Just 3% High School Students Pass the Citizenship Test

Quote the part where it said they were striking over masks.
PPE.

How come you teachers strike over everything except the education of children?

I pray Trump declares all teacher unions illegal.

PPE.

It is illegal for teachers to strike. It is not illegal for you to find out what the hell you’re talking about before shooting your mouth off.

Teachers strike over useless masks, but sit on their thumbs when it comes to the education of children.

Well I have very good news for you. Your lifelong dream of disbanding the public schools is at hand. Good luck with all the 7 yo and above with severe behavior disorders.

Gangs of London pickpocket youth run wild, circa Victorian England--here we come.

What are they striking over?

Reopening, ChiCom flu and MASKS.

We are out here just trying to survive, are you kidding?

I had a kid kicking my door, outside with the social worker, for 30 minutes--kicking, screaming, flailing, etc--for a misfortune so slight you wouldn't believe it if I typed it out.

FOR REAL

You are all out here wringing your hands about citizenship tests and gender education and teachers are looking at the breakdown of society IN OUR SCHOOLS.

OR

As one veteran principal said: it used to be one of "those children" in every school. Then one in every grade. Then one in every CLASS. Now it's multiples of these non-functioning humans in every class (I do not mean to be derogatory. I mean to say: they cannot function normally in the society that is their school, not even with wide allowances, etc). And when I say non-functioning, I do not mean sometimes naughty, sometimes disobedient. I mean the above. I mean psych ward stuff.

Touch some grass. Figure out what the REAL problem is.

I had a kid kicking my door, outside with the social worker, for 30 minutes--kicking, screaming, flailing, etc--for a misfortune so slight you wouldn't believe it if I typed it out.

FOR REAL

You are all out here wringing your hands about citizenship tests and gender education and teachers are looking at the breakdown of society IN OUR SCHOOLS.

OR

As one veteran principal said: it used to be one of "those children" in every school. Then one in every grade. Then one in every CLASS. Now it's multiples of these non-functioning humans in every class (I do not mean to be derogatory. I mean to say: they cannot function normally in the society that is their school, not even with wide allowances, etc). And when I say non-functioning, I do not mean sometimes naughty, sometimes disobedient. I mean the above. I mean psych ward stuff.

No, police are out there trying to survive. While doing their job.

Be nice to see for once teachers taking a stand for the kids instead of themselves.

FOR REAL

OR

If I were you, I’d retire. Just sayin’. Life is too short.

Teachers strike over useless masks, but sit on their thumbs when it comes to the education of children.
Do you realize how few teacher strikes occur each year, considering the number of school districts nationwide? The vast majority do not have the right to strike for any reason. That just shows how little you know about the topic of education. But don't worry, you are far from being atypical.

PPE.

Are you seriously that stupid? Teachers' unions have always been and always will be legal, just like the Teamsters, UAW, UMW, etc.

If I were you, I’d retire. Just sayin’. Life is too short.

Every day I sit in my classroom--which I love--and ponder teaching, which I still love. At the same time I wonder how I will ever do life without teaching. And I wonder how anyone can do teaching anymore. And I wonder how I will last two more years. All of this at once.

Every day I sit in my classroom--which I love--and ponder teaching, which I still love. At the same time I wonder how I will ever do life without teaching. And I wonder how anyone can do teaching anymore. And I wonder how I will last two more years. All of this at once.
:boo_hoo14:

What about tutoring one-on-one instead? Make up flyers, hand them out to schools, and voila!

Also, I recall you’re a music teacher, or maybe it was art? Either way, there’s not going to be much call for that. But you could tutor middle school students in basic math, English, history, etc.

Anyway, the classroom today is awful. This would be a way to still engage your love of teaching while escaping the nonsense. Just a thought.

Forum List

Back