Justice

Incarceration and the death penalty make few happy, and the ones it does are sick. Having said that, justice is duty of fair societies and the execution (pun intended) is part and parcel of it.

That is not justice. Killing those men doesn't bring back the victims, nor does it take away the pain their families feel.

That is not justice. Killing those men doesn't bring back the victims, nor does it take away the pain their families feel.
The word "justice" is derived from the word "just" meaning, equal to/no more than. Execution for murder is indeed just by name and deed.

Last edited:
The word "justice" is derived from the word "just" meaning, equal to/no more than. Execution for murder is indeed just by name and deed.

Then why isn't rape an acceptable punishment for those who rape?
Oh, don't worry about that. A lot of rapists get raped in prison. It's right up there with pedophiles and snitches.

Then why isn't rape an acceptable punishment for those who rape?
Oh, don't worry about that. A lot of rapists get raped in prison. It's right up there with pedophiles and snitches.

See, I don't even think that people should be at risk of rape and assault in prison..

Question did you say that when they hung Saddam?

I was opposed to the execution of Saddam. Killing him solved nothing.
You're getting mixed up again. Execution is not a solution nor is it meant to be. It is justice. The injustice is that people like Saddam can only be killed once, but there's jack we can do about that.

Read these threads about the death penalty and it is always the "conservatives" that are firm supporters of big government.

Question did you say that when they hung Saddam?

You're getting mixed up again. Execution is not a solution nor is it meant to be. It is justice. The injustice is that people like Saddam can only be killed once, but there's jack we can do about that.

There is no justice in killing someone.

"We are going to kill you because you killed someone else, and killing is wrong". How does that not make you a hypocrite? Killing him didn't change what he did. It didn't bring back the dead, it didn't take away the suffering and the pain - so what did it achieve, exactly?

There is no justice in killing someone.
That is patently incorrect when the person being killed has murdered. It is justice by definition = equal to, no more than.

Forum List

Back