Keith Olbermann: ‘Could Trump Pass A Sanity Test?’

Keith Olbermann?.....and you bitch about some of the people the righties put up saying things about hillary and company?.....hold on a second....View attachment 82422

Well, Smiling Bob, I'm sure this thread is waaaaay over your head. Thanks for playing...
aww whats the matter lakota?.....are you pissed because you looked stupid in that other thread the other day?....you should be used to it,dont get pissed at me,when you are a one sided person who cant tolerate different opinions.....this is what happens,you end up looking bad just about every time you post a thread....like this one....fucking keith olbermann....lol

What's any of this have to do with the article, Harry?
lakota knows.....thats all that matters....

Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about. Probably just another one of your self-declared winner episodes.
sure you dont.....but then anytime you take a smack or two,you just cant seem to remember what someone is talking about....you forget lakota i have been in many of your threads,i know how you are....you may fool the newer people but the ones who have been here?....try again chump....

Keith Olbermann has permanent PMS.

One minute? Wow, you're a fast reader. I salute you, sir.

Olbermann couldn't pass one so why waste time reading what that braindead ass has to say.

So y'all are afraid to read the content. That's my point here.

Either that, or you did read the content, find it inconvenient, have no counter to it, and so poison the well.

It's a toss-up.

Looking back, outside of my first post there's not a single post in this thread that actually addresses the topic. The moaners whine about the writer of the article, the groaners whine about the OP. Does anyone actually delve into topic any more?

What do you think?

Short answer: probably not.

First, several important caveats. There is little worse and nothing cheesier than questioning the psychological stability of a public figure, especially a candidate for president, even in this case.

Except that in his year of campaigning, Donald Trump has called Lindsey Graham “a nut job,” Glenn Beck “a real nut job,” and Bernie Sanders “a wacko.” Trump has insisted Ben Carson’s got a “pathological disease,” and asked of Barack Obama: “Is our president insane?” He called Ted Cruz “unstable,” “unhinged,” “a little bit of a maniac,” and “crazy or very dishonest.” He also called the entire CNBC network “crazy.” He called Megyn Kelly“crazy”—at least six times.

Respectful reticence about aspersions and cliches and mental-health questions in a time in which mocking was seemingly slowly maturing into concern, died a long time ago in this presidential cycle—and it died at Donald Trump’s hands. Moreover, if the question is asked seriously and not gratuitously, just the examination might explain how Trump has seemingly survived dozens of moments that might each have been campaign-enders for almost anybody else. Why have we not asked if a given presidential candidate might be disqualified from office due to psychological reasons? Because we not only can’t see this forest for the trees, but each time we try, there are even more trees blocking our view. In the 24-hour news cycle, each successive John Yerkes Iselin moment is not registered cumulatively; it merely supplants the one from last week. Or yesterday. Or this morning.

This could also explain Trump’s seeming imperviousness to his own mind-bending campaign. Surely it must be exhausting to attack Mexicans (June 16, 2015), to attack John McCain (July 18), attack Muslims (December 7), attack the Pope (February 18, 2016), attack President Clinton (May 18), attack candidates who use a teleprompter (May 27) a day after you give a speech using a teleprompter (May 26). It’s got to be exhausting—unless, as the old joke goes, “No pain, no gain. And: no brain, no pain.”

Anyway.

The actual sanity test I found is called, by delicious coincidence, “The Hare Psychopathy Checklist.” Introduced by Canadian criminal psychologist Robert D. Hare in 1980, it is still in use, though with ever more diffuse and specific mental-health diagnoses, it is not without its critics. However, as a practicing therapist who walked me through it agreed, it serves as a kind of triage device to separate the injured from the tripping from the psychopathic.

And about that word. We seem to have completely muddied up sociopath and psychopath. Sociopath? Roughly speaking, think Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, living out there in his shack in the woods, feeling nothing for other humans and unable to interact with them, literally mailing it in. Psychopath? Think Ted Bundy, feeling nothing for other humans but having long ago learned how to expertly mimic relationships by being whatever he needed to be to whomever he needed to use, killing at least 30 women, serving as his own counsel and cross-examining a female witness, proposing marriage to her while she was on the stand—and getting her to say “yes.”

For each of the 20 items on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist, you’re supposed to assign the subject a 0, 1, or 2. The highest and most dangerous score is a 40. In the U.S., the accepted minimum score for possible psychopathy is 30.

So. Those are the rules. Let’s play the Freud:

MUCH MORE (w/VIDEOS): Keith Olbermann: ‘Could Trump Pass A Sanity Test?’

Delicious! Wow, there is so much more to this article. Personally, I don't think Trump could pass a "credible" sanity test - as least not to be President of the United States. I thought maybe Keith Olbermann was washed up - but not after this article. Go Keith!

This is good analytical stuff. Some of which has been hashed out somewhat on this board, such as:

=> 9. Parasitic lifestyle

This is not, as I originally thought, living—materially—off Mom or Dad, or others, although that can be a minor component, especially if Dad gave you a million-dollar loan circa 1977 and you got a $9 million advance against your inheritance and ultimately you reportedly got about $40 million on your father’s death—and you considered all this just a small start.

It has more to do with taking credit for the work of others, to the degree of erasing all record of their contributions and slapping your name on their efforts, often in transactions in which you are literally renting out the use of your name as a brand and little else. You know, like Trump Palace, the Tour de Trump, Trump Steaks, Donald Trump the Fragrance, and of course, Castle Trumpula.

And just as in court, a wife cannot be forced to give evidence of “parasitic lifestyle” against her husband, despite Melania Trump’s convention-speech fiasco. Unless writer/english major/ballet dancer Meredith McIver turns out to be the evil twin sister of ”John Miller.“ <=​

--- and of course "Failure to Accept Responsibility for One's Own Actions" which has been a favorite point of mine with the whole NPD syndrome.

This passage was especially revealing too:

=> “I actually gave a teacher a black eye,” Trump wrote in The Art of the Deal in 1987, barely concealing his retroactive glee. He placed the assault in the second grade, likely making him seven years old. “I punched my music teacher because I didn’t think he knew anything about music and I almost got expelled.”​

and

=> The Post quotes a younger neighbor named Dennis Burnham. “Once when she left Dennis in a playpen in a backyard adjoining the Trumps’ property, Martha Burnham returned to find Donald throwing rocks at her son. “She saw Donald standing at the fence,” Dennis Burnham said, “using the playpen for target practice.” <=
For whatever reason, the first thing this story brings to mind is: "you have to go after their families". And running right behind it after reading the both of these episodes would be, "I like people that weren't captured, OK??"

Might be an interesting exercise for some debate moderator, interviewer -- or voter --- to question him on incidents like the music teacher thing, just to see if he can possibly bring himself to admit to doing something wrong even on that scale. My guess is he could not.

Ya gotta wonder what the fuck is wrong with some people, seemingly inborn. Genes? Birth defect? Infantile psycho trauma? Born under a bad sign?

I can see why the unwashed were scared off by the content here. Way too cerebral.

For some reason I can't get the videos to play properly but I'm on the road, will try to rerun when I get home.

Rump is actually coming to where I am, on Monday. Secret Service is here setting up.
Maybe I should just hang around long enough to fire him some questions....

Last edited:
Trump is narcissistic and possessive of a massive ego.

Yes, however, he is sane.

I'm watching Trump's acceptance speech. He's a deranged psycho. I feel sorry for those dumb enough to believe him. He's functionally insane.

I'm watching Trump's acceptance speech. He's a deranged psycho. I feel sorry for those dumb enough to believe him. He's functionally insane.
I would have thought that the preformed talking points would have been disjointed, dangerously incoherent, unintelligible.

Trump is narcissistic and possessive of a massive ego.

Yes, however, he is sane.

Actually what the the analysis goes to is not "sanity" if that can even be defined, but psychopathology, which that Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a part of.

I suspect the scope of a headline demands an oversimplification.

Could Keith Olbermann pass a sanity test?

I mean for real.

Based on your read of the article, what do you think? He does partially test himself here after all.
And again, it's not a "sanity test" --- it's a psychopathology analysis.

Olbermann couldn't pass one so why waste time reading what that braindead ass has to say.

Either that, or you did read the content, find it inconvenient, have no counter to it, and so poison the well.

It's a toss-up.

Looking back, outside of my first post there's not a single post in this thread that actually addresses the topic. The moaners whine about the writer of the article, the groaners whine about the OP. Does anyone actually delve into topic any more?
its a lakota post.....thats what happens with the die hard lefties and righties threads....it happens with dean threads,it happens with first rambo threads,it happens with senior pollock threads it happens with lakota threads.....people who are so far left or right who cant accept someone who has a different opinion get treated like the asses they are.....you have been here long enough Pogo you should know this....

If Trump becomes president - what is he going to tell his supporters when they realize that all that Hitleresque Utopian bullshit he promised them isn't happening?

It's a toss-up.

its a lakota post.....thats what happens with the die hard lefties and righties threads....it happens with dean threads,it happens with first rambo threads,it happens with senior pollock threads it happens with lakota threads.....people who are so far left or right who cant accept someone who has a different opinion get treated like the asses they are.....you have been here long enough Pogo you should know this....

Entirely irrelevant. I don't even read who the OP is unless it turns out to be a stupid thread. If there's a thought-provoking or informational article there, what would be the point? I'm here for the material, not to start whining about "who posted it" or "who authored it". That's just evasion.

The OP is a simple quote of the intro from the article. Why is that "scary"? It's a good thinking exercise. "Who posted it" doesn't change its content in any way.

Here's the deal, Hillary covered up her husband's world class abuse of women for her entire sorry adult life in exchange for reflected political power while civilian Donald Trump was constructing buildings. Olbermann apparently has a brain injury related to a fall that causes his leg to spasm. He never had a real job other than a talking head and his angry outbursts caused him to lose an anchor job on a left wing network. Which of the three could get the best grade on a sanity test?

It's a toss-up.

Entirely irrelevant. I don't even read who the OP is unless it turns out to be a stupid thread. If there's a thought-provoking or informational article there, what would be the point? I'm here for the material, not to start whining about "who posted it" or "who authored it". That's just evasion.

The OP is a simple quote of the intro from the article. Why is that "scary"? It's a good thinking exercise. "Who posted it" doesn't change its content in any way.
sorry Pogo....but anyone who calls people "nazis" just for having the gall and audacity to not agree with them like lakota does does not deserve any respect....

Forum List

Back