John Wayne on liberals

My favourite line is I considered myself a liberal until I met these new liberal group. They then labelled me a conservative extremist. That feels so familiar...

That "new liberal group" that John Wayne despised were fighting against the Vietnam war, for Civil Rights, for Womens Rights, for environmental protection

I can see why they intimidated Wayne

Yeah, we know you scumbags fight against the Vietnam war. We know you fucking liberals relished and supported the spread of communism. We know what the left has been advocating for decades and long before the Vietnam war.

We know how the left painted the "unrighteousness" of the Vietnam war. Of course it was.

I mean, Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge ensued.

Queen kuuunt Hanoi Jane herself posing on gun turret that most assuredly killed our boys.....supporting the communists.

Hanoi-Jane-Fonda-in-North-Vietnam-in-1972.jpg

Here is what ensued and I blame every last pathetic fucking liberal scumbag who supported the communist take over of South Vietnam. I also blame the politicians for handcuffing our Generals and soldiers trying to appease the liberal commie left protesting scumbags.

^^^ Just watch, and see what happens when you allow communism to take over. Fuck you, you fucking scumbag left wing pigs.

Jane Fonda was right about the Vietnam War......John Wayne was not

Who was the real patriot?

Explain to us what that fucking kuuuunt was right about you fucking unreal sack of shit.

Jane Fonda fought to bring our troops home from an il-conceived war
John Wayne fought to send more to their deaths

Who is the REAL patriot?

The men who actually fought for us?

Eisenhower, a Republican, oversaw a refusal to accept political reality in a country where the US had no business intervening. Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon continued and compounded the egregious policy. Americans paid with blood and money, as with Iraq.
The enemy was and is political agendas that sacrifice America and Americans (and countless other people, of course).

Whether you like it or not Nixon ended the Viet Nam war.
Ending the Vietnam War

Nope.

OK smarty pants who did?
And don't say it was the protestors because they protested for years and the war still continued.

Answered in #227.

Nixon withdrew our troops which ended it for us in the fighting.
Direct U.S. military involvement ended on 15 August 1973.
The capture of Saigon by the North Vietnamese Army in April 1975 marked the end of the war.
So yes the Vietnamese ended the war but Nixon ended it with our involvement.

No wonder the left can't get things right when they always do their semantic word games.
It wasn't Nixon who ended our troops involvement it was the Vietnamese who ended the war.

Eisenhower, a Republican, oversaw a refusal to accept political reality in a country where the US had no business intervening. Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon continued and compounded the egregious policy. Americans paid with blood and money, as with Iraq.
The enemy was and is political agendas that sacrifice America and Americans (and countless other people, of course).

Ending the Vietnam War

Nope.

OK smarty pants who did?
And don't say it was the protestors because they protested for years and the war still continued.

Answered in #227.

The capture of Saigon by the North Vietnamese Army in April 1975 marked the end of the war.

No wonder the left can't get things right when they always do their semantic word games.
It wasn't Nixon who ended our troops involvement it was the Vietnamese who ended the war.

I'd say it was We the People. LBJ had so much pushback on it that he didn't dare run for re-election, and once he got in the WH, Nixon did too. He had no choice. Keep in mind what was going on in the streets. These kids today have no idea what a riot is. People burning draft cards, going to jail, or fleeing the country altogether. It could not be ignored.

Last edited:

Ending the Vietnam War

Nope.

OK smarty pants who did?

Answered in #227.

You're not right.
I'm not left.

That "new liberal group" that John Wayne despised were fighting against the Vietnam war, for Civil Rights, for Womens Rights, for environmental protection

I can see why they intimidated Wayne

Yeah, we know you scumbags fight against the Vietnam war. We know you fucking liberals relished and supported the spread of communism. We know what the left has been advocating for decades and long before the Vietnam war.

We know how the left painted the "unrighteousness" of the Vietnam war. Of course it was.

Queen kuuunt Hanoi Jane herself posing on gun turret that most assuredly killed our boys.....supporting the communists.

Here is what ensued and I blame every last pathetic fucking liberal scumbag who supported the communist take over of South Vietnam. I also blame the politicians for handcuffing our Generals and soldiers trying to appease the liberal commie left protesting scumbags.

^^^ Just watch, and see what happens when you allow communism to take over. Fuck you, you fucking scumbag left wing pigs.

Explain to us what that fucking kuuuunt was right about you fucking unreal sack of shit.

Who is the REAL patriot?

...and those who fought to end the fight.

Who is the REAL patriot?

...and those who fought to end the fight.

How is appearing in communist propaganda films fighting for American troops to come home?

Ending the Vietnam War

Nope.

OK smarty pants who did?

Answered in #227.

I'd say it was We the People. LBJ had so much pushback on it that he didn't dare run for re-election, and once he got in the WH, Nixon did too. He had no choice. Keep in mind what was going on in the streets. These kids today have no idea what a riot is.

Spot on Pogo. :)
They have no idea what so ever.

The war was over when it started; the Vietnamese were not going to be defeated.

Ending the Vietnam War

Nope.

OK smarty pants who did?

Answered in #227.

You're not right.
I'm not left.

I was not talking about just you.
It was a commit made in general.

The Vietnamese ones, the ones the US didn't understand, the ones who wanted to determine their own idea of 'free' and not have one forced on them by some big government.

Many people were saying the same things she said - that we were lied to and that people were dying because of those lies. Very much like the lies we have been told about Iraq and other NOT wars.

Communism - no.

An end to the blood bath - YES. I was one of those people who lost loved ones in VN and spoke out against it. I would do that again.

If you're ever able to let go of your partisan hatred, you might just learn a thing or two about what really happened in VN. But, you are one who needs to hold on to the hate and nurse it.

That's your choice.

Oh and BTW, whether you like it or not, there is nothing illegal about believing in Communism. Not many do. Its like believing in Ayn Rand. It looks good until you get close and educate yourself. But, even if you do believe in it, its not illegal.

I also lost loved ones in Viet Nam and I also was against the war and I also protested it.
Who said it was illegal to believe in big government?

And yet you believe LBJ got us into VN??

You always post the same way - like you're stuck in cement and making it up as you go along.

Did Johnson do this or not?
In early 1965, Johnson authorized ‘Operation Rolling Thunder’, which started on February 24th. This was the wholesale bombing of North Vietnam and NLF-held territory in South Vietnam. Initially, ‘Operation Rolling Thunder’ was meant to last for eight weeks – it lasted for three years. The NLF responded to the bombing by attacking US air bases in the South Vietnam. The commander of US advisor's in the South, General Westmoreland, informed Johnson that the men he had in the South were inadequate to defend their bases and that he needed more men. Johnson responded by sending in US troops – this time they were not ‘advisors’. On March 8th 1965, 3,500 US Marines – combat troops - arrived in South Vietnam. Johnson sold this deployment to the US public by claiming that they would be in South Vietnam as a short-term measure. In a poll held in 1965, 80% of those Americans polled indicated that they supported Johnson.
Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam

The Vietnam "conflict" --- war, military action, whatever we call it -- started a decade before that.

According to the terms of the Geneva Accords, Vietnam would hold national elections in 1956 to reunify the country. The division at the seventeenth parallel, a temporary separation without cultural precedent, would vanish with the elections. The United States, however, had other ideas. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles did not support the Geneva Accords because he thought they granted too much power to the Communist Party of Vietnam.

Instead, Dulles and President Dwight D. Eisenhower supported the creation of a counter-revolutionary alternative south of the seventeenth parallel. The United States supported this effort at nation-building through a series of multilateral agreements that created the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO).

South Vietnam Under Ngo Dinh Diem
Using SEATO for political cover, the Eisenhower administration helped create a new nation from dust in southern Vietnam. In 1955, with the help of massive amounts of American military, political, and economic aid, the Government of the Republic of Vietnam (GVN or South Vietnam) was born. The following year, Ngo Dinh Diem, a staunchly anti-Communist figure from the South, won a dubious election that made him president of the GVN. Almost immediately, Diem claimed that his newly created government was under attack from Communists in the north. Diem argued that the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV or North Vietnam) wanted to take South Vietnam by force. In late 1957, with American military aid, Diem began to counterattack. He used the help of the American Central Intelligence Agency to identify those who sought to bring his government down and arrested thousands. Diem passed a repressive series of acts known as Law 10/59 that made it legal to hold someone in jail if s/he was a suspected Communist without bringing formal charges.
If there's one guy at whose feet we can lay the blame for starting the whole thing, it isn't Johnson or Nixon or Kennedy or even so much Eisenhower -- it would be John Foster Dulles.

Yes it's always somebody else's fault but never the precious Dems.
Johnson put our troops into Vietnam and Johnson did the draft which was despicable.
Johnson was one of the most evil SOB's that ever was and so was Nixon.

If you want to go that route then Bush was not to blame for going into Iraq either.
Blame it on the FBI and other Countries intelligence gathering who all said he had WMD's.

We really reeeealy need to get over this juvenile point-scoring of "this guy from this political party devil, that political party, angel". That's complete bullshit.

And for the record (you should look this sort of thing you before you post), the draft was in place long before LBJ got to the WH, before he was even a Texas Senator.

I also lost loved ones in Viet Nam and I also was against the war and I also protested it.
Who said it was illegal to believe in big government?

You always post the same way - like you're stuck in cement and making it up as you go along.

In early 1965, Johnson authorized ‘Operation Rolling Thunder’, which started on February 24th. This was the wholesale bombing of North Vietnam and NLF-held territory in South Vietnam. Initially, ‘Operation Rolling Thunder’ was meant to last for eight weeks – it lasted for three years. The NLF responded to the bombing by attacking US air bases in the South Vietnam. The commander of US advisor's in the South, General Westmoreland, informed Johnson that the men he had in the South were inadequate to defend their bases and that he needed more men. Johnson responded by sending in US troops – this time they were not ‘advisors’. On March 8th 1965, 3,500 US Marines – combat troops - arrived in South Vietnam. Johnson sold this deployment to the US public by claiming that they would be in South Vietnam as a short-term measure. In a poll held in 1965, 80% of those Americans polled indicated that they supported Johnson.

The Vietnam "conflict" --- war, military action, whatever we call it -- started a decade before that.

According to the terms of the Geneva Accords, Vietnam would hold national elections in 1956 to reunify the country. The division at the seventeenth parallel, a temporary separation without cultural precedent, would vanish with the elections. The United States, however, had other ideas. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles did not support the Geneva Accords because he thought they granted too much power to the Communist Party of Vietnam.

Instead, Dulles and President Dwight D. Eisenhower supported the creation of a counter-revolutionary alternative south of the seventeenth parallel. The United States supported this effort at nation-building through a series of multilateral agreements that created the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization (SEATO).

Using SEATO for political cover, the Eisenhower administration helped create a new nation from dust in southern Vietnam. In 1955, with the help of massive amounts of American military, political, and economic aid, the Government of the Republic of Vietnam (GVN or South Vietnam) was born. The following year, Ngo Dinh Diem, a staunchly anti-Communist figure from the South, won a dubious election that made him president of the GVN. Almost immediately, Diem claimed that his newly created government was under attack from Communists in the north. Diem argued that the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (DRV or North Vietnam) wanted to take South Vietnam by force. In late 1957, with American military aid, Diem began to counterattack. He used the help of the American Central Intelligence Agency to identify those who sought to bring his government down and arrested thousands. Diem passed a repressive series of acts known as Law 10/59 that made it legal to hold someone in jail if s/he was a suspected Communist without bringing formal charges.
If there's one guy at whose feet we can lay the blame for starting the whole thing, it isn't Johnson or Nixon or Kennedy or even so much Eisenhower -- it would be John Foster Dulles.

Johnson put our troops into Vietnam and Johnson did the draft which was despicable.

If you want to go that route then Bush was not to blame for going into Iraq either.
Blame it on the FBI and other Countries intelligence gathering who all said he had WMD's.

We really reeeealy need to get over this juvenile point-scoring of "this guy from this political party devil, that political party, angel". That's complete bullshit.

And for the record (you should look this sort of thing you before you post), the draft was in place long before LBJ got to the WH, before he was even a Texas Senator.

It does not help when the left & right are always bad mouthing, but when anyone is accused, each will do their own defending.
It's human nature.
I never said that President Johnson was the one who started the draft.
I said did the draft, so my mistake I should have said used the draft.

The Vietnamese ones, the ones the US didn't understand, the ones who wanted to determine their own idea of 'free' and not have one forced on them by some big government.
You mean the ones that went around killing off entire villages of women and children that were not communist enough for them? wow... You must be a communist. How many women and children have you killed today?

It does not help when the left & right are always bad mouthing, but when anyone is accused, each will do their own defending.
It's human nature.

They all
"used" the draft.

It's human nature.

They all
"used" the draft.

Yes
As far as I know it was used 5 times.
US Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

It's human nature.

They all
"used" the draft.

Yes
US Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

I don't think Korea and Vietnam can be separated as far as existence of the draft.
When was Elvis Presley drafted?

It's human nature.

They all
"used" the draft.

Yes
US Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

I don't think Korea and Vietnam can be separated as far as existence of the draft.

Elvis Presley was drafted on Dec 20, 1957

It's human nature.

They all
"used" the draft.

Yes
US Civil War
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

Elvis Presley was drafted on Dec 20, 1957

Whoa -- that was specific. ;)

Well there you go -- between Korea and Vietnam. At least as far as draftees involved.

You got drafted in 1957, but you didn't have a war to go to. They were a bit slow getting one together. Not like today, where we have a whole minor league farm system ready for Show on a moment's notice.

Forum List

Back