Kansas case puts face on 'total identity theft'

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Nova78, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nova78

Nova78 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Kansas case puts face on 'total identity theft' | US National Headlines | Comcast

WICHITA, Kan. — When Candida L. Gutierrez's identity was stolen, the thief didn't limit herself to opening fraudulent credit and bank accounts. She assumed Gutierrez's persona completely, using it to get a job, a driver's license, a mortgage and even medical care for the birth of two children.

All the while, the crook claimed the real Gutierrez was the one who had stolen her identity. The women's unusual tug-of-war puts a face on "total identity theft," a brazen form of the crime in which con artists go beyond financial fraud to assume many other aspects of another person's life.

The scheme has been linked to illegal immigrants who use stolen Social Security numbers to get paid at their jobs, and authorities fear the problem could soon grow to ensnare more unsuspecting Americans.

"When she claimed my identity and I claimed it back, she was informed that I was claiming it too," said Gutierrez, a 31-year-old elementary schoolteacher. "She knew I was aware and that I was trying to fight, and yet she would keep fighting. It is not like she realized and she stopped. No, she kept going, and she kept going harder."

A 32-year-old illegal immigrant named Benita Cardona-Gonzalez is accused of using Gutierrez's identity during a 10-year period when she worked at a Topeka company that packages refrigerated foods.

If your Government would work to protect it's citizens from foreign invaders, shit like this would not happen,we live in a scum society controlled by idiots......

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    That's why we have birth certificates.

3. Grandma

Grandma Geezer Chick Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,692
    But - but birf certificates can be forged!

4. Noomi

Noomi Ninja Kicker Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,878
    Yes, because the Repubs have told us this - as Obama's was forged!

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,571
    Maybe if those that had their identities stolen would learn the tactics of an assassin the thieves would be less in number.

6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Granny says when she gets outta jail - deport her...
    :cool:
    US teacher sees identity thief convicted in court
    Wed, Mar 27, 2013 - A Texas teacher and an illegal immigrant living in Kansas have fought for a dozen years to claim the identity of Candida L. Gutierrez in a case that has put a face on the growing crime of “total identity theft” in the US.