Jussie Smollet Indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

You have no idea if they would have, or not...That is just you filling in the blanks to fit your narrative...

Well, you are the one speculating what might have happened. What happened was... nothing. Nobody rioted when they thought his story might be true, and no one rioted when they figured out it was false.

That is simply untrue...These riots, and such happened before the system could even address the situation in many cases...

These were, and remain lynch mobs constructed by BLM, and AntiFa...

BLM has been protesting for 10 years... Rodney King was beaten 30 years ago. It doesn't take years to clean up police departments.

At least you and I agree that Smollett was, and remains a dumbass.
I said he was a dumbass when this happened. I had my doubts the first day of the story.
Well, I would think that sometimes in the halls of our prosecutorial system, discussions are that situations arise (American's believing there are two standards of justice) where an example needs to happen...Jussie drew his nomination for the Darwin award when he decided to enlist the Nigerian bros. to beat him up to form a false narrative in the country....And without an ounce of skepticism at all, outlets like MSNBC, CNN, and GMA all just ran unquestioningly with Somollett's narrative because it made their tripe of America being a racist shithole sync up....Well, I support throwing the book at him, and I also support going after Kim Fox as well..
Yes, that uppity black woman thinking we didn't need to waste more resources on a prank. How dare she?

There are two standards of justice. One for white people (Morton Downey) and one for black people (Jussie Smollet).

Well, ain't that boilerplate bullshit right there.....Trump wasn't the one spreading anything, it was you liars on the left that were parsing every comma, every semi colon, every word, trying to cherry pick, take out of context, or simply make up what Trump said at any given moment...Now, don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times where Trump stuck his foot firmly in his mouth, but for the most part it was a completely unhinged left spreading fertilizer....
Once more the Trump Cultist Mantra.

1639324643491.png

The point is, Obama didn't stick his foot in his mouth like this...nor did Bush or Clinton or Reagan. They said stupid things, to be sure, but they didn't do it maliciously like Trump did.

You have got to be kidding me here....Chicago is a cesspool of black on black crime and shootings....Rivaling the likes of Iraq, or Afghanistan in terms of danger, and you pukes ignored, or outright dismissed the disgusting numbers coming out of Chicago for years...You think CPD is sweeping these under the rug? Hell man, they are out gunned....And in the wake of all of that you people come up with the absolute dumbest plan in the history of the world, which is to defund them and cut their legs out even more. Then you want to blame the crime on them? That's just dumber than dumb...

Actually, Chicago doesn't even have the worst numbers, per capita. THe numbers are high ONLY because we have a lot of people as the third largest city. Cleveland, Detroit, NOLA, St. Louis, Portland are far worse.

And, yes, I think the CPD sucks at it's job. It's next to impossible to fire a cop for corruption or incompetence thanks to the FOP. Heck, you can shoot a kid 16 times, and the police will lie about it for years.

Yes, saying "Defund" was dumb, because no one was actually proposing that. Reallocating resources to thingst hat would work better is what they should have said.

Wow...ok, you have this narrative in your head, so let's examine what makes you think that is even a possibility in Chicago...Show me stats where in Chicago where blacks were shot by police in responding to a false report by some "Karen" as you call them....This is where you never provide what is asked for....
Uh, yeah. LaQuan McDonald. Adam Toledo. They were reported, the cops overreacted and shot them.

Then there was the lady who got shot because a cop shot a EDP and the bullets went right through him and hit her.

I live here (actually, I live in one of the Burbs.) I can list all sorts of police misconduct by the CPD. That's why the community no longer trusts them.

Well, you are the one speculating what might have happened. What happened was... nothing. Nobody rioted when they thought his story might be true, and no one rioted when they figured out it was false.

BLM has been protesting for 10 years... Rodney King was beaten 30 years ago. It doesn't take years to clean up police departments.

I said he was a dumbass when this happened. I had my doubts the first day of the story.

Yes, that uppity black woman thinking we didn't need to waste more resources on a prank. How dare she?

There are two standards of justice. One for white people (Morton Downey) and one for black people (Jussie Smollet).

View attachment 574888
The point is, Obama didn't stick his foot in his mouth like this...nor did Bush or Clinton or Reagan. They said stupid things, to be sure, but they didn't do it maliciously like Trump did.

Actually, Chicago doesn't even have the worst numbers, per capita. THe numbers are high ONLY because we have a lot of people as the third largest city. Cleveland, Detroit, NOLA, St. Louis, Portland are far worse.

And, yes, I think the CPD sucks at it's job. It's next to impossible to fire a cop for corruption or incompetence thanks to the FOP. Heck, you can shoot a kid 16 times, and the police will lie about it for years.

Yes, saying "Defund" was dumb, because no one was actually proposing that. Reallocating resources to thingst hat would work better is what they should have said.

Uh, yeah. LaQuan McDonald. Adam Toledo. They were reported, the cops overreacted and shot them.

Then there was the lady who got shot because a cop shot a EDP and the bullets went right through him and hit her.

I live here (actually, I live in one of the Burbs.) I can list all sorts of police misconduct by the CPD. That's why the community no longer trusts them.
You continue to defend a felon....good on you.

Nearly three years ago I said this:

Even if it comes out he made it up, leftists will still believe him and defend him.

It will be, he was "under stress", "exhaustion", leave him alone, and asking him to apologize is racist.

Lefties were wrong back then, and they're still wrong now. Let's refresh their memory hole with this old topic. Just read what they said... :auiqs.jpg:

Actor Jussie Smollett assaulted in racist, homophobic attack, police say, rumor that he shouted MAGA

Except perjury is never prosecuted in trials...

Again, this case comes down to do you beleive the Nigerian Brothers, or Smollet. Kind of hard to claim "perjury" when your star witnesses only gave the story they gave to avoid jail time themselves.

Again, they'll cut a sentencing deal as soon as they've realized no one is looking to avoid appeals.

You're obviously ignoring all the video evidence of the conspiracy. But hey, there's no law against staying stupid.

That piece of shit dirtbag Smollett should be punished to the maximum amount that the law allows, he tried to incite a race war by falsely accusing White people with a certain political ideology, of a vicious hate crime. Not to mention he had the entire Chicago police force spinning their wheels looking for something that never happened.

Of course this is what his friend Obama and the Democratic Party as a whole have been doing… lies, false accusations, dividing and pitting groups against one another. Smolette in essence is a good Democrat foot soldier, that got caught.

Well, you are the one speculating what might have happened. What happened was... nothing.
Hey, here's a news flash, that's what we do on boards like this...Speculate. But that aside, it wasn't 'nothing' that happened. We were subjected to yet another round in the media how America is racist, and how Trump was instigating a racial attack...Forget the fact that there was NO racial attack of Smollett, that didn't stop fellow travelers in the media of jumping to the narrative....

Nobody rioted when they thought his story might be true, and no one rioted when they figured out it was false.
Well, not for lack of trying to foment such...I think that was the real attempt by Smollett..

And? I guess it all depends on what you think are the issues to "clean up"... And what your proposals would be to effect the changes you want to see. Then working within the structure of the Department to realize these changes...Provided your proposals don't result in crime stats increasing. Chicago has had Democratic control for decades, why do you suppose these 'changes' haven't been discussed, or implemented?

Yet, you are willing to brush it off...

She used her position to do much like you are trying to do which is dismiss the destructive nature of this hoax, that commanded national media attention, and police investigative resources for over 3,000 hours. Resources that could have been better spent on the absolute chaos Chicago experiences daily...I say that as someone who was born in Berwyn....

No, that is ridiculous...It was a jury that found Smollett guilty...Not some racist fantasy you harbor..

Must be terrible having people disagree with your POV....

The point is, Obama didn't stick his foot in his mouth like this...

He didn't? Obviously you don't remember his buddy Professor....That was monumental. Then there was the whole "if he had a son, he'd look like Treyvon" bs....I'd say he did, and worse...

nor did Bush or Clinton or Reagan. They said stupid things, to be sure, but they didn't do it maliciously like Trump did.

You have a selective memory, largely because Trump triggered you...Too bad.

And all that you listed are democrat strongholds...Doesn't that make you proud?

See what happens when you allow the public sector to unionize?

But it isn't what they said....And some of the more fringe members of your party advocated for the abolishment of police all together...

Not going to rehash their cases here, but what was the outcome of their cases?

And what would be your solution?

That piece of shit dirtbag Smollett should be punished to the maximum amount that the law allows, he tried to incite a race war by falsely accusing White people with a certain political ideology, of a vicious hate crime. Not to mention he had the entire Chicago police force spinning their wheels looking for something that never happened.

The entire CPD? Really? The entire CPD is 14,000 officers. No more than 10 were assigned to the Smollett case. And investigating stuff is kind of their job. I mean, you wouldn't know it because 83% of homicides go unsolved in Chicago.

The only reason why your panties are in a bunch was after 4 years of Trump's overt racism and homophobia, a racist homophobic attack on our streets was quite plausible.

The entire CPD? Really? The entire CPD is 14,000 officers. No more than 10 were assigned to the Smollett case. And investigating stuff is kind of their job. I mean, you wouldn't know it because 83% of homicides go unsolved in Chicago.

The only reason why your panties are in a bunch was after 4 years of Trump's overt racism and homophobia, a racist homophobic attack on our streets was quite plausible.
just because you are a racist and homophobic and were triggered by the fact trump beat clinton doesn’t mean it was plausible others would commit crimes…in particular people wearing Trump hats.

Demafascict acting like Demafasct is not the fault of trump. It’s your own fault

Hey, here's a news flash, that's what we do on boards like this...Speculate. But that aside, it wasn't 'nothing' that happened. We were subjected to yet another round in the media how America is racist, and how Trump was instigating a racial attack...Forget the fact that there was NO racial attack of Smollett, that didn't stop fellow travelers in the media of jumping to the narrative....

America is racist.
Trump has institigated racism.
If the "narrative" rung true, it was because it seemed plausible. If Smollett said he was attacked by Unicorns, no one would have taken him seriously.

And? I guess it all depends on what you think are the issues to "clean up"... And what your proposals would be to effect the changes you want to see. Then working within the structure of the Department to realize these changes...Provided your proposals don't result in crime stats increasing. Chicago has had Democratic control for decades, why do you suppose these 'changes' haven't been discussed, or implemented?
They have been discussed. The FOP fights them tooth and nail.
And even though you see everything in terms of "Democrat vs. Republican" because your brain is kind of tiny, the problem is that Richard M. Daley and Rahm were too much in the pocket of the FOP.

She used her position to do much like you are trying to do which is dismiss the destructive nature of this hoax, that commanded national media attention, and police investigative resources for over 3,000 hours. Resources that could have been better spent on the absolute chaos Chicago experiences daily...I say that as someone who was born in Berwyn....

Okay, here's the thing. The ONLY reason why 3000 hours were expended was because Smollett was a celebrity. He didn't even want to call the cops, that was his agent, and the thing kind of got out of control after that. Foxx made the quite sensible decision that her office has LIMITED resources, and prosecuting this guy for a prank that got out of hand wasn't a use of them when she has murderers and rapists to prosecute.

No, that is ridiculous...It was a jury that found Smollett guilty...Not some racist fantasy you harbor..
A jury AFTER some politicians in Springfield turned the justice system on its head to bring charges. You complain about the 3000 hours of not getting to eat donuts the CPD had, but how much time, money, etc was spent going after this guy? And why wasn't that kind of money spent going after Downey or your average Karen who files a fake police report. Like this woman...

He didn't? Obviously you don't remember his buddy Professor....That was monumental. Then there was the whole "if he had a son, he'd look like Treyvon" bs....I'd say he did, and worse...

Uh, Obama was completely in the right on those issues.
The police DID act stupidly with that professor.
Trayvon could have been his son, but he was gunned down by a drugged out wannabe for just being in the wrong neighborhood.

Not going to rehash their cases here, but what was the outcome of their cases?

Well, the officer who shot McDonald (16 times, in the back when he was lying on the ground) got a whopping three years. He'll be out next year some time. It took longer to bring him to trial than he'll actually spend in prison. The officer who shot Toledo hasn't even been charged... and probably won't be.

(Side note. My brother is good friends with the officer who shot McDonald. We haven't been on speaking terms in five years.)

And what would be your solution?

First, every cop has to wear a body cam.
Second, get the FOP and PBA out of the disciplinary process for misconduct.
Third, establish a zero tolerance policy for racists on the police forces. when some officer tells you he wants a disability because he's having fantasies about murdering black people, that person shouldn't be a cop anymore.
Fourth, establish state licensing for police officers. That way one police department isn't picking up another police department's problems.
Fifth, get rid of "qualified immunity".

America is racist.
Trump has institigated racism.
If the "narrative" rung true, it was because it seemed plausible. If Smollett said he was attacked by Unicorns, no one would have taken him seriously.

They have been discussed. The FOP fights them tooth and nail.
And even though you see everything in terms of "Democrat vs. Republican" because your brain is kind of tiny, the problem is that Richard M. Daley and Rahm were too much in the pocket of the FOP.

Okay, here's the thing. The ONLY reason why 3000 hours were expended was because Smollett was a celebrity. He didn't even want to call the cops, that was his agent, and the thing kind of got out of control after that. Foxx made the quite sensible decision that her office has LIMITED resources, and prosecuting this guy for a prank that got out of hand wasn't a use of them when she has murderers and rapists to prosecute.

A jury AFTER some politicians in Springfield turned the justice system on its head to bring charges. You complain about the 3000 hours of not getting to eat donuts the CPD had, but how much time, money, etc was spent going after this guy? And why wasn't that kind of money spent going after Downey or your average Karen who files a fake police report. Like this woman...

Uh, Obama was completely in the right on those issues.
The police DID act stupidly with that professor.
Trayvon could have been his son, but he was gunned down by a drugged out wannabe for just being in the wrong neighborhood.

Well, the officer who shot McDonald (16 times, in the back when he was lying on the ground) got a whopping three years. He'll be out next year some time. It took longer to bring him to trial than he'll actually spend in prison. The officer who shot Toledo hasn't even been charged... and probably won't be.

(Side note. My brother is good friends with the officer who shot McDonald. We haven't been on speaking terms in five years.)

First, every cop has to wear a body cam.
Second, get the FOP and PBA out of the disciplinary process for misconduct.
Third, establish a zero tolerance policy for racists on the police forces. when some officer tells you he wants a disability because he's having fantasies about murdering black people, that person shouldn't be a cop anymore.
Fourth, establish state licensing for police officers. That way one police department isn't picking up another police department's problems.
Fifth, get rid of "qualified immunity".

You are one fucked in the head kind of guy...I truly hope you get what you want in terms of destroying police, and their ability to enforce the law in your area....I'm sure you'll be the first one screaming for a cop when you are the victim....

Smollett will probably get probation, but you think that is even a step too far...Even though this human trash is still promoting the hoax...And your BLM buddies are right on board...It really is sad how you progressive, self loathing people think....

Funny, the people I grew up with who all routinely used the N-word are the ones wearing MAGA hats today.
funny, i don’t think hunter biden wears a MaGA hat, and the only president in my lifetime to refer to african americans as negros has been your cult leader joey xiden

You are one fucked in the head kind of guy...I truly hope you get what you want in terms of destroying police, and their ability to enforce the law in your area....I'm sure you'll be the first one screaming for a cop when you are the victim....

Every time I've had to call the police, they never showed up in time to resolve the problem. Their ability to protect anyone is not enhanced by the racists and nitwits on their forces.

99% of cops are good guys and really wouldn't be affected by police reform. The one percent who aren't we are all better off if they found other lines of work.

Smollett will probably get probation, but you think that is even a step too far...Even though this human trash is still promoting the hoax...And your BLM buddies are right on board...It really is sad how you progressive, self loathing people think....

Yes, I think pissing away hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute a celebrity prank is a bit too far. I also think that prosecuting the Central Park Karen was going a bit too far. (Charges against her were eventually dismissed.) Prosecutions SHOULD be to get dangerous people off the streets, not make examples of people who don't conform to a social code.

funny, i don’t think hunter biden wears a MaGA hat, and the only president in my lifetime to refer to african americans as negros has been your cult leader joey xiden

Are you like 15? Because you'd have to have had a pretty short lifetime to find other presidents who haven't used the word "negro" to describe black people.

Every time I've had to call the police, they never showed up in time to resolve the problem. Their ability to protect anyone is not enhanced by the racists and nitwits on their forces.

99% of cops are good guys and really wouldn't be affected by police reform. The one percent who aren't we are all better off if they found other lines of work.

Yes, I think pissing away hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute a celebrity prank is a bit too far. I also think that prosecuting the Central Park Karen was going a bit too far. (Charges against her were eventually dismissed.) Prosecutions SHOULD be to get dangerous people off the streets, not make examples of people who don't conform to a social code.

Are you like 15? Because you'd have to have had a pretty short lifetime to find other presidents who haven't used the word "negro" to describe black people.
really? did Bush? Obama? Trump? Clinton? show us a clip of them using the word. you know not from 1956

Systems can not survive the Smollets ways we are living with. The peasants who do what this douche did, is helping to bankrupting areas.

Yup, they want their pound of flesh.

Jussie Smollett accused of lying to CPD, indicted on 6 counts of disorderly conduct

CHICAGO - In a story FOX 32 News broke first, former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb, stemming from the alleged racist and anti-gay attack on him that occurred in January of 2019.

Smollett is due in court February 24 at the Criminal Court Building at 26th and California. Webb said in a statement that Smollett faces six felony counts of disorderly conduct, charges that stem from four separate false reports that he gave to police in which he contended he was a victim of a hate crime “knowing that he was not the victim of a crime.”

This strikes me as Dan Webb (a Republican) trying to sandbag Kim Fox, who is up for re-election next month.

So you are going to charge someone with something that almost always brings no jail time, especially for a first time offender, who has deep pockets to drag out a court case?

"But, but, but he said bad things about Trump Supporters!!!"
What is the penalty for perjury in Illinois?

And what is the penalty for a racially motivated hate crime?

Smollett deserves prison for his actions

What is the penalty for perjury in Illinois?

And what is the penalty for a racially motivated hate crime?

Smollett deserves prison for his actions

No, prison should be for people who are truly dangerous...

We only have a finite number of prison cells... Do you really let Barabas go to crucify Jesus?

Putting Smollet in a prison cell means letting a rapist or a murderer out early, I think I'll take a pass.

No, prison should be for people who are truly dangerous...
You dont think smollett was a danger to race relations in America?

I do

Which was the reason libs used to pass hate crime laws in the first place

You dont think smollett was a danger to race relations in America?

I do

Which was the reason libs used to pass hate crime laws in the first place

No, I don't think an actor most of us never heard of before the attack was as big a danger to race relations as a president who openly encouraged hate against blacks, (calling for the execution of innocent black men, saying the first black president wasn't born here), Asians (calling Covid "China Virus" and "Kung Flu"), Hispanics and Muslims.

People took his story seriously for about one week.

Look, I realize this one case of fake racism give you a hall pass to ignore all the real racism in this country. So enjoy it, I guess.

It's much easier than fixing the real racism that made what he did seem plausible.

Forum List

Back