Kitty rescue stories....

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Because they make you feel good!

Meet Finn the ginger, who was found living under a cement step of an apartment building on a freezing old day.
Sheri received a frantic text about the kitten, and immediately went to the rescue. “He was a little ginger kitten, with the cutest face and the cutest little squeak of a meow. I brought him home, without knowing whether or not I was going to keep him, or give him to one of the amazing rescue organizations in my area,” she said.
She stayed up through many sleepless nights looking after the little ginger kitten, feeding him round the clock while taking care of her own furry gang. “My dog just absolutely loved him. She was so excited to have a new little friend that she could play with and protect. Soon after that, I named the little ginger kitten Finn. I guess keep down I knew that we were going to be keeping him.”
A tiny ginger furball was found living under a cement step of an apartment building on a freezing cold day. Sheri took him in. He was so hungry that he finished the whole bottle.​
Sheri started fostering Finn while taking care of her own furry friends.​
“My dog just absolutely loved him. She was so excited to have a new little friend that she could play with and protect.”​
Soon after that she knew that they couldn’t part with him, so decided to adopt him.​
Finn stays by Sheri’s side when she is on the computer.​
He gives her a paw when she does laundry.​
The bed now belongs to Finn and he shares it with his human.​
Josie the dog watched Finn grow. They are now best of friends.​
He loved his human who gave him a second chance at life.​
All grown up now, Finn still cuddles his human everyday.​

• Banned
A blind cat found her soldier in Afghanistan. They started feeding her and grew attached to her. They named her Sockets.

The rescuer wrote: “I work in Gardez and live on an Army Forward Operating Base. I had been here a few days and noticed a grey striped kitten around where we lived. The kitten was cute and was always playing. I started giving it food, many people feed her. One day the kitten was on a high wall eye level. When I looked at her eyes there were none. Joking we called her Sockets.
Sockets plays and gets around like any cat. She climbs and runs around, but does it with no eyes. She is very friendly and likes getting petted. The eye sockets are a crusty mess, but the cat does not seem to be in any pain. She purrs just like any cat.

After I made contact with the rescue (Nowzad) we set a date for Sockets to go on her trip. We put her in the office for safe keeping. I took her a little time to get used to the place. I got a box and put gravel in it like a litter box, and she used it like any indoor cat. On the desk were 2 Afghan traditional hats, she made these her bed. She is one very smart kitten. – - Sockets has made her way from the FOB to the Nowzad clinic.” (via Nowzad and SAC Fund)

Once she arrived at Nowzad, they gave her the needed treatment for her eyes, and she was a very happy kitty. With generous donations, they were able to gather enough fund to arrange a trip for Sockets to return to her soldier in America.

A blind cat found her soldier in Afghanistan. They started feeding her and grew attached to her and named her Sockets. ”Sockets plays and gets around like any cat. She climbs and runs around, but does it with no eyes.”​
They wanted Sockets to have a wonderful life in a safe home in the US, so contacted Nowzad for help. Once Sockets arrived in the shelter, she was treated for her eyes and just kept purring along the way.​
With generous donations, they were able to collect enough fund to reunite Sockets with her soldier in America. This is her on her way to her new home.​
Sockets finally in her forever home in America​

• Banned
Meet Mercury, an amazing kitten with no front legs, but absolutely loves life. Not only can he get around like a pro, but also do everything just like other cats.

Mercury’s human wrote on Facebook:
“Mercury was found when he was about 4 days old (just over 5 ounces in weight, and eyes still shut, born about September 3rd/4th 2013), and we believe he was hit with a weed whacker since people in the neighbourhood had been doing yard work in tall grass shortly before he was found. He was taken to our vet, his wounds were cleaned up, and we were then called to care for him since we do a lot of bottle babies and special needs kitties for rescues. We fed him around the clock, and cleaned his wounds multiple times a day until they fully closed over… He grew well, and from the very start he would move on his own.

As he has grown we worked on different aspects of movement with him- pushing himself with his back legs, balancing in an upright position, jumping from various positions, moving on different surfaces, jumping from one place to another and so on. The more he grew, the better he got at each one, and he can now run on most surfaces, climb stairs, jump on to and off the couch, and balance better than almost any other cat. Mercury does everything other cats do- he plays with toys, he jumps, plays with other cats and dogs, sleeps on the bed, uses a litter box, and believes he is the king of the world…

Mercury absolutely loves life, and has the most inquisitive personality. If he sees something outside he runs to the window to watch, if a new toy or scratching post is brought in he is the first to run over and check it out, he has the biggest purr when he is being petted, and if he doesn’t like something or you aren’t doing what he wants he will yell at you until he gets his way.”

Meet Mercury the kitten who has no front legs but is happy and gets around like a pro. He absolutely loves life.​
They found him when he was just 4 days old. He was most likely injured in the yard.​
But that doesn’t stop him. Mercury has learned to use his hind legs to move, run and jump. He can play and do everything just like other cats.​
He thinks he is the king of the world!​
Mercury has the most inquisitive personality.​
…and he is always happy!​
“If you’re happy and you know it, stomp your feet!”​
Mercury showing off his cute belly
icon_smile.gif
.​
Photos via Raising Mercury. Follow this amazing kitty on Facebook.​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWM39yrWHqs]Laser kitten! Mercury the two legged kitten takes on the laser. - YouTube[/ame]​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y4iZcjh_rc]Mercury the two legged kitten- first attempt at climbing stairs - YouTube[/ame]​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEkSCaiiz90]Cat rescue fail - YouTube[/ame]

We lived in country for 15 years, and folks were always dumping animals at our doorstep.

Then those animals would have litters, and we'd run ads for free pets.

One day, I backed the car out of the drive and... "crunch", I ran over stinky cat.

Stinky cat just stunk like shit. I don't know why. Always just smelled like poop.

So we named it Shtinky Puddin' after a comic strip cat.

That was the only time my daughter said she hated me. Broke my fucking heart. I could care less about the cat. Anyhow that cat was squirming and writhing. Then it died. So we dig hole #27 and plunk it. Fuck I am so glad those days are behind me.

And there was an old chicken coup out back, so the wife is like "ooh let's get some chickens, and a rooster". They did lay good eggs but it wasn't long before the stray dogs, coyotes, raccoons, and possums found the... chickens (hens). I can't remember how many times the wife called me at work in tears.

Then one night there was a ruckus in the coup. So I grab my .38 and head out with the Mrs.

There waddles off the fattest fucking raccoon I ever saw. They say that raccoons eat chickens from the ass end frontwards.

So I take a couple of shots at Mr. raccoon. I damn near shot the wife in the process.

Fuck me. Those days are gone. But cool memories too. Damn we were flat-ass broke back then.

Ha- I said broke back. Mountain. Gay shit and all. Ah fuck it.

[ame=http://youtu.be/CjB_oVeq8Lo]GoPro: Fireman Saves Kitten - YouTube[/ame]

I remember freaking out when I was a kid and saw a cat stuck in a tree. Then dad says "when's the last time you saw a cat skeleton in a tree".

I did a lot of research about this because there was...well, a cat stuck in a tree. In fact, my dogs chased him up the tree. He was waaaay up there.

I was so worried, I did a bunch of reading about this situation. After I had educated myself my conclusion was to do nothing...just leave the cat alone and he would come down on his own.

He was up in that tree a good day or so, but one morning I got up and looked and he was gone.

Now he lives at my house. But that's a whole 'nuther story. :)

Meet Elfie, a kitty of small stature, who was rescued from a shelter in Alberta, Canada and found his way to a forever home along with his sister Gimli. Elfie and Gimli were born dwarf kittens, rather like Lil Bub the cat.
“They have genetic dwarfism. They were born to a ‘normal’ mother in a litter of ‘normal’ cats. They just happen to be a bit more cuddly,” Willeedee of Reddit wrote. “They were adopted by my friend and his wife (Elfie & Gimli’s foster parents) who are both big supporters of adoption.”

Meet Elfie, a dwarf kitty, who was rescued from a shelter in Alberta, Canada and found his way to a forever home along with his sister Gimli.​
Elfie was born a dwarf kitten, rather like Lil Bub the cat.​
They have genetic dwarfism. “They were born to a ‘normal’ mother in a litter of ‘normal’ cats. They just happen to be a bit more cuddly”​
Elfie is very expressive. This is his ‘disapproval’ face!​
He and his sister never left their foster home. It is now their forever home.​
Elfie on the move.​
His cave.​

Bran Nelson Threepaw has only 3 legs, but it doesn’t stop him from loving life. As soon as he gets on the floor, he starts running.
“He was found in the street at four weeks old, dragging his limp front leg behind him. They tried to massage his leg to see if it would get feeling back, but it was only causing him frustration, so they decided to amputate it from the shoulder,” said Chelsie Barnes.

“After his surgery, Bran was up and running! The adoption coordinator, Rachel G., said ‘I had to stop playing with him! He would just play so hard I worried about his stitches!’”

When Chelsie and Joshua met Bran, it was love at first sight, and the next thing they knew Bran was on his way to his forever home. “He spends his days climbing, jumping, romping, and tackling his brother Tallurah. Even though he only has three legs, he doesn’t even notice that it’s gone. In fact, I’m sure he believes that every other cat is odd because they have an extra leg!”

Bran Nelson Threepaw has only 3 legs, but as soon as he is on the floor, he goes running.​
“He was found in the street at four weeks old, dragging his limp front leg behind him.” In order to save his life, the vet decided to remove his injured leg.​
After his surgery, Bran was up and running!​
He wouldn’t stop playing and didn’t even notice that he was missing one leg.​
He can jump, run and play just like any other cats.​
He has developed amazing balance skills.​
When he plays, he is very focused!​
Bran has also found a new brother named Tallurah. They are inseparable!​
“Even though he only has three legs, he doesn’t even notice that it’s gone.”​
A lot bigger today, Bran runs the house like a boss and is happy, healthy and very loved.​

“In fact, I’m sure he believes that every other cat is odd because they have an extra leg!”​

They may not be related, but they sure look like family. These kitties had a rough start in life, but when they found each other at Good Karma Pet Rescue of Florida, they cuddled up to each other as if they came from the same family, and that they needed each other.
The ginger kitten was rescued from a bucket along with his two other siblings. They were very sick and orphaned, fighting for survival. He and his calico sister made it. While his sister had been adopted, the ginger boy came back to the shelter, where he was introduced to his two buddies who were rescued from Craigslist.
Now they continue cuddling with each other while awaiting their forever homes.
They may not be related, but they sure look like family. The ginger boy was rescued from a bucket as a sick kitten and nursed back to health. He was introduced to his new buddies who were rescued from Craigslist.​
They continue cuddling with each other while awaiting their forever homes.​

Meet choccy, 4 weeks old. He’s given his first bottle after being rejected by his mom. Isn’t he the cutest little thing?
“Choccy is now 4 weeks old, Our deputy Bethan is doing a great job of caring for him around the clock to give him every chance of survival. He is very slowly gaining weight, we are all rooting for him,” Cats Protection Bridgend Adoption Center wrote.
Choccy, just 4 weeks old, was rejected by his cat mom. Here he is getting some love from his care taker.​
Choccy gives his foster mom a hug.​
Deputy Bethan of Cats Protection Bridgend Adoption Center has been caring for the tiny ball of fur, bottle feeding him round the clock to give him every chance of survival.​
Choccy has put on some weight and is getting stronger every day.​

Forum List

Back