of rummaging, he got all the kittens out of the dumpster.

980x.jpg

The kittens were so young that they would need around-the-clock care.

980x.jpg

Cliff and his family began to look for help, and after a lot of searching, one rescue group responded and offered to help with open arms.

980x.jpg

The good folks from Watching Over Whiskers (Springfield, Missouri) took the kittens into their care. The babies got baths, full bellies and a warm bed to sleep in.

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Watching Over Whiskers
"They got milk all over each other… they were so hungry," the rescue group said.

One of the gray babies crossed the rainbow bridge. The little buddy fought hard.

980x.jpg

Two of the kittens are smaller, so Roxy, a beautiful rescue mama, is giving them milk and lots of TLC.

980x.jpg

Despite a hard beginning, these kittens are now thriving at their foster home. The kindness from their rescuer and the unconditional love from their caregivers and surrogate mom have turned their lives around.

Now they are learning to explore and are excited about their new adventures in life.

980x.jpg

A cat, who survived horrific fate, fought with everything she got so she could save her only baby.

Meet Sweetie the cat.

980x.jpg
Courtesy: Save Cats & Obliterate OverPopulation, Inc.

In March 2016, a homeless cat named Sweetie was brought into the Save Cats & Obliterate OverPopulation, Inc. (SCOOP, Inc.), non-profit animal-welfare organization in Cincinnati, OH, after she suffered horrific abuse.

"Her mouth was shattered, and her jaw was unattached from the palette and hanging," Barb Wehmann, executive director of SCOOP, Inc., "The vet had to reconstruct her mouth and Sweetie had 35 stitches."

Despite the pain, she never skipped a meal and fought hard to get better. A month into her recovery, the tuxedo girl gave everyone, including the vets, a beautiful surprise.

980x.jpg

Sweetie gave birth to a single tiny kitten weighing just two ounces.

There were no signs of pregnancy. The tiny kitten survived everything her mother went through, including those 10 days when her mother was living without food or water.

980x.jpg

"Sweetie had no milk to nurse the kitten and the kitten's prognosis was grim,"

Staff at SCOOP, Inc. worked tirelessly around the clock to help feed and care for the kitten while mama provided unconditional love and everything she could give to her only baby.

980x.jpg

"At 10 days old, the kitten was still the size of a stick of gum. She was named Jaax after the vet (Dr. Jennifer Jaax) who saved her mom's life."

Sweetie has been a wonderful mama right from the start. Despite her unthinkably sad past, she keeps on giving love.

980x.jpg

"She had such a great will to live. As I fed the kitten every two hours, Sweetie watched and then waited for me to finish so she could do the rest of the care for Jaax,"

Sweetie puts her own recovery and pain aside to love and care for her fur baby.

980x.jpg

Today Jaax is five months old, still tiny, but she is thriving.

"Sweetie just had her second mouth surgery and is also doing well at 8 pounds now (she was 4 pounds when she arrived to us). She is estimated to be 9 or 10 years old," W

Mama teaching her baby to eat from a plate by putting food on her mouth.

980x.jpg

Jaax gave Sweetie the will to live.

980x.jpg

"We feel that Sweetie's will to live was tied closely into saving her kitten. Jaax is five months old and Sweetie never lets the kitten out of her sight,"

Jaax is very protective of her mama, and Sweetie feels the same way about her baby.

980x.jpg

After a breakup with her boyfriend, Rylee Rae knew something was missing in her heart, and only one thing could fill it. She went online and found the purrfect match.

Meet Delores the cat.

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Rylee Rae @ryleerae
Rae is a cat person and has always loved hairless cats as far back as she could remember. When her boyfriend left, he took both cats with him.

"Soon after my breakup in August, I took to scouring adoption pages in hopes of coming across a hairless cat,"

She patiently waited until one day a hairless kitty named Delores came on a Niagara Fall's adoption page. "She is a Skinderlop, which is half Scottish Fold and Half Sphinx."

Little Delores was not doing well in her previous home. "She was being bullied (by other cats) and needed to be in a quiet home with no other pets. She was a perfect fit for our lifestyle."

980x.jpg

"I've had pets my entire life," said Rae, who spent two decades with a cat she brought home when she was six years old.

She needed a feline companion to fill that hole in her heart. Getting a cat back into her life was the only logical thing to do. When she found Delores, it was love at first sight. She applied to adopt immediately, and the rest is history.

980x.jpg

Meeting Delores for the first time...

"I saw her sitting in the window when we drove up to meet her. I came into the house and promptly set up camp on the floor, hoping she'd warm up to me. Within minutes she was climbing up into my arms and I literally squealed with joy,"

980x.jpg

"The second I looked into those green saucer eyes, I was infatuated. I knew from the moment she pressed her warm pink skin into my open hands that it was meant to be!"

980x.jpg

"We are endlessly happy to be in each others company. She brings me so much joy and happiness and she laps up the constant affections with enthusiasm.

"She is happiest curled up in my lap or hanging out in a scarf doubled as a baby bjorn style carrier and I wouldn't have it any other way."

Delores holding her mom's hand in her sleep.

980x.jpg

Delores purrs constantly and is tremendously affectionate.

"She is always seeking out a lap or neck to snuggle into and is content being spoiled with your love,"

"She is clumsy and not at all graceful, but still manages to climb around the house on surfaces to get closer to you, meowing for more attention."

980x.jpg

To little Delores, there is no amount of love is ever enough. Her enormous little heart is always wide open for her human mom to fill it with love.

"She's provided me with an outlet to love unconditionally, beyond the confines of humans. She doesn't have expectations or require reciprocation for all the good she brings into our lives and it's a beautiful thing,"

"She's pure happiness and I'm grateful for her each and every day."

980x.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back