It really is baffling to me republicans still think the wall is a good idea

79,000 DEAD Americans just in the past 2 years from Fentanyl being trafficked across our southern border by illegals. Immigration law demands that immigrants be clear of disease and in good health. That's obviously not happened with 1.7 million illegal border crossings in 2021 alone. Then Biden and Dems bus these disease infested illegals all over the country.
lol what does that have to do with disease from illegals?

Of course, granted, the idea has always been baffling to me but republicans seem to have this fantasy now that the wall will solve our most pressing issues somehow.

What republicans are too dense to understand is that the left doesn’t like wall idea because we want open borders, it’s because it’s a stupid idea that an 8th grader would come up with. Just think about this critically for a moment. If the wall is such a genius idea to curb illegal immigration, why in the fuck didn’t any republican politician before Trump entertain such a simple idea? Sure repubs have proposed building some kind of barrier on certain stretches of the border, but none of them ever suggested that the entire border would be sealed off and it was the best immigration policy. Don’t republican voters ever think about this most basic of logic?

Okay but let’s pretend repubs are right about the idea even though they really aren’t. Let’s pretend the wall magically stopped the flow of illegal Latino immigrants because they were all too lazy to tunnel under it or climb over I guess.

Then what? The wall is built and illegal immigration is stopped. What is supposed to happen after that? Why would this one issue be the cure-all to the economy? The overall fraction of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico out of the US population is pretty small. Why would this suddenly boost wages, GDP, and revenue?

Now let’s pretend republicans had their ultimate wet dream fulfilled and all undocumented immigrants in this country were deported as well. You might see this as a positive by believing more legal citizens would get jobs, but why would that happen? The unemployment rate is under 4%. Getting rid of illegal immigrants wouldn’t somehow make the unemployment rate 0%.

Moreover, DACA citizens pay taxes. If we booted them all, revenue would drop. You know what would drop much lower if we booted all illegals? Consumer spending. DACA or not, any immigrant living here spends money on the economy. We are talking about, what, 20 million people of all nationalities? All of those people spend money on American businesses regardless of whether or not their income is legitimate. Im not highlighting this point to suggest that we should allow illegal immigrants into this country. It just doesn’t make sense to have stricter border policy just because illegal immigration still happens. A fucking wall won’t do jack shit to significantly reduce it. The border policies we have in place already are fine even if they aren’t perfect and even achieving perfection would barely make a difference anyway. Even House Democrats don’t want to make immigration policy more relaxed given that the bipartisan solution to fund the government makes no changes to border policy of the last two years.

Trump’s defiant attitude about the wall in the meeting with Pelosi and Schumer was purely for political points. He is so damn insecure that he tries to act tough just so his supporters watching the exchange would go ape shit seeing him stick it to the democrats. It’s such non sense. Trump wants the wall simply because it is a reflection of how his supporters see him. He expects us all to think he is tough when really it’s painfully obvious that he is a whiny little bitch putting up a front.

You are baffled by tic-tac-toe.

Do you have any clue about the chaos that has been going in many areas on and near our border for the last 16 months? The huge increase in the flow of drugs, the huge increase in illegal border crossings, the spikes in crime in many towns near/on the border. Heard of any of this? The wall is a good idea because there are several current examples elsewhere in the world that show that walls work and work very well.

Nazi Piglosi thinks a wall around the Capitol is a good idea.

Someone should tell her walls don't work.

He most certainly reduced legal immigration. According to my employers immigration lawyers, who I work with routinely since I have a bunch of H1B immigrant employees on my team, rejection of visa renewals during the Trump administration jumped from about 1% to 40%.

But the changes in policy were actually in accordance with the law. There are laws about hiring H1B that have to be followed, laws that are rightfully intended to protect American workers.
your original comment was out of context, you corrected it. What Trump did was in accordance with US immigration laws, What Biden is doing is illegal in accordance with US immigration laws. Biden and the corrupt dems are convinced that they can somehow turn illegals into dem voters, that's all this was ever about.

It is quite easy to determine who the illegals are because at this point there are so many that we are tripping over them daily.

The question wasn't how do you know there are illegals, it's how do you know specific people are illegal. Short answer, you don't

The question wasn't how do you know there are illegals, it's how do you know specific people are illegal. Short answer, you don't
When they don't speak a word of English, and they are doing janitorial work, the odds are indistinguishable from 100% that they are illegal.

What language does he speak? What does he do for a living?

First the standard was not speaking English. That was what I said you can't conclude based on that alone they are not legal. I'm not going to keep shooting at the goal post you keep moving. Not speaking English is not proof of lack of citizenship.

My father in law came legally. My wife was 11 at the time. I met her in college. She came speaking no English and ended up graduating from one of our best colleges. My father in law spoke virtually no English the rest of his life. My mother in law could speak basic English, but nothing complicated. The kids all speak fluent English now, as of course do their kids.

It's not as simple as you think

First the standard was not speaking English. That was what I said you can't conclude based on that alone they are not legal. I'm not going to keep shooting at the goal post you keep moving. Not speaking English is not proof of lack of citizenship.
You asked how I could tell. I told you. People who don't speak a word of English generally aren't U.S. citizens.

My father in law came legally. My wife was 11 at the time. I met her in college. She came speaking no English and ended up graduating from one of our best colleges. My father in law spoke virtually no English the rest of his life. My mother in law could speak basic English, but nothing complicated. The kids all speak fluent English now, as of course do their kids.

It's not as simple as you think

Yes it is. These days, those are rare cases.

Hey, just checking in.

Do we still need that wall?

SouthernBorderProx.gif
NeedsAWall.gif

Yep. We still need it.

Forum List

Back