Kitty rescue stories....

A man spent days searching for a crying kitten. His determination not only saved a life, but also gave this tiny calico something she always wanted – a home and a new mom who looks just like her.

Photo by Michael Sullivan
Michael Sullivan shared the story with Love Meow: “I own a print shop in Kaneohe, Hawaii. One day from the back of my shop I kept hearing a noise I thought to be a meow. I went out and investigated but just couldn’t find anything. A few days went by and nothing. Then I heard it again. I was determined to find it.

There was a locked area another shop had access to where I didn’t search earlier. The noise was coming from atop a crudely built storage space under a stairwell. It was too tall so I came back with a ladder and that’s where I found ‘Fluffy’ all alone.”

Little Fluffy fell asleep in her rescuer’s pocket while he was caring for her around the clock.

“It was impossible for any cat to have been in that space. I came to the conclusion that someone had thrown the poor baby up there and left her to die. I immediately took steps to make sure she was going to live. My son took great care to make sure she was fed.”

Finally calmed a bit and taking a nap….

Michael’s son made sure the kitten was fed and happy.

“Now officially called Fluffy she has found a forever home with a friend that has two older cats who were accepting.”

One of the cats that adopted her looks just like Fluffy!

Photo from Michael Sullivan
“She’s quite the playful one and my heart is happy…..even though I do miss her. I’m always thrilled when I get a photo via text to see how she’s doing. So happy I saved her life.”

Fluffy is all grown up and loves hogging the sink.

Photo from Michael Sullivan

possum thinks, "Yea...

... but when the excitement dies down...

... an' ya thinks dey's yer buddy...

... dey'll smack ya onna nose.

A kind woman was surprised by what she found on her porch one night – something she had never seen before.

A tiny one-day-old kitten came into their lives by surprise!

Photo by Stephanie Penn
Stephanie Penn shares the story with Love Meow: “I came home around ten one night. I saw a cat I’d never seen before in the front yard.

I didn’t think much about it as we always have new strays. It was trash day so I brought the bin up to the side of the house. If this hadn’t happened I might not have seen her. She had JUST been born-umbilical cord still attached – but she wasn’t born on the porch.

We believe her momma had three total, Angel being the runt, knew she couldn’t care for her and brought her up to our porch.”

They fed her and kept her warm all night. Photo by Stephanie Penn
“Had she wriggled another foot, she’d have been under the furniture and I would never had seen her.” Stephanie fed the little baby and kept her warm all night.

“Hubby was out of the country but coming home the next day. On his way home he got kitten milk, bottles and… get this… little fuzzy mice toys. (as if she could play with them at one day old).”

“We’ve decided to name her Angel. If you look down on her back it looks as if she has angel wings on her shoulders.”

Angel’s first nap in her forever home. Photo by Stephanie Penn
“We fed her, kept her in a box wrapped with a heating blanket and stimulated her to pee and held onto her for dear life.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
“I would play ‘Beautiful Girl’ by Sarah McLachlan near her box. ‘We’re gonna push on through, pretty girl, Just like we always do, beautiful girl, I know the world can be cruel, pretty girl, You’re gonna make it ’cause you’ve got love on your side’ I know. I’m a sap.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
“I was actually beginning a nine day off stint from work, and hubby usually works from home. I took night shift, he took day shift, and the other six ferals-turned-love bugs watched over her intermittently.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
“At home, we have kits weighing from 6-18 pounds, but little bruiser Angel holds her own and then some. The others are all aware of how tiny she is and they take very good care of her.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
“October 30, 2015 she will be six months. Despite being only four pounds, the vet says she’s puuuuurrrrrfectly healthy.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
“We are especially blessed to have grown her. ‘Little kitty fast kitty, Romp romp romp, Baby kitty teething kitty, Chomp chomp chomp.”

Photo by Stephanie Penn
Angel now! She is very loved in the place she calls her forever home!

Photo by Stephanie Penn

Just rescued 4, 3-4 month olds in a garage, and have today and tomorrow to make them unferal (if such a word!)

It's a wonder what FOOD does to hungry little cats as far as TRUST and losing their built in fear of everything!.... 2 lbs. of Deli Ham, me and them in an 8x8 former closet, and a big blanket on the floor and plenty of toys..... Just takes TIME and they are so young, have 3 of the 4 already walking all over me to get the ham, and they found out that PETS, and LOVE, make the real difference...of course there is always that ONE that hold back, but orange females are known for being headstrong! Love the purrs that started right after the first one got his taste of ham..... almost like....WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!

Just rescued 4, 3-4 month olds in a garage, and have today and tomorrow to make them unferal (if such a word!)

It's a wonder what FOOD does to hungry little cats as far as TRUST and losing their built in fear of everything!.... 2 lbs. of Deli Ham, me and them in an 8x8 former closet, and a big blanket on the floor and plenty of toys..... Just takes TIME and they are so young, have 3 of the 4 already walking all over me to get the ham, and they found out that PETS, and LOVE, make the real difference...of course there is always that ONE that hold back, but orange females are known for being headstrong! Love the purrs that started right after the first one got his taste of ham..... almost like....WHAT WAS THAT!!!!!
Congrats! Vigilante. If I had the space, I'd take in more ferals. As it is, I feed them well and they get fresh goat milk daily. There are at least two, maybe three, feral families sheltering in my barn.

It was nothing short of a miracle when this unconscious stray cat was brought back to life. No one expected this rescue stray would make it through the first night, but love changed everything.

Meet Midna Love the miracle cat!

Photo by 808 Animal Rescue
Max Louie of 808 Animal Rescue received a phone call from a feral cat colony caretaker about a stray that she found lying lifelessly on the ground.

Max Louie shares with Love Meow: “At about midnight, we received a call that a critically ill kitten was being rushed to the vet ER. Shortly after arriving, her heart stopped. The vet brought her back to life, and she was immediately put on life support with a staff member by her side every second.

This 4-6 month old baby is a real fighter!”

Follow 808 Animal Rescue: Instagram | Facebook | How you can help

They worried that Midna might not make it through the night. “Another vet explained that she would have a less-than 1% chance of recovering to the point where she could leave the ER. The estimated bill to merely attempt to save her life would be $7,000-$10,000.

We decided to give this baby a chance to decide on her own by doing what we could on our end. We asked for at least 24-hours of the works: life-support, blood transfusions from a donor cat, antibiotics, vitamins, fluids, and continual monitoring. We prayed all night for her survival and happiness.”

Max went to the back to check on the cat. “She was just lying there unconscious, so I petted her. As soon as I did that, her eyes opened for a brief moment. It was then I knew the cat was still there fighting, and she was going to be ok,” Louie said.

That night, they made sure Midna got the care she needed along with a lot of love to help her recover. The next day, all the hard work paid off. Midna opened her eyes and even started eating on her own.

“The next day, we learned that not only had she regained consciousness, but she was alert and eating! Her platelets and red blood cell count were critically low so she received more blood transfusions and a few more days in the ER.”

This is Midna showing how resilient and strong she truly is. “Just one day after coding and being resuscitated, here she is, curious and lively like the kitten she should be.”

On day three, Midna was her kitty self again. “We got to see her fully awake and get to know her personality–she is the absolute sweetest, most affectionate, loving kitty ever.”

The kitten who had a less-than-1% chance of leaving the hospital went home with Max and his wife on the 5th day.

“She needed around-the-clock medication for weeks. My wife and I lost a lot of sleep (“If I take her 1am can you take her 6am?” “Deal.”), but she was so worth it.”

12080639_1501012726889745_376700754_n.jpg

“This baby was named Midna Love, after a fictional character of a powerful spirit who died and came back to life to guide the living. Today, Midna lives up to her name and is a loving, lively miracle! You would never know she had any health challenge in her young life.

Over the last couple of weeks she has been gaining back her healthy weight and getting more comfy around her humans. We are so fortunate to have found her when we did.”

Now Midna is ready for her forever loving home!

12093792_1480692282261126_515531035_n.jpg

She was just a few hours old when a kind young woman found her lying on the side of the road. Look at the difference love makes!

Meet Pixie!

11750630_484668918364743_6753864930784895261_n.jpg

Photo by Danane Georganta
Danane Georganta
shares the story: “She is a stray kitten who I found when she was only a few hours old. She was probably abandoned by her mother and I had to feed her every 2-3 hours, even in the night.

She was a lot of work but I’m glad she made it and is now a happy kitten! She’s very playful and poops a lot.”

Pixie at just a few days old, and her eyes hadn’t opened…

11375392_1599807070287002_638286007_n.jpg

She was very tiny but had a huge appetite.

11931267_622846947856254_239030615_n.jpg

As soon as her eyes opened, her purrsonality was unleashed!

11910456_1652623388285801_934913576_n.jpg

She became the center of attention.

11925749_431542550372275_1387140518_n.jpg

Pixie ate too much on the day she discovered solid food!

11371135_1621074341513233_1567434311_n.jpg

When this tiny kitten was found in a family’s yard, they thought she was very young and hadn’t opened her eyes, but when the rescuers took her in, they realized the little ginger girl was born without eyes.

Photo by Wags 2 Wishes Animal Rescue
Volunteers took her to the vet. “That’s when we discovered that the kitten was actually born with no eyes,” Terri Crotty of Wags 2 Wishes Animal Rescue told ABC News. “I honestly think she came from a litter,” Crotty said. “the homeowners looked all over to try to find more kittens because if there’s one, there’s got to be more and there were none.”

They named the little kitten Freya.

Freya can’t see, but she doesn’t think she’s any different. Being blind is not a disability to little ginger girl. She has amazing abilities to help her find her way around and live like a normal playful kitty.

Photo by Wags 2 Wishes Animal Rescue
“She’s very affectionate and she loves people… She wants nothing more than to love on you and be close to you and snuggle you,” Crotty said.

Little Freya has received surgery to close her eye sockets to minimize the risk of infection and is now doing well in her foster home.

“The cat will be able to live a normal life. It’s just going to take a very special person to make that adjustment,” Crotty said.

Two little rescue kittens are now learning how to drink from a bottle and even eat on their own after being saved by workers of a waste facility who found them in a garbage truck.

Photo by James Kozanecki via twitter
When the workers heard meowing coming from a garbage truck, they stopped everything and started looking for the kittens.

“Thankfully they made it through the waste production thing without being squished and someone saved them just before they went into the proper machinery,” Shannon Langford-Salisbury, education officer of ACTNwaste, told Daily Mail.

“Some of the guys heard them crying and pulled them out of the bin. They were really dirty as it is so dusty in there and they were dehydrated and underweight.”

“It is an absolute miracle that they survived. They would have been thrown into the garbage truck which does crush the boxes, so they could have been crushed then.

“I just grabbed them, put them in my shirt and decided to take them home so I could look after them.”

Shannon took the kittens to the vet and got them treatment for infections.

“So we’re taking them on board and we’re going to try and look after them until we can find them proper homes.”

She named the kittens Piglet and Steve Buscemi after the Boardwalk Empire actor. Her housemate, James Kozanecki, decided he would take on the mother role and try to nurse the kittens with a bottle for the very first time.

He was a bit new to the whole thing and struggled a little bit at the beginning, but soon he got a hang of it :).

“The kittens loved my hoodie last night,” James wrote via twitter.

The fur babies have fallen in love with their new dad.

A week ago, a tiny gray kitten was born but somehow left behind crawling hopelessly on the street after the pouring rain, but the little guy’s fate was changed when a kind woman spotted him and gave him a new family.

12238336_1721771068055775_3730242749300564628_o.jpg

Bruce the cat at Facebook
Bruce was born somewhere in Kingsland, Auckland. Kathryn van Beek spotted this palm-sized ball of gray fluff crawling down on the roadside all by himself and soaking wet.

She checked with the neighbors to see if he belonged to anyone but no one claimed the little kitten. Kathryn knew this little one needed a family and someone to care of him, and she was going to make it happen.

Follow Bruce the cat on Facebook

He was no more than a day old, so young that his umbilical cord was still attached. Despite his tough beginning into this world, this little fluff ball fought hard to survive.

12185149_1721240404775508_5912426656262876025_o.jpg

The around the clock care began as they slowly nursed the little fragile life back to health and breathed strength into this tiny body.

“My mum and dad think that getting up every two hours, smelling like milk all the time and arguing about who is better at getting me to sleep is probably not too dissimilar from being the parent of a human,” the page says.

12186765_1721240461442169_6207817210148229002_o.jpg

Dad’s turn to feed their tiny fur baby. It’s a labor of love, worth every second.

887496_1721240388108843_3139252979819878400_o.jpg

After a full bottle of noms, kitty is content with a nap in her comfy blankie.

11015468_1721751154724433_2154017116721572316_o.jpg

A hug from the kitten to the human he feels so thankful to.

12184063_1721511288081753_9169485956774401501_o.jpg

Bruce is thriving in his new home. It’s good to feel loved and have somewhere to belong.

12194568_1721240441442171_4804707518244108986_o.jpg

A tiny orphan kitten was saved from drowning thanks to a 4 year old.

A 4 year old boy heard the faint cries of a kitten in the deep storm drain in front of Hocutt-Ellington Memorial Library while he was on his way to pre-school with his mother. As soon as they got to school, they asked their teacher to call the Clayton Police Department.

keyframes.jpg

When the fire crew arrived, they jumped into action to rescue the crying kitten. Firefighter Daryle Harris went into one drain while Captain Mitch Boyette climbed down into the drain on the other side of the street.

12187944_934243059958753_4200850868223542135_n.jpg

They worked together to coax the kitten out to safety. “Despite the cold and damp – and front paws worn raw from trying to escape the pipe – the cat is in good condition,” according to animal control officer Angela Lee.

The little fur buddy has been taken in by Alley Cats and Angels and will be put up for adoption soon. “She is currently at our vet (Dr. Teresa Danford, Raleigh Community Animal Hospital) right now getting checked out. It is a girl. We’ve named her Camden after the little boy that heard her crying,” Alley Cats and Angels told Love Meow.

12190800_1074807522584098_8412818690174308898_n.jpg

Raleigh Community Animal Hospital

A tiny 1.5 pound rescue kitten came to the vet with a seriously injured paw. She didn’t want to eat at all, but when someone started petting her, it changed everything!

Kitten-Severed-Leg-1.jpg

“When I opened the cardboard box that contained the kitten, I saw a little white and gray kitten who promptly hissed at me,” Dr. Ostermann of the Tails of a Shelter Vet wrote.

They immediately started her on treatment to make her comfortable and fight the infection that was already underway.

“We gave her food and a comfy padded bed. Although she had food available to her, she showed no interest. It was discovered that she would only eat when she was petted, and she would promptly stop eating when the petting stopped. With that being the case, the shelter staff made sure to oblige the kitten by providing her the extra attention so as to ensure she received her proper nutrition.”

The vet team at the shelter fixed up her bad leg in a surgery and “the kitten recovered quickly from anesthesia on a warm comfy bed with food and lots of petting to stimulate her to eat.”

Kitten-Severed-Leg-6.jpg

The kitten started to learn to trust and love. With a lot of help from the veterinarians, she finished all food she needed to get stronger and the little buddy recovered quickly.

“She healed up and a rescue took her in to find her a forever home,” Tails of a Shelter Vet told Love Meow.

Kitten-Severed-Leg-5.jpg

Sometimes all they need is just love :).

These two kittens were found abandoned on a busy highway wrapped in a blanket, but the kindness from a woman altered their lives completely.

Photo by Malia M.
Malia M. shares the story with Love Meow: “Bo and Marlo were found wrapped in a blanket on the side of a busy highway. Their rescuer saw the blanket moving on the side of the road and pulled over to find two small kittens who had either been tossed from a car or abandoned on the side of the highway, wrapped tightly in a blanket. She rushed home with the kittens, cleaned them up and warmed them, cared for and fed them, and started looking for a home amongst friends.”

More info: imgur

Bo, the day she was found.

Photo by Malia M.
“Several weeks passed and a home could not be found. Around the same time, I was temporarily staying with friends until an apartment was ready. Through mutual friends, I learned that these two small kittens could not find a home, and their temporary foster parents could not keep them much longer. After speaking with my housemates, they agreed that these babies could live with us until I was able to move into my new apartment in a few weeks.”

Having a bath. They were both very dirty and needed some TLC.

Photo by Malia M.
“I’m so thankful for the people who rescued these two sisters, for everyone that supported me until that apartment was available, and for these two kitties who show so much affection for each other and for us! They are very social – Bo loves people and loves a party, especially – and welcoming to everyone they meet.”

Photo by Malia M.
They love to play and climb on their temporary foster dad.

Photo by Malia M.
Bo and Marlo are very bonded and cuddle often.

Photo by Malia M.
A few months later, they are still cuddling.

Photo by Malia M.
“They don’t often go too far away from me. I had to set up a ‘cat bed’ area next to my computer while I worked because they wanted to be close to me.”

Photo by Malia M.
All grown up now! “They are very close to each other and to me (and my husband), and are the sweetest cats I’ve ever known.”

Photo by Malia M.
What rescuing can do!

A young man looks after a stray cat and her little one. The mom cat has a very special mark on her coat. “It’s shown very clearly by her love for her little one and the love I have for the two of them.”

7-DHblFaP.jpg

Photo by Sid Balakrishnan
“This cat and I have a strange history – I saved her from being killed by stray dogs and gave her to the security guards at our apartment complex to look after, because my job was in a bad place and I didn’t know if I would be staying long enough to take on keeping her as a pet.

Things eventually worked out in the long run and most mornings I’d wake up to find her on my doormat, fast asleep or rummaging through my trash. She disappeared for a time and suddenly made a return about two months ago, heavily pregnant.

She had a litter of four kittens, of which three didn’t make it, leaving this one as the lone survivor.”

1-9qn0fR9.jpg

“I’ve been going through a rather emotional period and the sudden and dramatic entry of these two into my life almost seems like a sign from the universe – these were the thoughts that hit me first when I noticed the heart on her belly. It’s shown very clearly by her love for her little one and the love I have for the two of them.

These two give me some stability and something to look forward to when I come home.”

“When the little was just born, she used to bring her down from the terrace just so I could see her. She would then gently place her on the doormat (which I covered with an old pillowcase to make it softer) and choose to sleep on the floor.”

2-97f2hb8.jpg

Sid is planning to have the mother and her kitten spayed when they are ready. “I don’t think that I adopted them as much as they chose to love me in particular… I’ll be trying to make them a part of my family as soon as we can establish some strong bonds of trust, because she’s still somewhat feral in her behaviour, though her young one doesn’t have to grow up that way.”

Kitten enjoying his first belly rubs.

“These two have been the greatest thing to become a part of my life and it’s amazing how endearing they’ve become by their dependence on me.”

He bought the kitten a mouse toy and hours later found her like this…

3-7rkMkNh.jpg

This tiny kitten showed up on a family’s porch with no mother in sight. Soon they knew that the kitten had chosen their house as his new home.

Osldeh8.jpg

imgur
“(His) mother had 4 kittens total but this one has been hanging out alone on my porch for a few days with no evidence that momma will come and get him.” imgur user CinnamonSugar wrote.

The kitten kept coming to their front porch, so they knew they had to take him in as he had chosen their place as his new home.

They named him Hershey!

He is so tiny that he’s the size of a banana!

D65b0cb.jpg

imgur
It didn’t take long for the kitty’s purrsonality to come out! He’s extremely playful!

ShAd8hM.jpg

imgur
The cat in the background isn’t so sure about the new member in the family, but they know that will change :).

VteqcTq.jpg

imgur

This little kitty came from a junk yard and was barely hanging on. The moment she started cuddling with her rescuers, she couldn’t stop. This is what a second chance can do.

“She was with a group of 11 cats. All of their ears nipped. The rest of them eat well, but don’t let her get any. She was in horrible shaped compared to the rest,” reddit user CassieD21 wrote.

“The others are well taken care of. Their bellies full and nice coats. This one was barely hanging on.” (More info: reddit)

When they spotted the emaciated kitty, they went into rescue. Once the kitten was coaxed into the box with a large blanket, they got on their way to bring the kitty to their home.

The little calico was drenched in oil. “I did bathe her. Twice! Her coat went from dark gray clumpy to a soft white calico. I would have never guessed. I’ve checked inside her ears several times. That is dried oil in her ears,” they wrote.

“She was very light sensitive due to the fact her eyes kept closing shut. But now she sees perfectly fine. Her pupils were highly dilated for the first couple days. ”

They wrapped her up in a sweater to keep her warm and cuddled with her all night. The kitty named Lulu started to perk up while she was snuggling in their arms.

“She can’t stop purring and wants to be loved. Either in your lap, while you sleep, or rubbing your leg. She’s too cute!”

“After my 25 year old tabby passed I didn’t get another. I decided to adopt her because she NEEDED a good home. She was severely malnourished, covered in oil, eyes constantly closed shut, etc. She needed someone to take care of her and give her some love. Now she has my SO, my lab-Miles, and I. A perfect home. (Oh and an aquarium to stare at)”

Her favorite spot to nap at night.

When Lulu is not snuggling with her humans, she cuddles with their laundry.

She can’t get enough of the softness.

She would take any chance for a cuddle.

It’s hard to believe that this is the same cat from the junk yard. Lulu has come so far and is now loving every bit of her new life.

Every cat deserves a second chance.
FACT! Cats have such a bad rep.
I got a little guy now with a cast on his shattered right rear leg cuddled up in my lap...wouldn't want it any other way...he KNOWS his life has just been saved.

i work full time and half my pay goes to my many cats at home and my 40-50 feral colonies i take care of daily.
No wife, no kids. I'm smart.

Peanut was just half of the size of his brother when they found him. No one expected him to live pass the first few weeks, but this tiny ball of fur is nothing short of a miracle.

Photo by Gina Tucker
Peanut was born with a cleft palette (inside his mouth), which means he was unable to nurse from his mama or a bottle because of his birth defect. At 9 days old, he was hanging in strong, even though he only weighed 79 grams.

They had to feed him through a tube around the clock until they could have his cleft palette corrected so he could eat on his own. “It was a challenge tube feeding a kitten no bigger than a mouse, but he began to grow,” said Gina Tucker.

More info: Masion De Chat Cat Rescue | How you can help/donate

Photo by Gina Tucker
He was so tiny but started gaining weight every day with help from his human parents who went through many sleepless nights to make sure this little buddy got enough nutrition for his tiny body to grow.

“He is almost 4 weeks old, still have trouble with the milk getting in his nose even though I’m tube feeding, it’s a battle for both of us,” Gina shared updates on Facebook.

At 41 days old, Peanut finally started to play with objects.

Photo by Gina Tucker
“With cleft palette babies, Pneumonia is an issue, We went through two rounds of pneumonia, but his vets brought him through it.”

Peanut cuddling with human dad. He never stopped fighting even though some days were tough.

Photo by Gina Tucker
“Peanut was a little behind on his learning because of the cleft palate, kind of like a preemie baby, at 49 days old he is catching up, he has started making biscuits, running and jumping with an arched back, follows me around the house, is very vocal and likes to play fight and bite. He stays out of his play pen all day now and only goes in it at night,” Gina wrote on Facebook.

10177320_10201206044750482_8215557059126831968_n.jpg

Photo by Gina Tucker
Finally Peanut reached two pounds and was ready to have his cleft palette corrected.

“He has come a long way and the vets are quite surprised… He is a spoiled little kitten and very loved.”

12235077_10201235486966519_6286679481612095328_n.jpg

Photo by Gina Tucker
“Peanut is such a Daddy’s boy, always gets up by his neck and snuggles, then he wants to play fight with me.”

12208342_10201250729027561_5379484789330195336_n.jpg

Photo by Gina Tucker
Little Peanut supervising his humans while they do the dishes!
simple-smile.png

12243595_10201240646655508_4280316162474033754_n.jpg

Photo by Gina Tucker
“This little guy is truly a miracle kitty, No one expected him to live anymore than a few weeks and here he is giving the doctors a hard time. My heart is filled with so much admiration for this tiny kitten that has so much will to live.”

12308318_10201279502026868_153129719554458929_n.jpg

Photo by Gina Tucker
At the age of 6 months, this strong willed little boy is taking his first bites! He’s come a long way!

Three tiny orphaned kittens found an unusual mother, a dog who can’t see but it didn’t stop her from loving her feline babies.

The kittens were so young their eyes weren’t even opened. When the family brought the rescue babies home, they were in need of a lot of motherly love, so the family decided to introduce the kittens to their dog who had lost her eye sight to cataract, but had always had a soft spot for those in need.

To their surprise, the kittens immediately nuzzled into the dog’s fur and even tried to nurse while their dog accepted them by giving them baths and love.

It was a strong bond from the start!

More info: Akiko.

Three orphaned kittens got a new mom to snuggle with.

Photo by ŠAkiko.
Their canine foster mom can’t see, but it doesn’t stop her from loving her fur babies.

Photo by ŠAkiko.
6983801753_3fcd140632_z.jpg

Photo by ŠAkiko.
Thanks to their blind foster mom, the kitties grew big and strong and were all adopted to their forever loving homes.

6968506980_5b5cf85016_h.jpg

Photo by ŠAkiko.

Meet Trinity! She had waited in the shelter for a long time. Many people passed her by because she wasn’t a ‘whole cat’ until a couple came into her life and thought she’s perfect!

Trinity at the Humane Society couldn’t find a home because she was missing a leg. | Photo by Sondra via imgur
Sondra shares the story with Love Meow: “She was skittish and terrified of the people looking for companions. Families were passing her by for two reasons. 1.) She wasn’t a ‘whole’ cat, and 2.) she was hissing and growling at everyone who opened the door to her cage.

She was 10 days out of surgery at this point. I do not know what the reason for the removal of the leg was, and when we heard the second story I stopped asking.”

They decided she was the perfect kitty to take home. “I knew that the next time I adopted a cat I was going to get a special needs kitty.”

More info: imgur | reddit

“This is our dedicated cat room, and she immediately hid under/behind the 200+ pound TV.”

Photo by Sondra via imgur
“She inched her way out after a few hours of solitude to get used to her surroundings/new home.”

First meeting with Gaia the cat. “At this point in time Gaia was 2.5 years old, and Trinity was just a few days over 2 months.”

“Trinity and her brother, Chewbacca (Chewie).” They hit it off very quickly.

“This was when we first got Trinity. The bond these two developed in such a short amount of time was astounding.”

22-Just-a-cuddle-I-swear.jpg

“Our cats take care of cleaning the ear that Trinity can’t reach, which is just awesome. They sometimes act ‘in loco parentis’ for her.”

DxsMFkJ.jpg

“These two have become best buds. While they look it, they are not related.”

25-j57BK4b.jpg

It’s hard to believe this is the same cat they met at the shelter. All it took was a second chance.

She knows she’s perfect!

27-Chillin.jpg

This little kitty came from a junk yard and was barely hanging on. The moment she started cuddling with her rescuers, she couldn’t stop. This is what a second chance can do.

“She was with a group of 11 cats. All of their ears nipped. The rest of them eat well, but don’t let her get any. She was in horrible shaped compared to the rest,” reddit user CassieD21 wrote.

“The others are well taken care of. Their bellies full and nice coats. This one was barely hanging on.” (More info: reddit)

When they spotted the emaciated kitty, they went into rescue. Once the kitten was coaxed into the box with a large blanket, they got on their way to bring the kitty to their home.

The little calico was drenched in oil. “I did bathe her. Twice! Her coat went from dark gray clumpy to a soft white calico. I would have never guessed. I’ve checked inside her ears several times. That is dried oil in her ears,” they wrote.

“She was very light sensitive due to the fact her eyes kept closing shut. But now she sees perfectly fine. Her pupils were highly dilated for the first couple days. ”

They wrapped her up in a sweater to keep her warm and cuddled with her all night. The kitty named Lulu started to perk up while she was snuggling in their arms.

“She can’t stop purring and wants to be loved. Either in your lap, while you sleep, or rubbing your leg. She’s too cute!”

“After my 25 year old tabby passed I didn’t get another. I decided to adopt her because she NEEDED a good home. She was severely malnourished, covered in oil, eyes constantly closed shut, etc. She needed someone to take care of her and give her some love. Now she has my SO, my lab-Miles, and I. A perfect home. (Oh and an aquarium to stare at)”

Her favorite spot to nap at night.

When Lulu is not snuggling with her humans, she cuddles with their laundry.

She can’t get enough of the softness.

She would take any chance for a cuddle.

It’s hard to believe that this is the same cat from the junk yard. Lulu has come so far and is now loving every bit of her new life.

Every cat deserves a second chance.
FACT! Cats have such a bad rep.
I got a little guy now with a cast on his shattered right rear leg cuddled up in my lap...wouldn't want it any other way...he KNOWS his life has just been saved.

i work full time and half my pay goes to my many cats at home and my 40-50 feral colonies i take care of daily.
No wife, no kids. I'm smart.
My feral cats get daily fresh goat milk and dry kibble. In return, I get no mice in my feed. I have a grown daughter and two granddaughters, but I support my little feral colony. Kudos to you, cat-friend.

Forum List

Back