Jimmy Carter says Mideast peace is 'vanishing'

Saigon----you can learn about islam by talking to muslims---reading the koran --visiting a mosque---etc etc ------you can learn A LOT MORE by talking to non muslims who survived islamic countries

visiting islamic countries will get you a nice cup of tea in the home of a nice friendly muslim host-----and a market place experience Right now---for a better understanding of islam ------you should visit Yemen rather than Jakarta, Try the capitol SANAA---and the area around it

Saigon----you can learn about islam by talking to muslims---reading the koran --visiting a mosque---etc etc ------you can learn A LOT MORE by talking to non muslims who survived islamic countries

Well then the next time I want to learn about America, I'll be sure not to go to America.

At the point I start posting laugh-out-loud childish fantasies about Carter's children being in league with the devil, I'll know I'm on the true path to enlightenment.

depends on what you call "the devil" I consider any movement designed to foist a MONOTHEISTIC THEOCRATIC GOVERNMENT ON THE WHOLE WORLD -------one of the greatest evils of the Millenium. In fact Carter and kids are involved in such a movement--------just who enthusiastic are his kids-----I have no idea------they may just do their jobs in the organization -----draw a check ----and go home. Carter has been a tool It is Totalitarian Utopian ideologies that under lies ----just about every genocide

I'm not going to East Timor nor Mali - I am going to Jakarta, jogjakrta and Bali.

I've ben to all 3 before, but this is a great opportunity to see where Indonesia is headed since they through Suhrto out.

How else can one learn about Islam than to go to Islmic countries?
You want me to clap for you, you fucking idiot? How about we all post our travel itinerary and see who's more qualified based on that. We've already seen how little you know of the people and culture of the places you claim to have visited. No need to embarass yourself more.

Bali is a good place to go--------it is the site of both a hindu and christian population that has been hit with bloody islamic terrorism

Jimmy Carter saved countless Israeli lives by bringing Egypt and Isreal to the table and helping them find a modus vivendi.

Lord knows the Israeli government fully understood that fact when it happened.
Jimmy Carter didn't do jack shit, The Israelis, Egyptians and Jordanians had already done all the groundwork beforehand. They just used Carter to basically certify the deal. Just like Obama didn't kill Osama, the Seal Team did, and the asshole takes credit for it as though he himself did it.

depends on what you call "the devil" I consider any movement designed to foist a MONOTHEISTIC THEOCRATIC GOVERNMENT ON THE WHOLE WORLD -------one of the greatest evils of the Millenium. In fact Carter and kids are involved in such a movement--------just who enthusiastic are his kids-----I have no idea------they may just do their jobs in the organization -----draw a check ----and go home. Carter has been a tool It is Totalitarian Utopian ideologies that under lies ----just about every genocide
Funny you should bring up the word devil, the late king of Iran was quoted as saying the reason he didn't trust Carter was because "he's a blue-eyed devil". Turns out he was right.

Funny you should bring up the word devil, the late king of Iran was quoted as saying the reason he didn't trust Carter was because "he's a blue-eyed devil". Turns out he was right.

What was the Shah of Ian's position on Carter?

Did they ever, for instance, toast each other with champagne on Iranian state TV?

Carter is something like a SOCIETY LADY looking for a ---a cause to support to BOLSTER her social standing . Of course such ladies often do accomplish something postive---- Like a social climbing lady-----he even brings his kids into the situation. The PEACE CORPS was a far more sophisticated and EFFECTIVE idea--------Carter did something too, all good What is your point?

I can answer your question from my own POV---saigon-----social services and charitable works are very nice--------even Hezbollah does them. Carter is no Hezbollah-----but charitable and political advice projects in afflicted lands would probably be better accomplished in more capable hands. His problem is that he accepts FUNDING from really evil sources------some of which are seeking TOTALITARIAN CONTROL

Did they ever, for instance, toast each other with champagne on Iranian state TV?
Carter abandoned the Shah.

I can answer your question from my own POV---saigon-----social services and charitable works are very nice--------even Hezbollah does them. Carter is no Hezbollah-----but charitable and political advice projects in afflicted lands would probably be better accomplished in more capable hands. His problem is that he accepts FUNDING from really evil sources------some of which are seeking TOTALITARIAN CONTROL

Whose hands would issues like the first Liberian election have been safer in, and in what way do you consider Carter's work in Liberia, Nicaragua etc to not have been a success?

Yes of course. The Shah considered the US an ally, and would therefore treat it's leader as an such. Too bad Carter had other plans for him.

Roudy -

How do you feel about the work Carter has done in Liberia?
How do you feel about the disaster his presidency was?

Please just answer the question.
What is there to answer? All I know is that nowadays telling a democrat "you're just like Carter" is the biggest insult. That's why he was kept at least 1000 miles away from the Democrat convention, and he has not been asked to make even ONE appearance on behalf of the Obama campaign. It's almost like he's passed away already.

What is there to answer? All I know is that nowadays telling a democrat "you're just like Carter" is the biggest insult. That's why he was kept at least 1000 miles away from the Democrat convention, and he has not been asked to make even ONE appearance on behalf of the Obama campaign. It's almost like he's passed away already.

True - he's much like Bush in that sense that he has beome synonymous with failure within his party.

In both cases that is partially deserved, but partially some bad luck.

This does not mean that his work with election monotiring has not been important, unique, successful and deserving of the utmost respect from people who genuinely believe in democracy.

Forum List

Back