It seems there are actually people that want to leave a dirty planet to their children.

If you are saying we have to end all fossil fuels

I didn't say that.

and you are saying if we don't that the world will end in 12 years

Didn't say that either.

we don't have currently available replacement for fossil fuels, and there isn't one on the horizon now, that is even mythical close to being implemented in 12 years.

Agreed.

The only CO2-free replacement for fossil fuels is Nuclear power, which AOC laughably suggests we don't use.

Anybody that doesn't want to make nuclear part of the plan is naive.

Even if we did use Nuclear, it would take a heck of a lot longer than 12 years to replace all fossil fuel power plants with Nuclear ones. It would take years just to setup those projects, and decades to complete, even with unlimited government backing.

Yeah, probably.

I'd love to hear how this works.

How this works is AOC is a 29 year old populist that doesn't singularly represent the views and reasoning of everybody on the left wing. The left is not advocating for a ban on oil before we're ready for an actual transition. AOC is young, idealistic and apparently likes to exaggerate.

When alternative energy sources become economically feasible, the private market will shift to those energy sources without the need for any ban on fossil fuels.

Sweet Jesus, We pray that you will please spare us from having to hear over and over again from the Right about how we are trying to "ban fossil fuels'.....

I may be leaving the world a pigsty for my kids when I go, but I'm not an uncaring monster.

I'm also going to leave them a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, leaf blower, rakes... all kinds of stuff.

It all evens out in the end.
As long as they don't need to breath or eat.

Lighten up Lucy. Twas just a joke.

Could you dumbasses start by cleaning up LA and San Fran? Your children are shitting in the streets and leaving hypodermic syringes lying about. They are bringing in rats, their friends, and contacting thypus Please send a cleaning crew!

Compared to the tons of plastic we have dumped in the ocean, the toxic chemicals left behind when industries close, and the pollutants dumped in our water ways and underground water supplies, the shit on the streets and syringes matter little.

Oh, so since we can't stop plastics in the ocean, we just say "Fuck it" and keep shitting on the street?
I guess his intelligence is at such a level that he doesn't know about disease from feces in the street and those used needles when it rains.

So you think shit and needles on the streets in SF is the worst example of pollution on the planet?

Talk about low intelligence.
yes I do. I feel disease killed many on this planet over the centuries. the fact that you post what you post and are ok with famine and disease, tells me all I need to know about ignorance like yours. How many cities have sewers in today's world?

See what I mean JC........these bozo's don't even bat an eyelash with whats going on in SanFrancisco. Poop and needles are not pollution to them. Thats a product of societal failures....nothing to see. And they say we are dangerous!!:coffee:

I guess that this is what the Right refers to as "trade off" when the discussion turns to pollution:

Picher, Oklahoma - Wikipedia

The entire town is uninhabitable for the foreseeable future.

"Tradeoff"..........what that means s0n is, you don't go painting things with these broad strokes when there is an anomaly here or there. People on the right think it is incredibly fucking st00pid to dream of a world with no pollution, unlike the climate obsessed among us. Fortunately, most people think like that.....nobody sits home angst all the time about pollution. Only the environmental nutters of which there are few......thank God!

I guess that this is what the Right refers to as "trade off" when the discussion turns to pollution:

"Tradeoff"..........what that means s0n is, you don't go painting things with these broad strokes when there is an anomaly here or there. People on the right think it is incredibly fucking st00pid to dream of a world with no pollution, unlike the climate obsessed among us. Fortunately, most people think like that.....nobody sits home angst all the time about pollution. Only the environmental nutters of which there are few......thank God!
skooks, packaging for everything would have to end. no cardboard boxes, no bottles, no cans, no plastic no pipes for water, no treatment centers so no removal of bacteria, fk dude, these idiots wish to kill off mankind by killing pollution. it is what makes us whole. without bacteria, more kids would die of diseases cause they would never get used to it, see what I mean?

Could you dumbasses start by cleaning up LA and San Fran? Your children are shitting in the streets and leaving hypodermic syringes lying about. They are bringing in rats, their friends, and contacting thypus Please send a cleaning crew!

Compared to the tons of plastic we have dumped in the ocean, the toxic chemicals left behind when industries close, and the pollutants dumped in our water ways and underground water supplies, the shit on the streets and syringes matter little.

Oh, so since we can't stop plastics in the ocean, we just say "Fuck it" and keep shitting on the street?

Let me know when research shows animals in the farthest reaches being effected by people shitting on the streets.

I'm more concerned with humans in cities than tiny sea creatures in deep sea trenches.

I'm concerned with environmental problems in general. The OP talked about people who want a dirty planet, and defined them (partially) as those who think the EPA should be closed. There are 1,200 to 1,300 Superfund sites being cleaned now. Those pollutants are hazardous and long term.

People on the right are concerned that there are many folks out there who are just plain naïve about the nature of governmental bureaucracies. Progressives particularly have no clue.....they really do think that the EPA is concerned only about its organizational mandate/mission. Staggering levels of naïve.

https://www.enotes.com/research-starters/bureaucratic-inertia

skooks, packaging for everything would have to end. no cardboard boxes, no bottles, no cans, no plastic no pipes for water, no treatment centers so no removal of bacteria, fk dude, these idiots wish to kill off mankind by killing pollution. it is what makes us whole. without bacteria, more kids would die of diseases cause they would never get used to it, see what I mean?

Yep its the whole tradeoffs thing........these people just have a distinct inability to think on the margin. Clearly a brain pathology. Im not saying these people are stupid because they are not.....many in here are a lot smarter than me. Some just suck at abstracts. Its a thought processing thing.......very different than intelligence.

Yep its the whole tradeoffs thing........these people just have a distinct inability to think on the margin. Clearly a brain pathology. Im not saying these people are stupid because they are not.....many in here are a lot smarter than me. Some just suck at abstracts. Its a thought processing thing.......very different than intelligence.
skooks, it's called common sense. and most intelligent folk have very little if any common sense. Everywhere I've ever been. EVER!!!!

skooks, it's called common sense. and most intelligent folk have very little if any common sense. Everywhere I've ever been. EVER!!!!

Correct..........which is why we are winning. They don't get that it all isn't just about intelligence.

A huge reason that climate change action doesn't go anywhere is because people that vote have enough common sense to know that the US going it alone on climate change action is hairbrained while China opens 1-3 coal plants each month. This is exactly why the "consensus science" doesn't resonate with the public as it applies to climate change action. That stumps the typical climate k00k which to me is fascinating.

I guess his intelligence is at such a level that he doesn't know about disease from feces in the street and those used needles when it rains.

So you think shit and needles on the streets in SF is the worst example of pollution on the planet?

Talk about low intelligence.
yes I do. I feel disease killed many on this planet over the centuries. the fact that you post what you post and are ok with famine and disease, tells me all I need to know about ignorance like yours. How many cities have sewers in today's world?

See what I mean JC........these bozo's don't even bat an eyelash with whats going on in SanFrancisco. Poop and needles are not pollution to them. Thats a product of societal failures....nothing to see. And they say we are dangerous!!:coffee:

I'd love to see you post a quote of when I said you are dangerous. I think you want me to be some limp-wristed hippy type, which makes it easier to debate.

I have not said anything close to being ok with poop and needles on the street in SF. But I think you are more interested in that particular subject because you use it against your political opposition. As far as the environment goes, I could give a rat's ass about DNC/GOP or Conservative/Progressive.

Correct..........which is why we are winning. They don't get that it all isn't just about intelligence.

A huge reason that climate change action doesn't go anywhere is because people that vote have enough common sense to know that the US going it alone on climate change action is hairbrained while China opens 1-3 coal plants each month. This is exactly why the "consensus science" doesn't resonate with the public as it applies to climate change action. That stumps the typical climate k00k which to me is fascinating.

Well, by god, we can't let the Chinese destroy the planet before WE do! It is a matter of pride!

Well, by god, we can't let the Chinese destroy the planet before WE do! It is a matter of pride!
there you go!

Forum List

Back