It may not be obvious to some, but organizations in America already discriminate...

I know what you mean. They wouldn't let me join LULAC or the NAACP. Damn racist!

Actually, you could join both if you wish to. And the Boy Scouts had to go to court and have themselves legally classified as a private, religious organization in order to discriminate against gays, children of gays, atheists, and children of atheists.

Good for them!

I'm done with this thread. Obviously you want to be racist and that's your right. The law will never be changed to support you, but keep fighting the good fight.

Profound.

I imagine you were up most the night thinking up this thread

Were we talking about scholarships? I thought he said becoming a member of an organization....oh that's right he did. :clap2:

You compound your fail by pretending to miss the bigger picture. :clap2:

The bigger picture? You mean the one where you are actually trying to say that racism is ok. Doesn't get any bigger then that. Keep nitpicking details, racism is racism no matter what way you want to dress it up.

Now you triple your fail by trying to put words in my mouth.

The point made is that the NAACP discriminates based on race. You challenged that notion and you failed. Geebus dude, man up and admit it already. :rolleyes:

...when you aren't admitted to a college because of grades, that isn't discrimination. That's based upon scholastic performance. If you can't understand the difference, there is no use arguing here. And there are PLENTY of small breasted women working at hooters, so if these are your best examples as to why Racism should be ok, then that's pretty weak.

Have you ever heard of disparate impact? Why do you think that SCOTUS unanimously ruled against Chicago in Lewis v Chicago when they based their hiring decision solely on grades?

A girl that I worked with came in crying one day because she was denied a scholarship to the college of her choice. I ask her how she filled out the part about aferican american white, hispanic and such. Poor stupid girl she didnt check the white box. So on my urging she resubmitted the application and what do you know, she got a FULL scolar ship.

She is a white south african. That's still aferican folks. That's aferican American yes? They didnt ask if she was black.

"...the Boy Scouts discriminates against girls, universities discriminate against those with poor grades, and Hooters discriminates in favor of employing big-breasted women...

Remember, to discriminate only means 'to choose among options,' we do it everyday, in every decision we make, and especially among the people we choose to be around – it need not be a dirty word to use. It is a fact of human existence."

Source: Rand Paul Media Fiasco And The Mischaracterization Of Civil Rights

Dude, do leftists not ALREADY hate the Boy Scouts, learning institutions that actually TEACH, and any place that doesn't cater to feminist sensibilities enough? You gotta bring them even more to their attention? :eusa_shhh:

"...the Boy Scouts discriminates against girls, universities discriminate against those with poor grades, and Hooters discriminates in favor of employing big-breasted women...

There are in fact women in the boy scouts and when you aren't admitted to a college because of grades, that isn't discrimination. That's based upon scholastic performance. If you can't understand the difference, there is no use arguing here. And there are PLENTY of small breasted women working at hooters, so if these are your best examples as to why Racism should be ok, then that's pretty weak.

Um, that IS discriminating. There's no difference to understand. Try my English dictionary, rather than your "LeftSpeak" dictionary:

Discriminate - transitive verb
1 a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2 : to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1 a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources> b : to use good judgment
2 : to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>

Notice how many definitions we went through before we got to the one YOU think is the only one it has.

But hey, thanks for allowing us to use your ignorance to make the OP's point, ie. that too many people don't know how to use the word "discriminate" properly any more. :clap2:

Remember, to discriminate only means 'to choose among options,' we do it everyday, in every decision we make, and especially among the people we choose to be around – it need not be a dirty word to use. It is a fact of human existence."

You discriminate every time you make a decision.

Exactly right. We cannot make decisions without discrimination, it is impossible

I know what you mean. They wouldn't let me join LULAC or the NAACP. Damn racist!

Actually, you could join both if you wish to. And the Boy Scouts had to go to court and have themselves legally classified as a private, religious organization in order to discriminate against gays, children of gays, atheists, and children of atheists.

Good for them!

Yep...now if we could just get them to stop whining about having to now pay private, religious organization lease rates of public property.

You can still discriminate against anyone for any reason you like, you just might have to lie about the true reason.

I learned that insightful piece of wisdom yesterday from Anguille.

Dude, do leftists not ALREADY hate the Boy Scouts, learning institutions that actually TEACH,

Do point us to those leftists that hate places that teach things.

And there's good reasons to not like the Boy Scouts.

Last edited:

There are in fact women in the boy scouts and when you aren't admitted to a college because of grades, that isn't discrimination. That's based upon scholastic performance. If you can't understand the difference, there is no use arguing here. And there are PLENTY of small breasted women working at hooters, so if these are your best examples as to why Racism should be ok, then that's pretty weak.

Um, that IS discriminating. There's no difference to understand. Try my English dictionary, rather than your "LeftSpeak" dictionary:

Discriminate - transitive verb
1 a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
2 : to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
1 a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources> b : to use good judgment
2 : to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>

Notice how many definitions we went through before we got to the one YOU think is the only one it has.

There's your dictionary's definition and then there's the definition everyone uses. Now which one do you think he was referring to?

dis·crim·i·nate
&#8194; &#8194;/v. d&#618;&#712;skr&#618;m&#601;&#716;ne&#618;t; adj. d&#618;&#712;skr&#618;m&#601;n&#618;t/ Show Spelled [v. dih-skrim-uh-neyt; adj. dih-skrim-uh-nit] Show IPA verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing, adjective
&#8211;verb (used without object)
to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality: The new law discriminates against foreigners. He discriminates in favor of his relatives.

Discriminate | Define Discriminate at Dictionary.com

I wonder how many dictionaries you went through before you found the (totally unsourced) one where the most common definition wasn't listed as the first entry.

Now let us know when you're done playing semantics.

Last edited:

Good for them!

Yep...now if we could just get them to stop whining about having to now pay private, religious organization lease rates of public property.

You're the only one I see whining.

Dude, do leftists not ALREADY hate the Boy Scouts, learning institutions that actually TEACH,

Do point us to those leftists that hate places that teach things.

And there's good reasons to not like the Boy Scouts.

Home Schooling... privatized public schools... Libs aren't great fans of those...

What is not to like about the Boy Scouts? That you can't force your morals on them?

Forum List

Back