Israel Tortures Palestinian Children; Keeps Them In Outdoor Cages In Winter: Rights Group

Painfully hand tied 19 100%
2 Physical abuse 19 100%
3 Verbal abuse 17 89%
4 Blindfolded 16 84%
5 Strip searched 13 68%
6 Consulted with lawyer before interrogation 0 0%
7 Parent present throughout interrogation

I'm starting to think Dhara might be another anti Semite

The problem with threads like this, even when immediately exposed as lies and demonization of Israel, is that the useful idiots actually fall for the damn things.

The UN, UNICEF, Human Rights Watch have cataloged mistreatment of Palestinian children in detention by Israeli's

I'm starting to think Dhara might be another anti Semite

The problem with threads like this, even when immediately exposed as lies and demonization of Israel, is that the useful idiots actually fall for the damn things.

Want to irk an anti Semite? Do this....

Stand_with_Israel.jpg
I have a great respect for Israel

Seriously, being hand-tied is torture now? Even our local Mounties, kind and polite as all Canadians are, hand-cuff people when they arrest them. Yes, even the teenagers.

The Committee on the Rights of Children, a body of independent legal experts charged by the UN with the task of monitoring the protection of children’s rights in signatory states, has urged Israel to honour its responsibility to prevent the torture and ill-treatment of children.
“The Committee expresses its deepest concern about the reported practice of torture and ill-treatment of Palestinian children arrested, prosecuted and detained by the military and the police, and about the State party’s failure to end these practices in spite of repeated concerns expressed by treaty bodies,” the investigative body stated in its periodic review of Israel’s child rights record, released on Thursday.
It continued: “[Palestinian children are] systematically subject to physical and verbal violence, humiliation, painful restraints, hooding of the head and face in a sack, threatened with death, physical violence, and sexual assault against themselves or members of their family, restricted access to toilet, food and water.
“These crimes are perpetrated from the time of arrest, during transfer and interrogation, to obtain a confession but also on an arbitrary basis as testified by several Israeli soldiers as well as during pretrial detention.”
The report prompted a furious response from Israel, countering that the findings are “not based on any direct investigation on the ground, only on documents gathered from secondary sources.”
Israel furious at UN report detailing torture of Palestinian children | We Are Change

Seriously, being hand-tied is torture now? Even our local Mounties, kind and polite as all Canadians are, hand-cuff people when they arrest them. Yes, even the teenagers.
You don't phyysically restrain children. It's abuse.

OMG! Pbel has finally flipped out. :banana:
MJ, I know you get giggly at the sound of Palestinian misery, I was surprised as you! Imagine the UN and others accusing Israel of torturing children!

OMG! Pbel has finally
flipped out. :banana:

Produce the "UN" allegations of torturing children.. Please.. Let's discuss..
just google....
  • UN Accuses Israel of Torturing Palestinian Children
    therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&...
    UN Accuses Israel of Torturing Palestinian Children : ... A United Nations human rights body recently accused ... Please note that transcripts for The Real News ...

2 Physical abuse 19 100%
3 Verbal abuse 17 89%
4 Blindfolded 16 84%
5 Strip searched 13 68%

I don't accept painfully hand tied.. Almost everyone arrested complains of that.
Neither do I think "verbal abuse" is a definitive legal term.
And strip searching just MIGHT be neccessary.

Palis are NOT under jurisdiction of Israeli law --- like it or not.. They are under military jurisdiction because their PARENTS vote for terrorist organizations to lead them and as a result blow EVERY CHANCE they get for self-government, self-rule, and self-policing. THERE'S the problem..

Torture and other cruel or degrading treatment or punishment
35. The Committee expresses its deepest concern about the reported practice of torture
Committee on the Rights of the Child

Concluding observations on the second to fourth periodic
reports of Israel, adopted by the Committee at its sixty-third
session (27 May – 14 June 2013)

and ill-treatment of Palestinian children arrested, prosecuted and detained by the military
and the police, and about the State party’s failure to end these practices in spite of repeated
concerns expressed by treaty bodies, special procedures mandate holders and United
Nations agencies in this respect. The Committee notes with deep concern that children
living in the OPT continue to be:
(a) Routinely arrested in the middle of the night by soldiers shouting instructions
at the family and taken hand-tied and blindfolded to unknown destination without having
the possibility to say good bye to their parents who rarely know where their children are
taken;
(b) Systematically subject to physical and verbal violence, humiliation, painful
restraints, hooding of the head and face in a sack, threatened with death, physical violence,
and sexual assault against themselves or members of their family, restricted access to toilet,
food and water. These crimes are perpetrated from the time of arrest, during transfer and
interrogation, to obtain a confession but also on an arbitrary basis as testified by several
Israeli soldiers as well as during pretrial detention;
(c) Held in solitary confinement, sometimes for months.
36. The Committee reminds the State party about its unavoidable
http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/crc/docs/co/CRC-C-ISR-CO-2-4.pdf

2 Physical abuse 19 100%
3 Verbal abuse 17 89%
4 Blindfolded 16 84%
5 Strip searched 13 68%

I don't accept painfully hand tied.. Almost everyone arrested complains of that.

Palis are NOT under jurisdiction of Israeli law --- like it or not.. They are under military jurisdiction because their PARENTS vote for terrorist organizations to lead them and as a result blow EVERY CHANCE they get for self-government, self-rule, and self-policing. THERE'S the problem..
You don't accept anything Israel does as wrong.

You don't phyysically restrain children. It's abuse.

It is neither torture nor abuse. It is a necessary safety precaution when performing an arrest. Most of these "children" are teenage males fully capable of bringing serious harm to an LEO if not restrained.

Are you suggesting that the US, for example, not restrain ANYONE under the age of eighteen under any circumstances?

OMG! Pbel has finally flipped out. :banana:
MJ, I know you get giggly at the sound of Palestinian misery, I was surprised as you! Imagine the UN and others accusing Israel of torturing children!

OMG! Pbel has finally
flipped out. :banana:

Produce the "UN" allegations of torturing children.. Please.. Let's discuss..
just google....
  • UN Accuses Israel of Torturing Palestinian Children
    therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&...
    UN Accuses Israel of Torturing Palestinian Children : ... A United Nations human rights body recently accused ... Please note that transcripts for The Real News ...

Let's take the HuffPost listing.. I don't accept
Palestinian children in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, captured by Israel in the 1967 war, are routinely denied registration of their birth and access to health care, decent schools and clean water, the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child said.

or denial of health care as "torture".. Where are the SPECIFIC ALLEGATIONS of torture? Did they not get tucked in and read a bedtime story in their native language. Far as I know -- that COULD BE a UN Human Rights violation...

2 Physical abuse 19 100%
3 Verbal abuse 17 89%
4 Blindfolded 16 84%
5 Strip searched 13 68%

You don't accept anything Israel does as wrong.

I do and I will.. But I need MUCH MORE evidence than you are providing..

Forum List

Back