Are you an early bird, night owl, bear or dolphin?

Are you a morning person, night person, in between or both?

• Early bird (Wakes up ridiculously early, goes to bed early)

• Night owl (No need to explain this one)

• Bear (In between the early and late risers)

• Dolphin (Light sleeper or insomniac who often wakes up early and goes to bed late)

• Other (Explain)

• I don't know, I just like voting in polls

• Pineapple 🍍

Results are only viewable after voting.

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
I'm asking this out of sheer curiosity. I'm a natural night owl who is trying to become an early bird. It hasn't been easy. 😝

Just depends on what day it is. Sometimes I might even be a woman. Or a fox. Or a rich tranny black guy with jewish and mongoloid heritage.
Naw but for real though, I pick pineapple.

I dont really fit into any of those. It just depends on what time I go to sleep. I can wake up at 530 am on sat morning, stay up till 5 am sunday morning, and then sleep till 12 pm sunday.
Just depends.

I dont really fit into any of those. It just depends on what time I go to sleep. I can wake up at 530 am on sat morning, stay up till 5 am sunday morning, and then sleep till 12 pm sunday.
Just depends.

Wow. That's different. I was almost going to add something like that to the poll ("all over the place.") But you can still vote "other." :)

Just depends on what day it is. Sometimes I might even be a woman. Or a fox. Or a rich tranny black guy with jewish and mongoloid heritage.
Naw but for real though, I pick pineapple.
I was a "question mark" yesterday. Today i am a 1920's car tire; either a 1923 or a 1924, depending on what time it is and which direction im facing. :dunno:

Five hours if I am very lucky but broken .
Typically 00.30 to 06.30 with at least an hour awake
Accepted as my norm .

What! Why? :) I think if people see the results first that can sometimes sway them to vote a certain way. That's why I did it this way.

Also. Multiple votes allowed. I don't usually vote in those either. It makes your vote not really count for anything.

That's how we got stuck with this crazy asshole...

fuckwit.jpg

I thought when I retired I would turn into an early bird, but nope!

I was reading a little about chronotypes today. I didn't know that it partly has to do with genetics. But I think there must be a way to change to a different sleeping type. I'm determined to, eventually, lol.

Pineapple is a fruit. Does this mean you choose pineapple if you are gay? Because there are a lot of fruity bastards around here.

I was reading a little about chronotypes today. I didn't know that it partly has to do with genetics. But I think there must be a way to change to a different sleeping type. I'm determined to, eventually, lol.
Never heard of chronotypes I'll have to see what that is. I might start playing golf with my retiree club if I could get my butt out of bed by 6am.

Not something I've self-analyzed before, but now that I've thought upon it today with this thread, I've come up with some interesting personal reflective observations...

I've tended toward the night owl, though not as much as Miss Buttercup.

Upon reflection, it may pertain to my days of watching television (a.k.a., the boob tube) where I stayed up past the 11 o'clock news. But now that I don't watch television, the internet is my primary outlet and going down all the rabbit trails the internet provides kept me up often enough past midnight.

But recently that has changed. I now tend to get up around the dawn of the day. Why is that? I think because I used to sleep in a room that was west-facing, so I never saw that first early light of morning. Now that I have east-facing room where I'm sleeping, I do see that first light and I am more willing to get out of bed, and seldom need an alarm clock. My sleep has also been better / steady than in years past, as I'm able to drift off to sleep almost right away. Perhaps I've been better recently in unburdening my thoughts by the end of the day.

Which brings me to the next point... seasons. The first light of day varies throughout the year because of seasons (and Daylight-Saving Time affects that too). I am now more apt to get out of bed even before 6am in the summer, and a bit later now that we're in December. Not to mention, when it's cold you just want to stay nice and comfy under the covers in Winter, less so in the heat of summer. And since I'm getting up earlier, I'm rarely up beyond the midnight hour.

So those are my rambling thoughts.
I guess I'll go with "bear" (never heard that expression before)

Not something I've self-analyzed before, but now that I've thought upon it today with this thread, I've come up with some interesting personal reflective observations...

I've tended toward the night owl, though not as much as Miss Buttercup.

Upon reflection, it may pertain to my days of watching television (a.k.a., the boob tube) where I stayed up past the 11 o'clock news. But now that I don't watch television, the internet is my primary outlet and going down all the rabbit trails the internet provides kept me up often enough past midnight.

But recently that has changed. I now tend to get up around the dawn of the day. Why is that? I think because I used to sleep in a room that was west-facing, so I never saw that first early light of morning. Now that I have east-facing room where I'm sleeping, I do see that first light and I am more willing to get out of bed, and seldom need an alarm clock. My sleep has also been better / steady than in years past, as I'm able to drift off to sleep almost right away. Perhaps I've been better recently in unburdening my thoughts by the end of the day.

Which brings me to the next point... seasons. The first light of day varies throughout the year because of seasons (and Daylight-Saving Time affects that too). I am now more apt to get out of bed even before 6am in the summer, and a bit later now that we're in December. Not to mention, when it's cold you just want to stay nice and comfy under the covers in Winter, less so in the heat of summer. And since I'm getting up earlier, I'm rarely up beyond the midnight hour.

So those are my rambling thoughts.
I guess I'll go with "bear" (never heard that expression before)

Thanks for your thoughts on this.... and for being the first 'bear', haha. For me it's encouraging to hear that you changed your sleeping pattern to an earlier one, just because your room facing in a different direction. Right now I have something heavy covering my window, I should probably take that off in order to get the early morning sunlight. Duh. 🤦‍♀️ (I think I put it there because I had a sleepless night recently and I wanted to make sure I caught up on my sleep the next morning.)

So true about the internet. But like you, I'm definitely not as bad as I used to be when it comes to how much time I spend on the internet rabbit trails.

323701651-1251155115475518-103970263620685097-n.jpg

Forum List

Back