It is really bad when conservatives act like liberals

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Maybe you can give some examples from your own life.

I can give several from my own, esp in RE the comments I've heard on this board

You find out who is conservative by visiting the Politics section and Current Events and etc. Then you go to Religion and these same people are doing what liberals... those supposedly -hated liberals always do, namely: they insult people, put them down, dismiss them, give no evidence for what they are trying to promote (usually because they don't have any).... etc

So really, you are not much of a conservative, at least not in the sense of... you know.. all cylinders firing, shall we say

You find out who is conservative by visiting the Politics section and Current Events and etc. Then you go to Religion and these same people are doing what liberals... those supposedly -hated liberals always do, namely: they insult people, put them down, dismiss them, give no evidence for what they are trying to promote (usually because they don't have any).... etc

So really, you are not much of a conservative, at least not in the sense of... you know.. all cylinders firing, shall we say
Awwww some wittle whiner needs a tissue.....

Let's be honest. Most of them worship Capitalism at least as much as they do their religions. Their religion is one day a week. To make them feel better about what assholes they are the other 6.

Don't forget they Ayn Rand was a famous conservative/atheist. They exist.

Many preachers don't believe in God but use it to manipulate their flock. I suspect a lot of Republicans do too.

Let's be honest. Most of them worship Capitalism at least as much as they do their religions. Their religion is one day a week. To make them feel better about what assholes they are the other 6.

Don't forget they Ayn Rand was a famous conservative/atheist. They exist.

Many preachers don't believe in God but use it to manipulate their flock. I suspect a lot of Republicans do too.
many preachers? How do you know the exact # of them? I don't. Who can ever really know who is sincere and who isn't, barring some media exposure about beating his wife or what have you?

Again... the old broad brush treatment!

But then again, Jesus did say that we would know them by their fruits. I don't think it takes a very long time, for example, to know a priest and how sincere he is, once u move into his parish. All you have to do is talk to him for a time, watch how he interacts w/ others. It doesn't really take long. Most Catholics knew Francis was a faker from the first day of his alleged elevation to power

many preachers? How do you know the exact # of them? I don't. Who can ever really know who is sincere and who isn't, barring some media exposure about beating his wife or what have you?

But then again, Jesus did say that we would know them by their fruits. I don't think it takes a very long time, for example, to know a priest and how sincere he is, once u move into his parish. All you have to do is talk to him for a time, watch how he interacts w/ others. It doesn't really take long. Most Catholics knew Francis was a faker from the first day of his alleged elevation to power

Did I say 1058 preachers? No. I said MANY. So I don't know the exact number. But I'm smart I can conclude that it's not 100%. You agree right? It's probably not even 49%. But it's certainly more than 10%. I'd say it's 30% so let's meet in the middle. 15% know it's a hoax and do it to make money. We know of black preachers who do this and we know any faith healer is a known con man. Did you ever see the movie Faith Healers with Steve Martin? How many of them do you think actually believe what they are doing?

Faith healer Jonas and his staff use various cons to make it appear as if Jonas has divine knowledge granted by God. Despite his repeated diversions whenever he is asked when the drought will end, the townspeople find Jonas’s shows to be entertaining and hope-inspiring, and eagerly give their money to Jonas as donations.

Local sheriff Will Braverman is skeptical and decides to investigate Jonas' past. He learns that he is in fact Jack Newton, a native of New York City who lived a life of crime in his teen years.

There are 37,302 diocesan and religious-order priests in the United States.

Demographic information on Clergy in the US. The workforce of Clergy in 2021 was 455,608 people, with 19.7% woman, and 80.3% men. The average age of male Clergy in the workforce is 51.4 and of female Clergy is 50.2, and the most common race/ethnicity for Clergy is White.

Of the 455,000 I'd say a good 20% know it's a scam

Do you think Mormon priests believe the shit they say?

Looking at all the other religions besides yours, you have to admit what they are believing is such horse shit right? They have to know it's bullshit right?

We all hope every priest is sincere but they aren't. Do you think catholic pedo priests believe there's a god? And they still do what they do? No way.

The word "conservative" should be stricken from the political lexicon as there is really no such thing in today's political world.

Indeed even most right leaning politicians need a asterisk next to their name to denote the times they have voted with dems.

Fuck you, dude. You don't get to say what is, or is not, "conservative behavior". Conservatism is an ideology and does not directly implicate conduct. Granted, to some degree it may (e.g., we do not violently murder and rape our adversaries like some people, who will not be mentioned). But generally, there is no code of conduct for being a conservative.

I suspect that you are conflating social conservatism with political conservatism.

Did I say 1058 preachers? No. I said MANY. So I don't know the exact number. But I'm smart I can conclude that it's not 100%. You agree right? It's probably not even 49%. But it's certainly more than 10%. I'd say it's 30% so let's meet in the middle. 15% know it's a hoax and do it to make money. We know of black preachers who do this and we know any faith healer is a known con man. Did you ever see the movie Faith Healers with Steve Martin? How many of them do you think actually believe what they are doing?

Faith healer Jonas and his staff use various cons to make it appear as if Jonas has divine knowledge granted by God. Despite his repeated diversions whenever he is asked when the drought will end, the townspeople find Jonas’s shows to be entertaining and hope-inspiring, and eagerly give their money to Jonas as donations.

Local sheriff Will Braverman is skeptical and decides to investigate Jonas' past. He learns that he is in fact Jack Newton, a native of New York City who lived a life of crime in his teen years.
That hardly means that we should avoid all preachers/priests. I already know priests are ... you just never know

I've learned the hard way on that one. But I've found some awesome ones. Once you find them, you shouldn't let them go. I felt I had to a few years ago, but now I'm questioning whether I should have felt that way.. In any case, one has to stay close to Jesus whether one has a good pastor or not

The word "conservative" should be stricken from the political lexicon as there is really no such thing in today's political world.

Indeed even most right leaning politicians need a asterisk next to their name to denote the times they have voted with dems.
I don't agree. There is Mike Johnson

Trump

and I could go on and on.. DeSantis, Gov Abbott

Liberal: Awhhh I sh*t my diaper again! Mommy change it! What do you mean I am 81 years old and should be changing my stinky diaper??

So you have to really have to dig to find one......DeSantis maybe, the others not so much.

Which is fine because it just proves my point.
you aren't even conservative yourself except politically, since in some posts you condone abortion

That hardly means that we should avoid all preachers/priests. I already know priests are ... you just never know

I've learned the hard way on that one. But I've found some awesome ones. Once you find them, you shouldn't let them go. I felt I had to a few years ago, but now I'm questioning whether I should have felt that way.. In any case, one has to stay close to Jesus whether one has a good pastor or not
OMG some priests are amazing people. Gullible, but they believe that shit and they whole heartedly for good reasons go into preaching. Nothing bad to say about them, other than they are gullible just like their flock.

Technically, I have more respect for the con artists. LOL. You know what I mean. I mean I believe they are smarter than the believers. But as human beings, they are not better. Clearly. I'd rather leave my kids with a real believer than a con man right? Even if I think the con man is "smarter" he's not a better person.

I never said I was, that and I know a loser issue for the gop when I see one.....I'm damn sure no holy-roller.

Anyway, I support the utility of abortion....You know, in a Margaret Sanger type of way. ;)

you accept murder for others, but never for you

how big of you

Forum List

Back