Judge Ken Starr just sank Nancy's "Impeachment of Trump"

Since when? Link....pretty sure he gets acquitted. Impeachment doesn’t equate to guilt. Hence the debate in the Senate.

Clinton kept the office and he wasnt acquitted - unless of course he was innocent, is that what youre saying.

not acquitted
not exonoraded

the Senate's duty is remove him or not
I was a young kid then but WJCs lie seemed trivial. Not sure why he was impeached. Political theater is my guess.

HE LIED TO CONGRESS

now u know
Lied over something trivial. Was that worth impeachment in your opinion?

HE LIED ABOUT GETTING A BLOW JOB -

a 55 year old man, and a 20 year old intern -

I give him a medal
You didn’t answer me.

Trumps entire defense is to say how everyone is lying but him, then refuse to present any exculpatory evidence ..

I believe his defense is the:

1. Verbiage in the Transcript
  2. Zelensky saying no QPQ

Tell the class exactly wtf that has to do with obstruction of congress ----
How is he obstructing Congress? They didn’t go through proper protocols and as the Executive Branch he is their equal.

No he is not. They have the power to investigate, impeach and remove the Executive. He is not a King and his authority is not absolute. His blanket refusal to allow any and all requested testimony or documents to Congress is unprecedented and grants the Executive the absolute power to block any and all investigations into his conduct.

Then DumBama should have been impeached as well, since he too withheld documents from the Republican House.

Absolutely they should have, if he, like ol'Trumpybear, refused any and all documents and testimony relating to any and all investigation the House was pursuing. In fact if President Obama had done that, the Democrats would have made Joe President imo. Hell they sided with Republicans against Obama when he tried to close Gitmo in one of his first EO's.

Nah, his administration provided reams of documents and never told anyone the did not have to comply with Congressional subpoenas.

The Facts Behind Obama’s Executive Privilege Claim — ProPublica

Didn't the House overwhelmingly and with bipartisan support hold Holder in Contempt of Congress too over one set of documents? Trumpybear claims privilege over everything. But not one single Trumpublican will break ranks.

But the facts are not on his side and the American people are seeing the facts.

Clinton kept the office and he wasnt acquitted - unless of course he was innocent, is that what youre saying.

not acquitted
not exonoraded

the Senate's duty is remove him or not
I was a young kid then but WJCs lie seemed trivial. Not sure why he was impeached. Political theater is my guess.

HE LIED TO CONGRESS

now u know

I give him a medal
You didn’t answer me.

and dont intend to if you cant figure my comment out.

class is over

Repubs must impeach the next Prog president as soon as they can. All of this because Progs are pizzed off about the 2016 election. If Repubs do not give them push back, we will end up a banana republic.

I was thinking about that this morning.

Republicans take revenge and impeach the next dem president. With zero proof and zero crime committed.

Then the dems do it again.

Then the repubs do it again.

Pretty soon all presidents are simply impeached at their inauguration

Ken Starr's testimony was outstanding. He very carefully explained how the House's Articles had no constitutional basis.
The president has the authority to conduct foreign policy, period. The "Rodino Rule" was violated in that for an impeachment to be justified it MUST be bi-partisan. Nixon's was, and Clinton's was, but Trump's was not.

Article-2 is simply void because the subpoenas issued before Resolution 660, the impeachment by the full House are not constitutional. Nancy has no authority to start an impeachment inquiry without the full House vote. Further, Trump has every legal right to "due process" and can have the courts evaluate subpoenas and executive privilege claims.

The defense could have rested right after Ken Starr's summary. It was fantastic.
Starr advised that a crime is essential based on the Constitution in order for the senate to remove a president, and Trump committed no crime.
It was a most excellent talk and a pretty good history lesson too.
It brought the notion to my mind that those responsible for this farce should be punished so this kind of silly shit isn't repeated in the future.

I couldn’t agree more. The problem is that Republicans refuse to punish this President for any of these illegal actions meaning that Trump will be further emboldened.

Trump needs to be taken out now so that further assholishness is completely discouraged.
Illegal actions?

What crime is he charged with?

Trombies see and hear what they wish to see and hear.

Starr was boring and professorial as he laid out no defense of Trump whatsoever.

The idea that we should not have impeachment as a check on a corrupt president
is grade A level stupid. And that is what he just claimed.

Morons eat that shit up.

What part of both fucking Articles are bullshit, constitutionally and legally don't you comprehend?

No. They aren't. The evidence is clear. he abused his power for personal gain and then obstructed justice.

Impeachment is the remedy.

Idiot.

Yes your articles have been shown to be bullshit. As has your pathetic argument. Executive privilege and going to the courts to settle disagreements is NOT obstruction. You idiots had the same option and CHOSE not to take it. Your fault. You're not very bright. Education would be the remedy. Idiot.

Repubs must impeach the next Prog president as soon as they can. All of this because Progs are pizzed off about the 2016 election. If Repubs do not give them push back, we will end up a banana republic.

I was thinking about that this morning.

Republicans take revenge and impeach the next dem president. With zero proof and zero crime committed.

Then the dems do it again.

Then the repubs do it again.

Pretty soon all presidents are simply impeached at their inauguration

Yes they will be. And let history show who started this impeachment war so our children and grandchildren will understand.

The man persecuted a blowjob

Shows his credibility

You left wing loonies can keep repeating that until you're purple faced.

Till global warming turns us all into bacon.

Till mountains wear away.

You can croak it out on your death bed.

And it STILL won't be true.

HE LIED TO CONGRESS

now u know

I give him a medal
You didn’t answer me.

and dont intend to if you cant figure my comment out.

class is over
I figured it out. Also figured out that you’re not man enough to answer a question directly. Which I knew would be the case. Coward.

The man persecuted a blowjob

Shows his credibility

He prosecuted perjury.

For sake of completeness, Clinton was prosecuted for perjury (18 U.S. Code § 1621), suborning perjury (18 U.S. Code § 1622) and obstruction of justice (18 U.S. Code § 1503)

Yep he was impeached for lying about an extra-marital blowjob. Democrats in the Senate own the corruption of lying about a blowjob. Republicans on the other hand, will own Trumpybears corruption of shaking down foreign governments by leveraging bipartisan foreign-aid to gin up announced investigations into his political rivals.

That might be true if it actually happened, but as we all know, it didn't. But even if it did, it's not a crime or impeachable offense.

History has just proven that what ol'Trumpybear did was impeachable. He is impeached. The evidence is exposed before the American independent voters and I expect more evidence of his Shakedown of the Ukraine Scheme will be dripping out for the next 10 months or so. My dream may come true after all and the American Voters will have the opportunity to say to Trumpybear "You're Fired"

Your utter ignorance of reality is noted. No surprise though. The only people getting fired in November will be Dimbos like you. Enjoy 5 more years of Trump. Your case is already destroyed.

How is he obstructing Congress? They didn’t go through proper protocols and as the Executive Branch he is their equal.

No he is not. They have the power to investigate, impeach and remove the Executive. He is not a King and his authority is not absolute. His blanket refusal to allow any and all requested testimony or documents to Congress is unprecedented and grants the Executive the absolute power to block any and all investigations into his conduct.

Then DumBama should have been impeached as well, since he too withheld documents from the Republican House.

Absolutely they should have, if he, like ol'Trumpybear, refused any and all documents and testimony relating to any and all investigation the House was pursuing. In fact if President Obama had done that, the Democrats would have made Joe President imo. Hell they sided with Republicans against Obama when he tried to close Gitmo in one of his first EO's.

Nah, his administration provided reams of documents and never told anyone the did not have to comply with Congressional subpoenas.

Didn't the House overwhelmingly and with bipartisan support hold Holder in Contempt of Congress too over one set of documents? Trumpybear claims privilege over everything. But not one single Trumpublican will break ranks.

You don't turn over documents you approve of giving if it's subpoenaed by Congress. You give all or you don't. By Democrats terms, that's still an obstruction of Congress, and trust me, from this point on, we will not be going through the court system next time it happens. Impeachment, and that's it.

Trumps entire defense is to say how everyone is lying but him, then refuse to present any exculpatory evidence ..

They needed to go to the Judicial Branch and subpoena him or his cohorts and they chose not to. Why?

Why? He refused all requests for documents and witnesses.

Executive privilege has been invoked since the U.S.'s early days but isn't in the Constitution. It was only in 1974, when Richard Nixon tried to prevent the release of White House tapes during the Watergate investigation, that the Supreme Court upheld its constitutionality, and set some parameters for it. The Court ruled that no claim on executive privilege is absolute, and can also be overcome if evidence is needed in a criminal trial. (For a full legal history, see this report from the Congressional Research Service.)

CRS Executive Privilege

Bill Clinton used them a lot, 14 times during his presidency. In 1998, his attempt to keep White House aides from testifying about the Monica Lewinsky scandal was struck down, the first time since Nixon that executive privilege was overruled in court. George W. Bush invoked the privilege six times, not always successfully.

They needed to go to the Judicial Branch and subpoena him or his cohorts and they chose not to. Why?

Why? He refused all requests for documents and witnesses.

Executive privilege has been invoked since the U.S.'s early days but isn't in the Constitution. It was only in 1974, when Richard Nixon tried to prevent the release of White House tapes during the Watergate investigation, that the Supreme Court upheld its constitutionality, and set some parameters for it. The Court ruled that no claim on executive privilege is absolute, and can also be overcome if evidence is needed in a criminal trial. (For a full legal history, see this report from the Congressional Research Service.)

CRS Executive Privilege

Bill Clinton used them a lot, 14 times during his presidency. In 1998, his attempt to keep White House aides from testifying about the Monica Lewinsky scandal was struck down, the first time since Nixon that executive privilege was overruled in court. George W. Bush invoked the privilege six times, not always successfully.
Are you an attorney? If it were so black and white then the impeachment would not have been partisan. Sometimes you just need to use the KISS method.

well ya see derpboi, he's already been IMPEACHED for obstruction of congress.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey stupid, show where Congress was obstructed. Refusing to go through proper channels that are available does not mean you were obstructed moron. Hey asshole, here's a clue, you idiots had the same options Trump took. You CHOSE not to take them. Hence half your case is already dismissed as fantasy.

Ken Starr's testimony was outstanding. He very carefully explained how the House's Articles had no constitutional basis.
The president has the authority to conduct foreign policy, period. The "Rodino Rule" was violated in that for an impeachment to be justified it MUST be bi-partisan. Nixon's was, and Clinton's was, but Trump's was not.

Article-2 is simply void because the subpoenas issued before Resolution 660, the impeachment by the full House are not constitutional. Nancy has no authority to start an impeachment inquiry without the full House vote. Further, Trump has every legal right to "due process" and can have the courts evaluate subpoenas and executive privilege claims.

The defense could have rested right after Ken Starr's summary. It was fantastic.
Starr advised that a crime is essential based on the Constitution in order for the senate to remove a president, and Trump committed no crime.

Bolton's testimony is irrelevant, because it would not allege a crime. No witnesses are needed. The fat lady just sang.
Trump is a lying fat ass windbag that sings BS to you constantly and you eat it up in gobs. Same with his defense.

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Hey stupid, show where Congress was obstructed. Refusing to go through proper channels that are available does not mean you were obstructed moron. Hey asshole, here's a clue, you idiots had the same options Trump took. You CHOSE not to take them. Hence half your case is already dismissed as fantasy.

for the 999th time - Trump has been impeached.

you cant dismiss an impeachment

YOU cant choose to understand impeachment articles or the impeachment process.

dumbass

You don't turn over documents you approve of giving if it's subpoenaed by Congress. You give all or you don't. By Democrats terms, that's still an obstruction of Congress, and trust me, from this point on, we will not be going through the court system next time it happens. Impeachment, and that's it.

There was no good faith effort on the part of the Trumpybear White House to come to an accommodation with the House's requests. It was a blanket refusal that if Obama had tried, Democrats would have ushered him out the door and installed Good Old Joe instead. But Trumpublicans support their King's absolute authority, or they don't trust Pence.

CRS Executive Privilege

Dumbass and complete moron! Obama did along with every other president, claim executive privilege. And they were legitimate requests unlike Pelosi's bucnch of illegal bullshit.

for the 999th time - Trump has been impeached.

you cant dismiss an impeachment

YOU cant choose to understand impeachment articles or the impeachment process.

dumbass
He answers questions directly. You cower. So who is the dumbass? You refused to answer a simple yes/no question

Forum List

Back