Joaquin Phoenix Is A Really Strange Dude...And Other Thoughts On The Oscars

What he said about dairy was absolutely true. :dunno: People just don't like to hear it, that's all.

I wrote a blog post on that same topic, the other day: The exploitation of something beautiful

No, it really isn't, but I would expect neither you nor Joaquin Phoenix to know jack shit about dairy farming, since neither of you have ever been near a cow.

BS. You act as if the process is a secret. If you're claiming he said something false about dairy, point it out.

Oscars 2020: Joaquin Phoenix's speech strikes chord with dairy farmers

Tell you what. You go tell the dairy farmers quoted there that you think Joaquin Phoenix is the ultimate in truth and accuracy on this subject.

What he said about dairy was absolutely true. :dunno: People just don't like to hear it, that's all.

I wrote a blog post on that same topic, the other day: The exploitation of something beautiful

No, it really isn't, but I would expect neither you nor Joaquin Phoenix to know jack shit about dairy farming, since neither of you have ever been near a cow.

BS. You act as if the process is a secret. If you're claiming he said something false about dairy, point it out.

Tell you what. You go tell the dairy farmers quoted there that you think Joaquin Phoenix is the ultimate in truth and accuracy on this subject.

You didn't answer my question. You claimed what he said about dairy wasn't true, back yourself up or concede you were wrong. What did he say in particular that you believe is false? Again, the process is no secret. Even the dairy farmers didn't deny the claims he made, did you even read the article you shared? They admit those practices take place, the only difference is they claim there's nothing wrong with it and they even have the audacity to claim it's a good thing.

Am I supposed to be surprised by dairy farmers' reaction? OF COURSE they're going to object to someone criticizing their industry, because: a) they make a living selling cow's milk to humans, their livelihood is at stake, and b) like many people, they are deeply brainwashed to believe those things are normal, acceptable or necessary.

There is nothing good or right about dairy, as you can see here, here or here. Or here, in recent blog post.

Please read this quote, which sums it all up, in a powerful and eloquent way:

56483224-2142874289114771-1604144528137125888-o.jpg

You didn't answer my question. You claimed what he said about dairy wasn't true, back yourself up or concede you were wrong. What did he say in particular that you believe is false? Again, the process is no secret. Even the dairy farmers didn't deny the claims he made, did you even read the article you shared? They admit those practices take place, the only difference is they claim there's nothing wrong with it and they even have the audacity to claim it's a good thing.

Am I supposed to be surprised by dairy farmers' reaction? OF COURSE they're going to object to someone criticizing their industry, because: a) they make a living selling cow's milk to humans, their livelihood is at stake, and b) like many people, they are deeply brainwashed to believe those things are normal, acceptable or necessary.

There is nothing good or right about dairy, as you can see here, here or here. Or here, in recent blog post.

Actually, Spanky, what I said was that he knows jack shit about cows and has never actually been around one. And since I have no fucking idea who James McWilliams is or what his bovine expertise might consist of - nor do I care - I am disinclined to listen to his anthropomorphizing pussy-aching on the subject over people who actually work with cows every day of their professional lives.

Would that you self-aggrandizing poseurs on the left could project a tenth of the empathy onto unborn humans that you do on cows.

Actually, Spanky, what I said was that he knows jack shit about cows and has never actually been around one. And since I have no fucking idea who James McWilliams is or what his bovine expertise might consist of - nor do I care - I am disinclined to listen to his anthropomorphizing pussy-aching on the subject over people who actually work with cows every day of their professional lives.

Would that you self-aggrandizing poseurs on the left could project a tenth of the empathy onto unborn humans that you do on cows.

Conservatives would kill to protect their right to profess love for life.

So predictable. First of all, I'm not a leftist. Never have been and never will be. Second of all, I'm strongly pro-life. Thirdly, it takes a small mind to assume that because I love and respect animals, I must be a "leftist" or pro-abortion. I mean, I get that it's easier to put people and issues into boxes such as "left" or "right," but being an advocate for the vulnerable and voiceless (whether it's animals or the preborn) has nothing to do with "left" or "right." It has to do with respecting all sentient beings and caring about mercy and justice.

Now that we got your presumptuous nonsense out of the way, I'll move on to the rest of your nonsense. Yes, you did claim he was saying something false, let's re-cap the discussion:

I said: "What he said about dairy was absolutely true."
You said: "No, it really isn't....."

Then you went on to talk about how he and I don't have experience with cows. Logical fallacy, and a non-argument. Sorry to break it to you, but there are tons of ex-dairy farmers who will tell you the same thing Joaquin said. Former dairy or beef farmers who are now animal advocates. Are their views invalid too, even though they worked as dairy farmers for 15 or more years? You would rather believe people who have a financial motive to cover up or sugarcoat the reality. How foolish and blind.

Bottom line, I don't have to be a dairy farmer to SEE WITH MY OWN TWO EYES the exploitation and cruelty that goes on, for profit or tradition. Anyone with a brain, a heart and eyes to see and ears to hear can see it.

Btw, one of the links I posted earlier was all about former dairy farmers who are exposing the industry. Since you won't believe me, I'll post some quotes for you below, from people who have years of experience on dairy farms or as cattle ranchers. I doubt you'll read these, but you might want to open up that tightly closed mind of yours.

"Their confused and grieving mothers would walk past the pens from the milking shed back to their pasture, and stand at the fence and cry for their babies that they could see and hear but never touch."

"Mothers were birthing outside my window and I was listening to their labour pains all night, then watching them loving and cleaning their babies until my partner came with the tractor and the cage and took those babies away from them forever."

“I just looked at the pen full of babies covered in afterbirth, their navels still bloody, and thought, ‘f…, these are real babies....... I realised what it took to get the milk. They weren’t machines, they were babies who wanted their mums.”

– Jessica Strathdee (Former New Zealand dairy farmer)

"It’s true what people say about cows bellowing and crying for days. They’re searching for their lost babies. The average person thinks calves get to stay with their mothers, out in the paddock until they’re grown, or at least weaned, but they don’t. Soon after birth, the farmer comes along, picks up the freshly-washed and loved newborn calf and heaves it into a trailer before driving off.

The mother cow, naturally horrified and distressed out of her mind, chases alongside the trailer, bellowing and calling to her baby, while the confused and terrified calf cries back to the mother."

Jackie Scurr (former dairy farmer of 18 years)

“We stopped producing dairy because it was so arduous. To take the cow’s milk, you have to separate her from her baby. This is really difficult… the cows get very upset when they are separated. It takes them a long time to get over.

"It was soul destroying."

– Jay Wilde (former UK beef and dairy farmer)

"...dairy cows are truly sick, miserable, abused creatures."

– Howard Lyman (former beef and dairy farmer for 45 years)

"As someone who worked in this industry for years, I know the cruelty of dairy farming all too well, as well as the ecological and environmental destruction it wreaks. I am proud to support Mothers Against Dairy and all they are working for."

– Andrew Limbe (former dairy farmer in New Zealand)

“We stood at the gate listening to one of our baby goats being driven away [to slaughter], crying in the trunk of the car. It was at this horrific moment when we looked at each other with tears in our eyes. We have since left the dairy industry and converted our farm into a sanctuary…There is now a very clear distinction between humane and inhumane farming. Humane farming is cultivating a plant-based diet. Inhumane farming is breeding any sentient being for production and consumption.”

– Cheri Ezell (former goat dairy farmer)

cheri-ezell.jpg

"The experience of watching them leave, the mamas wailing for a week, and the absence of their souls in the pasture haunted me. I've cried so many times over this that he has tried to hide the fact he is doing it but I always knew because of the wailing that the momma cows do when they lose their babies and can't find them."

– Renee King-Sonnen (former cattle rancher who converted their farm to an animal sanctuary)

“Before, I denied that I liked them. There was no other way. I wanted to earn a living. And now they are more like comrades. You are happy... you talk to them. You talk to a cow as well as to a pig or to a cat or a dog; I don’t see any difference."

– Jan Gerdes (former dairy farmer in Germany, who converted the farm into a sanctuary)

“Being a former animal farmer, at times you don't even feel worthy of forgiveness for the things you have done to the animals.”

– Harold Brown (former cattle farmer turned animal rights activist)

"As a child, I have witnessed the cruel separation of mother and calf over and over again, and was told that it was normal and necessary. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I am horrified that we live in a world that teaches children it is acceptable to invade and exploit motherhood in such a violent way. No one should support this. Mother’s milk is baby food and cow’s milk is for baby cows.”

– Marloes Boere (grew up on a dairy farm in the Netherlands)

Bull's eye with that one' they're sociopaths,and all they're interested in re this topic is propaganda value. Babies don't vote, so they can die by the millions as far as dope addled left wingers are concerned. Babies can cause inconveniences n stuff.

The Dope Addled can do a search for audios of 'Plants Screaming!', and listen to the horrors insensitive callous vegan butchers inflict on carrots n stuff.

Forum List

Back