Its official. Americans are stupid.

I blame this on the parents just as much as I do the education system but ultimately it's up to the kids to buckle down and apply themselves.

Our kids don't stand a chance. They are the victims of a deliberate attempt, by the federal government to raise a generation of idiots. It's intentional. I refuse to believe that it is the result of incompetence. Such a widespread level of incompetence does not exist.
Nobody stops them from learning outside of school...

I would like to point out that Christian schools consistently outperform public schools. Maybe the public schools should start taking some notes on how they should be doing things.

Those Home Schooled kids always get beat by the Public Schoolers during the Spelling Bees too!

I would like to point out that Christian schools consistently outperform public schools. Maybe the public schools should start taking some notes on how they should be doing things.
I would like to point out that private schools of all kinds can pick and choose their clientele and put demands on their students and parents that public schools are not allowed to even think about doing.

I believe in school choice.....that public schools can choose who they will accept and keep......just like private schools can.

And yet we are still the only nation to walk on the Moon.

And yet we created the transistor

And yet we created the Internet.

And yet we created the cell phone.

And yet we created the smart phones.

And yet we have the most diverse nation composed of many races and creeds which is probably why when taken as a whole the average appears dumb. But as a nation we still are the shining city. When people stop trying to get in then people who hate America might have a point, until then they should STFU.

Our educational system has been dumbed down for decades. And colleges now have remedial reading classes for incoming freshmen! If they cannot read, they have no business being in college (No matter if they can catch a ball or not!)

If we were smart, we would get copies of the curriculum from the 30's and start from there. And this business about no homework is nonsense!

The stuff they taught in the 1930's would be useless today. So would the stuff I was taught in the 50's and 60's.

Today's student need to learn to use technology, they need to learn science, not creationism, and math. And they need to learn to think for themselves, something American parents seem violently opposed to. Right wing parents was children to grow up to be good little conservatives, and they want their children to be taught to believe as they believe.

If Americans don't stop trying to politicize education, the U.S. will continue to decline in science, technology, and soon those declines will affect all aspects of their economic growth.

Learning technology and science is fine, but learning history, geography and number sense is also important. Students would never become physicists or scientists without it. We have to teach kids how to write reports and creative writing. We're losing the educational battle. Did you read the link?

Forum List

Back