Jesus woulda been pissed off royally...

Archaeologists use the old texts to find ancient historical sites.

But I've never said the Bible proves the existence of God. I've simply said nothing in the Bible has been DISPROVED and actually, quite a bit has been supported.

So.. then the koran is equally valuable in the exact same fashion as the bible since it makes referance to potential historic dig sights?

:lol:

oh you silly goose!

PS,

The Fossil record isn't a dig site, yo.

The Koran isn't as old as the Bible. And I don't believe it has been proven to be as accurate as the bible with regards to arch. digs. I'm not aware of any archaeologists using the koran to attempt to locate ancient sites?

The Koran isn't as old as the Bible. And I don't believe it has been proven to be as accurate as the bible with regards to arch. digs. I'm not aware of any archaeologists using the koran to attempt to locate ancient sites?

Holy SHIT! A christian who only thinks that their own historic tome is valid enough to consideratin?!?!

hot damn, this is so unique!

Ok, so then greeks, whose writing predate the construction of the bible by generations, are just as valid as the bible, eh? Nothing more than a map really. Something to keep in the glove compartment or under the car seat.

Indeed, it SHOCKS me that a christian wouldn't put in the effort to compare the uses of her tome versus that of another religion (that prays to the same god, no less)

...if the governments of his day had used some of the tax money they collected to feed the poor. How dare they spit in God's face by so brazenly flouting his gift of freewill.

Don't take my word for it. Just ask M14 Shooter, USMB's repository of Christian knowledge and virtue.

Why not quit the bs manifold? You really are so transparent. You clearly haven't a clue about Christian doctrine and this nonstop insistence that even though you aren't a Christian, you know and understand the doctrine better than any Christian -is ludicrous. You don't. And every time you start a new thread with this kind of garbage, you only prove it all over again. As I said before -atheists are rarely satisfied with their own lack of belief and most have this NEED to convince Christians in particular to join them. Only you can answer why you are so consumed by what Christians believe and feel this NEED to try and convince them that Christian doctrine is something other than what it really is. But haven't you wondered why don't you feel that same driving NEED to convince Jews that you know their religion better than they do? Or Muslims? Or Buddhists etc.? Its always Christianity you want to pretend you understand far better than any Christian. But your own words show you clearly missed the boat.

Why not quit the bs manifold? You really are so transparent. You clearly haven't a clue about Christian doctrine and this nonstop insistence that even though you aren't a Christian, you know and understand the doctrine better than any Christian -is ludicrous. You don't. And every time you start a new thread with this kind of garbage, you only prove it all over again. As I said before -atheists are rarely satisfied with their own lack of belief and most have this NEED to convince Christians in particular to join them. Only you can answer why you are so consumed by what Christians believe and feel this NEED to try and convince them that Christian doctrine is something other than what it really is. But haven't you wondered why don't you feel that same driving NEED to convince Jews that you know their religion better than they do? Or Muslims? Or Buddhists etc.? Its always Christianity you want to pretend you understand far better than any Christian. But your own words show you clearly missed the boat.

Just a thought, but perhaps he is a Christian?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the reason most people in this country that rail against Christians exclusively is because it's the Christians that are the majority religion and the ones trying to force their morals on everyone else.

:rolleyes:

Just a thought, but perhaps he is a Christian?

Bingo!

And faux-Christains like frazzledazzle really piss me off. Twisting the teachings of Jesus Christ to suit their hate-filled agenda.

If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
from the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
- Ian Anderson

Im REELING from the irony saturating this post.

I might have to sit down..

Funny how some of the worst offenders in misconstruing and APPLYING the new testament are Christian. Although by now you know that you were addressing a Christian, so don't you feel kinda silly?

And maybe just maybe no one feels the need to debate the old testament with jews is because we don't try to force others to live by it or tell them that they're going to hell if they don't...

just maybe ;o)

That said, if you ask three jews about the meaning of a bible passage, you will get ten answers because we EXPECT to debate these issue. We aren't afraid to debate them. We don't believe our faith is called into question if we debate them. And it's where the Socratic Method came from. So it's all good.

Part of being Christian is to be reviled, just as part of being Jewish is to be reviled. It states it in the bible. People who believe will be ridiculed, laughed at, scorned and persecuted. We are apart from everybody else, and we're supposed to be.

Whatever you think of Christians, if you are not a Christian, it doesn't matter. I think that's what annoys those who hate Christians so much. Nobody is living under the heel of oppressive, tyrannical Christians. People resent what we believe. It has nothing to do with anything we've done. It's a resentment of our belief. But it's simply what is described in the bible and rest easy knowing that for every hurt a Christian suffers for being a Christian, God has promised us a great reward.

So if you think you dislike Christians because they're bad Christians, though you aren't one; if you think you know what a Christian is supposed to be, but you aren't one yourself, I promise you, you're wrong. You can always find a few misguided and embarassing freaks on the fringest of Christian society, but you make a mistake in assuming they are representative of all Christians. And to understand Christianity is to be a Christian. If you aren't, then you don't, and that's the long and short of it.

Carry on with your ugly bigotry now. You can see much of the same sort of sneering, ridiculing and hatred on any white supremacist site, only there the people being degraded, devalued and criticized are Jews, Catholics, blacks, hispanics and asian.

yup. only christians can ever hope to read the bible and see that pharisee christians rationalize their own opinon more than they follow the word of jebus.

sure, baba.

whatever you say, man.

A non-Christian is in no position to judge the Christianity of those who are Christians. That's idiotic. I would never judge a Hindu, Muslim, or Jew based upon whether or not I think they're good and faithful followers of those religions.

But you guys get a pass because it's cool to bash Christians. We can't say a nasty word about Muslims or "wiccans" but by golly, say whatever you want about Christians, make any generalization you like. THAT'S not bigotry. That's just common sense, and evidence of "superior" understanding!

What a crock. I look forward to being there when people get to see what incredible asses they have been all their lives.

A non-Christian is in no position to judge the Christianity of those who are Christians. That's idiotic. I would never judge a Hindu, Muslim, or Jew based upon whether or not I think they're good and faithful followers of those religions.

But you guys get a pass because it's cool to bash Christians. We can't say a nasty word about Muslims or "wiccans" but by golly, say whatever you want about Christians, make any generalization you like. THAT'S not bigotry. That's just common sense, and evidence of "superior" understanding!

What a crock. I look forward to being there when people get to see what incredible asses they have been all their lives.

you odn't judge hindu's, MUSLIMS, ATHEISTS and PAGANS?

oooooook. whatever you say, baba.

trust me, it's too bad your post-death fantasy is science fiction. I'd love to catch the long list of "depart from me, I know ye not"s.

If Jesus were alive today, he'd be a member of the NRA too.

gunsandgod.jpg

Childish superstition: Einstein's letter makes view of religion relatively clear

In the letter, he states: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

OR DARWIN:

During these two years[1] I was led to think much about religion. Whilst on board the Beagle I was quite orthodox, and I remember being heartily laughed at by several of the officers (though themselves orthodox) for quoting the Bible as an unanswerable authority on some point of morality. I suppose it was the noveltry of the argument that amused them. But I had gradually come, by this time, to see that the Old Testament from its manifestly false history of the world, with the Tower of Babel, the rainbow at sign, etc., etc., and from its attributing to God the feelings of a revengeful tyrant, was no more to be trusted than the sacred books of the Hindoos, or the beliefs of any barbarian. The question then continually rose before my mind and would not be banished, -- is it credible that if God were now to make a revelation to the Hindoos, would he permit it to be connected with the belief in Vishnu, Siva, &c, as Christianity is connected with the Old Testament. This appeared to me utterly incredible.

or

I can indeed hardly see how anyone ought to wish Christianity to be true; for if so the plain language of the text seems to show that the men who do not believe, and this would include my Father, Brother and almost all of my friends, will be everlasting punished.

Forum List

Back