Kitty rescue stories....

A miniature ginger kitten wandered into a market, meowing aloud. When a woman passed by, he ran up to her, begging to be taken home. She didn't even have a chance!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
Two years ago, Orange the cat was wandering at a market in the Philippines all by himself. "He was meowing and all dirty,"

When he saw Mamorno, he was all over her and wouldn't let her pass. "I couldn't just leave him, so I brought him home and fed him," she said.

The kitten scarfed down the food and purred up a storm on the first day home.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
He started making himself at home as Mamorno woke up every 3-4 hours to give him food and love. "I placed toys beside him to keep him company when he napped."

Orange began to put on ounces!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
As he grew, he became very attached to his human mom.

"He was always on my shoulder always curious about what I'm doing."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
He bonded with Mamorno's son and cuddled with him every night.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
He grew by leaps and bounds. So did his ears!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
All grown up now! It's hard to believe he's the same tiny kitten from the market.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
"He's a good nanny as I have been feeding other strays in our place. When mommy cats bring their kittens to my doorstep, he helps care for the kittens in exchange for a bit of kitten milk as perks."

980x.jpg

With proper care, plenty of love and a comfortable home, look at Orange now!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Haj Mamorno
When a cat chooses you, it means forever!

He doesn't know what life would be like as a 4-legged cat because this adorable ginger boy was born with only three legs and he thinks he's purrfect just the way he is.

Meet Lefty the ginger cat!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
"Lefty was born missing his front left leg. He has a little 'stump' and a malformed left scapula. He was handed over to his foster mom, Pam, by someone who knew that she was part of the local cat rescue group, The Feline Network of The Central Coast," Reggie told Love Meow.

"Lefty was near death due to a mouth Infection which made it impossible for him to suckle."

Cuddling with his mousy.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
After many sleepless nights, his foster mom Pam brought him back from the brink!

"She and her vet worked diligently to get Lefty's mouth infection cleared and to get him to eat, feeding with a syringe."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
When Lefty found his human mom...

Reggie was looking for a companion for her ginger girl Punkin who was found a feral kitten by the same rescue.

"I saw Lefty, fell in Love, and asked who I needed to see in order to take him to his 'FurEver Home'. His foster mom, Pam. had me literally jump through 'hoops' to make sure I was worthy of the Lil Guy!"

"I guess the clincher was when I held him and he just quietly lay in my arms."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
Lefty and his forever loving home!

"Several years have passed and Lefty is a wonderful fire cracker of a Ginger."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
"His being a 'Tripawd' does not stop that Lil Monster. We love him, and his diva sis, Punkin, to bits,"

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
Lefty and his favorite "kitty recliner".

"This position allows him to rest his left side against the chair base which 'balances' him better."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
"Nothing stops that Ginger Boy. He throws himself into all sorts of 'trouble'. He and his sister have the run of 'The GingerBred House'."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Reggie
Cats with special needs are as deserving of a forever loving home as other kitties :).

A tiny tabby boy was found curled up on the side of a road, when a policeman spotted him. The man wouldn't leave the kitten without finding him the love and care he deserved.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
"I occasionally volunteer for an animal shelter, including foster care and weaning for adoption. I got a call that a policeman had found an abandoned kitten crumpled up on the side of the road and needed to find a carer for him,"

He kept the kitten with him while searching for a person who would be able to give the little tabby the best care. That's when he found Sharon.

" (It was) love at first and every ensuing sight."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
"I agreed to fostering, and the little hiccup of fur was delivered to me. I wrapped him up in a blanket and fed him, and fell in love. When my boyfriend got home, he found little Scamp sitting on the sofa, and the expression on their faces said it all."

They bonded instantly when they met.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
"After a few days of going bonkers together, we made it clear to the shelter that Scamp was not available for adoption. He instantly connected with our other cats and had an amazing influence on them, including calming the nerves of some of our wackier ones."

Scamp wolfed down the food after the rescue.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
They gave him a soft blanket to snuggle in. He loved it!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
It's his blanket now.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
Scamp giving his forever human mom a kiss for saving his life!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
"He has grown to be a big boy who resembles the serval I always wanted, and sleeps with us every night. Daily my boyfriend and I count our blessings that he came into our lives."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon
A typical night, Scamp snuggles with his human mom and his feline siblings.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Ossie Sharon

A tiny kitten was abandoned in the street but saved by a teacher, who brought him back to life. This is what love can do in just one week!

"On the morning of March 3rd I took my dog for a walk like I always do every morning, then I saw a plastic bag moving from one side to another side of the sidewalk,"

"When I heard those tiny and fragile little meows, I quickly untied the plastic bag which was closed by two strong knots, and found this little kitten, all wet and scared!"

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Aline Martins
Aline grabbed the bag and immediately ran home to get the kitten the help he desperately needed. "He was very scared so I left him in a carrier for a little while, so he could calm down a bit and feel safe."

When the kitten finally felt comfortable with his new surroundings, he was given a very needed warm bath.

980x.jpg

All cleaned up and comfy in his new bed.

He loved his blanket so much that he started purring the moment he touched the soft fabric.

980x.jpg

Aline fed the kitten with a bottle and a syringe and brought life back to this little soul the moment he started eating. The hungry kitten scarfed down the food and loved every bit of it.

980x.jpg

"Now, he eats a lot (dry and wet food) and loves his new furry brothers and sisters!"

She named him Davi.

980x.jpg

"He plays, sleeps and eats with his new family and is very happy."

980x.jpg

Little Davi has totally transformed in just one week.

"He now can forget his sad past and enjoy his brand new happy life."

980x.jpg

Two months ago, a tiny one day old kitten was found crawling down the footpath all by himself and soaking wet after a downpour. A kind woman picked up the kitten and gave him a home and became the mom he never had.

Courtesy of Kathryn Van Beek at Bruce the Kitten
She named the little kitten Bruce, after the orphaned Bruce Wayne aka Batman.

Kathryn Van Beek was walking home that day after the pouring rain in Kingsland, Auckland when she spotted something barely squirming on the footpath. At first she thought it was a mouse, but when she looked closer, she saw a tiny kitten still with his umbilical cord attached.

"He wasn't meowing when I found him but he was crawling slowly along on his tummy as though he was trying to find his mother. Poor little mite,"

She took him home and gave the little kitten food that he desperately needed. On day three, Bruce started purring :).

Feeding and caring Bruce became a full time job for Kathryn. She had to get up during the night to feed the baby. Setting the alarm wasn't necessary because they soon realized that despite his tiny size, Bruce was louder than any alarm clock when he was hungry. Kathryn took the kitten with her to work for the first few days of his life.

At 12 days, Bruce weighed over 100 grams!

980x.jpg

Kathryn and her family never planned to have a second cat, but soon after they started fostering Bruce, they knew he was there to stay forever.

Bruce's eyes opened!

980x.jpg

They taught him to eat on his own.

980x.jpg

He needed some help with grooming, but little Bruce was getting stronger and bigger every day.

980x.jpg

His purrsonality is larger than life!

980x.jpg

"He is 9 weeks old now and doing really well,"

980x.jpg

Bruce just had his first Christmas with his mom and dad and his big sister Jager the cat. Today he's weighing in at 900 grams (almost 2 lbs)!

980x.jpg

A litter of four kittens were turned to the shelter after they lost their mom. A kind woman took them in to foster, but it didn't take long for one of the kitties to win over the hearts of her two resident furry companions.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Stacey
"I'm a veterinary nurse in England and recently a local charity contacted me in regards to a mother cat who had passed away,"

The person who surrendered the kittens didn't know how to care for them so sought a rescue group for help. Stacey fosters for the charity so she took in the four skinny fur babies and started feeding them around the clock.

One of the kitties, Cinnamon, stole her foster mom's heart.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Stacey
She has a little exclamation mark on her face :).

980x.jpg

She quickly bonded with the rescue bunny, Clover.

"Little Cinnamon keeps trying to feed off Clover - good thing that she's super patient and gentle!"

Cinnamon snuggles up to her bunny and thinks she is her mom.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Stacey
When Cinnamon met Pancake the cat, she followed her around trying to win her over.

"Both Pancake and my house bunny Clover are rescue animals!

"Pancake was not pleased about four kittens invading her home at first but she's softening up and seems to have taken a liking to Cinnamon."

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Stacey
The two buddies are getting closer every day! Pancake has even started to groom and care for her little calico friend.

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Stacey
This little foster baby is not going anywhere. Stacey is planning to keep her with her best friends.

Pancake gives her little adopted sister a hug.

980x.jpg

A rescue calico cat started eating on her own again when she had her babies by her side.

"We got Sophia when she was turned into a local shelter as a stray pregnant cat. We had her about 3 days when she got a horrible upper respiratory infection. She was so congested in her head that she refused to eat,"

After one week of trying to syringe feed her a high calorie food, it was to no avail. So the veterinarian decided it would be best for her to have a feeding tube to help her eat. "That way we could bypass her congestion and get her and the babies the nutrients they needed."

980x.jpg

"The tube was placed and Sophia wore a little red sweater to help keep it in place. She was fed thru the tube 5-6 times per day. Slowly, her cold began to get better, but she still wouldn't eat even though she was clearly hungry.

"Our Doctor hoped once the babies were born she would start eating again."

980x.jpg

On Tuesday night, Sophia went into labor and gave birth to four adorable babies!

980x.jpg

Courtesy of Here Kitty Kitty Rescue
"Sophia decided to pull an all-nighter! Welcome to the world little babies."

980x.jpg

They are all boys!

980x.jpg

The next day Sophia started eating on her own and hasn't stopped!

Knowing that her babies are ok and that they need her helps Sophia get better and regain her appetite. "Her feeding tube has been removed and the little family is happy and healthy.

980x.jpg

A tiny orphaned kitten was still a newborn baby when he was found without a mother, but he was given love again by a male cat who became the father he never had.

On the day of his rescue.

980x.jpg
Courtesy of Cristina Piapia

It was early in the morning when Cristina Piapia spotted a tiny kitten who was in need of a lot of TLC and motherly love. The kitten was found all alone. His eyes were still closed and he was so small and hungry. Piapia brought the little fur baby into her home. The next thing she knew, her cat Boli took to the little helpless baby and started grooming and caring for him like his own.

Piapia was amazed to see such gentleness and love from her cat.

980x.jpg

Boli was born to a rescue cat and was adopted by Piapia along with his cat mama.

"I have rescued a lot of cats. Boli always takes care of them,"

980x.jpg

The tiny baby was christened Fa. He didn't want to be anywhere but to be with his new papa.

980x.jpg

Piapia bottle fed the kitten around the clock, and Boli was always there to help wash the baby and snuggle with him for naps.

980x.jpg

Time for another bath!

980x.jpg

Fa's tiny paw vs Boli's big paw.

980x.jpg

Boli wouldn't leave his baby out of his sight.

980x.jpg

Even when Fa grew bigger, he followed his papa Boli around.

980x.jpg

Fa never saw his mama, but when he opened his eyes, he saw Boli first.

Now all grown up, he is happy and loved!

980x.jpg

A tiny orphaned kitten was still a newborn baby when he was found without a mother, but he was given love again by a male cat who became the father he never had.

On the day of his rescue.

980x.jpg

It was early in the morning when Cristina Piapia spotted a tiny kitten who was in need of a lot of TLC and motherly love. The kitten was found all alone. His eyes were still closed and he was so small and hungry. Piapia brought the little fur baby into her home. The next thing she knew, her cat Boli took to the little helpless baby and started grooming and caring for him like his own.

Piapia was amazed to see such gentleness and love from her cat.

980x.jpg

Boli was born to a rescue cat and was adopted by Piapia along with his cat mama.

"I have rescued a lot of cats. Boli always takes care of them,"

980x.jpg

The tiny baby was christened Fa. He didn't want to be anywhere but to be with his new papa.

980x.jpg

Piapia bottle fed the kitten around the clock, and Boli was always there to help wash the baby and snuggle with him for naps.

980x.jpg

Time for another bath!

980x.jpg

Fa's tiny paw vs Boli's big paw.

980x.jpg

Boli wouldn't leave his baby out of his sight.

980x.jpg

Even when Fa grew bigger, he followed his papa Boli around.

980x.jpg

Fa never saw his mama, but when he opened his eyes, he saw Boli first.

Now all grown up, he is happy and loved!

980x.jpg
Our fur-friends are truly amazing!

This man saved a tiny kitten. This is the moment after he brought him into the car and held him in his arms.

"My sister and brother-in-law rescued a kitten. Look at how happy he is!" Zilara said.

980x.jpg

Photo: Zilara @ultraviolettoinfrared
The kitten looked into his rescuer's eyes and smiled to him as if he was saying "Thank you for saving me."

980x.jpg

They brought him home and he loved the softness of the carpet.

He was christened Kaya.

980x.jpg

Two months later, he's grown into a beautiful tabby cat!

980x.jpg

A dog found a tiny kitten rummaging in a bag in the middle of the street and alerted his owner about the baby.

"A German Shepard found the baby because he smelled the cat food that was in the bag. My neighbor took the kitten across the street to the park and the German Shepard Dog was protecting her," reddit user cardifan said.

980x.jpg

Photo: cardifan
The neighbor gave the kitten a flea bath before reddit user cardifan came to pick her up with kitten formula she got from the vet.

The little gray and white kitten was found in the street near Grace Cathedral in San Francisco, so they decided to christen her Gracie.

980x.jpg

At first, Gracie wouldn't have the kitty milk either by feeding her with a bottle or from a bowl. So they mixed some wet cat food in the formula, and the kitten just loved it!

"She ate it right up. I put a small box in the bathroom for her and after showing her how to scratch, she peed and pooped."

980x.jpg

They gave Gracie a basket filled with warm blankets to sleep in that night. "When I woke up in the morning she was asleep in my hamper."

Gracie fell asleep in a comfy bed after filling her belly with yummy food.

980x.jpg

Gracie the day after sleeping in a warm home and getting lots to eat.

She came out of her shell and started playing and exploring with her new found energy.

"My son is trying to teach her how to play Minecraft."

980x.jpg

The neighbor who found Gracie, came by and fed and played with her while her human mom was at work.

Little Gracie waking her human up in the morning for breakfast!

980x.jpg

"I guess they're her slippers now."

980x.jpg

Five months later!

Gracie lying on her favorite napping spot at her forever home!

980x.jpg

A tiny 3-legged wonder kitten found love and comfort in a cat loving man, and the kitty can't stop the cuddles!

Meet Armani, the little warrior kitten!

980x.jpg
Photo: Raphael Mattoso

When Armani came into this man's life, he was without one of his hind legs, but the little fur baby adjusted and made do with three just fine.

He learned to walk on his three paws like a champ. Raphael Mattoso, a vet student from Brazil met the little guy and was touched by his amazing spirit to live in such a tiny body.

"He is a warrior cat! He doesn't realize that he doesn't have a little leg! He does it all!" Mattoso said.

980x.jpg

Little Armani exploring his new home!

Raphael Mattoso on Instagram: “Como ontem o vídeo saiu cortado, aqui vai a razão de ele ser fofo e especial! #warrior #heisahero #hero #bravekitten #warriorcat”

There's nothing he loves more than cuddling with his human dad.

980x.jpg

More snuggles. He naps like this every day :).

980x.jpg

Little Armani giving his human a bath.

Raphael Mattoso on Instagram: “Hora do banho”

Whenever Mattoso is home, Armani curls up in his lap for a nap.

980x.jpg

Armani attempts to help his human with his work as a vet student.

980x.jpg

980x.jpg

Armani follows his human around and guards him wherever he is.

"The trust we have cannot to be put in words. I love my little warrior cat."

980x.jpg

A young woman gave a fluffy ginger cat a second chance at life, the kitty repaid her by 'rescuing' her back. "I adopted my cat Jinx three years ago and he has completely cured me of my eating disorder," Annie said.

"Since getting Jinx he's filled whatever void in my life that I needed to be filled."

980x.jpg

Courtesy: Annie @annamageddon
"In 2011 I had been living alone for 3 years and my body dysmorphic disorder had gotten out of control. I would obsess over my weight for hours on end just staring in the mirror and developed many unhealthy behaviors associated with this.

"Our family cat of 18 years also died in that year which was devastating but I came to the conclusion that it would be a good time to get a cat of my own," Annie told Love Meow.

Eventually she found Jinx, who was looking for his forever loving home. He wasn't getting the attention that he needed, so in the summer of 2013, Annie took him home.

980x.jpg

"Jinx is a great companion and I definitely credit him with curing me of my obsession over my weight. He's a very needy cat and demands attention often. If I am focusing on the TV or am distracted by something when he wants attention he'll find some place to perch and extends his little paw and pokes me twice! He does this to me frequently but will also do this to my family members and friends who are around him enough."

"Jinx doesn't allow me to obsess over my weight in front of the mirror and now I don't even want to. He's allowed me to put things in perspective and realize that there are more important things in life," Annie told Love Meow.

980x.jpg

His adorable, quirky personality brightens up anyone in the room. You just can't help but smile with Jinx around.

980x.jpg

His glorious fluff makes him look like a majestic little lion cat.

980x.jpg

Jinx wants to be involved in everything his human does.

"He demands my attention and I no longer have time to worry about the things that I would previously."

980x.jpg

Jinx offers purrs and a helping paw when his human mom is working.

980x.jpg

They watch TV together every day.

980x.jpg

His loving and affectionate nature has brought so much joy into Annie's life.

980x.jpg

Annie found Jinx and gave him a home. The kitty returned the favor by saving her life.

"I love this little guy and I hope that all of you have similarly positive experiences with your cats," Annie said.

980x.jpg

A couple rescued a cat covered in petrol from underneath a car. "Now every time we walk the dogs she goes with us and acts as though she's protecting us from everything."

Meet Petrol the cat!

980x.jpg
Courtesy: Ryan

"My girlfriend and I were going along for a walk one evening when we heard some meowing. We thought it was an adult cat somewhere, but then we realized that it was coming from inside the car (or under it)," Ryan (from reddit) told Love Meow.

"We realized that there was a little cat underneath the car, so we tried to entice her out with some food. Finally, after just a few minutes, she ran straight into my girlfriend's arms, covered in gasoline and grease! She was purring. She was so happy."

They took her home, washed her, and Petrol has been a part of their family ever since.

980x.jpg

Soon Petrol took on the role as their furry bodyguard every time they went for a walk.

"She feel as though she is protecting us and warning us about what might be out there. She usually comes with us, but we walk the dogs three times a day, so when she doesn't make it with us she will greet us by standing on the neighbor's hedge and welcoming us home. She always walks back inside with us!" Ryan told Love Meow.

980x.jpg

"She's a very friendly cat. Likes to cuddle with us in bed or on the couch, but also really likes to take over the whole bed if possible! She always warms right up to friends and family when we have them over," Ryan told Love Meow.

"We feel so grateful to have found her that day. She's definitely family and I can't believe she was just abandoned like that. My girlfriend loves all animals and whenever we go out she walks up to any dogs or cats that we see and pets them. We know we can't rescue all of them but we're glad we saved Petrol because now she has a great time hanging out with our other cats, playing with the dogs, and of course protecting us on our walks."

980x.jpg

They rescued Petrol. Now she returns the favor by protecting them for life!

A tiny 2-week-old kitten was left behind at a house by his cat mother who never returned. Monica Villalobos, the owner of the house, decided she would be his new family.

Meet El Pelusa!

980x.jpg
Courtesy: Monica Villalobos

They believe the cat mother was a feral who came from the nearby small mountain. She visited their house one day for food.

"She stayed there all night long. We gave her food, a warm place, but after that she started relocating her babies one by one. After 20 hours she never came back to pick up baby El Pelusa," Villalobos told Love Meow.

They knew they had to take him in.

The next day little El Pelusa opened his eyes for the first time.

980x.jpg

"He was two weeks old and very fragile. He needed critical care. We fed him every 3 hours, kept him clean and warm," Villalobos said.

"At the beginning it was very stressful, but we had to give him a chance. We nursed the little baby back to health through many sleepless nights, making him feel warm and loved."

They put the kitten in a box full of blankets with warm water bottles and stuffed toys around, so he could have something to cuddle up with.

980x.jpg

It's likely that the kitten was so weak that the cat mother didn't believe he would survive, so left him in the house. Luckily, she handed her baby over to a great family.

When El Pelusa was around 3 months old, he finally caught up in size and got back on his paws, jumping all over the house and meowing loudly like a healthy kitten would.

980x.jpg

"We thought once he was strong and healthy we would look for a family to adopt him... but that never happened... He became our forever little fluffy cat."

El Pelusa has come a long way!

980x.jpg

El Pelusa is very smart. He's figured out how to open doors and he knows how to get what he wants.

"He likes to follow my mom to the garden to pick flowers and fresh fruits," Villalobos told Love Meow.

980x.jpg

That tiny ball of fur has grown a magnificent mane!

980x.jpg

"Now 2 years and much love later, he is a very beautiful, healthy, playful and loved cat."

They never had a cat before El Pelusa, but when he came into their lives, they knew the tiny ball of fur deserved a second chance, and now he's family for life.

980x.jpg

A kind-hearted man saw two little white boots under a truck by the tire and found a tiny kitten clinging to it. Her cat mother ran away and left her behind, so the man knew he had to step up to help.

Meet Axel!

980x.jpg
Courtesy: JustAnotherGoodGuy

"She was just hiding under the truck after the mama ran away. The mama is a stray who has been living in the office park for at least a couple of years,"

The man waited for the mama and looked for other kittens but they were nowhere in sight. The mother cat has been very difficult to catch.

"My husband sent this picture and said 'can I bring it home?' That's his hand. Who could say no to that face?"

980x.jpg

He stayed with the kitten until she was comfortable enough to accept the man's help. Once the kitten was close enough, he picked her up and was on his way home.

A trip to the vet!

"First thing we did! That's how we found she's a she. Got shots, the whole new kitten package. She was only 4-5 weeks old when found."

980x.jpg

The little fur buddy is clear-eyed and clean now!

"Now she's sitting on the sofa with a full belly. Life got a lot better for her two weeks ago... she's a keeper. She has made herself right at home with our 19-year-old cat and 2-year-old dog."

980x.jpg

When a commenter asked "How much does (the kitty) charge for wheel alignments?" They said: "Room and board. And a pound of flesh, one scratch at a time."

Axel is safe, sound, warm, full, and loved at her forever loving home. "She's a great addition to the house!"

980x.jpg

Photo: Ketchikan Humane Society

Henry is a rescue cat with a neurological disorder that makes him wobbly, but the ginger boy has surprised everyone with his strong fatherly instinct. When he met a litter of abandoned kittens found on the side of the road, he took them in and started nurturing them as his own.

The six tiny three week old kittens were found in a cardboard box on Price of Wales, in Alaska. “Luckily, some children walking home from school heard them crying in their box," Heather Muench of the Ketchikan Humane Society told KRBD.

While Muench was caring for the kittens around the clock, Henry decided he would lent her a helping paw, and right then, his paternal instinct kicked in. “It's really kind of cute," said Muench. “The first thing he does is start compulsively licking one. He'll spend hours in there, licking them, over, repeatedly. I think, 'Oh my gosh, they're not going to have any fur left.' But, he's really good at cleaning them up. I shouldn't complain, because then I don't have to do it.

"The cat nurturing, it's increasing their chance of surviving."

Henry takes his job very seriously. “When I took them to work with me, he was very upset because someone had stolen his babies for the day," she added. “When they came home, he was like, 'Get them out of the carrying case. Put my babies back!" (KRBD)

Though Henry is a great help, Muench had to take the babies with her to work to keep them fed.

Henry is such a devoted dad who has made a huge difference for these little kittens.

Updates:

Henry has been adopted by his foster parents. He is now helping his humans care for other kitties in need.

Here he is comforting Paul E. Dactyl and Sapphire.

980x.jpg

"Henry lets the tiny ones nuzzle his belly. They are comforted, he is comforted, and we are touched," Ketchikan Humane Society said on Facebook.

980x.jpg

I truly believe folks totally misunderstand cats. The papa of a couple of my feral litters has been very active lately. He's been protecting the current litter and is still actively in attendance of both upcoming litters.
Just brought a new cat into the herd, an old long haired black cat that is now half brown with age, and is deaf. Wondered into the yard, and i was there. I had a chicken breast inside, got it for him, and I could tell it was the first chicken breast he ever had! Nice day today, so he decided to park his butt down on the porch and just wait for supper!
He'll stay close by now! Just waiting to see when I can get to handle him, and will have him fully checked out by the vet. I'm a sucker for the ones that have problems!

My feral colony has started having kittens. The first momma had five little ones in my barn but has since moved the to an abandoned chicken coop next door. I am always amazed at the strong family ties with this group of animals. There is the original momma and two generations of daughters who all stay together. Even the poppa cat is staying close this year. He's fathered all the litters, as far as I can tell. The mommas will all take turns kitten-sitting once the little ones are big enough to come out of the nest.

New Topics

Forum List

Back