Israel & Palestine & The Bible

The closest thing I could find in the Bible was Philistine and that is it, no Palestine.

You are correct. Philistines were of Greek origin, known as the Sea People from the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas.

The so-called Palestinians are Arabs from the desert of Arabia

Have you exhausted every bible in publication? Or just the ones you deem worthy? I find what you post really interesting... so please do continue.

JStone has said that PLST translates to Philiestine, not Filastin. JStone has said it, so it must not only be true, it must have significance.

What does it matter what it says in the Bible. Whether Palestine is in the Bible or not has no relevance to the rights of modern Palestinians and their historic links to the land going back through time.

I left an interview on that. http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...nd-palestine-and-the-bible-2.html#post4280724

What matters is today. On the ground. Dealing with the present is more than enough alexa.

I agree with you alexa. When Israel was offered their partition so were the Arabs. Nowhere does it say that this was a one time offer and although there are issues with the wars and land issues from war movement much of the negotiations for land and mineral/water rights, etc. etc. have been accomplished, however there needs to be a Pan Arabian peace treaty and not simply a "Palestinian" peace agreement. It needs to be an all encompassing peace imo.

I hold out for that personally.

What does it matter what it says in the Bible. Whether Palestine is in the Bible or not has no relevance to the rights of modern Palestinians and their historic links to the land going back through time.

Fakestinians have no history, stupid twat :lol:

Historian Bernard Lewis...
The adjective Palestinian is comparatively new. This, I need hardly remind you, is a region of ancient civilization and of deep-rooted and often complex identitites. But, Palestine was not one of them. People might identify themselves for various purposes, by religion, by descent, or by allegiance to a particular state or ruler, or, sometimes, locality. But, when they did it locally it was generally either the city and the immediate district or the larger province, so they would have been Jerusalemites or Jaffaites or Syrians, identifying province of Syria

The constitution or the formation of a political entity called Palestine which eventually gave rise to a nationality called Palestinian were lasting innovations of the British Mandate [1948]

Rashid Khalidi, professor of Middle East history and director of the Center for International Studies at Columbia University and advisor to various Arab groups...
There is a relatively recent tradition which argues that Palestinian nationalism has deep historical roots. As with other national movements, extreme advocates of this view anachronistically read back into the history of Palestine over the past few centuries a nationalist consciousness and identity that are in fact relatively modern. Among the manifestations of this outlook are a predilection for seeing in peoples such as the Canaanites, Jebusites and Philistines the lineal ancestors of the modern Palestinians.

Last edited:

I left an interview on that. http://www.usmessageboard.com/israe...nd-palestine-and-the-bible-2.html#post4280724

What matters is today. On the ground. Dealing with the present is more than enough alexa.

I agree with you alexa. When Israel was offered their partition so were the Arabs. Nowhere does it say that this was a one time offer and although there are issues with the wars and land issues from war movement much of the negotiations for land and mineral/water rights, etc. etc. have been accomplished, however there needs to be a Pan Arabian peace treaty and not simply a "Palestinian" peace agreement. It needs to be an all encompassing peace imo.

Well, it's late here and sleep is calling. I don't have much difficulty agreeing with you without seeing the details!! Myself, I fear it's getting harder to sort and there are lots of things involved and I believe Israel would need to give things up - not just popping the Palestinians into Jordan if you had that in mind ;) but I certainly have a place in my mind that a settlement is possible which can add to the quality of life both of the people of Israel and the Palestinians. (I think though extremists on could cause problems)

Well, it's late here and sleep is calling. I don't have much difficulty agreeing with you without seeing the details!! Myself, I fear it's getting harder to sort and there are lots of things involved and I believe Israel would need to give things up - not just popping the Palestinians into Jordan if you had that in mind ;) but I certainly have a place in my mind that a settlement is possible which can add to the quality of life both of the people of Israel and the Palestinians. (I think though extremists on could cause problems)

Stupid twat, you and your so-called Palestiniains go back to Saudi Arabia where you came from.

Eminent Archaeologist and Historian, former Fulbright Scholar Eric Cline...
The claims that modern Palestinians are descended from the ancient Jebusites are madewithout any supporting evidence. Historians and archaeologists have generally concluded that most, if not all, modern Palestinians are probably more closely related to the Arabs of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan and other countries than they are to the ancient Jebusites, Canaanites or Philistines.

If I didn't post it, then it's not in my mind. :)

Jordan had been dealt with prior to the creation of Israel. It is another red herring for arguing, but both sides in the actual negotiations are far further ahead than here. There's not much arguing about thousands of years ago anymore. Passionate people they are both though and it only takes a rather gentle nudge to get them going. :lol:

Had both sides accepted their partition I think this would have been a moot point long ago, but now with the multi-generational fighting, fear and hate it's going to take generations to clear to acceptance.

Stupid twat, you and your so-called Palestiniains go back to Saudi Arabia where you came from.

The claims that modern Palestinians are descended from the ancient Jebusites are madewithout any supporting evidence. Historians and archaeologists have generally concluded that most, if not all, modern Palestinians are probably more closely related to the Arabs of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Jordan and other countries than they are to the ancient Jebusites, Canaanites or Philistines.

While you haven't yet quoted anything completely unknown, I'm looking forward to you continuing, as you obviously know more... :eusa_angel: the name calling is tolerable considering you haven't strayed further with it. :tongue:

While you haven't yet quoted anything completely unknown, I'm looking forward to you continuing, as you obviously know more... :eusa_angel: the name calling is tolerable considering you haven't strayed further with it. :tongue:

Didn't you read the memo that you're done, twat?

How about you cease and desist in thinking you can tell me my place and get on with yours. Continue.

*lola* I see perhaps you've read my memo. Are you up for this? Perhaps you are playing catchup now. Post something I don't know and then you will impress me. Otherwise you'll be the one with the dress on tonight, baby.

*lola* I see perhaps you've read my memo. Are you up for this? Perhaps you are playing catchup now. Post something I don't know and then you will impress me. Otherwise you'll be the one with the dress on tonight, baby.

Walk those streets, ho. Yo pimp needs to gas up his Cadillac.

Jordan had been dealt with prior to the creation of Israel. It is another red herring for arguing, but both sides in the actual negotiations are far further ahead than here. There's not much arguing about thousands of years ago anymore. Passionate people they are both though and it only takes a rather gentle nudge to get them going. :lol:

How ahead are sides in negotiations? Netanyahu seemed talking at the UN Congress to be wanting the lot. The Palestinians would need a contiguous state linking together the West Bank and Gaza. Continued settlement building and increased settlement extremism does does not make that look likely.

If as I see it, the issue of history comes from the desire to deny the Palestinians past in order to facilitate a morally legitimacy to the taking of their land, it is essential for the arguments in favour of the Palestinians to be brought forward. I personally believe that they are the descendants of the people from Biblical times. That is what my reading has led me to believe and is what Basem L. Ra’ad believes. The BBC had a recent documentary called 'The Bible' where archaeological work did show that the Bile was not accurate. I have also read other research which also suggests that and taken with recent genetic results, I genuinely believe they are the nearest we have to the descendants of the people from biblical times. It is quite a poignant situation and one which will eventually be written in history.

Had both sides accepted their partition I think this would have been a moot point long ago, but now with the multi-generational fighting, fear and hate it's going to take generations to clear to acceptance.

I of course have not a side, just looking at it from the outside. Already I know your narrative is different from the Palestinians. You will know theirs.

I certainly believe that the Palestinians have been extremely traumatised and to be frank dehumanised. For them it is very important that the Nabka be recognised and an EU report done by Palestine/Israeli journal found the refugee issue is more to do with identity being recognised than millions wanting to return to the area. They will need time to recover from this and to find their real identity which will come from rediscovering their own identity. Healing takes time, yes, but recovering their human rights and being able to be in charge of their own destiny will be of great help.

Where I, rightly or wrongly, am seeing the greater difficulty is in the extremism of religion which has built up in the ultra orthodox among settlers.

If an agreement could be found, it would need to be realised that there would be occasional terrorist activity on both sides till the extremist element on both sides was sorted. Both sides would need to be responsible for policing such things That does not mean, as we see in NI, that it would be possible to avoid all activity, but hopefully they would be small and both States would move in quick to stop them and not to over react to them causing peace for everyone to break down. ....but I do not see how any lasting peace can be found without the agreement being agreed by a majority by both sides. Palestine must be offered a workable state which her people would agree to. Israel citizens must also in the majority agree to this. Here I see another problem because I don't know how much the ordinary Israeli is aware of what the situation is for the Palestinians and how absolutely necessary a solution for their predicament is. I hear most are pretty unaware. They would need to know rather than just thinking of them as terrorists. Possibly the current political desires of those in power makes it is their interest that they should not see the humanity and needs of the Palestinian people but for a peaceful solution they would need to become aware, recognise their humanity and agree to the solution. Obama also brought up at one time that those Jews who were thrown out of Arab lands should also have the same right of return agreed. This was not welcomed but whether they wanted it or not would go a way to resolving and healing the psychological situation with Arab neighbours.

Once this is done an agreement with the Arabs could seal the deal, could create harmonious and peaceful living and trade in the area where you can all at last become friends and have fruitful trade. From there there is no reason why there cannot be a peaceful and rich life in the ME in both material and cultural resources. Israel would at last be able to find a fruitful and creative place within the ME It is without question a possibility.

I fear I will have your heckles raised, but this was not the intention. Tell me the solution you saw. :)

Last edited:

How ahead are sides in negotiations? Netanyahu seemed talking at the UN Congress to be wanting the lot. The Palestinians would need a contiguous state linking together the West Bank and Gaza. Continued settlement building and increased settlement extremism does does not make that look likely.

If as I see it, the issue of history comes from the desire to deny the Palestinians past in order to facilitate a morally legitimacy to the taking of their land, it is essential for the arguments in favour of the Palestinians to be brought forward. I personally believe that they are the descendants of the people from Biblical times. That is what my reading has led me to believe and is what Basem L. Ra’ad believes. The BBC had a recent documentary called 'The Bible' where archaeological work did show that the Bile was not accurate. I have also read other research which also suggests that and taken with recent genetic results, I genuinely believe they are the nearest we have to the descendants of the people from biblical times. It is quite a poignant situation and one which will eventually be written in history.

I of course have not a side, just looking at it from the outside. Already I know your narrative is different from the Palestinians. You will know theirs.

I certainly believe that the Palestinians have been extremely traumatised and to be frank dehumanised. For them it is very important that the Nabka be recognised and an EU report done by Palestine/Israeli journal found the refugee issue is more to do with identity being recognised than millions wanting to return to the area. They will need time to recover from this and to find their real identity which will come from rediscovering their own identity. Healing takes time, yes, but recovering their human rights and being able to be in charge of their own destiny will be of great help.

Where I, rightly or wrongly, am seeing the greater difficulty is in the extremism of religion which has built up in the ultra orthodox among settlers.

If an agreement could be found, it would need to be realised that there would be occasional terrorist activity on both sides till the extremist element on both sides was sorted. Both sides would need to be responsible for policing such things That does not mean, as we see in NI, that it would be possible to avoid all activity, but hopefully they would be small and both States would move in quick to stop them and not to over react to them causing peace for everyone to break down. ....but I do not see how any lasting peace can be found without the agreement being agreed by a majority by both sides. Palestine must be offered a workable state which her people would agree to. Israel citizens must also in the majority agree to this. Here I see another problem because I don't know how much the ordinary Israeli is aware of what the situation is for the Palestinians and how absolutely necessary a solution for their predicament is. I hear most are pretty unaware. They would need to know rather than just thinking of them as terrorists. Possibly the current political desires of those in power makes it is their interest that they should not see the humanity and needs of the Palestinian people but for a peaceful solution they would need to become aware, recognise their humanity and agree to the solution. Obama also brought up at one time that those Jews who were thrown out of Arab lands should also have the same right of return agreed. This was not welcomed but whether they wanted it or not would go a way to resolving and healing the psychological situation with Arab neighbours.

Once this is done an agreement with the Arabs could seal the deal, could create harmonious and peaceful living and trade in the area where you can all at last become friends and have fruitful trade. From there there is no reason why there cannot be a peaceful and rich life in the ME in both material and cultural resources. Israel would at last be able to find a fruitful and creative place within the ME It is without question a possibility.

I fear I will have your heckles raised, but this was not the intention. Tell me the solution you saw. :)

Yes, I bypass portions of your post indeed. :)

Contiguity between the two partitions will be dealt with in land swaps. The creation of a Muslim financial block in which Israel would be a participant is necessary if the entire arena is going to deal with the global warming, water and sustenance issues that are already prevalent in the entire arena.

That will kill more than all the wars in the Middle East combined.

I pray not. :eusa_pray:

Yes, I bypass portions of your post indeed. :)

Contiguity between the two partitions will be dealt with in land swaps. The creation of a Muslim financial block in which Israel would be a participant is necessary if the entire arena is going to deal with the global warming, water and sustenance issues that are already prevalent in the entire arena.

That will kill more than all the wars in the Middle East combined.

I pray not. :eusa_pray:

But how do you see it reaching the point where there are the two states? I note your point of global warming and accept it is a good and valid one. However this region is also the one which could easily turn into WW3. I suspect there is a possibility to go two ways - WW3 or creating a strong and United ME which could itself be at the forefront of the world.

I fear at the moment we are moving toward the WW3 outcome when the other choice is largely a change of attitude away. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back