Jaffa, never a city of Palestine

No, actually, I believe I have proven the exact opposite.

In your delusional mind, perhaps, not in reality where most of us reside.

When you are reduced to simply insulting in order to get the last word, it shows that you have lost.

Good day.

That is true, typically when speaking of Liberals and Democrats, but if you notice Marc39 has over 8000 posts, it takes a pretty ignorant fool to attempt to characterize ones posts in response to you as representive of all of Marc39 posts.

After all, one does not speak the same to fools as one speaks to scholars.

When was it that the Jews were the only people living in Jaffa?

Jews lived in Judah 2,000 years before Arab intruders who originated from Arabia. "Jewish" is derived from Judah.

Jews lived in Judah at least in 1200 BCE, verified by the archaeological record.

Arabs didn't intrude on Judah until 638 CE.

You and your fellow sand rats lose, as usual. :lol:

All that smoke and no fire.

Not all fires rage before they consume the forest

When was it that the Jews were the only people living in Jaffa?

Jews lived in Judah 2,000 years before Arab intruders who originated from Arabia. "Jewish" is derived from Judah.

Jews lived in Judah at least in 1200 BCE, verified by the archaeological record.

No reputational points for you. :lol:

As Israeli historians have noted, however, one of the Jewish leadership’s main aims in the 1948 war was the expulsion of the Palestinian population from Jaffa, especially given its proximity to Tel Aviv, the new Jewish state’s largest city.

Ilan Pappe, an historian, writes that the people of Jaffa were “literally pushed into the sea” to board fishing boats destined for Gaza as “Jewish troops shot over their heads to hasten their expulsion”.

By the end of the war, no more than 4,000 of Jaffa’s 70,000 Palestinians remained. The Israeli government nationalised all their property and corralled the residents into the Ajami neighbourhood, south of Jaffa port. For two years they were sealed off from the rest of Jaffa behind barbed wire.
Jonathan Cook: The Expulsion of Palestinians from Jaffa

Jaffa was the largest city in historic Palestine during the years of the British mandate, with a population of more than 80,000 Palestinians in addition to the 40,000 persons living in the towns and villages in its immediate vicinity. In the period between the UN Partition resolution (UNGA 181) of 29 November 1947, and the declaration of the establishment of the State of Israel, Zionist military forces displaced 95 percent of Jaffa's indigenous Arab Palestinian population. Jaffa's refugees accounted for 15 percent of Palestinian refugees in that fateful year, and today they are dispersed across the globe, still banned from returning by the state responsible for their displacement.

Jaffa was the epicenter of the Palestinian economy before the 1948 Nakba. Beginning in the early 19th century, the people of Jaffa had cultivated citrus groves, particularly oranges, on their land. International demand for Jaffa oranges propelled the city onto the world stage, earning the city an important place in the global economy. By the 1930s, Jaffa was exporting tens of millions of citrus crates to the rest of the world, which provided thousands of jobs for the people of the city and its environs, and linking them to the major commercial centers of the Mediterranean coast and the European continent.
Jaffa: from eminence to ethnic cleansing - Anarkismo

[
[SIZE="]Jaffa was the largest city in historic Palestine

Palestine is not historic. The correct historical geographic name of the land is Canaan/Judah and Eretz Israel. :lol:

There are no references to Palestine in the Hebrew Bible, Christian Bible, Quran or any ancient historical document or archaeological artifact.

Thus, you are clueless, as usual :clap2:

Palestine is derived from the Latin "Palaestina" invented by the Romans, who were European invaders, who renamed Judah when Jews had lived there for 1500 years and 500years before the Muslim intruders invaded.

Historian Bernard Lewis...
Official Roman usage of the name Palestine to designate the area of the former Jewish kingdom seems to date from after the Jewish risings and their suppression. The Emperor Hadrian made a determined attempt to stamp out the embers not only of the revolt but of Jewish nationhood and statehood.

It would seem that the name Judaea was abolished at the same time as Jerusalem and the country renamed Palestina or Syria-Palestina with the same intention to obliterate its historic Jewish identity.

Palestine was sometimes extended to include territories further east but was not usually applied to Judaea [Israel, today] , which in Roman times was still officially and commonly known by that name [Judea].
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Faith-Power-Religion-Politics-Middle/dp/019514421X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291669757&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Faith and Power: Religion and Politics in the Middle East (9780195144215): Bernard Lewis: Books[/ame]

Your history lesson for the day, gratis :clap2:

Last edited:
The original topic was Jaffa and its origins. And I quote (Jonah Chapter 1, verse 3): "But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the L-rd, and he went down to Jaffa, and found a ship going to Tarshish, so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish, from the presence of the L-rd". (In Hebrew Jaffa is pronounced Yaffo.) Jaffa has been a Jewish port city from Biblical times. (Catch the Israeli musical movie "Kazablan", where Jaffa figures prominently.)
Am I a Biblical scholar or what? ::Takes a bow.::

The original topic was Jaffa and its origins. And I quote (Jonah Chapter 1, verse 3): "But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the L-rd, and he went down to Jaffa, and found a ship going to Tarshish, so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish, from the presence of the L-rd". (In Hebrew Jaffa is pronounced Yaffo.) Jaffa has been a Jewish port city from Biblical times. (Catch the Israeli musical movie "Kazablan", where Jaffa figures prominently.)
Am I a Biblical scholar or what? ::Takes a bow.::

The subtext of the OP is the invention of the non-historical Palestine and its non- legitimacy

No reputational points for you. :lol:

You seem awfully concerned about rep points.

As Israeli historians have noted, however, one of the Jewish leadership’s main aims in the 1948 war was the expulsion of the Palestinian population from Jaffa, especially given its proximity to Tel Aviv, the new Jewish state’s largest city.

Ilan Pappe, an historian, writes that the people of Jaffa were “literally pushed into the sea” to board fishing boats destined for Gaza as “Jewish troops shot over their heads to hasten their expulsion”.

By the end of the war, no more than 4,000 of Jaffa’s 70,000 Palestinians remained. The Israeli government nationalised all their property and corralled the residents into the Ajami neighbourhood, south of Jaffa port. For two years they were sealed off from the rest of Jaffa behind barbed wire.

Jaffa was the largest city in historic Palestine during the years of the British mandate, with a population of more than 80,000 Palestinians in addition to the 40,000 persons living in the towns and villages in its immediate vicinity. In the period between the UN Partition resolution (UNGA 181) of 29 November 1947, and the declaration of the establishment of the State of Israel, Zionist military forces displaced 95 percent of Jaffa's indigenous Arab Palestinian population. Jaffa's refugees accounted for 15 percent of Palestinian refugees in that fateful year, and today they are dispersed across the globe, still banned from returning by the state responsible for their displacement.

Jaffa was the epicenter of the Palestinian economy before the 1948 Nakba. Beginning in the early 19th century, the people of Jaffa had cultivated citrus groves, particularly oranges, on their land. International demand for Jaffa oranges propelled the city onto the world stage, earning the city an important place in the global economy. By the 1930s, Jaffa was exporting tens of millions of citrus crates to the rest of the world, which provided thousands of jobs for the people of the city and its environs, and linking them to the major commercial centers of the Mediterranean coast and the European continent.

Nice site, I like this photo, amidst the ethnic cleansing by the evil, brutal, Zionist, military force, the poor Palestinians are photographed fleeing for their lives as fast as they can, I can see the fear in the photo, I see the bullets and bombs going off, bodies of the massacre are everywhere. These photos are clear evidence of an atrocity that surpasses any photo from Nazi Germany.

I will not be able to sleep tonight, the brutality is inhuman.

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_090225jaffa5.jpg

The same Ilan Pappe who admits to not being interested in the facts? :lol:

Ilan Pappe...
I am not as interested in what happened as in how people see what's happened. :lol:

I admit that my ideology influences my historical writings:lol:

Indeed the struggle is about ideology, not about facts. Who knows what facts are? We try to convince as many people as we can that our interpretation of the facts is the correct one, and we do it because of ideological reasons, not because we are truthseekers:lol:
http://www.ee.bgu.ac.il/~censor/katz-directory/$99-11-29loos-pappe-interview.htm

Last edited:

Ilan Pappe...
I am not as interested in what happened as in how people see what's happened. :lol:

Indeed the struggle is about ideology, not about facts. Who knows what facts are? We try to convince as many people as we can that our interpretation of the facts is the correct one, and we do it because of ideological reasons, not because we are truthseekers:lol:
http://www.ee.bgu.ac.il/~censor/katz-directory/$99-11-29loos-pappe-interview.htm

I think you need to edit this, that is not a quote from me.

Take note, in order for this historian to make a twisted point, he states Palestinians, today when we speak of Palestinians we are referring to Sunni-Moslem-Arabs.

Sixty years ago Palestinians where Christians, Greeks, Armenians, and many other people.

Ilan Pappe...

I think you need to edit this, that is not a quote from me.

Ah, yes, the resident "scholar" and internet solicitor Ho Say tried to pass off Ilan Pappe as a legitimate historian.

Correction noted.

Nice site, I like this photo, amidst the ethnic cleansing by the evil, brutal, Zionist, military force, the poor Palestinians are photographed fleeing for their lives as fast as they can, I can see the fear in the photo, I see the bullets and bombs going off, bodies of the massacre are everywhere. These photos are clear evidence of an atrocity that surpasses any photo from Nazi Germany.

I cannot beleive George/chomsky-jos are ignoring my post.

They should be thanking me for finally taking their side. After all, Jos linked to the horrific tragedy of jewish ethnic cleansing

I cannot beleive George/chomsky-jos are ignoring my post.

They should be thanking me for finally taking their side. After all, Jos linked to the horrific tragedy of jewish ethnic cleansing

Look at this first cart, imagine the struggle to push something with such tiny wheels.

Forum List

Back