Kerry: ‘Israel Can Either Be Jewish or Democratic — It Cannot Be Both’

:wtf:

VIDEO: John Kerry sticks his tongue out dozens of times during anti-Israel speech - The American Mirror

"Somebody get John Kerry a glass of water!

During the Secretary of State’s browbeating Israel speech this morning, he stuck his tongue out, often bizarrely, dozens times during the roughly 73-minute address."

'Water' hell - the dude is 'MENTAL'!
It's because he's 90% snake
or one of these guys

47939e549f1789f00f856acca9adbca9.jpg

John Kerry Rebukes Israel and Calls Settlements a Threat to Peace (Video)

Israel is a small country of 8 million people, only 6 million of them Jews, and its annual gross domestic product, at around $300 billion, is similar to that of Denmark and Ireland (both less populous countries, so Israel is poorer than they per capita). Nobody much really cares in world affairs if Denmark gets in a snit about something, though to be fair the Danes haven’t really gotten in many snits in recent centuries.

I suppose center-right Danish PM Lars Løkke Rasmussen is capable of making noise about issues he cares about, but I haven’t ever even once seen him on American television.

One difference between Denmark and Israel is that the US Israel lobbies have extorted from the American people something on the order of $124 billion in aid for Israel, and President Barack Obama just authorized another $38 bn for Tel Aviv over the next ten years. Israel thus has an enormous military arsenal and a stockpile of several hundred nuclear warheads. The figures do not count all the indirect ways the US aids the Israeli economy. Although the Israel lobbies maintain that the US gets security help from Israel in the Middle East in return, actually Israel has sat out the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, the recent struggle against Daesh/ ISIL in Syria and Iraq, etc., etc. It is only fair to say that the US would not have wanted Israeli participation, because its reputation is so poisonous in the region that such participation would do more harm than good. But nevertheless, if Israel couldn’t help in any of these crises, it isn’t actually very useful. Worse, Israel’s often creepy policies against the stateless Palestinians cause security problems for the United States.

Israeli Ministers Throw Trump-Like Tantrums After U.N. Security Council Slam

Well your post has no fucking credibility what so ever when it claimed that Israel purposely stayed out of the gulf wars..

We fucking told them to stay the hell out of it.

I rather think that is why the author stated it as such:

It is only fair to say that the US would not have wanted Israeli participation, because its reputation is so poisonous in the region that such participation would do more harm than good. But nevertheless, if Israel couldn’t help in any of these crises, it isn’t actually very useful. Worse, Israel’s often creepy policies against the stateless Palestinians cause security problems for the United States.

And as I read it the point was that the argument that the US gets much in terms of security assistance in return for US taxpayer funding and armament was false. You are free to come to another conclusion if you like. Apologies for enlightening you as to other views.

The video was absolute propaganda. It's a false dichotomy and a propagandistic meme. No one is asking the Israelis to lay down their arms. The world is asking that the Israelis stop the oppression of millions of people. If the oppression stopped and the Muslims and Christians were treated like human beings by the Jews and allowed to exercise their civil rights a return to the land that was stolen from them, why would Israel disappear?

1. I asked this:
'Propaganda' suggests the opposite of truth. Perhaps you could point out any such content in the video.

You didn't, so I'll conclude that you can't because it is totally true.

2. "If the oppression stopped and the Muslims and Christians were treated like human beings by the Jews and allowed to exercise their civil rights a return to the land that was stolen from them,..."
Actually, I spent a few weeks in Israel this summer...and a great deal of time at Christian Holy Sites
None of what you claim is true.

3. "...the land that was stolen from them."
Now...watch as I rip one who is one a new one:
No land was stolen from the Arabs:
"Until the passage of the Turkish Land Registry Law in 1858,
there were no official deeds to attest to a man's legal title to a parcel
of land; tradition alone had to suffice to establish such title— and
usually it did. And yet, the position of Palestine's farmers was a
precarious one, for there were constant blood-feuds between families,
clans and entire villages, as well as periodic incursions by rapacious Bedouin tribes...

When considering Jewish land purchases and settlements, four
factors should be borne in mind:

(1) Most of the land purchases involved large tracts belonging to
absentee owners.
(Virtually all of the Jezreel Valley, for
example, belonged in 1897 to only two persons: the eastern
portion to the Turkish Sultan, and the western part to the
richest banker in Syria, Sursuk "the Greek".)

(2) Most of the land purchased had not been cultivated previously
because it was swampy, rocky, sandy or, for some other reason,
regarded as uncultivable. This is supported by the findings of
the Peel Commission Report (p. 242): "The Arab charge that
the Jews have obtained too large a proportion of good land
cannot be maintained. Much of the land now carrying orange
groves was sand dunes or swamp and uncultivated when it
was purchased . . . there was at the time at least of the earlier
sales little evidence that the owners possessed either the re-
sources or training needed to develop the land." (1937)

(3) While, for this reason, the early transactions did not involve
unduly large sums of money, the price of land began to rise
as Arab landowners took advantage of the growing demand for
rural tracts. The resulting infusion of capital into the
Palestinian economy had noticeable beneficial effects on the
standard of living of all the inhabitants.

(4) The Jewish pioneers introduced new farming methods which
improved the soil and crop cultivation and were soon emulated
by Arab farmers.

(According to the
Turkish census of 1875, by that time Jews already constituted a
majority of the population of Jerusalem and by 1905 comprised
two-thirds of its citizens. The Encyclopaedia Britannica of 1910
gives the population figure as 60,000, of whom 40,000 were Jews.)"
http://wordfromjerusalem.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/the-case-for-israel-appendix2.pdf

King Abdallah of Jordan complains several times in his memoirs about Jews acquiring land in Palestine. Not once does he accuse the Jews of stealing it from the Arabs. Each time he mentions it, the complaint is how much land they are buying:

 "... the fears of the Arab political leaders are supported by the fact that the sale of land continues unrestricted and every day one piece of land after another is torn from the hands of the Arabs.
 8 King Abdallah of Jordan, My Memoirs Completed (Al-Takmilah), Pg. 81. In a letter written to the High Commissioner for Transjordan, Sir Arthur Wauchope on July 25, 1934.

"According to my information the Jews have requested the continuance of the mandate so that they can buy up more land and bring in additional immigrants. No other country has gone through such a trial as Palestine.
 9 King Abdallah of Jordan, My Memoirs Completed (Al-Takmilah), Pg. 88. In a letter written to 'Abd al-Hamid Sa'id on June 5, 1938.

• "Of course, the Zionists bought the land from Arab landholders, who moved to cities or even left the country. They were all too willing to sell, for the price paid by the purchasers was often many times more than anyone else would or could pay." 32 Crist, Raymond E. "Land for the Fellahin, VIII: Land Tenure and Land Use in the Near East".American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Jul., 1959). 415

"The land policy of the Zionist movement in the pre-state era was based on purchase of land on the open market by Jewish institutions (mainly the JNF) and subsequent freezing of the ownership so as to ensure that the purchased land would be in Jewish hands in perpetuity." Kretzmer, David. The Legal Status of the Arabs in Israel. Boulder: Westview Press, 1990. 50.
Middle East Piece - Jewish Land Purchase and Dispossession

What is clear is that you are a lying windbag, and no more than a mere garden variety Antisemite.

That's true, isn't it.

Posting Zionist propaganda does not make it a fact, here are the facts from source documents:

Jews owned less than 6% of the land in 1943. Per the UN commissioned Anglo-American Commission of Inquiry for the Survey of Palestine.

View attachment 104208

A Survey of Palestine Volume 2 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

And from the Partition resolution itself. UN A/364 The Arabs still owned 85% of the land:

"164. The Arab population, despite the strenuous efforts of Jews to acquire land in Palestine, at present remains in possession of approximately 85 per cent of the land. The provisions of the land transfer regulations of 1940, which gave effect to the 1939 White Paper policy, have severely restricted the Jewish efforts to acquire new land."

A/364 of 3 September 1947

But the Torah states God made a convent with the Jewish People. It is their land according to God. Or should only Muslim religious beliefs be respected?

Please be succinct and clear in your response. Thank you.
No, I certainly do not support Israel's right to exist as a Jewish theocracy. And I do not believe that people that people that practice Judaism have the right to expel native non-Jews from their lands.

The question was not qualified. Does the Jewish State of Israel have the right to exist? You clearly state no.

So do you agree since Israel does not have a right to exist that Hamas is correct and "The Jews should be driven into the sea?" Obviously there can be no two State solution in your view, but do you support the genocide of the Jewish people as well?

No, I believe that the whole of Palestine should be a secular state where the native Muslims and Christians should have rights equal to the Jews who migrated there from Europe and other lands during and after the Mandate.

What about the Jews who were there BEFORE the British Mandate?

They can be equal as well.

Israel is a small country of 8 million people, only 6 million of them Jews, and its annual gross domestic product, at around $300 billion, is similar to that of Denmark and Ireland (both less populous countries, so Israel is poorer than they per capita). Nobody much really cares in world affairs if Denmark gets in a snit about something, though to be fair the Danes haven’t really gotten in many snits in recent centuries.

I suppose center-right Danish PM Lars Løkke Rasmussen is capable of making noise about issues he cares about, but I haven’t ever even once seen him on American television.

One difference between Denmark and Israel is that the US Israel lobbies have extorted from the American people something on the order of $124 billion in aid for Israel, and President Barack Obama just authorized another $38 bn for Tel Aviv over the next ten years. Israel thus has an enormous military arsenal and a stockpile of several hundred nuclear warheads. The figures do not count all the indirect ways the US aids the Israeli economy. Although the Israel lobbies maintain that the US gets security help from Israel in the Middle East in return, actually Israel has sat out the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the Afghanistan War, the recent struggle against Daesh/ ISIL in Syria and Iraq, etc., etc. It is only fair to say that the US would not have wanted Israeli participation, because its reputation is so poisonous in the region that such participation would do more harm than good. But nevertheless, if Israel couldn’t help in any of these crises, it isn’t actually very useful. Worse, Israel’s often creepy policies against the stateless Palestinians cause security problems for the United States.

Well your post has no fucking credibility what so ever when it claimed that Israel purposely stayed out of the gulf wars..

It is only fair to say that the US would not have wanted Israeli participation, because its reputation is so poisonous in the region that such participation would do more harm than good. But nevertheless, if Israel couldn’t help in any of these crises, it isn’t actually very useful. Worse, Israel’s often creepy policies against the stateless Palestinians cause security problems for the United States.

And as I read it the point was that the argument that the US gets much in terms of security assistance in return for US taxpayer funding and armament was false. You are free to come to another conclusion if you like. Apologies for enlightening you as to other views.

I know exactly how they write these biased articles.. See how I picked out the bullet points? That's what your ilk picks out and wants to convey.

I know exactly how they write these biased articles.. See how I picked out the bullet points? That's what your ilk picks out and wants to convey.

It's nothing but another opinion, to discuss, or not. And this "ilk" stuff? Obviously you cannot handle the reality that not everyone will see things exactly your way. You might want to come to terms with that someday.

bear wrote: That's what your ilk picks out and wants to convey.

Fenton wrote: And this "ilk" stuff?

Ya'll mean Harvey Ilk?

Who wouldn't LOVE to play poker against Kerry?
The Stolen Valor POS coward traitor 'tells' everytime he's about to tell a lie.
If only he'd been rich enough to buy deferments like Trump instead of actually going to fight in Vietnam, you rubes might be praising him as a hero.
Kerry was a risk to all that served with him. 200 fellow soldiers say so. One came out to defend him, but turned out to be a child molester.

Who wouldn't LOVE to play poker against Kerry?
The Stolen Valor POS coward traitor 'tells' everytime he's about to tell a lie.
If only he'd been rich enough to buy deferments like Trump instead of actually going to fight in Vietnam, you rubes might be praising him as a hero.

Do you like tomatoes?
I paid CK some money and he's deferred me from needing to respond to your question. I assume I'll have your vote now when I run for forum President in a few years.

Lurch is/was a treasonous piece of shit all of his life… Fact

The article is nonsense. Israel's presence and military superiority relieves the US from having to stataion forces in that part of the ME and this has been true since Israel kicked the USSR out of the ME in 1967 and 1973 without any help from the US. If not for Israel, the USSR and its Arab client states would have marched across the ME to the Persian Gulf and held the ME oil supply hostage if the US did not send forces there to stop them. The cost to the US in blood and treasure would have been enormous. No other US ally has ever performed such a great service to the US. During the Cold War this was the only victory the west had over Soviet backed client states.

It was during the 1973 war that the US decided to provide significant aid to Israel because while the Pentagon assured the administration Israel would win that war, if the US was to have a role in shaping the peace that followed, the US would have to seek influence with Israel. Just as Israel was stabilizing influence in the ME during the Cold War, it also is today. All things stop at Israel's borders. Al Qaeda was able to bomb New York and Washington, but despite all its threats, was never able to successfully attack Israel and the same is true of ISIS. If the IDF and Israeli security forces were to stop hunting down Hamas and Islamic Jihad operatives, the Palestinian Authority wouldn't last a week, and as chaos engulfed the Palestinians, the danger soon spread to Jordan. If not for Israel the US would have to choose between sending US forces to stabilize the ME or to just watch it burn. No other US ally performs so great a service to the US, certainly not the deadbeat nations of NATO, despite the enormous cost to the US of defending them, and certainly not our Arab allies who would celebrate any disaster that befell us.

If not for Israel's stabilizing effect in the region, the US would have to send its own forces to the region at great cost in treasure and perhaps in blood, and when you compare that cost to the aid the US provides to Israel, 3/4 of which is spent in the US and is recovered by the federal, state and local governments in taxes, one can only wish other US allies were so capable of defending their own interests and our's at so small a cost as Israel.

Saying that the rejection of Israeli aid in time of war was justified by Israel's poisonous reputation is like saying segregation in the South was justified by the poisonous reputation of black people or discrimination against gays is justified by their poisonous reputation or against Hispanics or Muslims by their poisonous reputations. Clearly, if the author were able to scrounge up a little personal integrity he would change the name of his column from Informed Comment to Blind Bigotry.

There is discrimmination, in the variety of areas and laws which specifically favor Jews. Can you have a religious state and a true democracy? I'm doubtful.

There are no Israeli laws that I am aware of which specifically favor Jews, as a function of the law itself. (There is discrimination without a doubt). If you would wish to discuss this further, please don't refer me to the Adalah site and their "50 laws". I'm already very familiar with that site and not impressed. If you would like to discuss a specific law, which you feel is designed to discriminate against Arabs or Muslims/Christians, please provide the text of the law.

I'm not familiar with the Adalah site. I was thinking of the absentee landowner laws that make it easy for palestinian property to be confiscated, and laws which make it easy for Jews to reclaim property, but more difficult for Palestinians. Laws which allow Jews to more easily bring in Jewish spouses but not Palestinians.

And depending on how one defines a "democracy" and a "religious state", I don't see how the two are incompatible. Thoughts on why you would think that is?

A democracy needs to have equality and equal representation for all it's people. Laws need to treat people equally. If there is preferential treatment of a certain religious group - through which the state is defined, is it truly a democracy? Right now the ambiguous status of the Palestinians - the "Occupied Territories" all work against Israel being truely democratic.

I can not think of a single successful state that is both religious in nature and democratic. I'm not sure it's possible and one reason is that every major religion feels it's own followers are somehow elevated. Religious states have always ended up discriminating.

Oh, fair enough.

But Israel is not a religious state. Thoae who think that have no idea what they're talking about.
I would agree it is not a theocracy. But aren't there tensions even within Israel as to whether it can be bot a Democracy and a Jewish state?

The video was absolute propaganda. It's a false dichotomy and a propagandistic meme. No one is asking the Israelis to lay down their arms. The world is asking that the Israelis stop the oppression of millions of people. If the oppression stopped and the Muslims and Christians were treated like human beings by the Jews and allowed to exercise their civil rights a return to the land that was stolen from them, why would Israel disappear?

1. I asked this:
'Propaganda' suggests the opposite of truth. Perhaps you could point out any such content in the video.

You didn't, so I'll conclude that you can't because it is totally true.

2. "If the oppression stopped and the Muslims and Christians were treated like human beings by the Jews and allowed to exercise their civil rights a return to the land that was stolen from them,..."
Actually, I spent a few weeks in Israel this summer...and a great deal of time at Christian Holy Sites
None of what you claim is true.

3. "...the land that was stolen from them."
Now...watch as I rip one who is one a new one:
No land was stolen from the Arabs:
"Until the passage of the Turkish Land Registry Law in 1858,
there were no official deeds to attest to a man's legal title to a parcel
of land; tradition alone had to suffice to establish such title— and
usually it did. And yet, the position of Palestine's farmers was a
precarious one, for there were constant blood-feuds between families,
clans and entire villages, as well as periodic incursions by rapacious Bedouin tribes...

When considering Jewish land purchases and settlements, four
factors should be borne in mind:

(1) Most of the land purchases involved large tracts belonging to
absentee owners.
(Virtually all of the Jezreel Valley, for
example, belonged in 1897 to only two persons: the eastern
portion to the Turkish Sultan, and the western part to the
richest banker in Syria, Sursuk "the Greek".)

(2) Most of the land purchased had not been cultivated previously
because it was swampy, rocky, sandy or, for some other reason,
regarded as uncultivable. This is supported by the findings of
the Peel Commission Report (p. 242): "The Arab charge that
the Jews have obtained too large a proportion of good land
cannot be maintained. Much of the land now carrying orange
groves was sand dunes or swamp and uncultivated when it
was purchased . . . there was at the time at least of the earlier
sales little evidence that the owners possessed either the re-
sources or training needed to develop the land." (1937)

(3) While, for this reason, the early transactions did not involve
unduly large sums of money, the price of land began to rise
as Arab landowners took advantage of the growing demand for
rural tracts. The resulting infusion of capital into the
Palestinian economy had noticeable beneficial effects on the
standard of living of all the inhabitants.

(4) The Jewish pioneers introduced new farming methods which
improved the soil and crop cultivation and were soon emulated
by Arab farmers.

(According to the
Turkish census of 1875, by that time Jews already constituted a
majority of the population of Jerusalem and by 1905 comprised
two-thirds of its citizens. The Encyclopaedia Britannica of 1910
gives the population figure as 60,000, of whom 40,000 were Jews.)"
http://wordfromjerusalem.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/the-case-for-israel-appendix2.pdf

King Abdallah of Jordan complains several times in his memoirs about Jews acquiring land in Palestine. Not once does he accuse the Jews of stealing it from the Arabs. Each time he mentions it, the complaint is how much land they are buying:

 "... the fears of the Arab political leaders are supported by the fact that the sale of land continues unrestricted and every day one piece of land after another is torn from the hands of the Arabs.
 8 King Abdallah of Jordan, My Memoirs Completed (Al-Takmilah), Pg. 81. In a letter written to the High Commissioner for Transjordan, Sir Arthur Wauchope on July 25, 1934.

"According to my information the Jews have requested the continuance of the mandate so that they can buy up more land and bring in additional immigrants. No other country has gone through such a trial as Palestine.
 9 King Abdallah of Jordan, My Memoirs Completed (Al-Takmilah), Pg. 88. In a letter written to 'Abd al-Hamid Sa'id on June 5, 1938.

• "Of course, the Zionists bought the land from Arab landholders, who moved to cities or even left the country. They were all too willing to sell, for the price paid by the purchasers was often many times more than anyone else would or could pay." 32 Crist, Raymond E. "Land for the Fellahin, VIII: Land Tenure and Land Use in the Near East".American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Jul., 1959). 415

"The land policy of the Zionist movement in the pre-state era was based on purchase of land on the open market by Jewish institutions (mainly the JNF) and subsequent freezing of the ownership so as to ensure that the purchased land would be in Jewish hands in perpetuity." Kretzmer, David. The Legal Status of the Arabs in Israel. Boulder: Westview Press, 1990. 50.
Middle East Piece - Jewish Land Purchase and Dispossession

What is clear is that you are a lying windbag, and no more than a mere garden variety Antisemite.

That's true, isn't it.

Posting Zionist propaganda does not make it a fact, here are the facts from source documents:

Jews owned less than 6% of the land in 1943. Per the UN commissioned Anglo-American Commission of Inquiry for the Survey of Palestine.

View attachment 104208

A Survey of Palestine Volume 2 | Berman Jewish Policy Archive @ Stanford University

And from the Partition resolution itself. UN A/364 The Arabs still owned 85% of the land:

"164. The Arab population, despite the strenuous efforts of Jews to acquire land in Palestine, at present remains in possession of approximately 85 per cent of the land. The provisions of the land transfer regulations of 1940, which gave effect to the 1939 White Paper policy, have severely restricted the Jewish efforts to acquire new land."

A/364 of 3 September 1947

But the Torah states God made a convent with the Jewish People. It is their land according to God. Or should only Muslim religious beliefs be respected?

Please be succinct and clear in your response. Thank you.
No, I certainly do not support Israel's right to exist as a Jewish theocracy. And I do not believe that people that people that practice Judaism have the right to expel native non-Jews from their lands.

The question was not qualified. Does the Jewish State of Israel have the right to exist? You clearly state no.

So do you agree since Israel does not have a right to exist that Hamas is correct and "The Jews should be driven into the sea?" Obviously there can be no two State solution in your view, but do you support the genocide of the Jewish people as well?

No, I believe that the whole of Palestine should be a secular state where the native Muslims and Christians should have rights equal to the Jews who migrated there from Europe and other lands during and after the Mandate.

What about the Jews who were there BEFORE the British Mandate?
They keep getting left out of Monte's equation that includes only Muslims and Christians.

Arab Israeli's have more freedoms and rights in Israel, then they would in any of the other Middle East countries where there aren't any representational forms of government. But all that does beg the question: do they have true equality? I would say no. There is discrimmination, in the variety of areas and laws which specifically favor Jews. Can you have a religious state and a true democracy? I'm doubtful.

Then please, give us examples of what you mean. From what I see here, there is alot of mumbo jumbo from Anti Israelis but little is it covered by actual facts or examples.
I've given examples of it before in other threads, but one would be in the absentee land owner laws.

Forum List

Back