Israel will always be

No there was. People like you shouldn't be allowed. Why would they allow an islamophobe there?

Does US aid help?

table01.png

I wonder if the hawks can explain why the US can't afford universal health care.

Easy - because it gives away $billions of taxpayer's money to Israel so can't look after its own people.

Does US aid help?

table01.png

I wonder if the hawks can explain why the US can't afford universal health care.

Easy - because it gives away $billions of taxpayer's money to Israel so can't look after its own people.

Silly stuff. The cost of protecting our other allies such as South Korea, Japan and those in Europe costs far more than the military credits the US gives to Israel. In fact, the aid the US gives to Israel is the most cost effective foreign aid we provide from the perspective of defending US interests.

Now you're going to get nasty because you were caught in a lie?

No nasty people shouldn't be allowed. People who have respect. Non muslism are allowed though

Again, you appear to be the only person in the world who believes that.

Google

Ive seen non muslims there. Maybe not directl at the Kaaba. So just convert to Islam if you want to see it bad. They wont allow any non Muslim near their prophets grave because when a ruler way back then had a dream of Muhamamd telling me come here they are trying to get my body out. They went and found them. Ever since then they covered it up and protected it completely. Even with Muslims they keep it very protected :cool:

Does US aid help?

table01.png

Silly stuff. The cost of protecting our other allies such as South Korea, Japan and those in Europe costs far more than the military credits the US gives to Israel. In fact, the aid the US gives to Israel is the most cost effective foreign aid we provide from the perspective of defending US interests.

Please explain the advantage to the US of aid to Israel.
What does the US actually get in return that makes this a good spend?

No nasty people shouldn't be allowed. People who have respect. Non muslism are allowed though

Google

Ive seen non muslims there. Maybe not directl at the Kaaba. So just convert to Islam if you want to see it bad. They wont allow any non Muslim near their prophets grave because when a ruler way back then had a dream of Muhamamd telling me come here they are trying to get my body out. They went and found them. Ever since then they covered it up and protected it completely. Even with Muslims they keep it very protected :cool:

Are you sure you didn't dream this? I mean, after all, no one else in the world believes non-Muslims are allowed into Mecca.

Or maybe you were really in Dearborn and thought it was Mecca.

Google

Google

Are you sure you didn't dream this? I mean, after all, no one else in the world believes non-Muslims are allowed into Mecca.

Or maybe you were really in Dearborn and thought it was Mecca.

Google

Lol you troll. It was a real incident. Ask the Saudis

Does US aid help?

table01.png

We give Israel money and it gives us problems.

What less could you want in a relationship?

Does US aid help?

table01.png

Gladly. US aid to Israel was nominal until after the 1967 and 1973 wars in which Israel defeated Soviet client states, Egypt and Syria, relieving the US of the necessity of protecting the Gulf oil fields from falling over Soviet influence. If you are familiar with this period of history, you know that it was US policy to confront the expansion of Soviet influence everywhere with US military force. At a time when the West seemed to be losing the Cold War everywhere else, these Israeli defeats of Soviet client states gave the West a rare victory.

Israel had already become the dominant power in the region before the US decided to become a major arms supplier to Israel. During the 1973 war the US decided to begin supplying weapons to Israel explicitly to gain influence over Israel, the dominant regional power, in the aftermath of the war. The reasoning was that since the Arab nations now realized that they could not hope to defeat the Israeli military and since they were unwilling to make peace with Israel, the perception that the US had influence over Israeli policy would give the US influence with the Arabs.

The 1973 US brokered peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, which locked the Soviets out of the ME, committed the US to providing sufficient long term military aid to both countries so that neither would feel threatened by the other. In order to continue to protect US interests in the area by maintaining peace and stability without committing US military forces, the US must still be perceived as being able to influence Israeli policy.

Nearly all the US aid to Israel is military aid and it comes with the condition that at least 75% of it must be spent with US companies, meaning that it provides tens of thousands of US jobs and federal, state and local taxes, so that most of the aid represents net transfers of wealth from the federal government to state and local governments, and the amount that actually leaves the US economy is no more than 25% of the gross amount.

Gladly. US aid to Israel was nominal until after the 1967 and 1973 wars in which Israel defeated Soviet client states, ....
The 1973 US brokered peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, which locked the Soviets out of the ME,

Nearly all the US aid to Israel is military aid and it comes with the condition that at least 75% of it must be spent with US companies, meaning that it provides tens of thousands of US jobs and federal, state and local taxes, so that most of the aid represents net transfers of wealth from the federal government to state and local governments, and the amount that actually leaves the US economy is no more than 25% of the gross amount.

The Soviet union is long gone so is the US funding protecting against N Korea and Cuba these days?

Let me see.
I give you $100 on the condition you spend $75 with me.

I've lost $25 for nothing and give you $75 worth of goods, paid for with my own money.

Yep. Clever post mate.
I'd go find an ice pack to cool your brain down a bit.

Gladly. US aid to Israel was nominal until after the 1967 and 1973 wars in which Israel defeated Soviet client states, ....
The 1973 US brokered peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, which locked the Soviets out of the ME,

The Soviet union is long gone so is the US funding protecting against N Korea and Cuba these days?

Let me see.

I've lost $25 for nothing and give you $75 worth of goods, paid for with my own money.

Yep. Clever post mate.
But, Fred, you seem to forget that we have given tons of money to other countries where the dictators and tyrants just line their pockets with our money. At least, with Israel our workers in the defense industry get jobs. Meanwhile, we give so much to Pakistan, and many of their military in turn are abetting the terrorists which kill our own soldiers. And don't forget that some of the military equipment which was developed by Israel is also being used by our own military. I hope you don't have a problem with that even though you aren't an American. To tell you the truth, Fred, it had been figured out that only $3 of each taxpayer's money helps Israel, and when I think of all the technological and medical advances coming out of Israel which benefit the entire world, I have no problem helping them with military equipment.

But, Fred, you seem to forget that we have given tons of money to other countries where the dictators and tyrants just line their pockets with our money.

I'll start a thread on that one. It's a joke.

At least, with Israel our workers in the defense industry get jobs.

So why not just order the things for yourself rather than pay 25% over the top as you do with Israel.

Meanwhile, we give so much to Pakistan, and many of their military in turn are abetting the terrorists which kill our own soldiers. .

Israel kills US servicemen and civilians. Why do you fund murder of your own people?

And don't forget that some of the military equipment which was developed by Israel is also being used by our own military. .

So save cash and develop it for yourselves.

I hope you don't have a problem with that even though you aren't an American. To tell you the truth, Fred, it had been figured out that only $3 of each taxpayer's money helps Israel, and when I think of all the technological and medical advances coming out of Israel which benefit the entire world, I have no problem helping them with military equipment.

Yep. I have a ruddy great big problem with it. The US supplies weapons that are used to murder women and children.

Better link to that $3 number and qualify it by saying how much is spent on social welfare or health care within the US.

Helping them with military spending assists with medical advances.
What, how to treat wounds?
That cash could be spent on medical research directly.

Let me see.

Yep. Clever post mate.

Ok, you fooled me. I thought you actually wanted to have discussion about this.

Let me see.

Yep. Clever post mate.

All I've done is clarify and simplify what you said.
Perhaps you can explain where I'm in error.

Let me see.

Yep. Clever post mate.

All I've done is clarify and simplify what you said.
Perhaps you can explain where I'm in error.

You are wrong on all counts. The US maintains a large military force in South Korea at great expense and is committed to its defense requiring a reserve force be available, again at large expense. In addition to the great expense involved, the lives of American soldiers are put at risk by our commitment to South Korea and to a lesser extent, Japan. The US also maintains an extensive military infrastructure in Europe in order to discourage Russian adventures there, again at great expense and again putting the lives of American soldiers at risk in defense of allies.

By comparison, the cost of America's commitment to Israel is very small and no US soldiers have ever been asked to risk their lives in defense of Israel. Hundreds of thousands of US soldiers have lost their lives in defense of our European and Asian allies. No US soldier has lost his life in defense of Israel.

Israel's importance to the US is that the perception of US influence over Israeli policy among the Arab states provides the US with the kind of clout and stature among the Arabs it has only been able to establish because of its military elsewhere. US policy calls for peace and stability in this very volatile part of the world in order to protect US interests, and its relationship with Israel allows the US has been able to do this without the use of its military.

If we had had another ally on the Gulf as capable and as inexpensive to support as Israel, it would have been unnecessary for the US to fight either of the Gulf wars and would have saved us huge amounts of money and thousands of American lives. If we had had another ally like Israel in Central Asia, it might have saved us from having to fight in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back