Joaquin Phoenix Is A Really Strange Dude...And Other Thoughts On The Oscars

Republicans snatch baby cows right after birth and eat them while professing their belief in the right to life.
Yeah, that's not off the deep end at all...no really its not, its right up there with JFK's "ask not" speech...doesn't sound anything at all like a drug addled rant, no really...And the whole cow > human fetus thing cleared up your earlier "humanitarian" claim quite nicely

Perhaps the only difference between "actors" and "politicians" is that "actors" are usually much better at acting; i.e., being capable of assuming another persona.
We can take the discourse of the two in the same way, but we should realize that there is a difference between playing and lying.

Hollywood is all weird. As for Brad Pit he’s an asshole for making that comment. I personally didn’t watch it because they’re all nut jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can forgive Brad's comments because he just doesn't know. He probably still thinks that what happens in Washington isn't a complete fake. He knows most of Hollywood is fake.....he probably is still holding out hope that not everything in this country is as fake as the business he's in.

Joaquin Phoenix is good at playing strange parts....because he's a fucking strange Dude.

I don't remember what it was but I saw him in an interview several years back and kept thinking he was just be crazy for effect, joking until I realized he wasn't joking.
The guy is certifiable.

Excellent speech by Jaoquin Phoenix.

I'm not sure what he was doing can really be considered speech...what was the deal with the cow stuff?

Republicans snatch baby cows right after birth and eat them while professing their belief in the right to life.

Do you know the difference between a cow and a human? I would bet money neither you nor Joaquin have ever been near a cow, let alone spent any time around them.

If you're looking to claim some sort of moral superiority for yourself, "you're not pro-life if you eat meat!" ain't gonna do it.

I'm not sure what he was doing can really be considered speech...what was the deal with the cow stuff?

And Dim Dems do this as well, ya knucklehead. It's called VEAL, which I would never touch. But people of ALL political leanings do this, moron.

It's almost like we're animals eating the things nature built us to eat, or some wacky shit like that.

Hollywood is all weird. As for Brad Pit he’s an asshole for making that comment. I personally didn’t watch it because they’re all nut jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can forgive Brad's comments because he just doesn't know. He probably still thinks that what happens in Washington isn't a complete fake. He knows most of Hollywood is fake.....he probably is still holding out hope that not everything in this country is as fake as the business he's in.

I would bet that if someone had asked Brad Pitt a week before the Oscars who John Bolton was, he wouldn't have been able to tell you beyond, "The important witness against Trump that the Senate Republicans ignored!"

In fact, there's a good chance he STILL doesn't know, and couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

Haha... Jaoquin Phoenix lives in a 3,573 sq. ft home...well that is just one of them. He owns several

And he lectures about exploitation and having more than you need.... haha

This is the story that interests me about the Oscars.

Oscars 2020: Donald Sylvester thanks wife for giving up her career

The outrage from the left was just bizarre. This article is fairly delusional, too.

"It’s not worth speculating on the dynamics that led the couple to prioritize Sylvester’s career, as it’s quite possible that both husband and wife were perfectly happy with the way they divvied up their work and home lives."

"Prioritize Sylvester's career"? Hey, maybe what they ACTUALLY did was prioritize their children and family. Ever think of that? Maybe HE pulled the short straw in that decision. But thanks for that grudging "it's quite possible they were both happy".

"But the public response to Sylvester’s speech is quite telling, as it underscores an increasing cultural impatience with the idea that women should support their partners’ careers at the expense of their own." Who said anything about "women should"? Why don't these nimrods quit projecting their neuroses onto everyone else?

"Affordable childcare would go a long way toward solving the issue. Melissa Silverstein, founder and publisher of the gender-equality advocacy site Women and Hollywood, noted after Sylvester’s speech, “If that is not a message for better childcare policies for women in this industry I don’t know what is.”" What the fuck are these people babbling about? The guy is a successful sound editor for major Hollywood films; he just won an Oscar. I'm thinking lack of outside childcare, "affordable" or otherwise, didn't have a damned thing to do with his wife's decision to stay home with the kids. Is it really such a shock to leftists that some people actually like their children?

And the online comments were just insane. “Brava women heroes, sacrificing careers so white men can do what they want & not raise the kids.” Maybe YOU consider it heroic and a sacrifice to the patriarchy to put your children ahead of your own personal desires; most of us just consider it everyday motherhood (and far more about the kids than about pandering to their husbands). “If Donald Sylvester’s wife hadn’t given up her editing career for him, would she be on the Oscar stage tonight?” Yeah, she might have . . . which tells us nothing except how much more important she must have considered her children, and how unimportant the poster considers them. “In the future we want lots of women onstage thanking their husbands for doing the same thing.” Whatever, honey. By then, you navel-gazing freaks will have convinced the rest of America not to pay attention.

The stars appearing at the Oscars hired democrat political speech writers for the Oscar speeches. I thought everyone knew. That's why they were so strange.

I think the most hilarious aspect of the whole thing is that these swell heads think we give a fuck what they think.
And those that do, are deeply disturbed.
There is humor to be found in it. Like I mention above, Phoenix lecturing about humanity exploitation of natural resources while owning more than one home and the one he lives in is 3,753 sq. ft.
But that is why they are called elitist.

And for the love of God someone tell Al Pacino he is almost 80 years old and looks downright comical in his pitiful attempt to look young?

al.jpg

Mr. Pacino... see below on how you look good at 80... you look like a friggin idiot.

sean.jpg

And Dim Dems do this as well, ya knucklehead. It's called VEAL, which I would never touch. But people of ALL political leanings do this, moron.

It's almost like we're animals eating the things nature built us to eat, or some wacky shit like that.

Republicans would eat each other if there was a buck in it.

Forum List

Back