Chicago: 457 cars stolen in one week

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I guess even illegals don't like public transportation. Why ride the bus when you can ride in style?

Chicago crime: 457 cars stolen in a single week, alderwoman weighs in​

"Car theft in the city reached unprecedented levels last year, and this year, the perpetrators have shown no signs of slowing down.

In just one week, a staggering 65 cars were stolen on average each day.

On Tuesday, a white car was reported stolen from south suburban Riverdale. The following day, approximately 15 miles away, the stolen vehicle was located in Chicago, where the driver collided with a red vehicle in the 6300 block of South Stewart and attempted to flee the scene.

The city continues to grapple with its own car theft crisis.

From January 29 through February 4, a total of 457 cars were stolen, averaging nearly 65 thefts per day citywide. Although slightly down from the same period last year, Alderwoman Jeanette Taylor of the 20th Ward, where the crash occurred, emphasized that mere complaints are insufficient and action must be taken.

"This safety plan isn't just on CPD and the city of Chicago. This is on all of us as neighbors," Taylor said.

The stolen car crash resulted in five people being hospitalized with serious injuries, with one individual in critical condition.

The driver of the stolen car was arrested at the scene, with charges and citations pending against him.

"Parents (need to know) know what your damn kids are doing," Taylor said.

A community meeting is scheduled for Thursday at Sherwood Park, located at 5701 South Shields, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m., offering an opportunity for community members to provide input on policing efforts."

Chicago crime: 457 cars stolen in a single week, alderwoman weighs in

I guess even illegals don't like public transportation. Why ride the bus when you can ride in style?

"Car theft in the city reached unprecedented levels last year, and this year, the perpetrators have shown no signs of slowing down.

On Tuesday, a white car was reported stolen from south suburban Riverdale. The following day, approximately 15 miles away, the stolen vehicle was located in Chicago, where the driver collided with a red vehicle in the 6300 block of South Stewart and attempted to flee the scene.

From January 29 through February 4, a total of 457 cars were stolen, averaging nearly 65 thefts per day citywide. Although slightly down from the same period last year, Alderwoman Jeanette Taylor of the 20th Ward, where the crash occurred, emphasized that mere complaints are insufficient and action must be taken.

"This safety plan isn't just on CPD and the city of Chicago. This is on all of us as neighbors," Taylor said.

The stolen car crash resulted in five people being hospitalized with serious injuries, with one individual in critical condition.

The driver of the stolen car was arrested at the scene, with charges and citations pending against him.

A community meeting is scheduled for Thursday at Sherwood Park, located at 5701 South Shields, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m., offering an opportunity for community members to provide input on policing efforts."

This is why it should be illegal to keep a gun in a vehicle overnight.

OMG...that's your response to a tidal wave of car thefts? Why would any rational person choose to live in any city run by you idiots, August?
How about this? Elect a Mayor who puts law breakers in jail? Elect a DA that does the same? Support the Police instead of defunding them? Is this really so hard for you on the left to figure out?

Are you joking? I doubt that you would ever find a law-abiding gun owner who does that in the city of Chicago. Unless you have a valid Illinois concealed carry permit, you can not legally have a weapon in a vehicle unless it's broken down in a non-functioning state, not immediately accessible, or unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person with a currently valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.

Most people who have concealed carry permits carry their weapons on their person at all times, until they get home. They don't leave them in their vehicle.

What the hell good is leaving your gun in your car? If someone is breaking into your house, are you supposed to run out to the car and retrieve your weapon?

OMG...that's your response to a tidal wave of car thefts? Why would any rational person choose to live in any city run by you idiots, August?
How about this? Elect a Mayor who puts law breakers in jail? Elect a DA that does the same? Support the Police instead of defunding them? Is this really so hard for you on the left to figure out?
I`m an old school guy who ensures his vehicles and a stolen car is just a stolen car but a stolen car that some idiot leaves a gun in, is a different story. Can we assume that the gun is in the hands of a non-law-abiding citizen? Take your time with that question. The law-abider is a criminal enabler and should be charged with a crime. My pickup truck does not have a second amendment right and neither does yours.

But the left will tell you that crime is going down.

I`m an old school guy who ensures his vehicles and a stolen car is just a stolen car but a stolen car that some idiot leaves a gun in, is a different story. Can we assume that the gun is in the hands of a non-law-abiding citizen? Take your time with that question. The law-abider is a criminal enabler and should be charged with a crime. My pickup truck does not have a second amendment right and neither does yours.
Who leaves their gun in their car? I certainly don't. I don't know anyone that does. Your attempt to divert attention from the crime waves occurring across the country because of liberal policies is noted!

Oh and just so you know? Your insurance on your vehicle is probably double what it should be because of the car theft rate. Just another hidden cost passed along to citizens by you on the left with your idiotic policies!

Good. I hope they hit 1,000 next week.

By the way, this is happening because the left believes car theft is a "victimless crime":

Who leaves their gun in their car? I certainly don't. I don't know anyone that does. Your attempt to divert attention from the crime waves occurring across the country because of liberal policies is noted!

Oh and just so you know? Your insurance on your vehicle is probably double what it should be because of the car theft rate. Just another hidden cost passed along to citizens by you on the left with your idiotic policies!
We did in high school. It was a sad day when it was announced over the P.A. that "Only 2 guns will be allowed

per vehicle in the school parking lot from now on." As everyone had just designed 4-and-5 place gun racks in shop.

We did in high school. It was a sad day when it was announced over the P.A. that "Only 2 guns will be allowed

per vehicle in the school parking lot from now on." As everyone had just designed 4-and-5 place gun racks in shop.
Drive to school now with a gun rack in your pickup truck and I'm pretty sure that's grounds for suspension in most liberal areas even if you don't have a gun in the gun rack! Heck, they'd probably suspend you for driving the pickup truck! Damn redneck!

Forum List

Back