Jon Huntsman could be the GOP surprise nominee

I like Huntsman. And, as far as I am aware, there is no law prohibiting the TEA Parties from supporting him.

What's the big deal that he 'worked for' Obama? In point of fact, he 'worked for' us... 'We, the People'... as does Obama. And... why should it bother anyone that he 'likes' Obama? Obama is, probably, a nice guy.

I'm glad that most liberals aren't as ridiculous as JimH52.

They aren't going to support the guy. He use to work for President Obama. That said, he seems like a reasonable fellow.

Really? He did? Since when does Obama own the country? He worked for us. 'We, the People. As does Obama. We're the boss. Not them.

:lol:

Well get the Tea Party on board with that.

And um..good luck.

The real Jon Huntsman is a moderate. It'll be interesting to see if he stays real.

Hard to say..given what happened to Mitt Romney.

I was watching an interview with a Democrat that worked with Romney. He had high praise for the guy. He was a very successful governor and good at building consenus. And now he sounds as bat shit crazy as then next tea partier.

Jon Huntsman on the issues:

s050_050.gif

My kind of Republican.

Jon Huntsman on the Issues

Which is exactly why he is unlikely to get the GnOP nomination. Republicants aren't interested in Moderation...

Ironically, that was just about where Sarah Palin's rating was as governor of Alaska, right up until her VP nomination, and her metamorphosis into a rightwing extremist.

I don't think Huntsman will do that. He appears to be quite a genuine classy guy. He's also a professional diplomat, so he knows how to answer questions without answering the question.

I like Huntsman. And, as far as I am aware, there is no law prohibiting the TEA Parties from supporting him.

What's the big deal that he 'worked for' Obama? In point of fact, he 'worked for' us... 'We, the People'... as does Obama. And... why should it bother anyone that he 'likes' Obama? Obama is, probably, a nice guy.

I'm glad that most liberals aren't as ridiculous as JimH52.

Why did you say that? I like the guy.

Because you asked 'can the tea parties support' him? Answer is yes. There is no law to say they cannot. He's a fiscal conservative - the TEA Parties like fiscal conservatives. Smart people - whether they be dems or Repubs - will research the man's record and decide for themselves whether he is a solid candidate. However, I await the media attacks with interest. I'm sure they'll make up sufficient bullshit about him to put him off running.

Frankly, I don't think America deserves honest politicians, because we allow the media to destroy anyone who dares put themselves forward.... unless, of course, that candidate is black.

:lol:

washingtonpost.com: Barry Arrested on Cocaine Charges in Undercover FBI, Police Operation
The case against Charlie Rangel - NYPOST.com
Michelle Malkin » Obama’s Ayers problem deepens

Jon Huntsman on the issues:

s050_050.gif

My kind of Republican.

Jon Huntsman on the Issues

Which is exactly why he is unlikely to get the GnOP nomination. Republicants aren't interested in Moderation...

Ironically, that was just about where Sarah Palin's rating was as governor of Alaska, right up until her VP nomination, and her metamorphosis into a rightwing extremist.
I'm thinkin' her Idaho-"roots" had.....

With the Lefties ejaculating all over Huntsman that's a good indication he's just another RINO.
If they love him so much let him run on the Democratic ticket.

Surprise nominee? There has been talk of him getting in since 2008. Who knows whether he will or not. Personally, I don't know much about the former governor/ambassador. I know much more about his father who is a very good man.

Given who the President of the United States is, any one who worked in this administration should be automatically disqualified from running as a Republican.

I heard some good words about this guy on Morning Joe. He sounds like what the GOP needs.

John Huntsman: Can he win 2012 GOP presidential nomination

He sounds reasonable and has a good understanding of the US-China relationship. He could be the GOP's best chance at regaining the White House. This is the first I have heard of him, but I am impressed. Can the tea party supposrt someone who, reportedly, worked for and likes Obama?

if he sounds reasonable, the tea people will hate him.

Surprise nominee? There has been talk of him getting in since 2008. Who knows whether he will or not. Personally, I don't know much about the former governor/ambassador. I know much more about his father who is a very good man.

Ditto

I heard some good words about this guy on Morning Joe. He sounds like what the GOP needs.

He sounds reasonable and has a good understanding of the US-China relationship. He could be the GOP's best chance at regaining the White House. This is the first I have heard of him, but I am impressed. Can the tea party supposrt someone who, reportedly, worked for and likes Obama?

While on a promotional tour for his new book, Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter recently made some interesting comments on the 2012 presidential race. “Whether Obama wants to admit it or not,” Alter claimed, “when he surveyed the Republican party for who had talent…and could potentially pose the most threat for him in 2012, believe me, Obama would prefer to run against Romney or Huckabee or Palin than against Jon Huntsman.”

Who?

Huntsman has worked for presidents Bush and Obama:*****
Can Jon Huntsman Save the GOP? | FrumForum

"Jon Huntsman is the former governor of Utah and current U.S. ambassador to China. In addition to serving both Bush administrations – as ambassador to Singapore for 41 and a deputy U.S. trade representative for 43 – he is a member of what Fortune termed “an iconic family dynasty that’s one part Marriott (another business clan with Utah roots) and one part Kennedy (only Republican).” Early 2009 saw Huntsman clearly preparing for a possible presidential campaign as he developed contacts in early primary states, began the process of establishing a national PAC, and consulted with leading GOP strategists Frank Lutz and John Weaver. U.S. News and World Report noted that Huntsman was the only potential Republican presidential candidate that made Obama’s 2008 campaign manager, David Plouffe, “a wee bit queasy.”

Little more than a week after Plouffe’s pronouncement, however, Obama tapped Huntsman for the ambassadorship to China, thus effectively taking the wind out of the sails of a potential 2012 challenge.

No.

He is very moderate and would be ok but when he starts having to bow to the rightwingnuttiest like Rush Limbaugh, he'll just be the same old neocon they always want to put up.

He is very moderate and would be ok but when he starts having to bow to the rightwingnuttiest like Rush Limbaugh, he'll just be the same old neocon they always want to put up.

I don't think we would be seeing him BOWING to foreign leaders, as he apologizes for America though....:clap2: :clap2: Huntsman is a patriotic American on the outside and the inside....

Forum List

Back