Its official. Americans are stupid.

Big difference between stupid and ignorant. Many Americans choose to be ignorant.

What is official is that Repubs call education "elitist" and "snobbish".

While most of the rest of the world is eagerly educating their populace to be able to compete on the world stage, we are making it all but impossible for our own people to get an first class education.

OTOH, getting a poor education at home, learning from people who know little or nothing about the subjects they're "teaching" is now valued by low information citizens.

Its why we are no longer first in very much of anything.

Big difference between stupid and ignorant. Many Americans choose to be ignorant.

While most of the rest of the world is eagerly educating their populace to be able to compete on the world stage, we are making it all but impossible for our own people to get an first class education.

OTOH, getting a poor education at home, learning from people who know little or nothing about the subjects they're "teaching" is now valued by low information citizens.

Dumb post.

I blame this on the parents just as much as I do the education system but ultimately it's up to the kids to buckle down and apply themselves.

Dumb post.
Which one. Mine, or Ned's?

I blame this on the parents just as much as I do the education system but ultimately it's up to the kids to buckle down and apply themselves.

Our kids don't stand a chance. They are the victims of a deliberate attempt, by the federal government to raise a generation of idiots. It's intentional. I refuse to believe that it is the result of incompetence. Such a widespread level of incompetence does not exist.

Yeah, Republicans run Progressive public ed, that's the ticket!

Our kids don't stand a chance. They are the victims of a deliberate attempt, by the federal government to raise a generation of idiots. It's intentional. I refuse to believe that it is the result of incompetence. Such a widespread level of incompetence does not exist.

It's "liberalism" in schools, I'll grant that much. Our children attend private schools and time and time again their scores blow away public schools, not just our kids but all of them. Another thing I notice the kids in private schools are ahead of those in public schools in most areas. Don't even get me started on Common Core, it's insanity

Last edited:
Our educational system has been dumbed down for decades. And colleges now have remedial reading classes for incoming freshmen! If they cannot read, they have no business being in college (No matter if they can catch a ball or not!)

If we were smart, we would get copies of the curriculum from the 30's and start from there. And this business about no homework is nonsense!

Our educational system has been dumbed down for decades. And colleges now have remedial reading classes for incoming freshmen! If they cannot read, they have no business being in college (No matter if they can catch a ball or not!)

If we were smart, we would get copies of the curriculum from the 30's and start from there. And this business about no homework is nonsense!
Go back to the 1830's and see what "kids" could do.

The stuff they taught in the 1930's would be useless today. So would the stuff I was taught in the 50's and 60's.

Today's student need to learn to use technology, they need to learn science, not creationism, and math. And they need to learn to think for themselves, something American parents seem violently opposed to. Right wing parents was children to grow up to be good little conservatives, and they want their children to be taught to believe as they believe.

If Americans don't stop trying to politicize education, the U.S. will continue to decline in science, technology, and soon those declines will affect all aspects of their economic growth.

Let college kids think for themselves and they go on spring break. They need keepers until they are 35 or so.

Forum List

Back