Is violent protest the only protest that actually works?

R

rdean

What comes to mind is the Stonewall Riot in the late 60's. Up until then, police constantly attacked gays for "sport". The police were making one of their "regular raids" when the patrons decided there weren't going to take it any more. They threw the police out and barred the doors. The police brought a battering ram to knock the door down. By the time they were inside the bar, a huge crowd gathered. Of course, the police never thought a bunch of sissies were going to fight back. And fight they did. Just a few months later, the city had it's first gay pride parade. Now such parades are in nearly every country in the world in one form or another.

And look at the civil rights movement. Nothing really happened until America saw old ladies and children being attacked by dog and fire hoses and being dragged away:

bham3a.jpg

MTE5NTU2MzE2NTExODMxNTYz.jpg

Watching a Marine Veteran talking in Baltimore made my eyes water. He said when on Active Duty in the Middle East, he was called a patriot. Now that he's protesting the many young blacks being murdered without repercussion, he's called a thug. And we know from USMB right wingers, that's their favorite term.

And these right wingers? Look at them. When Bundy was illegally stealing from the American people right wingers, covered in weapons, rushed to defend him. They were only looking for an excuse to kill. Look at the hundreds of thousands of dollars sent to Zimmerman for killing an underage unarmed black child. And nearly every USMB Republican called him a "thug" for dressing like this:
ridiculously-saggy-pants-17.jpg

and making signs like this:
lame-gang-sign-suits.jpg

See? It can be tasteless, but it's only a capital offense when young blacks do it.

So did violent riots help in bringing about charges? Is violence the only way to fight back? And we know who they are mostly fighting against. Right conservatives?

Rdean, the city of Baltimore is almost totally leftist and Democrat.

Hardly a single Republican can be found within the city limits.

Blacks run the city from the Mayor to the Chief of Police.......and everyone in between.

Heck, half of the city cops are black.

So how are the riots the fault of the GOP? ..... :cool:

Blacks run the city from the Mayor to the Chief of Police.......and everyone in between.

He never mentioned the GOP, he said "right wingers". The conservatives who have been on the wrong side of every struggle for equality and popular justice this country has ever seen.

come on Sunni.....this is dean.....you can be talking about the formation of a Galaxy a Billion Light Years away and this stooge will find a way to bring Republicans/Conservatives/ into it....its what an obsessed person does.....

He never mentioned the GOP, he said "right wingers". The conservatives who have been on the wrong side of every struggle for equality and popular justice this country has ever seen.
who the hell do you think he means?.....45 thousand posts and you havent figured that out yet?....

who the hell do you think he means?.....45 thousand posts and you havent figured that out yet?....
You have anything to add or to refute what he actually said on the topic at hand?

Its true that it gets people's attention.

Like the Marine you described, it was very touching to see Blacks AND white pulling together. Loved the footage of people posing for photos with grinning members of the Natl Guard. Very different from Repub prez ordering the military to fire on college students who were exercising their constitutional rights.

"So did violent riots help in bringing about charges?"

Absolutely.

As we saw with the Martin case, the killer wasn't even investigated until his parents went public.

There was a news segment on TV where it was said that there are 500 Blacks killed by police in the US every year. Its only because of cameras that we're finally seeing some of them.

Rdean used the word Republican in his screed........which is the GOP. ...... :cool:
Only to refer to the conservatives of this board, most of them republicans, reading comprehension fail.

The only place I've heard that "all Dem" line is from far right web sites and have yet to see anything factual.

LINK?

:link:

"within city limits"?

More than 40 percent of city employees live outside Baltimore
City data shows 5 percent live outside Maryland
June 14, 2012|By Scott Calvert
As Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake pursues her goal of attracting 10,000 families to Baltimore over a decade, she might consider launching a recruiting drive down at City Hall.

More than 40 percent of municipal workers reside outside the city they serve, and 5 percent don’t even live in Maryland, according to statistics posted on a city website. Baltimore County is home to about a quarter of the workforce of 14,559 city workers.

You have anything to add or to refute what he actually said on the topic at hand?
i believe i was commenting on what you said.....thats how conversations work....now do you have anything to refute what i said?...

Rdean used the word Republican in his screed........which is the GOP. ...... :cool:
Only to refer to the conservatives of this board, most of them republicans, reading comprehension fail.

When did you become a Conservative?

i believe i was commenting on what you said.....thats how conversations work....now do you have anything to refute what i said?...
In a conversation, you usually say something that has something to do with what you are replying to. I truthfully said that conservatives, some of whom have called themselves democrats, have fought back every time American society attempted to perfect our freedoms. What do you have to say about that?

In a conversation, you usually say something that has something to do with what you are replying to. I truthfully said that conservatives, some of whom have called themselves democrats, have fought back every time American society attempted to perfect our freedoms. What do you have to say about that?

Here is what you said:

Sorry but another far left drone post fail!

In a conversation, you usually say something that has something to do with what you are replying to
i believe i was replying to what you said.....is that too difficult to understand?....
I truthfully said that conservatives, some of whom have called themselves democrats
no you did not.....you never mentioned the word Democrat.....not very truthful is it......
What do you have to say about that?
as far as what you just said above.....i agree,BUT, if a group of Conservatives were attempting to actually "perfect" one of our freedoms,i bet you there will be farther left people like dean,who would be against them.....the farther left and right people only care about what they believe and want....period....even if what the other side is doing makes sense.....

In a conversation, you usually say something that has something to do with what you are replying to
i believe i was replying to what you said.....is that too difficult to understand?....
I truthfully said that conservatives, some of whom have called themselves democrats
no you did not.....you never mentioned the word Democrat.....not very truthful is it......
as far as what you just said above.....i agree,BUT, if a group of Conservatives were attempting to actually "perfect" one of our freedoms,i bet you there will be farther left people like dean,who would be against them.....the farther left and right people only care about what they believe and want....period....even if what the other side is doing makes sense.....
Conservatives, by definition, fight social change. When is the last time a conservative granted rights rather than criminalized behavior?

Conservatives, by definition, fight social change. When is the last time a conservative granted rights rather than criminalized behavior?

Another far left drone fail post!

Forum List

Back