Is Violence Against Women EVER Justified?

Read the OP and vote on the following:

• A man can hit a women only if she hits first and only once to make his point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Funny story, same girl. We were broken up. I was subletting my college apartment over the summer to a couple girls. They let us crash there if we were up for the weekend. So I'm passed out on the floor when I hear a knock at the door. It was my ex girlfriend but I was drunk and still rubbing the sandman out of my eyes when I opened the door and said, "bridget?" It wasn't Bridget, it was Andrea my ex girlfriend. She says, "BRIDGET, WHO THE HELL IS BRIDGET?" and punches me in the stomach as hard as she can. :puke3:

Can you imagine a guy doing this to a woman? How can any woman on USMB justify what she did?

I should have pressed charges. Nah, women want it both ways. They want to be equal but treated differently when they lay their hands on us. I love it on Cops when the woman gets arrested for domestic violence.

Well but that's also why the statistics are skewed. Men don't press charges as often because as men we are taught to blow it off and it's not "manly" to admit a women fucked you up. I am not necessarily saying she did in fact "fuck you up" but it sounds like she caught you unprepared.

Well...men just don't do that as much because we don't like to be seen as "victims" number one. We are taught to be victorious and in control. And we certainly don't want to have to admit to society that a women is beating on us. It goes against everything we have been taught by society about what a "man" should be. So when women do it, it goes unreported a lot of the time.

This thread has reminded me of two guys: Fred Lane (RB Carolina Panthers) and Steve McNair (QB Tennessee Titans). Both of them killed by their girlfriend/wife. Both of them, when the news broke, faced rampant speculation in the media that the women had killed them because those men were beating them. I remember that well on talk radio and other media. Everyone immediately concluded that the men were wife beaters and the women were just protecting themselves from an abusive spouse. I remember at the time saying to people: "let's not be so hasty" because I remembered my buddy who had a situation in which he was actually the victim. Well in both situations it turned out that the "wife beater theory" was not the case. In McNair's situation she was just a nut job and in Lane's (although his wife claimed she was the victim) it turned out that she was the one being abusive from the start.

The point is that there is a perception in society that "men cannot be the victim of a woman's physical wrath". We have seen that perception on display in this thread. Dr. Drock's comments are a perfect example. I, for one, think society needs to rethink this and realize that a woman can be every bit as violent as a man, every bit as physically destructive as a man, and a woman can be every bit as abusive as a man....and men have the right to defend themselves from those women who are and if that means they must do so by using force it should be considered no different than a woman physically defending herself against a physically aggressive man.

Last edited:
I only answered this one: If she opens that door, it’s open season. She is no different than a man at that point,

Because I heard a story where 3 guys were breaking into a man's home and he blew away the first one that walked through the door and he heard one of the other three say to the other one, "oh shit they shot rayray" So there were at least 3 people at the door. Luckily for the man they ran because he only loaded one bullet in the gun.

That could have been a woman at the door. So if she walks through that door, she's going to get shot just the same as Ray Ray did.

But as far as fighting, I have been pushed to the edge by a woman once. She was hysterical and was going to drunk drive a car and I had to give her a smack in the face. It worked. She no longer wanted to drive that car. But for the next 3 days all I heard was "I can't believe you would hit a woman".

That slap in the face probably saved her life, and/or the lives of others.

Funny story, same girl. We were broken up. I was subletting my college apartment over the summer to a couple girls. They let us crash there if we were up for the weekend. So I'm passed out on the floor when I hear a knock at the door. It was my ex girlfriend but I was drunk and still rubbing the sandman out of my eyes when I opened the door and said, "bridget?" It wasn't Bridget, it was Andrea my ex girlfriend. She says, "BRIDGET, WHO THE HELL IS BRIDGET?" and punches me in the stomach as hard as she can. :puke3:

Can you imagine a guy doing this to a woman? How can any woman on USMB justify what she did?

I should have pressed charges. Nah, women want it both ways. They want to be equal but treated differently when they lay their hands on us. I love it on Cops when the woman gets arrested for domestic violence.

You forgot a word. "Abusive." Abusive women want it both ways.

That leaves out a literal shit-ton of the rest of us.

What a nauseating thread.

Well then refrain from reading or commenting....thank you

Oh my dearest love...you have just committed one of the most basic errors on USMB: you have responded to a Koshergirl comment. All semblance of reasonable discourse on this thread is about to end. "Abandon hope all ye who enter" from this point on.

I see all the abusive woman haters are in full force...the only one missing is Paulie, but I expect him to show up shortly as well. He wouldn't be able to keep out of a thread where guys sit around fantasizing about good cause for smacking bitches around....

I see all the abusive woman haters are in full force...the only one missing is Paulie, but I expect him to show up shortly as well. He wouldn't be able to keep out of a thread where guys sit around fantasizing about good cause for smacking bitches around....

But since you use your mouth instead of fists, you're not part of the problem. Right? :eusa_whistle:

And we're off......fucking predictable

But since you use your mouth instead of fists, you're not part of the problem. Right? :eusa_whistle:

Think about what you are saying, Boop. Koshergirl is NEVER part of the problem. She always has every solution and always the only solution. Silly you. ;)

I have yet to cause bruises or break bones with my mouth.

This is where the tags show up saying it's acceptable to hit/kill/maim/assault koshergrl....cuz we all know that "some people have it coming".

koshergirl believes that a woman can say anything without reprisal of any sort.

The best reprisal for that sort of woman is permanent ignoring from that point on. Ignore her forever. All men eventually will if she thinks she can say whatever whenever. Not so.

That sort of women grow ever more lonely as an older divorcee or spinster.

Rightly so.

"The truth is that abuse is NEVER the victim's fault."

No Excuses: The Truth About Domestic Violence - Women's Health Articles | Women's Health Program

Batterers use a variety of excuses and manipulations to justify battering.

One of the most common ones is to antagonize their victim, often using physical posturing, threats, pushing, hair pulling, until the victim hits them...and then they attack and claim it was self defense.

They follow them around, for example, screaming, pushing, waving arms, breaking things, grabbing items out of the victims' hands, blocking the victim's path, hiding keys, disconnecting phones, and then when the victim tries to push past them, they attack.

Last edited:
"The truth is that abuse is NEVER the victim's fault."

No Excuses: The Truth About Domestic Violence - Women's Health Articles | Women's Health Program

Batterers use a variety of excuses and manipulations to justify battering.

One of the most common ones is to antagonize their victim, often using physical posturing, threats, pushing, hair pulling, until the victim hits them...and then they attack and claim it was self defense.

uh huh.....so what you are saying is that men are never the victims of abuse, right? It's always women who are the victims and those who attack men have just been driven into rage by their manipulative male spouse who has goaded them into a frenzy.

koshergirl believes that a woman can say anything without reprisal of any sort.

The best reprisal for that sort of woman is permanent ignoring from that point on. Ignore her forever. All men eventually will if she thinks she can say whatever whenever. Not so.

That sort of women grow ever more lonely as an older divorcee or spinster.

Rightly so.

I believe a woman should be able to say anything without getting punched in the face, it's true.

More characteristics of batterers:

"
Blaming Others for Everything: The abuse, which usually includes the batterer blaming others for everything that goes wrong, is usually targeted at a partner or ex-partner. For example, a simple drive somewhere could turn into a violent situation if the batterer blames the partner and/or children for getting them lost. Co-workers and relatives may observe this type of behavior, and it may be directed at others as well."

https://www.msu.edu/~safe/facts/warning_dv.htm

Any man or woman who commits the acts that koshergirl describes is an abuser.

Some people don't get that verbal abuse is not acceptable, either.

Then koshergirl, since she agreed with my conclusion that she thinks she can say whatever she wants, will be become permanently ignored by men. Rightly so. That will also include her male relatives as well.

Last edited:
"MYTH #3: THE REAL PROBLEM IS COUPLES WHO ASSAULT EACH OTHER. WOMEN ARE JUST AS VIOLENT AS MEN.
FACT: A well-publicized study conducted by Dr. Murray Strauss at the University of New Hampshire found that women use violent means to resolve conflict in relationships as often as men. However, the study also concluded that when the context and consequences of an assault are measured, the majority of victims are women. The U.S. Department of Justice has found that 85% of the victims of spouse abuse are female. Men can be victims, but it is rare. "

Domestic Violence: Myths

"

MYTH #8: BATTERED WOMEN ARE MASOCHISTIC AND PROVOKE THE ABUSE. THEY MUST LIKE IT OR THEY WOULD LEAVE. FACT: Victim provocation is no more common in domestic violence than in any other crime. Battered women often make repeated attempts to leave violent relationships, but are prevented from doing so by increased violence and control tactics on the part of the abuser. Other factors which inhibit a victim's ability to leave include economic dependence, few viable options for housing and support, unhelpful responses from the criminal justice system or other agencies, social isolation, cultural or religious constraints, a commitment to the abuser and the relationship and fear of further violence. It has been estimated that the danger to a victim increases by 70% when she attempts to leave, as the abuser escalates his use of violence when he begins to lose control."

Domestic Violence: Myths

Forum List

Back