Israel & Palestine & The Bible

How ahead are sides in negotiations? Netanyahu seemed talking at the UN Congress to be wanting the lot. The Palestinians would need a contiguous state linking together the West Bank and Gaza. Continued settlement building and increased settlement extremism does does not make that look likely.

If as I see it, the issue of history comes from the desire to deny the Palestinians past in order to facilitate a morally legitimacy to the taking of their land, it is essential for the arguments in favour of the Palestinians to be brought forward. I personally believe that they are the descendants of the people from Biblical times. That is what my reading has led me to believe and is what Basem L. Ra’ad believes. The BBC had a recent documentary called 'The Bible' where archaeological work did show that the Bile was not accurate. I have also read other research which also suggests that and taken with recent genetic results, I genuinely believe they are the nearest we have to the descendants of the people from biblical times. It is quite a poignant situation and one which will eventually be written in history.

I of course have not a side, just looking at it from the outside. Already I know your narrative is different from the Palestinians. You will know theirs.

I certainly believe that the Palestinians have been extremely traumatised and to be frank dehumanised. For them it is very important that the Nabka be recognised and an EU report done by Palestine/Israeli journal found the refugee issue is more to do with identity being recognised than millions wanting to return to the area. They will need time to recover from this and to find their real identity which will come from rediscovering their own identity. Healing takes time, yes, but recovering their human rights and being able to be in charge of their own destiny will be of great help.

Where I, rightly or wrongly, am seeing the greater difficulty is in the extremism of religion which has built up in the ultra orthodox among settlers.

If an agreement could be found, it would need to be realised that there would be occasional terrorist activity on both sides till the extremist element on both sides was sorted. Both sides would need to be responsible for policing such things That does not mean, as we see in NI, that it would be possible to avoid all activity, but hopefully they would be small and both States would move in quick to stop them and not to over react to them causing peace for everyone to break down. ....but I do not see how any lasting peace can be found without the agreement being agreed by a majority by both sides. Palestine must be offered a workable state which her people would agree to. Israel citizens must also in the majority agree to this. Here I see another problem because I don't know how much the ordinary Israeli is aware of what the situation is for the Palestinians and how absolutely necessary a solution for their predicament is. I hear most are pretty unaware. They would need to know rather than just thinking of them as terrorists. Possibly the current political desires of those in power makes it is their interest that they should not see the humanity and needs of the Palestinian people but for a peaceful solution they would need to become aware, recognise their humanity and agree to the solution. Obama also brought up at one time that those Jews who were thrown out of Arab lands should also have the same right of return agreed. This was not welcomed but whether they wanted it or not would go a way to resolving and healing the psychological situation with Arab neighbours.

Once this is done an agreement with the Arabs could seal the deal, could create harmonious and peaceful living and trade in the area where you can all at last become friends and have fruitful trade. From there there is no reason why there cannot be a peaceful and rich life in the ME in both material and cultural resources. Israel would at last be able to find a fruitful and creative place within the ME It is without question a possibility.

I fear I will have your heckles raised, but this was not the intention. Tell me the solution you saw. :)

Yes, I bypass portions of your post indeed. :)

Contiguity between the two partitions will be dealt with in land swaps. The creation of a Muslim financial block in which Israel would be a participant is necessary if the entire arena is going to deal with the global warming, water and sustenance issues that are already prevalent in the entire arena.

That will kill more than all the wars in the Middle East combined.

I pray not. :eusa_pray:

But how do you see it reaching the point where there are the two states? I note your point of global warming and accept it is a good and valid one. However this region is also the one which could easily turn into WW3. I suspect there is a possibility to go two ways - WW3 or creating a strong and United ME which could itself be at the forefront of the world.

I fear at the moment we are moving toward the WW3 outcome when the other choice is largely a change of attitude away. :)

I am an optimist regarding war.

However, I am a realist. The issue that some like to toss around however is not a tail wagging the dog issue (IMO) and it does not belong in this forum since it is a major power against some minor powers who think they are major powers. America made the move to Defcon 3 worldwide and Defcon 2 in the blockade of Russian ships coming to resupply Egpyt. History has shown what America is willing to do when it is attacked or threatened.

I am a student of history. Prior to WWI and WWII there were many and varied alliances dabbed with sub-alliances, etc. as the buildup of the greater nations increased.

This is not happening.

It is not a world war III coming up by any stretch of the imagination. If you take look at the book section you will see some snippets of Robert H. Haldeman's 2003 book called "The Fog Of War". This will remove some of the blinders from your eyes possibly with the idea of a third world war. No one cares enough about the lives in the Middle East to endanger their first world country in a major war.

And America has proven twice that it is willing to go nuclear and has done so. Russia never went to their nuclear status over Egypt. They left.

There is only one major country in this fight Alexa. I see it coming, with the movements and alliances within the Middle East.

How about a UMMA WW1?

Does that seem frightening to you? I know it does to me.

Last edited:
Yes, I bypass portions of your post indeed. :)

Contiguity between the two partitions will be dealt with in land swaps. The creation of a Muslim financial block in which Israel would be a participant is necessary if the entire arena is going to deal with the global warming, water and sustenance issues that are already prevalent in the entire arena.

That will kill more than all the wars in the Middle East combined.

I pray not. :eusa_pray:

But how do you see it reaching the point where there are the two states? I note your point of global warming and accept it is a good and valid one. However this region is also the one which could easily turn into WW3. I suspect there is a possibility to go two ways - WW3 or creating a strong and United ME which could itself be at the forefront of the world.

I fear at the moment we are moving toward the WW3 outcome when the other choice is largely a change of attitude away. :)

I am an optimist regarding war.

However, I am a realist. The issue that some like to toss around however is not a tail wagging the dog issue (IMO) and it does not belong in this forum since it is a major power against some minor powers who think they are major powers. America made the move to Defcon 3 worldwide and Defcon 2 in the blockade of Russian ships coming to resupply Egpyt. History has shown what America is willing to do when it is attacked or threatened.

I am a student of history. Prior to WWI and WWII there were many and varied alliances dabbed with sub-alliances, etc. as the buildup of the greater nations increased.

This is not happening.

It is not a world war III coming up by any stretch of the imagination. If you take look at the book section you will see some snippets of Robert H. Haldeman's 2003 book called "The Fog Of War". This will remove some of the blinders from your eyes possibly with the idea of a third world war. No one cares enough about the lives in the Middle East to endanger their first world country in a major war.

And America has proven twice that it is willing to go nuclear and has done so. Russia never went to their nuclear status over Egypt. They left.

There is only one major country in this fight Alexa. I see it coming, with the movements and alliances within the Middle East.

How about a UMMA WW1?

Does that seem frightening to you? I know it does to me.

Maybe, we have yet to see how things develop after the Arab Spring.

Ropey do you see any value in the Palestinians having their state and what do you believe is needed for the Palestinian State to come into being?

Ropey do you see any value in the Palestinians having their state and what do you believe is needed for the Palestinian State to come into being?

What you call an "Arab Spring" is simply history repeating itself with an overthrow of Muslim tribal affiliations in order to allow changes in populations (a la Turkey-Iraq/Iran / Kurds) and there are so many other colored affiliations being contained in ME movements.

I ask a question first if I may.

Do you think all these movements are to contain war or to create war alexa?

Last edited:

What you call an "Arab Spring" is simply history repeating itself with an overthrow of Muslim tribal affiliations in order to allow changes in populations (a la Turkey-Iraq/Iran / Kurds) and so many other affiliations being contained in a movement.

Not wanting to get into petty squabbles but you did not answer my previous question in post 60.

But how do you see it reaching the point where there are the two states?

As you said what you were talking about is outside of this thread. I have other concerns with the issue of wars regarding the far right in Europe and the networking of the far right US/Europe based on an anti-islam, pro Israel networking agenda. It to is far too wide for this thread and is taking things off topic. I see as a definite possibility in connection with this situation widespread war and civil upheaval but I only got 2 minutes sleep last night, my ideas are still organising themselves and it is not really what we are talking about.

I think the world is changing and there are things brewing but to stick to the point and my earlier question which you did not answer ;)

What you call an "Arab Spring" is simply history repeating itself with an overthrow of Muslim tribal affiliations in order to allow changes in populations (a la Turkey-Iraq/Iran / Kurds) and so many other affiliations being contained in a movement.

Not wanting to get into petty squabbles but you did not answer my previous question in post 60.

As you said what you were talking about is outside of this thread. I have other concerns with the issue of wars regarding the far right in Europe and the networking of the far right US/Europe based on an anti-islam, pro Israel networking agenda. It to is far too wide for this thread and is taking things off topic. I see as a definite possibility in connection with this situation widespread war and civil upheaval but I only got 2 minutes sleep last night, my ideas are still organising themselves and it is not really what we are talking about.

I think the world is changing and there are things brewing but to stick to the point and my earlier question which you did not answer ;)

I see that there are many and varied possibilities alexa. The optimist in me says that the small area of the Palestinian State and it's ability to reference both Jordan, Egypt and Israel as well as its own shipping arena could possibly become the ME's first Arabian Democracy.

Or it could easily slide into a Hamastan.

I'm no crystal ball reader, but my book tells me that we are getting close to our time. So, I am also getting close to my time.

I just watch and accept. I would rather no deaths, but I know life.

That is why I asked you the question that I did. :)

Last edited:
I have other concerns with the issue of wars regarding the far right in Europe and the networking of the far right US/Europe based on an anti-islam, pro Israel networking agenda.

Birdbrain, this is the difference between Islam and Israel...

Symbol of Israel: Two olive branches

Flag of Saudi Arabia: Sword

Last edited:
I see that there are many and varied possibilities alexa. The optimist in me says that the small area of the Palestinian State and it's ability to reference both Jordan, Egypt and Israel as well as its own shipping arena could possibly become the ME's first Arabian Democracy.

What planet are you living on, dumbass? :lol: :clap2:

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time magazine's 100 heroes and pioneers whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world" Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

I believe that any nation that grants equal opportunity to every citizen, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or gender, thereby, establishes its moral legitimacy.

According to this principle, Israel stands alone in the Middle East region, as a nation with moral legitimacy: it grants all citizens equal rights for men and women alike, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and of the press. Not a single Arab or Muslim country in the surrounding region does the same. Nor do any of those Arab and Muslim nations allow their citizens personal freedom, or the right to maintain and express opposing points of view.

A Palestinian women's organization reported that Muslim men perpetrate some 40 honor killings annually in the West Bank alone, not including the vast majority of honor killing and abuse of women that go unreported -- as Islamic society maintains secrecy in upholding the popular belief that those "cursed with a sin, [should] hide it."

These essential qualities of life provide oxygen for the human soul; they are the kind of basic nourishment that is desperately missing in all of Israel's Muslim neighbors. Yet, the so-called humanitarian aid organizations at the United Nations direct all their energy to act against anything and everything Israel does. Let me ask: as every human being deserves to live in dignity, why has an enormous unbalanced portion of global aid gone mostly to Palestinians, while millions of underprivileged people all over the world suffer genuine, life-threatening deprivation?

Here is why: The United Nations time and again focuses its power on the perpetual manufacturing of false anti-Israel accusations. Painting Palestinians as perennial underdogs provides the perfect cover for their subversive effort. Without doubt, this trend encourages hatred and violence against the Jewish people in Israel and everywhere else. And that is exactly its point.

Those who love liberty and life will strengthen their ties and warm relations with Israel, and stand with her. Israel will continue to shine its light among all nations.

Dr. Wafa Sultan, Human Rights Activist, Among "Time magazine's 100 heroes and pioneers whose power, talent or moral example is transforming our world" Wafa Sultan - The 2006 TIME 100 - TIME.

I believe that any nation that grants equal opportunity to every citizen, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, or gender, thereby, establishes its moral legitimacy.

According to this principle, Israel stands alone in the Middle East region, as a nation with moral legitimacy: it grants all citizens equal rights for men and women alike, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and of the press. Not a single Arab or Muslim country in the surrounding region does the same. Nor do any of those Arab and Muslim nations allow their citizens personal freedom, or the right to maintain and express opposing points of view.

A Palestinian women's organization reported that Muslim men perpetrate some 40 honor killings annually in the West Bank alone, not including the vast majority of honor killing and abuse of women that go unreported -- as Islamic society maintains secrecy in upholding the popular belief that those "cursed with a sin, [should] hide it."

These essential qualities of life provide oxygen for the human soul; they are the kind of basic nourishment that is desperately missing in all of Israel's Muslim neighbors. Yet, the so-called humanitarian aid organizations at the United Nations direct all their energy to act against anything and everything Israel does. Let me ask: as every human being deserves to live in dignity, why has an enormous unbalanced portion of global aid gone mostly to Palestinians, while millions of underprivileged people all over the world suffer genuine, life-threatening deprivation?

Here is why: The United Nations time and again focuses its power on the perpetual manufacturing of false anti-Israel accusations. Painting Palestinians as perennial underdogs provides the perfect cover for their subversive effort. Without doubt, this trend encourages hatred and violence against the Jewish people in Israel and everywhere else. And that is exactly its point.

Those who love liberty and life will strengthen their ties and warm relations with Israel, and stand with her. Israel will continue to shine its light among all nations.

The same one you are on although you are hiding your head in the sand whilst you scrabble around for rocks to throw.

The rocks you throw hit Jews just as much as anyone else JStone. And I am speaking about this forum. You do no favor to the Jews with your indiscriminate throwing of rocks and casting of aspersions.

There are no blessings for those acts JStone. :doubt:

Sad that... :eusa_shhh:

The same one you are on although you are hiding your head in the sand whilst you scrabble around for rocks to throw.

The rocks you throw hit Jews just as much as anyone else JStone. And I am speaking about this forum. You do no favor to the Jews with your indiscriminate throwing of rocks and casting of aspersions.

You live on planet "Palestine" :lol:

You take the biscuit. One argument, no thought. Ropey and I could not be further distanced in our thought I believe but what he did was create an opening where very different views could begin to talk. You simply troll the threads and must cost this forum half it's fees in your countless trolling speel but there is no discussion with you. I just scroll past your posts. I just looked at this one because I had been on it this morning. You offer nothing. I am however still thinking about my discussion this morning with Ropey. Intending when I am ready to continue.

I won't need to look at your reply because I know it already.

Ropey and I could not be further distanced in our thought I believe

I don't believe that to be so. I am certain we could distance ourselves quite a bit more. Even past JStone should we choose. :)

but what he did was create an opening where very different views could begin to talk.

This is a discussion forum. It says Political Discussion Forum. Only those who know how to discuss are able to discuss.

Some think JStone is a good counter to PF Tinmore. Some like to play this side against that side and watch the gaming. I'm not much into that kind of thing. Of course both sides have their points.

Now I stay in the present and in reality.

Point in reverse of my view for you alexa.

TODAY

1. There are far too many babies born in the "Palestinian" arena to be anything less than tied to the land.
  2. There are far too many Jewish babies born in the "Israel" arena to be anything less than tied to the land.
This is a clear set premise since the partition was granted Israel. How can there be one side to this issue? There isn't. Only one-sided minds. :eusa_shhh:

Sizes of the arenas notwithstanding. Other logistics to be determined notwithstanding and the many/varied interests that continue to put themselves in the way of true face to face peace talks.

It needs be face to face. It needs be human being to human being imo.

You take the biscuit. One argument, no thought. Ropey and I could not be further distanced in our thought I believe but what he did was create an opening where very different views could begin to talk. You simply troll the threads and must cost this forum half it's fees in your countless trolling speel but there is no discussion with you. I just scroll past your posts. I just looked at this one because I had been on it this morning. You offer nothing. I am however still thinking about my discussion this morning with Ropey. Intending when I am ready to continue.

You live on Planet Palestine, too? :lol:

Number of References to Palestine in Hebrew Bible: Zero
Number of References to Palestine in Christian Bible: Zero

Number of References to Israel in Bible: 2000

You are so full of fear JStone.

Why? Who is the creator of nations?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVWpgmiIbas]Close every door - Donny Osmond (Andrew Lloyd-Webber) - YouTube[/ame]

So they should not have a land of their own? They were offered when we were offered.

I know this desire. You have lost the connection to humanity.

This is why I want to see the Kurds have a homeland. This is why I work on the Canadian First Nations Initiatives. People need their place and pride.

I thought Abbass brought them some small measure of that. Good. People need pride in order to have a desire to protect what is theirs.

If all those in the way of peace were out of the way, peace would have been achieved long ago In 1948 I dare say and then I look and wonder.

What if...

Do you?

Close every door - Donny Osmond (Andrew Lloyd-Webber) - YouTube

So they should not have a land of their own? They were offered when we were offered.

This is why I want to see the Kurds have a homeland. This is why I work on the Canadian First Nations Initiatives. People need their place and pride.

I thought Abbass brought them some small measure of that. Good. People need pride in order to have a desire to protect what is theirs.

If all those in the way of peace were out of the way, peace would have been achieved long ago In 1948 I dare say and then I look and wonder.

What if...

Do you?

Where in the Bible do Palestinians exist?

So... JStone, what are you saying when you continually post this, as you do not elaborate other than posting the obvious references to Palestine being of the old, other named nations.

You have not exhausted every bible in publication, obviously, because KJV has specifically identified Palestine as Palestine in the book of Joel. I am not a scholar of great magnitude as others are... Phenomenal they be. BUT I am flawed as others seem to not be. Perhaps your basic terms would help those like me... on this level. :eusa_angel:

So... JStone, what are you saying when you continually post this, as you do not elaborate other than posting the obvious references to Palestine being of the old, other named nations.

You have not exhausted every bible in publication, obviously, because KJV has specifically identified Palestine as Palestine in the book of Joel. I am not a scholar of great magnitude as others are... Phenomenal they be. BUT I am flawed as others seem to not be. Perhaps your basic terms would help those like me... on this level. :eusa_angel:

The Bible records the existence of the Hittites, Hivites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians Amalekites, Canaanites, Jebusites, Philistines and other ancient peoples.

But, no Palestinians.

Maybe, the Palestinians are in the Quran. Nope, not there, either. :lol:

I certainly believe that the Palestinians have been extremely traumatised and to be frank dehumanised. For them it is very important that the Nabka be recognised and an EU report done by Palestine/Israeli journal found the refugee issue is more to do with identity being recognised than millions wanting to return to the area. They will need time to recover from this and to find their real identity which will come from rediscovering their own identity. Healing takes time, yes, but recovering their human rights and being able to be in charge of their own destiny will be of great help.

Where I, rightly or wrongly, am seeing the greater difficulty is in the extremism of religion which has built up in the ultra orthodox among settlers. ...............

They have been, and merely from what I know, dehumanized and traumatized. It isn't any wonder to me, though, that they are what seems to be extremists about their path of faith and the evidence of such. It has been, by most appearances, all they have been left with. They don't even have the support of 'our' nation, as Israel does. If our global efforts were to sympathize, it seems logical to reach their needs as well.

Last edited:

What if...

Do you?

My farts are not in the Bible either JStone.

Yet they exist... :eusa_shhh:

And I am making it light. Not casting aspersions towards the Palestinians.

What if...

Do you?

My farts are not in the Bible either JStone.

Yet they exist... :eusa_shhh:

And I am making it light. Not casting aspersions towards the Palestinians.

Where in the Quran do Palestinians exist, shmekle?

Forum List

Back