Isn't It Time For Immoral Republicans to Resign?

I was thinking about Nixon's realist foreign policy, but whatever.
Nixon never fucked around, outside of fucking the country that is.

Nixon never fucked the Country. In fact he was a brilliant Statesman. Even after his humiliation and being forced to resign, people came to him for information on the craft of Statesmanship. He was a true visionary.

Or perhaps you can explain to us how he screwed the Country? His paranoia got him in trouble. Even then all he did illegal was cover up the break in by people that worked for him.

Historians will be kinder to him than his contemporaries were.

The illegal and immoral antics of Republicans Sen. Ensign and Gov. Sanford are becoming a boil on the azz of the taxpayers of America....with their gifts to mistresses, trips paid for by the taxpayers, jobs given to the family of the mistress paid for by taxpayers. Hundreds of thousands of dollars paid to the mistress's family as "gifts." One Gov. blabbing obscenely concerning his mistress being "his soulmate" while his wife and four young children stand on the sidelines helplessly.

It is time for the republicans, who campaign on "family values" to demand their immediate resignations, as they continue to be a great embarrassment to people with real family values...I am sure there are some republicans that still appreciate the concept of physical and emotional integrity and loyalty on the part of their spouses.

The very fact that neither Ensign nor Sanford resigned immediately citing 'inability to concern themselves with integrity and true family values that they so righteously campaigned on,' plus using taxpayers money to carry on their tacky little affairs is indeed too egregious for religious taxpayers to handle without hurling.....It shows that neither man has any moral values at all and are a continuing detriment to American society. They clearly do not deserve their positions.

Let their constituents decide if their morality (or apparent lack of it) matters.

They're the idiots who believed in these lying bastards.

palerider:

u sed:

// Is THIS the kind of BULL SHIT we can expect from the new crop of CHERRY LIBERALS?

What a joke.... the OP has ***FLAME ZONE*** written all over it...//

Poor baby, the truth should make you free; never be afraid of the truth !! It is not intended to be a reflection on your morals, so don't be so defensive.

Now, can you focus a little more and answer my question?

You didn't HAVE a question cherry... all you did was froth at the mouth and bash conservatives with your partisan hack tripe.

Be glad I'm not a mod here, I'd throw this trash in the Flame Zone where it belongs.

This thread? About as compelling a discussion as navel contemplation..................

Nobody cares s0n....................

belly.jpg

elvis:

u sed:

// as soon as all the immoral democrats resign //

Just name them and demand their resignations also, otherwise you're dead !!

Democrats don't run on "Family Values" as the repubs do. As a result of this, repubs must live up to their own blandishments on the value of the integrity of family life, or else DO NOT use it as a tool to get elected.

Are you also saying that it is ok for republicans to make a fiasco out of the name of marriage because there may be some Dems guilty of marriage infractions?

RULES FOR RADICALS

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity."

» Responses to Saul Alinsky’s Rules of Power Tactics Amorian: Love, Morality & the Pursuit of Happiness

Republicans are "immoral", but Dems are "guilty of marriage infractions"? Ha ha.

Every politician uses "family values" to get themselves elected. I'm a Jersey girl. Anyone remember Jim McGreevy?

What about all of the tax cheats that the messiah has annointed?

Why is it the only people I see calling Obama "the messiah" are right wingers and others that do not like him?

I've wondered this as well. Maybe because there are t-shirt and mugs and the like with "Jesus Was a Community Organizer" on them, inferring that Obama - also a community organizer - is like the Messiah. The left generally displays these (theDoctorIsIn has it in his sig. line) so the right took off with it. Seriously, can you blame them? It's gold. Barry lends credence to it when he stands there with his nose in the air, all superior and elitist looking. Too easy.

Last edited:
Nixon never fucked around, outside of fucking the country that is.

Nixon never fucked the Country. In fact he was a brilliant Statesman. Even after his humiliation and being forced to resign, people came to him for information on the craft of Statesmanship. He was a true visionary.

Or perhaps you can explain to us how he screwed the Country? His paranoia got him in trouble. Even then all he did illegal was cover up the break in by people that worked for him.

Historians will be kinder to him than his contemporaries were.

With each passing decade, his legacy grows increasingly worse.

Those Nixon tapes sure did reveal a lot.

Wrong, he committed PERJURY and lost his Law License for it.

That's not why he lost his law license, and he was never convicted of perjury. I believe you have your facts wrong. More importantly, you and the OP fail to see the point - which is a glaring double standard. You called it out in the original poster, but see zero conflict in yourself.

Either way, at least we can agree on the general premise that other people's marriages are theirs and have zero to do with their jobs or anyone outside those marriages/relationships. I've never quite gotten that particular obsession (other than petty gossip, of course, which is fun but pointless).

Wrong, he committed PERJURY and lost his Law License for it.

That's not why he lost his law license, and he was never convicted of perjury. I believe you have your facts wrong. More importantly, you and the OP fail to see the point - which is a glaring double standard. You called it out in the original poster, but see zero conflict in yourself.

Either way, at least we can agree on the general premise that other people's marriages are theirs and have zero to do with their jobs or anyone outside those marriages/relationships. I've never quite gotten that particular obsession (other than petty gossip, of course, which is fun but pointless).

I'm not sure about this when it comes to elected officials. They work for us. If they are willing to lie and cheat in their personal lives it reflects their basic character and therefore they would be willing to lie and cheat in their professional life. Oh what am I saying? They're politicians. Never mind.

Actually, he engaged in clever talk and left himself a loophole. Much as the OP's examples have done with giving jobs and such. Pretty parallel in that regard.

Wrong, he committed PERJURY and lost his Law License for it. He did not get thrown out of office because the Democrats do not care when one of their own breaks the law. Just ask Pelosi about Jefferson.
He was found Not Guilty of perjury by a Majority republican Senate.
Wanna try again?

Forum List

Back