Jesus woulda been pissed off royally...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
...if the governments of his day had used some of the tax money they collected to feed the poor. How dare they spit in God's face by so brazenly flouting his gift of freewill.

Don't take my word for it. Just ask M14 Shooter, USMB's repository of Christian knowledge and virtue.

Hey.. if thats the kind of god m14 represents then im glad i've chosen disbelief. I choose not to think of the legend of jebus like modern pharisee christians though, so...

• Banned
Hey.. if thats the kind of god m14 represents then im glad i've chosen disbelief. I choose not to think of the legend of jebus like modern pharisee christians though, so...

Curious. You consider your disbelief to be a choice?

• Banned
He thought it was an excellent idea. That's why he encouraged people to pay their taxes.

lol

But but but...

...that would mean that M14 doesn't know shit about Jesus or anything he ever taught and stood for. I'm sure he went to many Bible study classes in his youth so you (we) must be missing something here. No?

But but but...

...that would mean that M14 doesn't know shit about Jesus or anything he ever taught and stood for. I'm sure he went to many Bible study classes in his youth so you (we) must be missing something here. No?

I'm guessing.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that Jesus would be against any community program to help the poor. I can only think it relates to selfishness, which is oddly something Jesus preached against.

• Banned
I'm guessing.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that Jesus would be against any community program to help the poor. I can only think it relates to selfishness, which is oddly something Jesus preached against.

When Jesus said "Blessed are the cheese makers," it wasn't meant to be taken literally, but rather to refer to all manufacturers of dairy products, and by corrolary, all profiteering interests in general. As any Jesus scholar such as the veritable M14 Shooter can tell you, Jesus' general philosophy was make a buck and fuck the poor. :eusa_doh:

...in this case, disbelief.

Still not sure why it would necessarily be a choice. You didn't choose to observe no evidence of God afterall.

On the contrary. I HAVE chosen to allow myself the possibility that jebus is not a fact when considering the evidence. How many people have ever told you that Noah's flood carved out the grand canyon?

On the contrary. I HAVE chosen to allow myself the possibility that jebus is not a fact when considering the evidence.

That's not the "choice" we were talking about. At least not the one I was talking about. That being the choice to disbelieve. If you are going to base a conclusion solely upon what you observe, then the only time choice enters into said conclusion is when the observations are inconclusive. Are you, an admitted, militant atheist, really going to leave the door of faith slightly ajar by admitting that your observations are inconclusive?

How many people have ever told you that Noah's flood carved out the grand canyon?

Exactly zero.

then I suggest you get out and explore what amounts to the christian filter with regards to science. I can post some links and youtube vids if you'd like..

That's not the "choice" we were talking about. At least not the one I was talking about. That being the choice to disbelieve. If you are going to base a conclusion solely upon what you observe, then the only time choice enters into said conclusion is when the observations are inconclusive. Are you, an admitted, militant atheist, really going to leave the door of faith slightly ajar by admitting that your observations are inconclusive?

as far as my finite intellectual abilities are concerned the total absence of evidence IS NOT inconclusive. By that logic I COULD suggest that I can reverse gravity by dropping enough water into a bowl full of salt and insist that it was merely my limited observation not being quick enough to catch positive results rather than admit that staging this experiment over and over and over and over again validates the negative rather than an inconclusive result.

But, alas, even though I am, as you put it, a militant atheist, I am also not similarly zealous of my beliefs to not allow them to be adjusted in accordance with evidence; scientific, eh? Thus, I am comfortable in my atheism in leaving whatever door ajar that you want to believe in. I figure that I am safe from having to make any necessary changes until christians provide the evidence that we all know isn't there...

Settle down Beavis, I was just nit-picking. However I still maintain that believing or not believing in something isn't really a "choice" as much as it's a conclusion.

Settle down Beavis, I was just nit-picking. However I still maintain that believing or not believing in something isn't really a "choice" as much as it's a conclusion.

oh, I was just following you into the "baffle em with bullshit" zone.

Do you have the choice to accept or reject modern scientific conclusions? I offer Young Earthers as Atheist Peoples Evidence 1a

Non-sequitur alert!!!

But that's neither here nor there.

The fact is that I find it ironic that you consider your atheism more a choice than you do a conclusion based on observation and inference. In fact, you are the first atheist I've ever encountered that would characterize their atheism as a choice. Make of it what you will.

evidence is hardly a non-sequiter. flat earthers believe, and derive from, their faith that a god created the earth around 6-8k years ago. The evidence suggests otherwise but they are free to ignore such as it clashes with their beliefs. Likewise, many christians interpret naturally occuring order as evidence of a divine creator despite a lack of evidence making such a correlation. Is this proof? Even jebus knew that his deciples were fighting an uphill battle against belief despite the "evidence" of a returned messiah. Pilate washed his hands because he chose not to believe divinity over his duty. Peter himself, the very rock of the church, chose to deny jebus three times before the cock crowed AFTER following him around all that time. We make choices about what to believe regardless of the evidence.

Forum List

Back