Jesus woulda been pissed off royally...

A non-Christian is in no position to judge the Christianity of those who are Christians. That's idiotic. I would never judge a Hindu, Muslim, or Jew based upon whether or not I think they're good and faithful followers of those religions.

But you guys get a pass because it's cool to bash Christians. We can't say a nasty word about Muslims or "wiccans" but by golly, say whatever you want about Christians, make any generalization you like. THAT'S not bigotry. That's just common sense, and evidence of "superior" understanding!

What a crock. I look forward to being there when people get to see what incredible asses they have been all their lives.

can someone who has seen many lives destroyed by christians judge? someone who has seen firsthand, in many churches, the hypocrisy that exists in christianity today? who is friends with a family that literally gets panic attacks when driving past a church due to how they were treated at one? who has himself been told he was a sinner and going to hell for pointing out how a church wasnt following jesus' teachings?

just as many christians are asses as non. at least atheists dont pretend to be righteous while sinning behind closed doors.

i never understood why most christians were repubs, the party that wants to give no help to the poor and that wants to fight wars all over the globe.

Luke 18: 25

"For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Of course the Randian argument might be made that camels are much smaller now, or perhaps eyes of needles much larger.

Wouldn't surprise me, frankly.

Those objectivist libertarians have no shame and reality isn't something they're especially wed to.

Those objectivist libertarians have no shame and reality isn't something they're especially wed to.

Can you expand on this just a bit? I tend to agree with you but I really can't articulate why. And whenever I get into discussions with real-life friends that preach libertarianism I often don't have a well thoughtout rebuttal when they play the objectivism card.

can someone who has seen many lives destroyed by christians judge? someone who has seen firsthand, in many churches, the hypocrisy that exists in christianity today? who is friends with a family that literally gets panic attacks when driving past a church due to how they were treated at one? who has himself been told he was a sinner and going to hell for pointing out how a church wasnt following jesus' teachings?

just as many christians are asses as non. at least atheists dont pretend to be righteous while sinning behind closed doors.

i never understood why most christians were repubs, the party that wants to give no help to the poor and that wants to fight wars all over the globe.

The hypocrisy does not exist in Christianity. It exists in those who call themselves Christians. More specifically, in the organizational doctrine of Christian churches.

"Most" Christians are not Republicans. That's a myth perpetuated by the leftwingnuts who like to take the rightwingnuts who ARE so-called Christians and present THEM as the only representation of the religion.

People listen to the Falwell's and Hagee's and claim they represent Chritianity when all you have to do is look at the size of their damned temples and bank accounts to know that there's something not-quite-so Christian going on there. I must have missed the Sunday School class where Jesus preached that amassing wealth while others do without is a good thing.

Or giving that wealth to political fundraising instead of proving food, clothing and shelter to the homeless. When we go out and build these homeless shelter on our own time and money you don't see any of these vast, mega-churches involved at all.

If you want to see the represenatives of Christianity, pick a little church that's been painted about 6,000 times by it's members. You won't find a bunch of Republicans hanging out there. No AC. Just ceiling fans.

Thus concludes today's sermon on organized religion and mega-churches that obviously in most cases have forgotten what they're supposed to be about.

When Jesus said "Blessed are the cheese makers," it wasn't meant to be taken literally, but rather to refer to all manufacturers of dairy products, and by corrolary, all profiteering interests in general. As any Jesus scholar such as the veritable M14 Shooter can tell you, Jesus' general philosophy was make a buck and fuck the poor. :eusa_doh:

you are a moron. saying that what Jesus preached and spoke advocated government action .... that is complete bull. provide one verse of Jesus's that advocated the government do this.

else you should recant and admit you completely distorted God's word.

No, as I said. Unless a person is a Christian, they are in no position to judge whether or not someone else is a "good" Christian.

And your idiotic assumption that repubs want to give no help to the poor makes you look a fool. Republicans do not want the GOVERNMENT to control anyone, including the poor, whether it's through giving them handouts or legislating the way they are allowed to use their property. However, Christians and Republicans alike are very staunch believers in charity, at home and abroad.

Find some stats that compare how much churches give to the poor, compared to the government, then find some stats which show the difference between liberal individual contributions to the poor and republican. I think your socks will be knocked off.

In light of the subject, I thought some of you might appreciate Kinky Freedman's take on the Prince of Peace.

Well, a redneck nerd in a bowling shirt was a-guzzlin lone star beer
Talking religion and-uh politics for all the world to hear.
they oughta send you back to russia, boy, or new york city one
You just want to doodle a christian girl and you killed gods only son.

I said, has it occurred to you, you nerd, that thats not very nice,
We jews believe it was santa claus that killed jesus christ.
you know, you dont look jewish, he said, near as I could figger
I had you lamped for a slightly anemic, well-dressed country ******.

No, they aint makin jews like jesus anymore,
They dont turn the other cheek the way they done before.
He started in to shoutin and a-spittin on the floor,
lord, they aint makin jews like jesus anymore.

He says, i aint a racist but aristitle onassis is one greek we dont need
And them *******, jews and sigma nus, all they ever do is breed.
And wops n micks n slopes n spics n spooks are on my list
And theres one little hebe from the heart of texas is there anyone I missed ?

Well, I hits him with everything I had right square between the eyes.
I says, Im gonna gitcha, you son of a bitch ya, for spoutin that pack of lies.
If theres one thing I cant abide, its an ethnocentric racist;
Now you take back that thing you said bout aristitle onassis.

We dont turn the other cheek the way we done before.
You could hear that honky holler as he hit that hardwood floor
lord, they sho aint makin jews like jesus anymore!
All right!

We dont turn the other cheek the way they done before.
You hear that honky holler as he hit that hardwood floor
Lord, they aint makin jews like jesus anymore.

Everybody!
They aint makin jews like jesus anymore,
They aint makin carpenters who know what nails are for.
Well, the whole damn place was singin as I strolled right out the door
lord, they aint makin jews like jesus anymore!

No, we aint makin jews like jesus anymore,
We dont turn the other cheek the way they done before.
Well, the whole damn place was singin as I strolled right out the door
lord, they aint makin jews like jesus anymore!

No, as I said. Unless a person is a Christian, they are in no position to judge whether or not someone else is a "good" Christian.

And your idiotic assumption that repubs want to give no help to the poor makes you look a fool. Republicans do not want the GOVERNMENT to control anyone, including the poor, whether it's through giving them handouts or legislating the way they are allowed to use their property. However, Christians and Republicans alike are very staunch believers in charity, at home and abroad.

Find some stats that compare how much churches give to the poor, compared to the government, then find some stats which show the difference between liberal individual contributions to the poor and republican. I think your socks will be knocked off.

saying im not a christian? course, we shouldnt forget, 'judge not lest ye be judged.'

and the majority of christians do vote repub.
http://pewforum.org/religion08/

in '04 78% of white evangelicans voted repub. what changes the numbers for all christians in an election is blacks, who overwhelmingly vote dem. but even taking that into account, more than 50% of all christians vote repub. thats a majority. to me, 'most' means a majority.
and to Gunny, the churches I'm complaining about was one with about 220 members, one with 150 members, and one with 1,200. i think i saw a wide enough spectrum to form my opinion, not just one megachurch as you seem to think.

yes, repubs want non govt agencies to help the poor, but as far as i can tell it has never been a central platform. it is rarely discussed. if all social programs were suddently stopped, do you think the giving of people to charities would vastly increase to make up the difference? maybe dems dont give as much to charities because their govt's are working on it. sure, it's debateable how much the repubs actually want to help the poor, but far too often their attitude toward poverty is that people are there purely because theyre lazy.

The hypocrisy does not exist in Christianity. It exists in those who call themselves Christians. More specifically, in the organizational doctrine of Christian churches.

"Most" Christians are not Republicans. That's a myth perpetuated by the leftwingnuts who like to take the rightwingnuts who ARE so-called Christians and present THEM as the only representation of the religion.

People listen to the Falwell's and Hagee's and claim they represent Chritianity when all you have to do is look at the size of their damned temples and bank accounts to know that there's something not-quite-so Christian going on there. I must have missed the Sunday School class where Jesus preached that amassing wealth while others do without is a good thing.

Or giving that wealth to political fundraising instead of proving food, clothing and shelter to the homeless. When we go out and build these homeless shelter on our own time and money you don't see any of these vast, mega-churches involved at all.

If you want to see the represenatives of Christianity, pick a little church that's been painted about 6,000 times by it's members. You won't find a bunch of Republicans hanging out there. No AC. Just ceiling fans.

Thus concludes today's sermon on organized religion and mega-churches that obviously in most cases have forgotten what they're supposed to be about.

precisely Gunny

Busara said:
"saying im not a christian? course, we shouldnt forget, 'judge not lest ye be judged.'

http://pewforum.org/religion08/

in '04 78% of white evangelicans voted repub. what changes the numbers for all christians in an election is blacks, who overwhelmingly vote dem. but even taking that into account, more than 50% of all christians vote repub. thats a majority. to me, 'most' means a majority.
and to Gunny, the churches I'm complaining about was one with about 220 members, one with 150 members, and one with 1,200. i think i saw a wide enough spectrum to form my opinion, not just one megachurch as you seem to think.

yes, repubs want non govt agencies to help the poor, but as far as i can tell it has never been a central platform. it is rarely discussed. if all social programs were suddently stopped, do you think the giving of people to charities would vastly increase to make up the difference? maybe dems dont give as much to charities because their govt's are working on it. sure, it's debateable how much the repubs actually want to help the poor, but far too often their attitude toward poverty is that people are there purely because theyre lazy."

I'm not the one judging. I'm arguing with those who think that non-Christians are in a position to judge the Christianity of Christians. Nor did I imply you were, or weren't, a Christian. You are interpreting my comments through your own assumptions and bias.

"White evangelicans". That leaves out a LOT of people, busara. And why would it be a political platform to tell people to donate privately? How, exactly, would that fit in with running a campaign? It doesn't, of course. You can't base a platform on things which have nothing to do with the government...unless you intend to bring the church into politics, which despite the wailing of the left, the right really has no interest in doing.

Which brings me to this interesting tidbit. When T.Jefferson referred to a division between church and state (and not in the constitution but via a letter) he was referring to curtailing the government's ability to interfere in church matters. The bible also tells us to keep the two things distinct.

And yes, if all government programs were stopped, the poor would still be cared for. Perhaps not in the manner to which they have become accustomed, but there would be no sudden dying-off of welfare mothers and their children.

The dems don't give as much to charity because they don't CARE as much about the poor. They want the government to pay for it because THEY DON'T WANT TO. Do you get it yet? The same government which serves the dems serves the Republicans...and still the Republicans give more. I think that says a lot about who truly "cares" for and about the needy.

And I'd like to see a link which proves your insulting and bigoted comment that "by far" Republicans think the poor are poor because they're lazy. Otherwise, we'll just acknowledge it for what it is...hate-filled rhetoric which has no basis in fact.

Last edited:
Busara said:
"saying im not a christian? course, we shouldnt forget, 'judge not lest ye be judged.'

Pew Forum : Religion in 2008 Presidential Campaign, Opinion Polls, Compare Candidate Issues, States

yes, repubs want non govt agencies to help the poor, but as far as i can tell it has never been a central platform. it is rarely discussed. if all social programs were suddently stopped, do you think the giving of people to charities would vastly increase to make up the difference? maybe dems dont give as much to charities because their govt's are working on it. sure, it's debateable how much the repubs actually want to help the poor, but far too often their attitude toward poverty is that people are there purely because theyre lazy."

I'm not the one judging. I'm arguing with those who think that non-Christians are in a position to judge the Christianity of Christians. Nor did I imply you were, or weren't, a Christian. You are interpreting my comments through your own assumptions and bias.

"White evangelicans". That leaves out a LOT of people, busara. And why would it be a political platform to tell people to donate privately? How, exactly, would that fit in with running a campaign? It doesn't, of course. You can't base a platform on things which have nothing to do with the government...unless you intend to bring the church into politics, which despite the wailing of the left, the right really has no interest in doing.

Which brings me to this interesting tidbit. When T.Jefferson referred to a division between church and state (and not in the constitution but via a letter) he was referring to curtailing the government's ability to interfere in church matters. The bible also tells us to keep the two things distinct.

And yes, if all government programs were stopped, the poor would still be cared for. Perhaps not in the manner to which they have become accustomed, but there would be no sudden dying-off of welfare mothers and their children.

The dems don't give as much to charity because they don't CARE as much about the poor. They want the government to pay for it because THEY DON'T WANT TO. Do you get it yet? The same government which serves the dems serves the Republicans...and still the Republicans give more. I think that says a lot about who truly "cares" for and about the needy.

And I'd like to see a link which proves your insulting and bigoted comment that "by far" Republicans think the poor are poor because they're lazy. Otherwise, we'll just acknowledge it for what it is...hate-filled rhetoric which has no basis in fact.

utter bullcrap allie....

The Dems do care about the poor and they want THEIR TAX MONEY to go towards helping them.... it is NOT the gvts money, it is their own taxes that they would like to go to helping the poor.

YOUR opinion on this means nilch....you could no more represent what Dems do and think than a worm under ground, and YOU know this....but yet you'd rather mouth off STUPID partisan cliches that you have been brainwashed to mouth off to make yourself feel better....sorry to be harsh, but this is precisely what you have done.

the SAME goes for Dems that mouth off that conservatives do not care for the poor...there are clearly SOME who don't, but for the majority of them, I believe do care about the poor, they just think differently on how they should be cared for.....not through gvt means.

This is a ridiculous issue made a PARTISAN issue that both sides could work together on, because for the most part, neither side WANTS to see another human being, starve to death or live without a home on the streets with their kids....imo.

Care

sure they can judge...this is why we were asked to be holy all the time, (not that failure will not come)....so that they would have nothing bad to say about us, IS WHAT the Bible states....

you will know them by their deeds....

not that the deeds will save them, but you will know them by their deeds....do they live by Christ?

Care

Forum List

Back