Is this an Islam thing, or a Liberia thing?...

Funny how we're back on Islam when this family appears to have been Christian. Kinda weird that.
There's a group of folk on this board who hate nothing more than Arab Muslims. The goal from the OP was to start a lynch mob for killing Muslims. :cuckoo:

Oh dear! That surely cannot be!!!! :eek:

And this Observation of a Dumptruck of a Dishonest Troll is #300 for this Thread... :clap2:

Let's make a Goal of 1,000 by September 1st, People!

:)

peace...

oh shit. is it a christianity thing, or an arizona thing?

Liberian girl's rape opens parents' eyes

Experts were quick to explain it all away as a product of culture. [complete fucktards were quick to explain it all away as a product of Islam]"What you're seeing here is the very long legacy and reach of the violence that took over Liberia for 70 years," a professor of women's and African studies at Emory University, told The Republic last week.
Whew! It's cultural. Things like this only happen to people who hail from far away, violent places. Certainly not to us, not to our children.

Do they?

"It's the elephant in the room that we are walking around and completely ignoring," Stephanie Orr, longtime executive director of the Phoenix-based Center Against Sexual Abuse and Violence, told me. "I just spent Friday talking to a 19-year-old girl who wanted to commit suicide. She lives in the East Valley. She had been sexually abused all her life by a relative and her parents have said, 'If you tell anybody, we're going to kill you.' They don't want Uncle So-and-So to get in trouble. She just kept saying, 'I feel so ugly and so dirty.'"

There's a woman in Glendale who knows that feeling well. She carried it through most of her childhood.

She was that kid who my mother would call a late bloomer - the awkward one with big freckles, buck teeth and red hair, the lonely girl who craved attention. The easy prey. When a friend's big brother started to notice her, she ate it up. He was 10. She was 6.

He didn't lure her into a shed with gum but rather gently brought her along with compliments and attention and a suggestion that they "play house." She willingly went along and for the next four years, he would molest her, eventually bringing two friends and coercing her to perform sex acts on the three of them.

She kept it hidden, as he said that she must, until one day when she was 10 and said, "No more." He, by then 14, was furious and broke her bedroom door trying to get to her. Finally, he left but not before shouting that her parents would put her up for adoption if she ever said anything because she was a slut.
Her parents were easily fooled with stories about how the door had been broken and later why she was found sitting in a closet with her father's loaded gun after the boy had returned.
She endured in silence the taunts, as the boys told everyone that she was a whore and, in fact, she felt like one.
"In my mind, I was just this dirty, awful rotten, rotten person who did not deserve any happiness, and I thought it until I was 20," she said. "I thought it for 10 years, and I faked my way through."
She was 20 when she finally told her parents. They were stunned and to this day, nearly two decades later, her mother seems skeptical and changes the subject whenever it comes up. Her parents, she says, were good people, educated professionals who loved her. They just didn't realize that such a thing could happen.

bon appétit

oh shit. is it a christianity thing, or an arizona thing?

Liberian girl's rape opens parents' eyes

Experts were quick to explain it all away as a product of culture. [complete fucktards were quick to explain it all away as a product of Islam]"What you're seeing here is the very long legacy and reach of the violence that took over Liberia for 70 years," a professor of women's and African studies at Emory University, told The Republic last week.
Whew! It's cultural. Things like this only happen to people who hail from far away, violent places. Certainly not to us, not to our children.

Do they?

"It's the elephant in the room that we are walking around and completely ignoring," Stephanie Orr, longtime executive director of the Phoenix-based Center Against Sexual Abuse and Violence, told me. "I just spent Friday talking to a 19-year-old girl who wanted to commit suicide. She lives in the East Valley. She had been sexually abused all her life by a relative and her parents have said, 'If you tell anybody, we're going to kill you.' They don't want Uncle So-and-So to get in trouble. She just kept saying, 'I feel so ugly and so dirty.'"

There's a woman in Glendale who knows that feeling well. She carried it through most of her childhood.

She was that kid who my mother would call a late bloomer - the awkward one with big freckles, buck teeth and red hair, the lonely girl who craved attention. The easy prey. When a friend's big brother started to notice her, she ate it up. He was 10. She was 6.

He didn't lure her into a shed with gum but rather gently brought her along with compliments and attention and a suggestion that they "play house." She willingly went along and for the next four years, he would molest her, eventually bringing two friends and coercing her to perform sex acts on the three of them.

She kept it hidden, as he said that she must, until one day when she was 10 and said, "No more." He, by then 14, was furious and broke her bedroom door trying to get to her. Finally, he left but not before shouting that her parents would put her up for adoption if she ever said anything because she was a slut.
Her parents were easily fooled with stories about how the door had been broken and later why she was found sitting in a closet with her father's loaded gun after the boy had returned.
She endured in silence the taunts, as the boys told everyone that she was a whore and, in fact, she felt like one.
"In my mind, I was just this dirty, awful rotten, rotten person who did not deserve any happiness, and I thought it until I was 20," she said. "I thought it for 10 years, and I faked my way through."
She was 20 when she finally told her parents. They were stunned and to this day, nearly two decades later, her mother seems skeptical and changes the subject whenever it comes up. Her parents, she says, were good people, educated professionals who loved her. They just didn't realize that such a thing could happen.

bon appétit

Now, that's a blast from the past.

Thanks for the research...Maybe it IS a Christian thing after all.

08-10-2009-dump.jpg

:clap2:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back