Democrat Focus Group Doesnt Care About Impeachment

The larger point is that Democrats base their policies on focus groups, not on facts or logic.

The Dems here are REALLY out of touch with their own party! Impeachment wasn't even mentioned for an hour and 20 minutes! And these are DEMOCRATS!

CNN's Axelrod says impeachment didn't come up until 80 minutes into focus group

The article doesn't specify what was discussed at the focus group and I didn't see his interview so I'll have to take a stab and guess healthcare, the environment, wages, and taxes...subjects that Republicans have no interest in discussing or doing anything about...unless it's cutting taxes again for their wealthy donors. Hence the large number of House passed bills sitting on Moscow Mitch's desk. Democrats on the other hand will engage in more of these kitchen table discussion issues right up until November. That's pretty in-touch. :)

Fear not, Trump won't be removed from office...but it's not as cut and dry as it was 24 hours ago

The Dems here are REALLY out of touch with their own party! Impeachment wasn't even mentioned for an hour and 20 minutes! And these are DEMOCRATS!

The article doesn't specify what was discussed at the focus group and I didn't see his interview so I'll have to take a stab and guess healthcare, the environment, wages, and taxes...subjects that Republicans have no interest in discussing or doing anything about...unless it's cutting taxes again for their wealthy donors. Hence the large number of House passed bills sitting on Moscow Mitch's desk. Democrats on the other hand will engage in more of these kitchen table discussion issues right up until November. That's pretty in-touch. :)

Fear not, Trump won't be removed from office...but it's not as cut and dry as it was 24 hours ago
"Moscow Mitch" :21:

I'm old enough to remember Ted Kennedy's trip to RUSSIA to undermine Reagan and the country.

We are witnessing the same old scam Dems always use. They try to rewrite the history of slavery and wipe away their own shameful past. Now they want to paint Republicans as the party working with communist governments. They somehow ignore Hillary and the Democrats collusion with RUSSIA

I'm old enough to remember Ted Kennedy's trip to RUSSIA to undermine Reagan and the country.

We are witnessing the same old scam Dems always use. They try to rewrite the history of slavery and wipe away their own shameful past. Now they want to paint Republicans as the party working with communist governments. They somehow ignore Hillary and the Democrats collusion with RUSSIA

And we are witnessing Trump supporters and now Republicans actually creating their own history (fake news, conspiracy theories, distractions). The only colluding was done by members of the Trump campaign. But you just keep pushing those fake distractions...maybe something will stick...then Barr and Durham can have at it...but don't hold your breath.

With all due respect, Jack...who on the Democratic side has been talking about healthcare, the environment, wages and taxes? Democratic leadership is focused on impeachment and have been for quite some time even though it's a loser and always has been. The voters are smart enough to grasp that fact...Democratic leaders don't seem to be!

With all due respect, Jack...who on the Democratic side has been talking about healthcare, the environment, wages and taxes? Democratic leadership is focused on impeachment and have been for quite some time even though it's a loser and always has been. The voters are smart enough to grasp that fact...Democratic leaders don't seem to be!

Then you might not have been paying attention to the fact that the Democrat House members could walk and chew gum at the same time...however, in true obstructionist form, those bills are sitting on Mitch's desk. Link included just for information. I don't give a rat's patootie if people don't like the source.
House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

You can cross reference those on the above link list with what has actually been brought to the Senate and then sent on to be signed by You-Know-who.
Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

Then you might not have been paying attention to the fact that the Democrat House members could walk and chew gum at the same time...however, in true obstructionist form, those bills are sitting on Mitch's desk. Link included just for information. I don't give a rat's patootie if people don't like the source.
House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

You can cross reference those on the above link list with what has actually been brought to the Senate and then sent on to be signed by You-Know-who.

With all due respect AGAIN, Jack...I didn't ask who on the Democratic side has been passing bills...the House has been pumping out pipe dream legislation for the past three years...what I asked was who on that side of the aisle is talking about healthcare, the environment, wages and taxes? Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler and Schiff aren't! They're so all in on trying to impeach Trump that they spend most of their time trying to figure out some way to make that happen...which is itself a pipe dream because the GOP controlled Senate isn't going to impeach a Republican President on the nonsense that they'd TRIED to impeach him on! This "diversion" is self inflicted. It isn't the GOP that's got your leaders running in circles chasing their tails...that's the far left wing of the Democratic Party which has become the proverbial "tail wagging the dog"!

With all due respect AGAIN, Jack...I didn't ask who on the Democratic side has been passing bills...the House has been pumping out pipe dream legislation for the past three years...what I asked was who on that side of the aisle is talking about healthcare, the environment, wages and taxes? Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler and Schiff aren't! They're so all in on trying to impeach Trump that they spend most of their time trying to figure out some way to make that happen...which is itself a pipe dream because the GOP controlled Senate isn't going to impeach a Republican President on the nonsense that they'd TRIED to impeach him on! This "diversion" is self inflicted. It isn't the GOP that's got your leaders running in circles chasing their tails...that's the far left wing of the Democratic Party which has become the proverbial "tail wagging the dog"!

You're too focused on impeachment. It's got the bullhorn right now. Look at any of the Democratic candidates for President and you'll have your answer about who's talking about issues. And I'm sorry, the legislation put forth by House Democrats DOES speak to them addressing issues. The Republican controlled Senate's inaction on these bills speaks even louder.

Impeachment is about holding the President accountable for his abuse of power. I can guarantee you if this were a Democrat as President, we'd be in exactly the same situation...and you'd even have my support for removal if this was the level of evidence provided. No one is under any illusion that the Senate will vote to remove Trump. But if this kind of behavior is allowed to stand, you may as well tear up the rule book..because there won't be any rules.

And we are witnessing Trump supporters and now Republicans actually creating their own history (fake news, conspiracy theories, distractions). The only colluding was done by members of the Trump campaign. But you just keep pushing those fake distractions...maybe something will stick...then Barr and Durham can have at it...but don't hold your breath.

The only colluding was done by members of the Trump campaign.

$35 MILLION and 2 years of investigating by Mueller and his dozens of henchmen says you are a lying sack.

Reminds me of Harry Reid....

Do Nothing Congress?' House Passed More Than 350 Bills That Sit on Harry Reid's Desk, Says Congresswoman

You're too focused on impeachment. It's got the bullhorn right now. Look at any of the Democratic candidates for President and you'll have your answer about who's talking about issues. And I'm sorry, the legislation put forth by House Democrats DOES speak to them addressing issues. The Republican controlled Senate's inaction on these bills speaks even louder.

Impeachment is about holding the President accountable for his abuse of power. I can guarantee you if this were a Democrat as President, we'd be in exactly the same situation...and you'd even have my support for removal if this was the level of evidence provided. No one is under any illusion that the Senate will vote to remove Trump. But if this kind of behavior is allowed to stand, you may as well tear up the rule book..because there won't be any rules.

You mean if Barack Obama abused his power you'd call for his impeachment? Like if he used the IRS against his political opposition? Or if he used the FBI to spy on his political opposition? Those kinds of abuse of power? The kind that Richard Nixon could have only DREAMED of but never came close to achieving?

To be quite blunt, Jack...I think you're full of shit! You looked the other way when Barack Obama was abusing his power but now it's suddenly become a matter of "national crisis" because Donald Trump asked someone to look into the Biden family's sleazy dealings?

Spare me your breathless hysteria about someone tearing up the rules! You don't even seem to understand what it is that Barack Obama DID when he was in power. It was a hell of a lot more insidious than anything Trump has done and you were perfectly OK with it!

You mean if Barack Obama abused his power you'd call for his impeachment? Like if he used the IRS against his political opposition? Or if he used the FBI to spy on his political opposition? Those kinds of abuse of power? The kind that Richard Nixon could have only DREAMED of but never came close to achieving?

To be quite blunt, Jack...I think you're full of shit! You looked the other way when Barack Obama was abusing his power but now it's suddenly become a matter of "national crisis" because Donald Trump asked someone to look into the Biden family's sleazy dealings?

Spare me your breathless hysteria about someone tearing up the rules! You don't even seem to understand what it is that Barack Obama DID when he was in power. It was a hell of a lot more insidious than anything Trump has done and you were perfectly OK with it!

The problem is that there was no link to Obama and the IRS/501cs or "spying" on Trump, who was not his opposition btw. He didn't even ask Russia to hack anyone.

but there is a link to Trump personally holding up aid to Ukraine for a personal political agenda. That's the difference. Not that I'd kick him out without an election over it. But there is a distinction that you Trumpanzees are DESPERATE to avoid, which is why you keep coming up with FALSE EQUIVALANCIES which are logical fallacies.

The problem is that there was no link to Obama and the IRS/501cs or "spying" on Trump, who was not his opposition btw. He didn't even ask Russia to hack anyone.

but there is a link to Trump personally holding up aid to Ukraine for a personal political agenda. That's the difference. Not that I'd kick him out without an election over it. But there is a distinction that you Trumpanzees are DESPERATE to avoid, which is why you keep coming up with FALSE EQUIVALANCIES which are logical fallacies.

Oh, bullshit! There is more evidence that the Obama White House knew of what Lois Lerner was doing at the IRS and that they knew the FBI was using FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign than there is that Trump did anything wrong asking for the President of the Ukraine to look into what the Biden's were doing with Burisma!

False equivalencies? Really? So you think that if Trump was running guns into Mexico to narco terrorists that were then using them to kill thousands of Mexican nationals AND a US Border Patrol officer that you on the left would just say "Hey...it's just a few Mexicans...no problem!"

And claiming that because Barack Obama wasn't running in that election means that Donald Trump wasn't his political opposition is laughable! Trump was the opposition and Obama used the power of his office to help smear him.

Nixon only THOUGHT of doing what Obama actually did, and they pretend his administration was scandal free

Forum List

Back