Is Violence Against Women EVER Justified?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by BluePhantom, Apr 24, 2012.

?

Read the OP and vote on the following:

1. Under no circumstances should a man ever hit or use fighting tactics against a woman

10.0%
  2. A man should only use defensive tactics against a women when he is attacked. He may not hit.

40.0%
  3. A man can hit a women only if she hits first and only once to make his point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. If a woman attacks a man he can give as much as he receives and no more

10.0%
  5. If she opens that door, itÂ’s open season. She is no different than a man at that point

35.0%
  6. Hey, you gotta keep those bitches in line somehow.

5.0%
  1. BluePhantom

BluePhantom Educator (of liberals)

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    So I was having a discussion with the wife about if and when it is ever ok for a man to hit a women. Now the stereotypical answer is “never”. But is that really realistic? Let me toss out some scenarios where a man hit a women. Each of these I have personally witnessed (no I wasn’t the one doing the hitting) and in each case I felt the girl got exactly what she deserved.

Example 1: A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who made no secret that in her opinion she could hit him as much as she wanted because the moment he dared to hit back he would go to jail instead of her and no court would ever convict a woman of being abusive toward a man. I mean she actually bragged about it. She beat on that guy like a drum constantly until one day he finally had enough and “returned the treatment”. (Note: He would have simply left her but they had a child together and he couldn’t leave the child with an abusive woman until he could prove in court she was abusive – eventually that did happen.)

Example 2: To make a long story short, a beautiful woman stole our table at a crowded bar. My brother asked her politely to leave several times and offered to buy her a drink if she would depart. She refused every time told him “beautiful women only take orders when they feel like it so there’s not much you can do about it is there?” and then she blew smoke in his face. He asked her to leave again and warned her that if she blew smoke in his face again he would punch her dead in the face. She said “oh really? I dare you”, leaned directly into his face and exhaled a cloud of smoke around my brothers head….he broke her nose.

Example 3: A woman stood behind her boyfriend screaming at this other guy calling him every name in the book, making reference to his questionable parentage…I mean you name it and she said it. Her boyfriend stood between them and although he wasn’t being aggressive toward the other guy neither was he telling his girlfriend to shut the hell up either. Finally her boyfriend said “you will have to go through me first to shut her up”. The guy said “I accept your terms” and after he beat the shit out of her boyfriend he walked up to the women and punched her dead in the mouth and told her “you got your boyfriends ass kicked you should share his pain.”

Now as I said…..these were thing I witnessed where I said to myself “normally I would never endorse violence of any kind let alone against women…..but in this case….the bitch was begging for it.”

I welcome thoughts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    walk away

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    I dont think you should ever strike a girl.

Believe me, I have wanted to a time or two. I had a bar manager haul off and hit me one night. I called the cops and they took BOTH of us to jail :confused:

The judge later threw my case out and I dropped the charges on her, but I hope it taught a thing or two. I found out later she did that shit alot. I was just the first to call her on it :cool:

What a bitch!

4. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Bad Medicine.

5. BluePhantom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    Ahhhhhh but that's not always realistic is it? I mean as men we are taught that when things get too hot to walk away, but society teaches women not to let their man go. Keep him there and keep him communicating. So we try to walk away like we are taught and they often won't let us because that's what they are taught.

6. FuelRod

FuelRod Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +924
    Is ducking a fighting tactic?

7. BluePhantom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    yes, but take my first example in the OP. It's not like the bitch warned him. He finally was able to leave her and get custody of his child because she finally did it in front of a witness (namely me). She walked up behind him and cracked him with a lamp.

8. SayMyName

SayMyName Live, Love, Laugh.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    In self-defence.

9. BluePhantom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,137
    I agree with you. I count myself as fortunate that I have never been in a situation that got to such a point, but in my opinion confrontation is confrontation and battery is battery. Gender is completely irrelevant. If someone attacks you (man or woman) you have the right to defend yourself using whatever means are necessary. If a man can walk away I agree that's best but I would say that whether the other person is a man or a women. Sometimes though it's just not possible and I don't believe a man should have to "stand there and take it" to avoid public ridicule.

10. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,430
    You know, I have never hit a woman with a closed fist except for once, and it was more of a reflex than anything else. I was 15 and my foster sister who was 18 were arguing one day, she turned around and hit me with a hot curling iron. Well, I was in boxing at the time, so when I saw her coming at me, I blocked the curling iron with my right arm (took a nasty burn) and jabbed with my left, hitting her in the chest and knocking the wind out of her.

I never hit a woman after that, because I felt bad about it.

However.............if a woman comes at me, the first thing I'd try to do is walk away, but if she comes after me and attacks? She's just put herself on equal ground and I will defend myself.

Trust me, after 20 years in the Navy and hanging around biker bars, I can tell you that some women are capable of going toe to toe with just about any man.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012